Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ☀️ [ANN] ☀️ reOrder Gateway - USA, NY based Startup|MVP - Nov. 7th  (Read 23642 times)
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 09:58:32 AM

they must be getting some fee from the payments are made, they cannot survive as a business just with the ICO money
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:20:27 AM

so your partnered restaurants don’t need to pay for the hardware in the end, which will be ipads probably + the extension. How do you make enough money over time to pay all the hardware etc.? Just from the ICO income? What does the restaurants pay monthly, yearly?

It is not logical to gather money only Ico. After some time it will finish, so they need regular income.

Because of terminal and installation is free, income method can be one of two or both methods. Monthly, yearly fees or commission on sales.

I think yearly fees would be feasible to be on positive side.

Just checked their demo and I think it will be quite easier to use.
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:36:48 AM

so your partnered restaurants don’t need to pay for the hardware in the end, which will be ipads probably + the extension. How do you make enough money over time to pay all the hardware etc.? Just from the ICO income? What does the restaurants pay monthly, yearly?

It is not logical to gather money only Ico. After some time it will finish, so they need regular income.

Because of terminal and installation is free, income method can be one of two or both methods. Monthly, yearly fees or commission on sales.
Just from the ICO income? Here is their revenue :
After the implementation of the project (beginning of 2018), the Company expects to profit from the following sources:
Convenience Fee – making profit at a fixed rate of $1 from each receipt (approx. 25% of all profits)
Payment processing – making profit from agent payouts for each transaction (approx. 2.5% of all profits)
Advertising – broadcast of promo videos, banners, alcohol e-catalog (approx. 25% of all profits)
Loyalty cards – the issue of pre-paid cards for payments in restaurants and stores (approx. 47.5% of all profits).
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:37:38 AM

yearly fees? in my opinion there should be a tiny fee by every transaction they made, otherwise would be hard to survive very long on this project...
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:46:24 AM

This project seems to me moving in a promising direction, the restaurant business will not cease to exist but why exactly in this project should we invest our money? What are the distinguishing features?

Because of the huge number of restaurants and food cords, they have a big chance that some of them will adopt their product. They just need to be patient and let it evolve with natural way of spreading the good reviews among food providers and users.

Especially since it costs the restaurant owners absolutely nothing to give it a try:

"Customer table reOrder terminals installation is free and therefore easily affordable for New York retail business owners. Ready to deploy solution provide seamless next day operation"
if don t costs nothing to restaurants to try it and users can save something on final bill first it happens then better is for all...

You  sure you're reading that right? The installation is free, but what about the price of the terminals themselves? Or is Reorder going to sponsor those devices? Not a bad idea, they'll earn it back on commissions.

Installation is free, they dont say the terminals will be free.
Maybe restaurant can rent those or buy.

Hardware is also free. But it will probably run on commodity hardware and won't be very expensive.
Just some linux terminal with a touch screen probably.

@Dev do you have a demo video available to see the ordering process?

It's app for ipad not for linux.
You can find demo right here http://demo.reorder.tech

Ow thats great that everything is completly free!
This will attract more and more restaurant. Thanks for sharing the demo link, will have a look at it.

Keep it up! Great work and thanks for being active on this thread.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:05:42 AM

You have some arragements with some restaurants in USA right now? They want to work with you?
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:50:29 AM

yearly fees? in my opinion there should be a tiny fee by every transaction they made, otherwise would be hard to survive very long on this project...

it was a percentage of the receipt if I recall correctly.

alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:08:51 PM

You guys have any plans about expanding to the global market in future?

First two years is NY and US market. Depends on results we will consider about Canada, EU and Australia restaurant, shops and hotel markets

Aussies are massive foodies. I would suggest to start with Sydney after a successful venture in US.

germany would also be a thing. they eat a lot compared to south europe
nice.duck

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:15:17 PM

The demo looks really user-friendly. Saving tones of time because of no need to wait for the waiter with menus and ordering instantly. especially if it's not my first visit to the place.
And no need to wait for a check as well.
Payment options only with card and cash? or crypto payments available also?
nice.duck

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:17:11 PM

I believe people eat everywhere in Europe. Germany just quite large and it creates an impression that people eat more.
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:22:11 PM

I believe people eat everywhere in Europe. Germany just quite large and it creates an impression that people eat more.
I agree Germany is the most populated country in Europe but when I've been there I haven't seen anything special (talking about eating) Wink
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:27:25 PM

Just from the ICO income? Here is their revenue :
After the implementation of the project (beginning of 2018), the Company expects to profit from the following sources:
Convenience Fee – making profit at a fixed rate of $1 from each receipt (approx. 25% of all profits)
Payment processing – making profit from agent payouts for each transaction (approx. 2.5% of all profits)
Advertising – broadcast of promo videos, banners, alcohol e-catalog (approx. 25% of all profits)
Loyalty cards – the issue of pre-paid cards for payments in restaurants and stores (approx. 47.5% of all profits).

Ah thanks for the info. I was like "wtf, how can they make money when they give away their stuff for free" but of course I could have thought about advertisment etc.

But on the other hand, the "Convenience Fee" seems a bit high, or am I wrong? They want to help smaller restaurants etc, but if the owner has to pay 1$ each time they sell a dish, it could be a lot of money for the restaurant owner. Smaller restaurants often struggle with their prices because they can't be too expensive I think. If you take now 1$ from their incoming money from one dish...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:32:52 PM

Is it the best option in long-term.

If you take money for product and installation you can only get paid once but if you get a commission from sales you can get paid as long as your product is good.

loup

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:50:44 PM

Is it the best option in long-term.

If you take money for product and installation you can only get paid once but if you get a commission from sales you can get paid as long as your product is good.
That's better for them but worse for the users that are going to pay every time they use it.  Grin
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:48:17 PM

If restaurants dont need to pay for the terminal, that is a huge plus. I can see why they need an initial investment if they are going to pay for all the costs!

if they don't need to pay for the terminal, that's a huge boost. currently restaurants use outdated and refurbished technology a lot of the times, so this should have a competitive advantage.

After installation, my question is, will  support and maintenance for such hardware and software be still free?

I would say they will need to pay for maintenance themselves. Also are there limited number of free terminals for each restaurant or they will get as many as they need in the beginning?

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:55:42 PM

If restaurants dont need to pay for the terminal, that is a huge plus. I can see why they need an initial investment if they are going to pay for all the costs!

if they don't need to pay for the terminal, that's a huge boost. currently restaurants use outdated and refurbished technology a lot of the times, so this should have a competitive advantage.

After installation, my question is, will  support and maintenance for such hardware and software be still free?

I would say they will need to pay for maintenance themselves. Also are there limited number of free terminals for each restaurant or they will get as many as they need in the beginning?

The answers before from the dev sounds like they get no limitation on hardware, but I could imagen that they will check before if some restaurants need really a high amount of this if they order.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:10:49 PM

The average amount of food consumption depends on the climate. In the colder climatic zone, on average, more are eaten than there where it is warm or hot. This however, does not rule out regular gluttony eating in warm climates. For life, the body needs energy, and in a cold climate it is spent more. Here if we take for example animals, the crocodile can eat one antelope and then almost a year is not. A polar bear must eat every day, or at least once every few days. Therefore, the choice of New York for this start is very suitable.
loup

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:11:12 PM

After installation, my question is, will  support and maintenance for such hardware and software be still free?

The answers before from the dev sounds like they get no limitation on hardware, but I could imagen that they will check before if some restaurants need really a high amount of this if they order.
I guess they would be in charge of their terminals and of course they will check how many does each restaurant needs.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:15:22 PM

I agree Germany is the most populated country in Europe but when I've been there I haven't seen anything special (talking about eating) Wink

thats right. therefor austria would be the best but austria is pretty small in comparison
Shilnov (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:31:50 PM

Let's say 5 free terminals for each restaurant is starting package. We will decide number of terminals in each case individually. For busy places it's worth to install more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: