Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17256 times)
EllaPonchik

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

Dream of the Great

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:40:13 PM

It all depends on what time bitcoin will die. Now it will obviously affect, but if another crypto currency will bypass it, then it is unlikely that it will affect the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:49:02 PM

Anything that affect the Bitcoin either positively or negatively affect all other altcoin same way. If BTC is decimated then that will be the end of cryptocurrency. All the other alt currencies is either trying to be like Bitcoin or working to equal Bitcoin.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:50:49 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

I don't think if bitcoin dies the rest of the family will also die because some of the Altcoins have different features, advantages and anonymity implementation than bitcoin. Some coins categorize themselves as currency and some as an asset. So, you see because of that they don't serve the same purpose they both have their ways if you know what I mean. Bitcoin is like the father of the family and you know when the father dies the children will grow they won't die too Grin
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:02:01 PM

I don't believe that. Bitcoin is the mother for sure but when children is strong enough to survive from other hunters, even if mother does some of the kids survives. that's the law.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:24:35 PM

It all depends on what time bitcoin will die. Now it will obviously affect, but if another crypto currency will bypass it, then it is unlikely that it will affect the market.
I think that wouldn't happen because if we talk about death then what we mean about it is its existence is at stake. I mean, you are accusing that Bitcoin will vanish eventually and would not make an appearance whatsoever. But the thing is it will always exist, it will not die, but only it will have its down side, I mean eventually an Altcoin will have to surpass the Bitcoin itself. For now it has its momentum as the number spot but that wouldn't stay as that in a very long time. Well it may last just like what dollars would be, but then again as I've said we can't say the future of it all.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:25:05 AM

Don't have defenitely answer for this questions, however, to my mind it is the same if usd will die, i think aother fiat money eill exist.
PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:29:20 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
If bitcoin dies, i though it will be replace with an altcoin like ethereum and all of the altcoin will be excange to ethereum. It will be replace with altcoin that will call new bitcoin.
NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:35:33 AM

It is possible that altcoins may also lived even with bitcoin dead. If the death of bitcoin is based on its software development then altcoins based on ethereum or other cryptos may lived independently. But if bitcoins death is because of government regulations, then no crypto can survive.

CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:39:28 AM

It is possible that altcoins may also lived even with bitcoin dead. If the death of bitcoin is based on its software development then altcoins based on ethereum or other cryptos may lived independently. But if bitcoins death is because of government regulations, then no crypto can survive.

Death of bitcoin because of some software errors is definitely impossible, there are a lot of developers that help developing this digital currencies, there are a lot also of people aending some BIPs for some minor solution. If bitcoin die, it will be because of the users realizing that this digital currency is not good enough and they found new digital currencies to replace bitcoin based in how they use it. Still, no altcoin will be affected by it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:43:46 AM

Much Bitcoin's success this year is due to altcoin growth. BTC is losing market share rapidly. It hitched a ride on the Ethereum boom due to trading pairs. Once BTC is not the primary trading pair, altcoins and BTC will move independently. That means no more momentum from hitching on other coins as well.

coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 05:49:17 AM

Most probably not all altcoins would suffer the same fate as BTC if it dies, as you put it. Yes BTC is the basis but I don’t think it dictates the stability of all other coins. There are coins now which are quite stable and could actually be the next BTC. But one thing’s for sure, BTC is here to stay for a long time and  it would not be accurate to speculate that it would disappear some time soon..

Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:55:24 AM

i dont think like that, bitcoin have his own network, and other bitcoin having his network too.
maybe other cryptocoin (altcoin), will running his network, still strong, but i dont know about rate or price.

andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:02:44 AM

Probably yes, we can see that when bitcoin price fall, then almost all altcoin will also fall. By inspection we could think that it's possible that altcoin will gone when the time come that bitcoin's gone.
Zrs

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:15:42 AM

bitcoin is the most popular crypto coin.Lots of coin are related to it.If bitcoin banned but other coin don't, then there will be not huge problm as one of alt coin will become popular.but if bitcoin banned world wide by government then I think other alt coin will be affected.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:17:29 AM

there is a linear relationship between Bitcoin and altcoin, I believe that Bitcoin will not die but in case of this thing happen then it will be difficult to stay in the market for the altcoin. because Bitcoin has established a credible platform in this segment if Bitcoin will lose this credibility then other altcoins will not get an opportunity to do well in the market. because people will not be interested to be involved in this sector.
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:32:04 AM

It would be a huge credibility loss for crypto currencies in general.  No doubt would all alts be affected.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:36:45 AM

Possibly. It will affect other altcoins because people will see crytocurrencies useless  because bitcoin is the reason that makes them interesting.
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:45:54 AM

Well i guess so, Because considering bitcoin is the earliest appearing than Altcoins and it can be said to be the leader of all Altcoins from its value, maybe if bitcoin die.. Altcoins as well will die. But i don't think at all that all crypto currencies will die, i think they will continues to exist until the future and continues to developing even more great that can compete with a fiat currency.

lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:29:01 AM

Actually, bitcoin is really expensive now and it will expensive more in the near future. And we cannot stop the rising value of bitcoin , but it doesn't mean altcoin will going to die of course not. There are some still altcoin might survive in the future which means those altcoin has also a good a better future.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:28:17 PM

hope we make the future may altcoin still exist so that the economy is stable for the future
Bitcoin value changes do lay an impact on the altcoins and we all can see the way eth, waves etc wavered a few days ago when there was a chaos everywhere. But to say that altcoins will also die with the death of bitcoins is not correct indeed. Above all, bitcoins will never die so our investments are safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: