Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:22:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17256 times)
deddod (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:45:30 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:58:24 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:02:46 AM

I only think of a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. But if the government have dofferent views otherwise then Bitcoin and other altcoins will die together because Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency in terms of market share, and other are only trading altcoins to earn Bitcoin in the process.
deddod (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:15:55 AM

It might depend on the reason why Bitcoin can die. In case when the death is due to total ban of Bitcoin as done by all governments or regimes then there is a possibility that Bitcoin death can also mean the death of altcoins. Now, if the reason can be other than that or it is within Bitcoin like losing the appeal from the market then there is a possibility that another coin can rise up to take the vacuum of leadership.
Thank you for your answers.
I also think if bitcoin dies because of loss of attraction and consumers. ETH will take over Bitcoin because we know that ETH is the most popular after Bitcoin. how do you think about that?

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀

██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

RayvenPierre

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:18:10 AM

I only think of a limited scenarios in which Altcoins won't die along with Bitcoin and that is when all Bitcoin holders have migrated or shift into the next big cryptocurrency available, but that is of only Bitcoin failed by itself. But if the government have dofferent views otherwise then Bitcoin and other altcoins will die together because Bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency in terms of market share, and other are only trading altcoins to earn Bitcoin in the process.
This is true because if bitcoin falls, bitcoin users might jump on the next big altcoin there is. And also altcoins dont have the same developers so its really hard to see all of the altcoins dying and disappearing. A new altcoin will surely rise if bitcoin falls.

Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:31:28 AM

most altcoin exchanges are for bitcoin. but that does not mean altcoin fate is determined by bitcoin.
i think if Bitcoin dies, maybe one of the altcoins will be made king, because investors still need criptocurrenccy as an investment asset

TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:31:51 AM

I think that altcoins usually reflect the price of Bitcoin. When Bitcoin is down then typically the altcoins are down. When Bitcoin is up then typically the altcoins are up. If Bitcoin collapses then all the altcoins will probably collapse as well. The only circumstance where I don't see this happening is if another cryptocurrency rises to the top and Bitcoin falls apart. That new cryptocurrency would act as the new benchmark for all the other cryptocurrencies. In this case, altcoins may be affected in the short term, but would continue on their way as if nothing happened.

deddod (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:32:47 AM

This is true because if bitcoin falls, bitcoin users might jump on the next big altcoin there is. And also altcoins dont have the same developers so its really hard to see all of the altcoins dying and disappearing. A new altcoin will surely rise if bitcoin falls.
What if the new altcoin you are talking about is ETH? is that possible?
as I said in the post above that ETH ranks second most popular coins today.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀

██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:38:56 AM

Not necessarily. But the things is if BTC dies then altcoins can't be called 'altcoins' anymore. So I guess the term 'altcoins' will die with bitcoin, but the individual cryptos won't necessarily die with it. And anyways thus is just hypothetical, BTC will never really die it will continue to be used in one form or another.
Zalfa_mui

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:10:27 AM

what is the reason that makes bitcoin die ?
, all depends on the reason ,,
even if death will not affect altcoin, but it will never happen and don't imagine it,
 we know bitcoin is getting popular and all countries accept bitcoin,

LesterD

Activity: 665
Merit: 114

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:57:11 PM

i dont think so, i dont know if bitcoin will die in the future, but i think its not. because bitcoin is money, money is all we need, and we use money in everything we do in life. so without bitcoin how are we supposed to do transactions online? aside from credit cards.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
romecheo

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:29:59 PM

I don't think so, even Bitcoin die for some reason, altcoin may probably continue evolving, since every crypto currencies are having there own special purpose.

nonetheless, I could simply say, that what we continue witnesses with Bitcoin value and feature, dying of Bitcoin was too far to happen.  

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:52:43 PM

I think if bitcoin dies, the technology behind it, will certainly have another purpose, which already happens with other altcoins in their different characteristics. I can not see things like that. Even in the worst of scenarios, i think bitcoin can undergo an evolution but not an interruption.

Regards.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:59:05 PM

I don't think so, even Bitcoin die for some reason, altcoin may probably continue evolving, since every crypto currencies are having there own special purpose.

nonetheless, I could simply say, that what we continue witnesses with Bitcoin value and feature, dying of Bitcoin was too far to happen.  

I totally agree, besides every crypto have their own purpose,they also have a value plus than bitcoin, And that was enough reasons why they should still survive. But there's no need to discuss about a bitcoin end, while I think you're right too, we'll not seeing it happen.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:03:46 PM

Nope. There are enough alts trying to do completely different things. Many shouldn't be considered currencies or stores of value at all despite having a price tag attached to them.

The one thing that would be disruptive with a dead Bitcoin would be the markets. I don't know what the gateway currency or prime trading pair would become. It would be figured out in time though.

If Bitcoin was discarded by way of its trust being destroyed, either forking into oblivion or dilution or corporate hijacking, I'm not sure that sets a healthy precedent for any other alt though. If it could happen to BTC it could happen to anything. That might undermine confidence in the entire space.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:07:37 PM

That depends on what kind of death it will take. As it was said by the first member to comment on it. If the death penalty is widespread, all the governments of different countries may fall because they can not be replaced by fiat moneys. But if death is due to the stolen details of bitcoins and whatsoever it can replace it with other altcoins. And be the next bitcoins.
nightwishx

Activity: 900
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:08:39 PM

I do not think so. I think if the bitcoin dies, then there will be another coin that replaces it. the coin is better than bitcoin and more accepted by the crowd than bitcoin. but I hope bitcoin will last a long time.

IamHigh

Activity: 170

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:09:25 PM

If a specific bitcoin bug causes die, this won't kill other altcoins. But, as you told if governments ban bitcoin completely, this will also be the end of altcoins. People stop buying the illegal things.
feiss

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:23:41 PM

Bitcoin is very independent on its own way. Altcoins will end in bitcoin exchange and all remittances only accept bitcoin. Altcoin can live forever but it would be useless forever. Bitcoin is much important and useful other than coins like ethereum.

affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:28:21 PM

I consider bitcoin as the root of a large tree, and altcoin is a branch of a tree. what will happen to the branch when the roots die? Then the twigs will slowly begin to dry and eventually die as well. Bitcoin is now a necessity. Altcoin could have died but bitcoin will still exist, and meet the needs of its users, bitcoin will die if the market dies.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: