Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17256 times)
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:48:58 AM

Altcoins depend on ethereum and bitcoins mainly as they are the currencies for which most altcoins trade and a slight dump too makes the price drop. See CDT price now which is 0.04 when it was 0.2 few days back and same goes for other altcoins like Mybit, PPT that are suffering now even when the price is above $200 for ETH and above $4000 for bTC. If bitcoin prices reduce to half, many coins would be valued below 1 cent.

This is true and we see this trend yesterday when The People's Bank of China which is the central bank of Chine put the ban on ICO and its funding in China the price of bitcoin drop 5% and ETH price drop by 12% but others altcoin prices drop to nearly 20%.
Bitcoin is like the foundation of everything altcoin, whatever happensto the bitcoin platform affects others as well. Bitcoin shows how reliable a crypto currency can be, so if it does tomorrow, then other crypto currencies are dying too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gulshan1

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 12:25:44 PM

yes this true if bitcoin dies altcoin will also die because every coin is trading against the bitcoin buy or selling. some altcoin are buyin or selling against some other currency like ethereum, litecoin,doge coin etc but these coin are also trading on bitcoin base.so, bitcoin is the mother of all altcoin in the market.but i don't think so bitcoin can't die because this is main power of digital cryptocurrrency market which is increasing day by day. and digital currency is future of money without it nothing is impossible.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:27:01 PM

I don't think the altcoins are mainly related to bitcoins beside the fact that most of the altcoins are being traded against bitcoin.

I guess it would impact the price and make a damage to most of  the altcoins in price terms, but the coins would still work and the blockchains would still exist.
nkarm1

Activity: 306

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:29:28 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

From my own point of view, assuming that bitcoin died and it is totally a waste. For sure all altcoins will be affected and their market value will crashed all the way to the bottom. But there will always be a hope for sure. Because technically, those altcoins are still functioning unlike the assumed dead bitcoin. For sure one will take place, because the major players as well as all micro players will be looking for an alternative. And that altenative for sure will be the second trusted crypto.
wellsontheja

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:46:35 PM

I'm not really sure for what will happen, but i think no I guess that's the chance for another coin to pursue the bitcoin success that ever happened, but it also depends the reason why bitcoin die.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:13:04 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

not like what you say.
they are cycles, just like us humans. regenerate.
as well as crypto, there's always something new, and there's always a sink.
I do not agree with dead bitcoin and altcoin too die.
that's very unlikely. there are always those who look forward to being the most popular.
but I think what you say is very difficult to happen. because we know the bitcoin is getting top every day.
bluEbluRE

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:15:42 PM

Throughout history currencies were never killed by users, only authorities that published them were ever able to kill them. There is no such authority for Bitcoin.
bustomi

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:22:40 PM

I don't think so, becaise btc have different platforms than ethereum, if bitcoin die, maybe only bcc join to disappear, but not altcoin..
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:25:14 PM

I'm not imagining that bitcoin will die. I'm imagining more of bitcoin's exaggerated price that's being given and speculated by the industry experts. But if ever this happens, there will be a replacement and there's an alt coin that will be taking over bitcoin's position and it's very possible to happen. Well let's don't think about this thing, better to see bitcoin's promising future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:31:49 PM

Why do you imagine this?
you do a dangerous delusion, I justify that this can happen but not at this time. we know that to be on top of bitcoin takes several years of travel. I'm not sure that bicoin will die or disappear very quickly.
If btc is lost or dead then altcoin will be very expensive, that's just a stupid prediction.
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:33:55 PM

If bitcoin dies, some other altcoins will survive as the underlying blockchain technology will not die...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
migolmigol

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:55:24 PM

I think not, if Bitcoin die altcoin could actually grow because this means people are looking for other investments or substitute and altcoin is one of the options.

Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:56:55 PM

More like another altcoin takes it place and becomes the main crypto.
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:59:15 PM

If bitcoins die naturally at the same time the collapse of altcoins. Because many of them are connected through bitcoins but we have things to know that one here is how to die. The death has been banned by the government while it is still in use but the purchase is so intense and difficult to affect other altcoins as the main purchase here is the bitcoins. So we see that when the bitcoins have fallen together with the fall of altcoins.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:19:19 PM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
This is a perfect answer. But I think the closest reason bitcoin could die between the two is the banning of bitcoin and altcoins by the government which is also not that possible. If it happens, then it wil be the end of cryptocurrency.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:45:55 PM

I think not, bitcoin dies out of competition with altcoin, from thousands of altcoins I'm sure someday someone can beat bitcoin. what are the deficiencies and weaknesses of bitcoin can be utilized altcoin to be the best.
dwieyani

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:52:39 PM

I would not think bitcoin would die that fast, but I was thinking how long would bitcoin give me a surprising thing?
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:22:50 PM

In my personal opinion, if bitcoin dies, altcoin would probably die too because bitcoin and altcoin are almost the same or they have a connection to each other. It can be also depend in some situations like some coin will survive if bitcoin dies because some says altcoin will defeat bitcoin if the government started to ban bitcoin.
Bagong91

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:26:08 PM

if bitcoin is not used gain in the future it can be ascertained altcoin would be of no use hopefully it will never happen in the future.

●     ►     ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯     ◄     ●
█    Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games    █
Facebook         |         Twitter         |         Telegram         |         LinkedIn         |         Github         |         Discord         |         Medium         |         Reddit
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:30:00 PM

If bitcoin dies,then the altcoins which are valued in bitcoin value would suffer a serious threat.Their valuing has to be changed to be valued in USD.If  bitcoin dies,people would start switching to other popular altcoins.But definitely,the reputation of crypto currencies would get damaged as a whole and people would definitely fear that if bitcoin itself could die,then altcoins could also die.It would definitely decrease the interest of people to invest in crypto currencies which would surely make banks and governments happy who are waiting for this opportunity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: