Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why do governments don't make BTC illegal worldwide ?  (Read 8097 times)
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:36:29 PM

Government don't make Bitcoin illegal world wide because it is not deal by people with government it has its own was through internet. If one country ban you will go to the country who accept Bitcoin so you cant control it. That's the reason it wont be illegal anymore. GOOD LUCK EVERY BODY.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agent507943

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:05:32 PM

The way I see it world government's will not allow uncontrollable currencies to thrive in the world market. Current fiat currency is how they have controlled the world for ages and they are not going to just give up that control. They way they maintain the control is through taxes, and exchange. As long as they have the ability to ban the exchange of 3rd party currency from current primary they can kill what ever currency comes their way.

That's how they kill bitcoin, by taking away the ability to exchange it with primary government currency. They can keep any business from accepting it by 1 making it impossible to exchange for government currency what ever that may be.
2. Making it impossible for the business to pay taxes with it. If they can't pay taxes with it, and they can't exchange it into something that you can pay taxes with. Then its worthless for them. Intern its worthless for us. It will only ever bee a p2p currency.

Bitcoin and all associated, blockchain crypto  currency is never going to be allowed to thrive unless world governments can control it. As of right now they can't and so you will start seeing exchanges being killed one by one.   

That's my opinion. Do I own bitcoin yeah... lol I hope it works I really do. I just doubt it.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:49:07 PM

I believe each government are independent from each other when it comes to nation ruling and law implementation but I can say developed countries have strong influence to other country.  If one country make BTC illegal, it does not necessary make Bitcoin illegal to other countries since it is only applicable inside that country.  Besides each government leaders have different perspective so that is the main reason why governments does not make BTC legal or illegal worldwide.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:09:06 PM

What is the point of making the bitcoin illegal throughout the world? Why want to bring the bitcoin closer to the authorities and the state? It is precisely its interest, make it available to all and avoid any intervention of the state in ... Countries should have no rights on it and therefore should not judge whether or not they find it legal ... there are really people who have a hard time understanding the principle ...
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:16:25 PM

Government don't make Bitcoin illegal world wide because it is not deal by people with government it has its own was through internet. If one country ban you will go to the country who accept Bitcoin so you cant control it. That's the reason it wont be illegal anymore. GOOD LUCK EVERY BODY.
I think it is only because that our government are also interest in bitcoin and the may be thinking about how to legalize bitcoin, I do not think that there can be any other reason for that.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:26:07 PM

I think it is only because that our government are also interest in bitcoin and the may be thinking about how to legalize bitcoin, I do not think that there can be any other reason for that.

Yes, just simple what I think government has also have an interest in bitcoin that other countries bitcoin has been legalized already. As we all now bitcoin has become the mainstream that caught the attention by many. On how it can help the economy if it will be legalized.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:30:09 PM

What is the point of making the bitcoin illegal throughout the world? Why want to bring the bitcoin closer to the authorities and the state? It is precisely its interest, make it available to all and avoid any intervention of the state in ... Countries should have no rights on it and therefore should not judge whether or not they find it legal ... there are really people who have a hard time understanding the principle ...
I dont know. Maybe they dont really know the bitcoin. Its benefits and the reason why people wants it so much. So i think someday they will be noticed this one and they will very eager to know it better. So one of these days bitcoin will be legal soon it will be legal in whole world. Just wait for it.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:34:42 PM

Governments can't really control Bitcoin, so they can't surely illegalizing it, because it is decentralized. They can't stop their people from dealing with bitcoin or trading it, simply because it don't need identification, and everyone with Internet connection can use it without any issue.
Also i don't see why governments have to ban Bitcoin, its helping so many poor and unemployed people around the world.
Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:29:24 PM

Governments can't really control Bitcoin, so they can't surely illegalizing it, because it is decentralized. They can't stop their people from dealing with bitcoin or trading it, simply because it don't need identification, and everyone with Internet connection can use it without any issue.
Also i don't see why governments have to ban Bitcoin, its helping so many poor and unemployed people around the world.

Maybe government can't control bitcoin, but they have power to ban it in a country if they want, so i think they do not want to make the bitcoin illegal because there are so many poor here which can help bitcoin and it can be improve for the economy of a country.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:51:36 PM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

the problem is not as trivial as you ask. legal and illegal is a discussion that needs to be reviewed by the government agency concerned.
so every country does not necessarily give a decision before there is discussion and study of the people or agency concerned.
after all every government and state has different rules and views dude. just because one country prohibits the use of bitcoin does not mean the whole country should also follow to ban bitcoin right? every country will have a discussion first and very likely will have differences of opinion and policies
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:01:49 AM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

They don't because they can't. Instead they try and bash it and spread lies. It is similar to a child throwing a tantrum. The people will prevail.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:11:18 PM

Cash can already be untraceable to an extent.

Making bitcoin illegal wouldn't solve much, especially since the entire world capitalization is 1% at best.

The governments are concerned because Bitcoin is being used for a lot of criminal activities. This include the purchase of illegal substances such as narcotics and weapons, as well as the payment of ransom and bribes.

Concerned about what? Bitcoins?
I believe you may be correct about that in many cases because Bitcoin was asked as an extortion money when ransomware things were at their peak and it's even being (or may be getting) used in terrorist activities, but let me ask you one thing here. Things which have values (even higher values) or even different currencies and assets such as Gold, aren't they being extort in the real world? If these things are not declared illegal anywhere, why should Bitcoins be?
Government knows the importance of bitcoin and its trading there is no reason to mark it illegal only on asking of some people who don’t know about it. No state will like to avoid or miss an opportunity for earning decent profits just by working with bitcoins. Bitcoins have massive support so no one is going to declare them illegal.
lentzaj (OP)

Activity: 474
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:24:48 PM

Making it illegal will probably not happen. But look at China. They are making it difficult to use by banning exchanges. They have the tool to crash BTC and keep it away  from mainstream adoption (unless it is a strategy to buy it at lower price)

▄▄███▀ ▀█▄▄▄
       ▄▄▀▀████ ███▄▄▀▀█▀▄
     ▄▀▄███▄▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▄█▄
   ▄█▀▄███▀▀▄█ ▀███████▀▄▀▄▀▀▄
  ▀█▀▄▀▀▄▄███ ██▄▀████▀▄██ ██▄▀▄
 ██▄▀█████ ████▄▀██▀▄████ ██▀▄
 █▀▄ ██▄▀██ ███████▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▄█
▄▀▄█ ████▄ ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀█████▀▄▀█▄
▀▄██ ███▀▄█▄▀█████▀▄██▄▀███▀▄█▄▀█
█▄▀██ █▀▄███▄▀███▀▄████▄▀█▀▄███▄▀
 ██▄ ▄██████▄▀█▀▄██████▄▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄
  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
  ▀ ███ ██████▀▄▀███████▀▄▀████▀
   ▀████ ███▀▄███ ████▀▄██ ██▀
     ▀███ █▀▄█████▄▀▀▄█████
       ▀█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄

▀▀ ▀███▀▀▀
SPHERIS█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:34:20 PM

On what legal grounds?

Maybe in a totalitarian communist regime bitcoin can be made illegal, but in the free world a legal case would need to be made. I have never heard one, have you?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
balakang00

Activity: 266

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:50:38 AM

It is because bitcoin are now being widely accepted by people in different countries. It is talked to becoming legal in some countries because it has been widely used by different kinds of people. It is very helpful and does not violate any rules or rights so it is okay with the government.

Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:44:36 AM

The governments doesn't make bitcoin as illegal worlwide because there is no clear proof that bitcoin is crossing any law and making bad effects to the people. They don't have any proof that can make bitcoin as a bad looking currency because bitcoin is a really good currency and most of the people are now using bitcoin so they can't do anything about it but to just accept that bitcoin is slowly revolutionizing and accepting bitcoin is one of the things that they can do to adjust their system.
First of all, this world has not only one government so bitcoins can be illegalized by some governments but they can't push remaining world to follow their orders. Secondly, bitcoins has improved the economy in a dramatic way which is good for one's own country. Third, bitcoins come under no one's control.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:58:12 PM

There are countries who had made bitcoins legal in their country.Some country are scared of legalizing bitcoins as they can't control bitcoins as they are decentralised in nature which gives control of bitcoins to the holders of bitcoins.Also that many illegal activity are connected to bitcoins because of anonymity which Bitcoins provide to the people during transactions, which are hard to trace back.Countries also thinks bitcoins as scam,ponzi and etc.Its also hard to impose taxes on trading of bitcoins.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:23:54 AM

Because some government believe that bitcoin in their country will be a big thing that can of course help them to grow up their economy. Many people use bitcoin nowadays because of its different and very unstable value that can make your money big. But of course bitxoin has also a disadvantage but despite that people will surely use it as well as the government.
It is right that some governments don’t consider the matter so serious but no doubt that the interest of the people is growing very fast and the day will come close soon when every government will worry about bitcoin popularity.

I think currency less people as compare to world population are known to bitcoin that’s why governments are silent now.

One thing is also here, if governments want to declare bitcoin illegal worldwide, but they can’t take any action against bitcoin nor control bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized safe currency.
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 06:04:34 AM

Probably because the government considers that this will rival the existing financial system , and the shift of the public financial system can affect the income from taxes and governmental power to know the amount of their people's wealth is reduced, but mostly I think because goverments less understanding about the Bitcoin system.
lentzaj (OP)

Activity: 474
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:55:10 PM

On what legal grounds?

Maybe in a totalitarian communist regime bitcoin can be made illegal, but in the free world a legal case would need to be made. I have never heard one, have you?

You don't need to live in a totalitarian and communist regime to experience banning of something. In EU for example, laws have been voted to ban glyphosate (Monsanto Roundup) use for example. In some countries of the free world some gov's plan to make the use of a bicycle with helmet illegal so why not BTC ? If a government judges it as a tool for money laundering they can decide to vote a law to make its use illegal.

▄▄███▀ ▀█▄▄▄
       ▄▄▀▀████ ███▄▄▀▀█▀▄
     ▄▀▄███▄▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▄█▄
   ▄█▀▄███▀▀▄█ ▀███████▀▄▀▄▀▀▄
  ▀█▀▄▀▀▄▄███ ██▄▀████▀▄██ ██▄▀▄
 ██▄▀█████ ████▄▀██▀▄████ ██▀▄
 █▀▄ ██▄▀██ ███████▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▄█
▄▀▄█ ████▄ ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀█████▀▄▀█▄
▀▄██ ███▀▄█▄▀█████▀▄██▄▀███▀▄█▄▀█
█▄▀██ █▀▄███▄▀███▀▄████▄▀█▀▄███▄▀
 ██▄ ▄██████▄▀█▀▄██████▄▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄
  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
  ▀ ███ ██████▀▄▀███████▀▄▀████▀
   ▀████ ███▀▄███ ████▀▄██ ██▀
     ▀███ █▀▄█████▄▀▀▄█████
       ▀█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄

▀▀ ▀███▀▀▀
SPHERIS█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: