Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:12:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin acceptance  (Read 4660 times)
newtybar

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:04:53 PM

One of my local hotdogs vendors plan to accept bitcoin. They open on the street. I can imagine that the big sign "bitcoin accepted here" hanging on street and every person passing by will look at it.

Why would I buy a $2.00 USD hotdog in BTC, which would cost me an additional $5.00 in fees?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:06:17 PM

I have many friends in Germany and none of them know where to accept bitcoin. It seems to me that your assertion is most likely an exception to the rule. Germany makes some steps towards bitcoin, but these steps are still too timid to change the situation.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:14:48 PM

I think Japan may be in first place for most physical locations to spend. I thought it was like 260,000 locations. You can sometimes find them with map sited like the ones below. However they are never complete.

http://spendbitcoins.com/

https://coinmap.org/welcome/

http://bitcoinrestaurants.net/

There are many many plans for more ways to spend. Here is a neat one for example, a gas pump.

http://andyschroder.com/BitcoinFluidDispenser/2.3/

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:42:12 PM

Hopefully all countries would have accepted bitcoin as currency in the coming years.botcoin is not a bad thing, it will help the poor the get back on their feet, since the value of bitcoin will still be risinv. We should look at the countries that already accepted bitcoin, they are all advanced when it comes to technology and they know what tomorrow's technology will be since they have the companies that are market leaders, they wouldn't want those companies to go bankrupt, since they contribute largely on their economy, and now bitcoin being accepted as payment will only boost that company and in turn, provide more work and their economy will grow further, this is a simple apttern of economics, wherein if you accept bitcoins, the end result ia economical growth. People should study further when it xomes to bitcoins, especially those who are new to it and mostly those who haven't even heard of bitcoin, in order for them to understand and accept what is bitcoin or, and what bitcoin can do for them in the future.
Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:01:00 PM

You can pay with Bitcoin in several stores and even restaurants here in Germany. Are we the only one who have this?  Huh
Well, some country already accept bitcoin and I think they also consider it as real money. In addition to that, some store in other country also accept bitcoin as a payment of their costumer. I hope in my country bitcoin will also accepted and its a quite convient to the people. Lastly, I hope all country will accept bitcoin.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:19:25 PM

You can pay with Bitcoin in several stores and even restaurants here in Germany. Are we the only one who have this?  Huh
Japan is leading in bitcoin trading and all the retail shops there accepts bitcoin payments since bitcoin has been legalized in japan.South korea being a tech hub is also a bitcoin friendly country and it may even compete with japan,US and china in carrying large number of bitcoin trades.US having largest number of bitcoin ATMs is also having more retail shops accepting bitcoin.Canada has thousands of merchants accepting bitcoins.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:28:52 PM

I think there are already some countries especially in europe like yours where bitcoin is already accepted in several stores that's possible as far as I know most countries in europe are already using digital payment system and I feel like I'm getting jealous because here in my country it looks like its still not recognized by most stores and also the people despite of its legality . And here in asia japan is the only country I know where bitcoin is widely accepted .
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

I am from India and people here still do not accept bitcoin. they do not want to risk their business with Bitcoin,it's because they know that no one is going to pay them btc so I think India has to wait a bit more so everyone at least knows fully on this and then someone will take risk to accept it as payment and that will be the spark where everyone will try to complete that with accepting btc in every shop.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:52:33 PM

I'm pretty sure there are some countries out there that do accept bitcoin just like in your country Germany, but if it would be accepted in my country I too would not use bitcoin to pay for my bill when I eat in a restaurant or do groceries shopping. That amount of bitcoin you will use might double up in a month or in a year and you also might regret why you didn't hold on to them. It is really not practical as of this time to spend your bitcoin, that's my thoughts on this though.
Well, I agree that some country already accept bitcoin and I think they use it to pay their bills in restaurant and its quite convinient. In addition to that, in my country bitcoin is still not accepted and some people do not have any idea about bitcoin. However, I hope bitcoin will be legalized and accepted in my country because it will help our economy to grown up.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:39:41 PM

There are several places in Europe that accepts bitcoin in restaurants and stores,have a look at Switzerland ,they started accepting bitcoin in transportation and then in some Asian countries too bitcoin is used on a day to day activities,with time we could see more acceptance of bitcoin world wide.
winnerhor

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:46:11 PM

Now Japan also accept bitcoin . More than 300,000 shop at Japan accept bitcoin for payment . So you can using bitcoin at Japan and no need exchange Yen .

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:02:36 PM

I am sure there are also other countries having businesses and merchants already accepting Bitcoin just like cash. However, we have to admit it that the rate of adoption is not as high as expected all because Bitcoin has become a speculative tool rather than a currency. We have to be realistic about this...here in my country you have to take some effort to have a Bitcoin and because of this people are holding on to their coin in anticipation of the coming rise. Personally, I would not let go of my Bitcoin even if I am eating in a nice restaurant...in this case I would be using my fiat money instead.

I agree with you. I view bitcoin as a highly valuable investments. In my personal opinion i would not let go of bitcoin for less. Even if i run out of fiat currency i will see to it i spare my bitcoin unless it is something emergency.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1256

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:11:18 PM

There are over 50 stores in my country India accepting bitcoins and here is another list where the stores that are popular have started accepting bitcoins: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-28/who-accepts-bitcoins-payment-list-companies-stores-shops

From air tickets to restaurants and then physical ATMs, bitcoins are recognized at a lot of places without being regulated. Japan has even more brands accepting the currency.

This is great! its good to have these listed on this thread
its proof for people to see that Bitcoin is slowly but surely
being accepted and there are some really big multi-national
brands in that list!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:45:20 AM

In my country bitcoin is not legal yet and i think the acceptance here is so far i don't see any laws that will legalize bitcoin here but i really hope soon it will because bitcoin acceptance is already in japan and in other countries bitcoin accepted like germany you said and you can pay bitcoin in some stores and restaurant that's nice.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:27:21 AM

If Bitcoin has lower transaction fees, I believe many stores have already started accepting Bitcoin. Actually, Bitcoin is a good payment solution for online stores too.
lepbagong

Activity: 2282
Merit: 121

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:29:25 AM

No just a walk from my office I can buy dinner or get shoes repaired with Bitcoin. It feels like a large city thing for now but as cryptocurrency evolves and is more accepted we will see it more accepted in brick and mortar stores. I do expect Dash or litecoin to be the physical use coin.

Until now I have not known and heard the news that where I can do transactions like your place.
Is it possible that I have not been notified or indeed there is not.
Very happy also if you can do day-to-day transactions with bitcoin. Because obviously will be cheaper price, because bitcoin no taxes. that's right ?

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
jb77889

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:47:12 AM

Bitcoin is not widely accepted in the Philippines, atleast quite not yet, maybe because people are not yet quite knowledegeable about the term or idea of Bitcoin itself that is why it is not yet fully accepted in my country. But I do hope so in the near future that my country would be the same with Germany and that people will soon accept the idea and how efficient bitcoin can be.
Shohanur

Activity: 251

BIB Exchange

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:08:45 AM

in this generation, bitcoin is accepted majority places. it has a great value for this reason everyone accept it cordially.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Vanester2014

Activity: 236

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:16:34 AM

i think no becuase if you read before in some news in cointelegraph that japan already accepting bitcoin as payment in a lot of big malls in intire japan so i think this news also reach in some restaurants or supermarkets so they will start accepting bitcoins too

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:19:41 AM

This is great, but this is not new, bitcoin is getting known all over the world, also there were merchants who were using bitcoin now for their transactions. I hope one day if we visit in every country we can see establishments and merchants who accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: