Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why do governments don't make BTC illegal worldwide ?  (Read 8098 times)
Kaykay

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:58:36 AM

This is illegal in many countries. But many countries make it legal. They love Bitcoin. Their country started as a legal currency. So we think that soon Bitcoin is going to be introduced as the legal currency of other countries. Bitcoin has a bright future. It will not be destroyed.
nhaane10

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:00:21 AM

because the government wants to control all the money that is put into bitcoin,They can't hijack your computer to watch if by any chance you have a crypto wallet.
Kaykay

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:00:29 AM

It's true that transactions used Bitcoin requires no third parties like banks, and this may drive banks to the verge of shutdown. But instead of banning it, some governments see its potential and benefits for their economy.
mkcube

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:06:24 AM

Some governments see its potential and benefits for thier exonomy., instead of banning it. The governments also dont know the reaction of it. Bitcoin has a bright future. It will not destroy.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:46:33 AM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

Government can not legalizing bitcoin because they dont have regulation about cryptocurrency. Beside that, some government think bitcoin used for illegal activity like money laundering and avoid taxes.
I am optimistic in near future, government will regulate cryptocurrency and can used for payment in merchant

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:17:07 AM

The government it is hard to get any taxes from bitcoin from different people because of unknown personalities and also the government can not easily adopt to make the bitcoin illegal most of the criminals are using bitcoin to their bad activities.
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:50:55 AM

Governments do not make bitcoin illegal because they use bitcoin to profit. Bitcoin is one of the most profitable stuff . For that reason, every goverment and company are using bitcoin. they double their money with bitcoin for sure.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:16:10 AM

Government do not make bitcoin, illegal worldwide , it is because bitcoin management has no illegal transactions that involve their investors ,even if it is decentralized and have not regulated by any government agencies worldwide but bitcoin had no crimes committed , like laundering, financial scams, illegal activities, bitcoin is for good profits , legal payments and medium of exchanges in the cryptomarket, so there is no illegal activities in bitcoin.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Worty316

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 10:29:06 AM

Its a great way for top high end hedge funds, politician, bankers , etcetera etcetera to make and hide billions$
OscarWatson3213

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:41:09 PM

Indeed. Bitcoin and other digital currency is a real threat to bank system and government as well all know that the two are tightly linked.Bitcoin didn't make anything that prohibits government laws and regulations.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:47:55 PM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

We can say that bitcoin and other cryotocurrency are threat to the governmrnt and especially to banks, but at the end accepting the change in our life make our way of living much easier so that some government didnt ban it because of some purposes like it may helps the citizens to not waste a lot of time just paying some bills etc.

xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:56:07 PM

Well, i think because some government don't know how bitcoin is helpful to people in terms of earning money and i think they have some reason why they just ignore bitcoin. We are happy because the places where we live is accepting bitcoin and we can earn bitcoin though.
gvnsrbtc

Activity: 523
Merit: 285

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:02:35 AM

They have tried a lot to do so from the beginning but unfortunately they never succeeded. As you have seen the ban has imposed many times by the major countries of the world having big crypto community but it doesn't take too long to lift their ban. Now it seems impossible that a worldwide would impose over cryptos because crypto community is now much more stronger than ever before.
dadanpradana

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:08:37 AM

the government can not completely prohibit Bitcoin and its kind in the case of Cryptocurrency trading exchanges, as they also get tax from every transaction on the exchange.

so the government can also be rewarded from Cryptocurrency in the form of tax for state income, so that the country gets suplay money for the welfare of society.
wengden

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:10:51 AM

As what I have heard,Some of the government is also linked to the Bitcoin. And most of the government officials are using already BTc. That is the reason why it is still legal. Hehe just my thought.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:20:56 AM

The big worry about bitcoin or another cryptocurrency is the government cannot trace the user's financial, but i will use bitcoin as long as possible. I don't care about bad news or banned in some country about using bitcoin, bitcoin is freedom.
Yeah you're right you do not need to care about the bad news or the government's ban. after all you can still use bicoin freely right?
besides every country has its own policy dude. so not all countries forbid bitcoin. even some countries just legalize it
FosterEgan

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:48:46 PM

I do not understand this. If the governments really invest in Crypto and legalize it can earn more revenue than ever. If they use coins like Lisk, PRG- that is aiming towards cannabis, not only will the earnings will rise but the lives of the inhabitants shall be saved too. Less deaths will lead to a stronger economy.
KodyAaron

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:08:41 PM

I will never understand the government’s ideology behind this not legalizing the crypto market. There is more benefit to the government and economy in using coins like TAU, DRGN, ICX etc which are coming up with new projects than the Crypto market itself.
syarifudin

Activity: 397
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:45:08 PM

Meanwhile, China and South Korea were initially open to this concept, also issued a similar ban.

The reasons vary. Starting from the issue of fraud cryptocurrency, to hacking. In South Korea, a number of trading offices are allegedly abusing virtual money in order to avoid taxes. For that, the Minister of Justice of South Korea is preparing a draft ban on the type of cryptocurrency trade.
Wesley Gardner

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:33:48 AM

In this posting, I break down the question like this:
Governments can ban Bitcoin, but the ban cannot be very effective. So, typically, they use other means to discourage Bitcoin ownership and trading.
But more to the point, what is the reason for these efforts to discourage use? Are the reasons and goals practical and legitimate?
Does Bitcoin present a threat to sovereignty, control of the domestic money supply, borrowing, inflation, foreign exchange or fiduciary institutions? Yes and No…
Gradually, lawmakers in some countries are beginning to perceive Bitcoin as more of an opportunity than a threat. There may be no need to dissuade citizens from adopting Bitcoin, even if the populace saves or spends it as actual stored-value cash and not just as a payment instrument.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: