Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:43:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-ICO bonuses  (Read 4513 times)
acpr23

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:00:57 PM

Pre-sale bonuses is a good marketing strategy specialty with token sales it may attract lot of investors to buy their service yet not every ICO offers Pre-sale bonus so yes, if anyone wants to gain some good profits ico with pre-sale bonus is a good opportunity.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

In my opinion, I get why they do it but honestly it can bum me out when I see that in the last moments they start random bonusses, I just received an e-mail from electroneum giving a 50% bonus because BTC is up to 4k (their price is dollar pegged)
and another 50% bonus because you're in the bonus early.. like for real? I get the strategy but I also think that's a bit of a ''f*** you I don't give a f**88'' in my face.

I think bonusses should be kept to a pre-ico bonus and possibly a scaling bonus in the ico.

I liked the substratum bonus though where they offered a 10% bonus with 10% of the raised funds going into a jar for hurricane relief.

Michaelsch

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:28:45 PM

With what I experience yes. They damp their coins lower than the ICO price. I purchase during the ICO then after it is allowed already to sale I was surprised the price fall suddenly. But if you have participated during preSale or pre- ICO you benefited the most.

If you believe in the particular coin, it is always the right decision to participate in the pre-ICO or subscribe to the whitelist. If this isn't a scam, then the bonus will not be huge, but good companies always support those who support them first.
godzillarekt007

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

Floki Robot

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:31:43 PM

I tend to agree with the sentiment you put forth in the OP. If some participants get tokens too cheap or too many of them then yes this could and would cause a massive dump off. Best

to avoid those ICO and stick with ones that are fairer for all participants or offer a 10-30% discount at maximum.

aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:24:55 PM

I think in some ICOs, they give participants big bonuses because there is no any other feature which attracts investors. Such ICOs with big bonuses fail.
For those ICO offering bonuses is not a bad idea at all. This a marketing strategy to attract more investors in their ICO project. Maybe an investors should make some research before investing their hard earned money.

Too many pre-ICP/ICO projects now. This is a lot of work for reading whitepaper.
Many of them hide the hash algorithm & volume  in the post. They are wasting your time that they even don't want you to know any technical indicators of coins.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:05:59 PM

Yes it will cause some ico fail if the early investor is dumper. They have many t9ken with much on sale. But if early investor can commit to not to sale their token untill project running it will be very good for the value of these token.

For now i like Cindicator, they have commitment to their tier 1 white list which every one invest $100k. They do a KYC etc..

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Michaelsch

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:05:52 AM

I think in some ICOs, they give participants big bonuses because there is no any other feature which attracts investors. Such ICOs with big bonuses fail.
For those ICO offering bonuses is not a bad idea at all. This a marketing strategy to attract more investors in their ICO project. Maybe an investors should make some research before investing their hard earned money.

Too many pre-ICP/ICO projects now. This is a lot of work for reading whitepaper.
Many of them hide the hash algorithm & volume in the post. They are wasting your time that they even don't want you to know any technical indicators of coins.

You can read some good reviews to make a short list of interesting projects and after that read only a couple of whitepapers. Anyway, you should read whitepapers if you want to buy it. And regarding bonuses, it's a good strategy for the company also because it helps to make a good ecosystem and strong community of people who support the project and believe it will be successful.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:19:54 AM

I agree with you, however, I rarely find a PreICO project that rewards about 100%.
The highest prize of PreICO is about 30-60%.
Michaelsch

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:26:39 PM

I agree with you, however, I rarely find a PreICO project that rewards about 100%.
The highest prize of PreICO is about 30-60%.

It's true! I would say normally they (9 from 10 ICOs) offer smth about 30%
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:48:34 PM

Hi

In most of ICOs, investors can get some bonuses, if they invest sooner. In my opinion these bonuses not only don't cause the ICO to be successful, but also cause the ICO to fail. In some ICOs there is up to 100% bonus.

If I see that there are some people have gotten 100% bonus in pre-ICO, I don't invest in that ICO, Because they will dump their coins after crowdsale and cause the price to fall.
 Do you agree with me? What are your opinions?
I also do not like the idea of early bonuses, that makes people rush towards investing their money without taking the time to research the project and if the bonuses are very large then early investors will probably sell their coins and obtain fast profits with their bonuses.

What could be a reasonable bonus size in your opinion?
Zero, that is the only reasonable size, any size other than that creates an incentive to invest in the project to get fast profits instead of being there for the long term, of course such a project is not going to have as much attention as one with huge bonuses but it gives a more serious impression than other icos that seem to want to grab as much money as possible and as fast as they can.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Iminvest

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:28:48 AM

foodcoin.io had a great multiplier bonus of 1.35 and 1.7 . Does anyone know of any others coming up in the short term?

I've just found out a very promising one.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2135473.0
It seems like they've got a great potential of their tokens, also because they're gonna create a wide marketplace ecosystem for a visual content. That's cool! Just started reading their whitepaper, will see how it goes

That's really cool! It looks like you could have good bonuses if you invest early. Did you see their bounty campaigns? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2141145.0

I've never thought about it, but actually, it's a great idea to earn some tokens even before the ICO start
I also haven't but want to try! 
zollyharvan

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:52:19 AM

I just estimate that increased bonuses are marketing tricks that make ICO popular for the eyes and are given to attract more investors, but ICO success is not just a moment away. Maybe it's the success of ICO but there are more factors to it. But I really agree with you because giving bonuses is too much, 100% pre-ICO even steady.
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:42:46 AM

Hi

In most of ICOs, investors can get some bonuses, if they invest sooner. In my opinion these bonuses not only don't cause the ICO to be successful, but also cause the ICO to fail. In some ICOs there is up to 100% bonus.

If I see that there are some people have gotten 100% bonus in pre-ICO, I don't invest in that ICO, Because they will dump their coins after crowdsale and cause the price to fall.
yes i agree with you
any good project will not dare to give very big bonuses, because they understand what will happen if doing that.
I've seen some projects that give big bonus in Pre-sale and I see now their ICO project stuck in one place hard to climb

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
WoodySpoon

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:16:53 AM

Hi

Disagree, capital needs to be sourced, and newer projects don't attract investors.

New projects need a way to stand out, and bonuses help with that.

Good deals don't necessarily mean it will fail, it builds  FOMO effect for investors when they see people crowding in and they're missing out.

cryptoadmire

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:46:24 AM

Bonuses don't cause the ICO to be successful, they only help it along the way.

Imagine if you were a startup who was bootstraping everything, you pull off a pre-sale and you have over 200k? can throw that into marketing, more team members etc. Can give your startup the push it needs to be really successful.

Also why shouldn't early adopters get a nice bonus? They believed in the project from the start.
DariaPT

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:08:30 AM

... I usually avoid any project that offer 50% bonus or more during the ICO or Pre-ICO... 
Any clear reasons why offering the large discount at about 50% is a bad thing?  I saw several projects doing that...Does 50% discount sound suspicious? Does it give any signal that the project quality is poor?  Or what is wrong with 50%?
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:53:31 AM

well for users of its coin it is a good thing because you can get more coins and can do what service they offer that satisfies you. On the other hand, if you are an investor it should be a practice to stay away with high bonus from Pre-ICO since they are just ruining away the value of their coin. 50% and above is a bad bonus for me in my opinion.

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:11:30 PM

I would say 50% or lower is reasonable, but something like 100% bonus definitely looks scammy. For example, Filecoin's early bonus is really crazy and is not well designed.

MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:22:16 PM

Hi

I think youre right. Pre sales with a huge bonus get dumped the most time and the price will stay arround the ICO price! I love presales where the community gets added to whitelist. More people that are interested in the project going to invest and they dont dump their coins, because they believe in the project.
DariaPT

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:27:00 PM

I think youre right. Pre sales with a huge bonus get dumped the most time and the price will stay arround the ICO price! I love presales where the community gets added to whitelist. More people that are interested in the project going to invest and they dont dump their coins, because they believe in the project.

I am curious to know more about the whitelists - is that something standard what people do? and how it differs from the ordinary pre-sale? Do people not get any coins before ICO in this case, but just book for some amount? or what? any special topic on the whitelists?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: