Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:01:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why do governments don't make BTC illegal worldwide ?  (Read 8098 times)
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:30:08 PM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

Governments can't totally make bitcoin illegal worldwide because of some of them are actually infavor in using it and they truly accept the concept of cryptocurrency. They cannot make the bitcoin illegal maube because they are having a plan on how to put taxes in it or rather control the regulation or system of bitcoin. On the other hand, another reason is, since some of the people started involving in here, governments doesn't know how to do with the money that bitcoiners have if ever they will really ban and make it illegal.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HarryBrace

Activity: 336
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:32:00 PM

Governments off every country are also very much thoughtful about this matter because they can not over look the advantages of bitcoin.
Stark_Naked9

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:41:52 AM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

I totally agree with you. If BTC doesn't get any the regulation, it actually would harm to the banking system, especially for the government. As you can see, BTC is convenient and secure in the transaction. Especially, I can't get track of the authority. It would lead to the result that they couldn't control the circulating of the national currency and get lost their tax of the transaction in the country.
armarsterling7

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:47:11 AM

I do not think it is technology that threatens technology. You thought too negatively about it. Blockchain technology will even help improve the banking system and they can work together to better serve their customers. And it's not a nightmare for the government!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Tinker18

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:53:51 AM

I think some government have no enough knowledge about BTC and lack of information.or they are afraid to change their fiat money to cryptocurrencies because there is possible for that prediction.
lorapalmer

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:03:38 AM

The smart governments instead of banning bitcoin are making money out of taxing it. For example in Netherlands government allows almost everything and makes millions to the budget from taxes. It looks like a very smart move and other countries should take an example from them.

Diruy raya

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:08:30 AM

It's very early to talk about governments adopting bitcoin.
Not making it illegal is a win right now.

Menurut pendapat saya tentang  bitcoin masih ilegal dinegara kita,karna pemerintah masih takut tentang eksistensi dari pada bitcoin dan kalau bitcoin legal di indonesia akan menjadi bombatis bagi bank dinegara ini,sebab crypto BTC lebih tinggi harganya dibandingkan harga rupiah dan lebih cepat gerakannya dalam pelayanan pablik.
Jay51

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:24:38 AM

I think Government control the National Currency to prevent Bitcoin to be the world currency but i think the purpose of bitcoin is a good source of income to help nation by nation to have money.
Labib1
Copper Member

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:26:08 AM

Bitcoin is Technology and the technology is demand-able and good, there is no any reason to ban it. Some countries bitcoin is considered beneficial and helps the country's economy. They accepted it as inevitable and they did not want to fight against Bitcoin again.
Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:42:30 AM

I think they're just afraid of him. Of course, because the blockchain can bring down the entire world banking monopoly.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Btcmicel

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:47:50 AM

I think they're just afraid of him. Of course, because the blockchain can bring down the entire world banking monopoly.

I think they are protecting there people, because we all know that bitcoin is a digital money who's the transactions is online, no one can trace it. So it can be used by bad people sorrounded us.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:24:54 AM

The government can not ban Bitcoin by telling it to be illegal. Because Bitcoin has become an international currency in today's time. And the government also has the address. Our country will benefit from Bitcoin in the future. So the government can not ban Bitcoin

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Charlessy

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:41:35 AM

I think the governments do not want the BTC to affect their economies. I think because they have not seen the real value that Bitcoin can bring to the economy of their country.
Each country has a different policy, in some countries bitcoin is legalized but there are also those that prohibit the use of bitcoin in their country. The goal is to protect its citizens from the bad side of bitcoin. As a bitcoin digital currency is clearly not wrong, the wrong is people who see a gap to misuse the system in bitcoin trading and cheat or do illegal business. That is what the government feared.
KseniaLard

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:01:18 PM

Governments would do this to prohibit this, this is a threat to them. In my opinion, everything is easier for them with a crypto currency. They and the people they serve can perform their dirty work without the so-called can not be traced.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:15:20 PM

The smart governments instead of banning bitcoin are making money out of taxing it. For example in Netherlands government allows almost everything and makes millions to the budget from taxes. It looks like a very smart move and other countries should take an example from them.

If you see correctly, everyone is milking bitcoins only :

1) If the developers had a large quantity kept at initial prices, they would be in most profit. I doubt this though.

2) Users are also buying and selling for profit. No focus on using it as a payment medium.

cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:23:45 PM

I think they do not make bitcoin illegal worldwide because they still hoping that someday they are the one who control it. Actually we all know that government wanted only to put a tax on it and that is the start of everything.
BTCempires

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:00:11 AM

It is not profitable, because under any circumstances cryptocurrency is the future of all countries, the whole world.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:25:37 AM

I think the governments do not want the BTC to affect their economies. I think because they have not seen the real value that Bitcoin can bring to the economy of their country.
We all know that we can't please everyone to believe in what we believe because everyone has its own free will, I'm just hoping that in the future majority of the governments in the world will see the potential of crypto currencies and make it legal on their respective countries. It's true that there are some governments that see Bitcoin or crypto currencies as a threat to their economy and a threat to their citizens, maybe they have a different point of view and we just need to respect them. Smiley

Each country has a different policy, in some countries bitcoin is legalized but there are also those that prohibit the use of bitcoin in their country. The goal is to protect its citizens from the bad side of bitcoin. As a bitcoin digital currency is clearly not wrong, the wrong is people who see a gap to misuse the system in bitcoin trading and cheat or do illegal business. That is what the government feared.
That's correct, and the misusing of this technology is one of the reasons why other governments ban or prohibit their citizens to use or possess this kind of digital currency. In my own opinion and point of view, it is better to regulate and amend the use of Bitcoin or other forms of crypto currencies because this technology has a very huge potential and governments already saw that but making legislation takes a lot of time especially when it is not prioritized by a specific government.  Cool
bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:14:21 AM

I believe that those other countries sees bitcoin as an opportunity and not a threat to them while others are just to blinded by greed and quickly assume that bitcoin is a threat to them. Sometimes we quickly assume that givernment only think about themselves. Not all government are corrupt and only want to be rich, some government also really thinks about the welfare of the people.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:40:43 AM

Because people perceive things differently, when one person deems bitcoin to be fraudulent and a threat, another sees it as a reliable means of payment and a profitable investing instrument, and the governments of each country does the same.

As the world has just started to understand what bitcoin truly is and the benefits it comes with, those perception varies greatly. Conservative countries find it a threat while innovative ones find a good use for it.

The good thing right now is that we are seeing lots of countries interested in the technology it packs with and is looking forward to take advantage of the blockchain as early as now. And as long as that interest in the blockchain lives, we are certain that bitcoin will continue to thrive and move forward.

We might not see government backing in the near future, but a lot of what's happening right now might eventually end us up that path.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: