Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:35:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17256 times)
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:51:37 AM

The blockchain will exist in some form, either Bitcoin or another altcoin. Hard to believe Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin will fade to obscurity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:26:33 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

I think it's possible, although there are a lot of good alternatives in the market, but bitcoin is the first one and almost all altcoins depend on Bitcoin for it's value, the majority of altcoins will be useless once Bitcoin dies.
If Bitcoin will die in someday, it needs have a reason for make that future become the truth. Honestly, that reason will make the cryptocurrency world die too. I cannot imagine some reasons make Bitcoin dies, only have goverment ban all cryptocurrency and do not accept crypto world.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Flomo

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 07:03:14 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

I think it's possible, although there are a lot of good alternatives in the market, but bitcoin is the first one and almost all altcoins depend on Bitcoin for it's value, the majority of altcoins will be useless once Bitcoin dies.
If Bitcoin will die in someday, it needs have a reason for make that future become the truth. Honestly, that reason will make the cryptocurrency world die too. I cannot imagine some reasons make Bitcoin dies, only have goverment ban all cryptocurrency and do not accept crypto world.

I agree, that if bitcoin die then altcoin will also die. we know bitcoin is the parent in cryptocurrency, all prefer the bitcoin to it and any exchange.
Bit_rent

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:08:33 AM

I mean Bitcoin is like a parental spieces and altcoins are like kids, but you know - sometimes, kids can devour their parents. You will never know, what can bring us future in the cryptocurrency sector.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:00:39 AM

Honestly, I don't think so. Bitcoin is the pioneer yet it doesn't mean that a lot of people will just settle for bitcoin , Alt coins are Alternative therefore, we cannot conclude what will happen in the future, as of now the death of a certain coin is unpredictable, Still bitcoin has a strong support from the community. Death is far away from Bitcoin's progress, we should be hopeful.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:53:51 AM

Honestly, I don't think so. Bitcoin is the pioneer yet it doesn't mean that a lot of people will just settle for bitcoin , Alt coins are Alternative therefore, we cannot conclude what will happen in the future, as of now the death of a certain coin is unpredictable, Still bitcoin has a strong support from the community. Death is far away from Bitcoin's progress, we should be hopeful.

What ever happens to bitcoin happens in all altcoins, bitcoin is the fundamental of all of them and the falling down of it might destroy their demand because investors will think that all of them might fail. Only investors decide for them if the investors deny them then there is no reason for it to still exist.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

TanyaDegurechaff

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:00:25 AM

well i think it depends how how will  it end up. for example if bitcoin dies to un avoidable reason (maybe just maybe) age or tremendous loss of value. I think altcoins will still be there, but if bitcoin suddenly dies because of fraud, stealing of funds, international level of crime involving it. then people will have trust issues regarding crypto currencies that will surely affect the alcoints.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
Gusfall

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:03:07 AM

Not in this century I think..
Bitcoin just started a cryptocurrency and maybe become mainstream..
Kocret02

Activity: 1120

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:17:23 AM

it all depends on where bitcoin can die, if bitcoin dies maybe for bad reason maybe altcoin will also die.
but for now it seems very impossible if bitcoin to death, because currently bitcoin is still a favorite coin that will certainly continue to life.

suryati

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:27:27 AM

I think if bitcoin dies there will be a popular altcoin like bitcoin that will replace bitcoin, because I think all developers from altcoin will try to keep their coins to exist in crypto world, so I think for the next 3 years this will not happen because bitcoin still the best in crypto currency.  Grin
Michael_Gims

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:26:12 PM

I think neither will die, because they are decentralized systems, with many nodes, and because internet is everywhere now.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:10:25 PM

I think neither will die, because they are decentralized systems, with many nodes, and because internet is everywhere now.

Exactly, but considering this scenario hypothetically I don't think Altcoins are going to completely be dead should Bitcoin happen to die unless there is no internet in the world else whatsoever that killed Bitcoin will be corrected by new and emerging Altcoins.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:22:00 PM

They may not die, but they can become close to worthless. Look at the crypto-currencies such as Quark, Freicoin, Terracoin, and Labcoin now. They are almost worthless right now.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:44:38 PM

Exactly, but considering this scenario hypothetically I don't think Altcoins are going to completely be dead should Bitcoin happen to die unless there is no internet in the world else whatsoever that killed Bitcoin will be corrected by new and emerging Altcoins.

Ya some what right. No one can replace the bitcoin. Bitcoin is the king of all altcoin. So if all the Altcoin die means,the bitcoin will be long lasting. If you have a idea to inverse in altcoin means,just inverse in bitcoin instead of other Altcoin. Why because, the king only give you very huge return.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 06:48:57 PM

If Bitcoin dies due to a problem with bitcoin itself, other big coins like Ethereum or LTC will most likely continue. There are several exchanges who have base markets of those, and some people will shift to them. Of course, it would be a big down for altcoin market, and perhaps cryptocurrencies will always remain in the shadow and only used by a few if that thing happened.

pambud

Activity: 360

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:52:02 PM

I don't think Altcoins will die if Bitcoin dies. From the name itself, it is an alternative coin. So if bitcoin will be long gone, we can still use Altcoins. If bitcoin actually dies, then there's a great possibility that Altcoins will rise. Demands on Altcoins will surely increase. People will have no choice to use Altcoins.

If bitcoin die not that mean all altcoin will go , ok bitcoin all this time as sort of referral  other cryptocoin , there will come other coin replace bitcoin , let say maybe Ethereum.
epinay

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:03:43 PM

It is likely possible
All crypto live thanks to BTC and if it dies so altcoins die too
EddieNigma

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:03:47 PM

No- if Bitcoin somehow fails that doesn't necessarily mean that other Cryptos can't continue to exist. Unless whatever killed Bitcoin was something fundamental to Crypto that also kills the other coins along with it.
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 07:06:08 PM

Thats a good question, I have thought the same before its pretty interesting and I think the only way to really know is for Bitcoin to die. But my thoughts are that if Bitcoin does die then so will any altcoins unless that altcoin already has a high price and also has something unique about it that wont just make it a "altcoin" with a name that works like bitcoin does.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:11:20 PM

I think if bitcoin dies there will be a popular altcoin like bitcoin that will replace bitcoin, because I think all developers from altcoin will try to keep their coins to exist in crypto world, so I think for the next 3 years this will not happen because bitcoin still the best in crypto currency.  Grin
I guess that Bitcoin is like the foundation of everything altcoin, whatever happens to the bitcoin platform affects others as well. Bitcoin shows how reliable a crypto currency can be, so if it does tomorrow, then other crypto currencies are dying too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: