Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto  (Read 149696 times)
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 03:06:11 PM

iridiumdev i have idea. we can this " - Community-driven development, many suggestions made by community members will be developed", can offer a reward for example 100 coins for an idea that really helps the project?

That is a good idea, but I don't have much IRD left, so the reward should be around 20 IRD. Also, if anyone wants an update on the domain it's been refunded by namecheap so I'll purchase another with my own funds. I'll be doing the majority of the work on the whitepaper maybe this Friday or Saturday. Also, we are around
 50% towards YoBit goal!

Dev, do you plan masternodes?

The fuck for?

Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:11:48 PM

There are lot of miners coming and difficulty has increased so much, which is good and bad both :-)

As long as the increase is due to new and different miners and not just the result of a couple people adding more rigs, you are correct it is good. What is bad is just a handful of people thinking it is better to get all the coins to themselves rather than distributing them to a larger audience. The only thing that will make the coin successful in the long run is a wide distribution.

It's just greed. Almost every single coin (and probably every asset on earth) has to suffer from greedy people. "Wide distribution" is a natural impossibility I guess. High concentration of ownership in just a few hands sounds more like human being...

Indeed. I have always been amazed at what people would do for money. It's pathetic.  

And it's not just about what they are willing to do to others for money, but even to themselves! They have no clue about sustainability and how much good solidarity or fairness can do to society as a whole. That's how it is...

So true. It really makes me sad. I hate money, just because of what people will do to get it. If I didn't need it to live, I wouldn't have any! I've had a lot of it, and I've had none of it and I'd have to say, I had more peace when I had none but I had no responsibilities at that time.
::Shrugs::

It's a difficult topic. The problem is the imbalance. Money should be the key to food and education and housing. It's too much if people die because they lack money. In the Western world, money is the key to so much more beyond the things you really need to live while others can't afford to live at all.
Blasphemer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:15:19 PM

iridiumdev i have idea. we can this " - Community-driven development, many suggestions made by community members will be developed", can offer a reward for example 100 coins for an idea that really helps the project?

That is a good idea, but I don't have much IRD left, so the reward should be around 20 IRD. Also, if anyone wants an update on the domain it's been refunded by namecheap so I'll purchase another with my own funds. I'll be doing the majority of the work on the whitepaper maybe this Friday or Saturday. Also, we are around
 50% towards YoBit goal!

The fuck for?

Just for lulz, of course.
To increase the value of a coin.
jbmustaq

Activity: 445

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:56:26 PM

Till now no cryptonight coin is able to create a masternode.
iridiumdev (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 06:58:07 PM

50% towards YoBit goal!

The fuck for?

Just for lulz, of course.
To increase the value of a coin.

There is no need for a masternode at this moment, maybe in the future when a new feature requires it.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 07:00:29 PM

Because cryptonight coin don't need an afterthought like masternodes to provide mixing, anonymity, consensus and decentralization. Unlike dash. That would be like installing a fake ebay wing on your brand new Ferrari

mrmiroslav

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:04:24 PM

DEV. I think in whitepaper you need to add a description of the wallet and his potential (5-6 photo and description of functions). This will make whitepaper more attractive.
Windozxpert

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:28:26 PM

There are lot of miners coming and difficulty has increased so much, which is good and bad both :-)

As long as the increase is due to new and different miners and not just the result of a couple people adding more rigs, you are correct it is good. What is bad is just a handful of people thinking it is better to get all the coins to themselves rather than distributing them to a larger audience. The only thing that will make the coin successful in the long run is a wide distribution.

It's just greed. Almost every single coin (and probably every asset on earth) has to suffer from greedy people. "Wide distribution" is a natural impossibility I guess. High concentration of ownership in just a few hands sounds more like human being...

Indeed. I have always been amazed at what people would do for money. It's pathetic.  

And it's not just about what they are willing to do to others for money, but even to themselves! They have no clue about sustainability and how much good solidarity or fairness can do to society as a whole. That's how it is...

So true. It really makes me sad. I hate money, just because of what people will do to get it. If I didn't need it to live, I wouldn't have any! I've had a lot of it, and I've had none of it and I'd have to say, I had more peace when I had none but I had no responsibilities at that time.
::Shrugs::

It's a difficult topic. The problem is the imbalance. Money should be the key to food and education and housing. It's too much if people die because they lack money. In the Western world, money is the key to so much more beyond the things you really need to live while others can't afford to live at all.

Hence why I loathe money. Maybe not money itself, but what people do to get it and the importance they put on it. Granted, money is a requirement to live, but it's not real. Just like all of these cryptos. Fiat currency isn't real. If enough people collectively agree that a dried up dog poop is worth, say, enough to buy a 13 gallons of gas, then dog poop would be considered money. At that point, there would be no stray dogs.
Perhaps it's greed that I loathe. Interesting thing to ponder.

There's no I in team, but there is a "Me" if you jumble it up. ~ House, M.D.
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:45:10 PM

Hi,

I think that with the moltitude of coins around one peculiarity is a good marketing strategy...
If any of you had a particular idea ( also simple , but effective... ) and the dev thinks that he can implement it it's welcome...so please ( I will try too ) put here or on slack your idea so we can brainstorm and find a peculiarity for IRD coin!

And remember that no idea is stupid , so feel free to post anything you'd like....I asked the dev about POS for example...

Also simple things can make a coin appear solid...

For exchange I said before that I prefer Topia to list than Yobit.....

So please try to fund more the coin for listing I'm sure that 's not an impossible mission...

Let's find the Iridium gem!!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Kzh

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:25:12 PM

Fair launch of Iridium cryptocurrency, using the GPU friendly ASIC-proof CryptoNight algorithm. >0.01% premine (testing network).

Since there's no premine, if you'd like to fund my end of the development (which is totally optional) you can donate BTC to my address at: 1F1mYp5Gf3HXJh1k5b3gkAGha3pyfpLDNk

- Specifications -
 - Ticker: IRD
 - Low 25,000,000 total coin supply, differentiating from the other CryptoNight coins with over 100 billion coins in total supply.
 - Block-by-block difficulty adjustments to ensure transactions are always confirmed within 3 minutes.
 - Difficulty target is exactly 175 seconds.
 - High emission rate, with 18,750,000 coins being rewarded in the first year. This is to incentivize mining and coin growth.
 - Bounties will be used to promote decentralized development of the coin.
 - 20 Block Confirmation Maturity
 - Community-driven development, many suggestions made by community members will be developed.

Roadmap (v1.2)
Project daemons and simple-wallet. - completed
GUI Wallet for Linux - completed
GUI Wallet for Windows - completed
Mining Pools - completed - 200 IRD per pool
Block Explorer - completed
Fix transaction limits and wallet GUI - completed
Official Website - not completed, (but special thanks to alamin99 for the domain name: iridium.cc)
Official Whitepaper. -not completed.
Add to exchanges, to allow IDR to be traded and to establish an initial price. -not completed
Add to CoinMarketCap. -need exchange first
Tor backed nodes for improved anonymity. - not completed.
Iridium Web Wallet - not completed.

(NEW) Downloads:
NEW Windows V3 GUI Wallet: https://github.com/iridiumdev/iridium-gui/releases/tag/v2.0.1
NEW Linux V3 Daemon: https://github.com/iridiumdev/iridium/releases/download/v3.0.0/iridiumd

VirusTotal Scan for Windows Wallet: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/7bdcdf96821c0aeb247655af0912f703773a3270f6f73853b7bfc5a7e58ac06f/detection

Source Code:
Iridium V3 Source Code: https://github.com/iridiumdev/iridium
V3 GUI Wallet Source: https://github.com/iridiumdev/iridium-gui

GPU Miners:
NVIDIA - CCMiner GPU Miner: https://github.com/iridiumdev/iridium-gpu-miner/releases/tag/v1.0.0
AMD - Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner: https://mega.co.nz/#F!e4JVEAIJ!l1iF4z10fMyJzY5-LnyC2A - make sure to set -allpools 1 in the config file!

Before you choose what pool to mine on, make sure to check the hashrates of each pool and try to spread hashing power evenly between each pool to keep blocks decentralized.

Pools:
https://mine77.net/ - 0% fee!
http://irdpool .tk (remove the space between the . and the tk) - 0% fee!
http://ird.globalpool.cc/ - 0% fee until September 30th!

Any suggestions for improvement will be taken on board, and any development done by someone other than myself will be rewarded with a bounty. I want this currency to be as open-source as possible to maintain decentralized development.

I will also update this all to be nice and pretty when I am allowed to post images, so don't worry about the lack of anything good looking at the moment. Feel free to ask any questions below, whether it be you'd like to help with the development of the coin, or have some suggestions or criticisms below.

Mining Nvidia Guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zXnuykots - thanks to Cryptkeeper Smiley

Windows Wallet Guide:
Your wallet is stored at: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Iridium
Access this folder by typing %appdata% in windows, then going to Iridium Dictionary
To import an old simplewallet file, drag your .wallet file from simplewallet and rename it to Iridiumwallet.wallet .
If you want to generate a new wallet just run the Iridium-qt.exe in it's folder and it should generate a new wallet or load the existing wallet in the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Iridium dictionary.

This new presentation is very smart !
 Thx for this coin, I'm really proud to mine and support it !
Vegan97

Activity: 378

Short BTC at: https://www.bitmex.com/register/spz2

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 09:20:53 AM

That website name is a bit fishy (iridium.cash). Can you change that cash part?

────────  Catholic Coin  ──────── ❤  
DECENTRALIZED CHARITY & NON-PROFIT PLATFORM
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread ⬝  Bounty ⬝  Donate  ──────── ❤  Join token Pre-ICO
iridiumdev (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 10:00:10 AM

I've already bought the domain so I can't haha
pinball_wizard

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:39:52 AM

No problem for site name...for me it's ok...just finish it...

Please consider also coinexchange.io for start....many thinks it's less scammy than Yobit...I think it's cheaper than topia

Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
hmfundInD

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:46:33 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 11:15:09 AM by hmfundInD

The site needs serious work! it looks like it belongs to the other iridium coin that has its own thread here. Nowhere on the page is the cyptonight algo,  or any of its benefits such as fungibility and anon transactions is mentioned on the site. This coin has the potential to be a cryptonight version of unobtanium because of its low supply, but no one will know that if they have to look beyond the site to find out.  Some on this thread are more concerned with getting this coin on an exchange to sell for cents when they could be getting $, if we put a bit more effort in promoting the real value of this coin.

Edit: inb4 any of u start hating on my post instead of viewing the site yourself, here is a link to the thread for the other iridium coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2152401.0 . Im in no way criticizing anyone but mearly stressing that we cant hide the best features of this coin or rush a coin to an exchange when the site is about another coin that was designed for a different purpose and uses a different algo (x11). It makes it look like the community is not serious about the project and if thats the case, then we're just wasting time, resources and the potential of this coin which would be SAD
Windozxpert

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:12:09 AM

You didn't want to spend the $12,000 for Iridium.cc ? lol I don't blame you.  Iridiumtech.cc is available for cheap..

Windozxpert

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:16:55 AM

The site needs serious work! it looks like it belongs to the other iridium coin that has its own thread here. Nowhere on the page is the cyptonight algo,  or any of its benefits such as fungibility and anon transactions is mentioned on the site. This coin has the potential to be a cryptonight version of unobtanium because of its low supply, but no one will know that if they have to look beyond the site to find out.  Some on this thread are more concerned with getting this coin on an exchange to sell for cents when they could be getting $, if we put a bit more effort in promoting the real value of this coin.

Edit: inb4 any of u start hating on my post instead of viewing the site yourself, here is a link to the thread for the other iridium coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2152401.0 . Im in no way criticizing anyone but mearly stressing that we cant hide the best features of this coin or rush a coin to an exchange when the site is about another coin that was designed for a different purpose and uses a different algo (x11). It makes it look like the community is not serious about the project and if thats the case, then we're just wasting time, resources and the potential of the coin which would be SAD

Excellent point and I totally agree. I scroll through the announcements daily and I didn't notice the x11 version. In order to be the "better" Iridium coin, a lot of effort has to be made to stand out. How did you get ownership of the site for iridium.cash? It is obviously for the x11 version. Are you also the creator of the x11 version?

pinball_wizard

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:46:35 AM

Edit: inb4 any of u start hating on my post instead of viewing the site yourself, here is a link to the thread for the other iridium coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2152401.0 . Im in no way criticizing anyone but mearly stressing that we cant hide the best features of this coin or rush a coin to an exchange when the site is about another coin that was designed for a different purpose and uses a different algo (x11). It makes it look like the community is not serious about the project and if thats the case, then we're just wasting time, resources and the potential of this coin which would be SAD

Good point dude! Think that nobody here thinks that we have to improve site and whitepaper, personally I'm ready to send back some iridium to dev if he get a better domain...anyway I know too that with a shitful of coins around it's difficult to have some point of difference from the others....think to sigt that has nothing particular but get some pump simple for being a miner coin...

iridiumdev (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:22:39 PM

Edit: inb4 any of u start hating on my post instead of viewing the site yourself, here is a link to the thread for the other iridium coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2152401.0 . Im in no way criticizing anyone but mearly stressing that we cant hide the best features of this coin or rush a coin to an exchange when the site is about another coin that was designed for a different purpose and uses a different algo (x11). It makes it look like the community is not serious about the project and if thats the case, then we're just wasting time, resources and the potential of the coin which would be SAD

Excellent point and I totally agree. I scroll through the announcements daily and I didn't notice the x11 version. In order to be the "better" Iridium coin, a lot of effort has to be made to stand out. How did you get ownership of the site for iridium.cash? It is obviously for the x11 version. Are you also the creator of the x11 version?

Guys guys guys!
The domain is not iridium.cash
it's IRD.CASH

The website says there is a 50% premine guys! Come on and open your eyes, it's not for our project haha. I will let you all know when I'm done developing ird.cash so you all know the right domain.
I don't own that website haha don't worry Smiley
Windozxpert

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:35:20 PM

Guys guys guys!
The domain is not iridium.cash
it's IRD.CASH

The website says there is a 50% premine guys! Come on and open your eyes, it's not for our project haha. I will let you all know when I'm done developing ird.cash so you all know the right domain.
I don't own that website haha don't worry Smiley

Oh, ok. I misread it.

mrmiroslav

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:26:02 PM

iridiumdev, why is the donat wallet empty? you can say "hey people I need to spend a bit of btc on something"? but you put us stupid before the fact, there is no money in your wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: