Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:59:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17261 times)
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:44:46 PM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley

The reason why altcoins are created is to compete with bitcoins and because of that, there's a huge chain reaction that happened in the market, the competition become even tighter and the good outcome is that, bitcoins value is increasing further more so expect the bright future for cryptocurrency in the market and invest today.
Honestly, at current, Altcoin is just a factor to increases the price of Bitcoin. Do you know any altcoin can against the bearish of Bitcoin in past weeks? The value of Bitcoin dumped to $6,000 also made a lot of altcoins dumped 30-50% within one day, example NEO from $120 dumped to $60 and bounce to old price just within 48 hours.
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

Before, Bitcoin is more and more popular and many people know and believe Bitcoin so we can sure that bitcoin can never be die because it is our basic need and as a main priority for perform of the cryptocurrencies world. But if Bitcoin dies, altcoins will not die because Bitcoin was build base Blockchain technology and considered Blockchain 1.0, now many altcoins also use Blockchain technology even it's better than bitcoin, example: Ethereum considered Blockchain 2.0, Cardano considered blockchain 3.0. If bitcoin dies then it will be replaced by other altcoin which is better than.
bukikbarisan

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:11:42 AM

I think, altcoin usually reflects the price of Bitcoin. When Bitcoin drops then usually altcoin is down, When Bitcoin runs out, usually altcoin also runs out. If Bitcoin collapses then all altcoin might collapse as well. The only circumstance in which I did another cryptococcus rose to the top and Bitcoin fell apart. The new cryptocurrency will act as a new benchmark for all other cryptoes. In this case, altcoin may be affected in the very near term.
Alfarizi

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:18:58 AM

it can happen because all altcoin exchanges tend to bitcoin while bitcoin is very popular and expensive coin if bitcoin die then all altcoin will not mean and will go die
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:58:48 PM

Before, Bitcoin is more and more popular and many people know and believe Bitcoin so we can sure that bitcoin can never be die because it is our basic need and as a main priority for perform of the cryptocurrencies world. But if Bitcoin dies, altcoins will not die because Bitcoin was build base Blockchain technology and considered Blockchain 1.0, now many altcoins also use Blockchain technology even it's better than bitcoin, example: Ethereum considered Blockchain 2.0, Cardano considered blockchain 3.0. If bitcoin dies then it will be replaced by other altcoin which is better than.
Yes, the Bitcoin technology has used by altcoin and Bitcoin still exist or will be die is not important for the growth of cryptocurrency world. However, at that time, I believe the panic seller will make the cryptocurrency value decrease too much. Because most of the people thought Bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrencies, if it died, other cryptocurrencies will be also die.
compro01

Activity: 590

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:09:56 AM

If bitcoin die then that would be a chance for another alt to dominate. Cryptocurrency is already in people's system and had been already become more of an investment rather than mop which it supposed to be so if bitcoin is gone people would certainly look for aother high potential coin that could be the next bitcoin of time.
falapella

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:42:27 AM

I'm not think if the dead bitcoin money will be followed by the death of altcoin, it could be another coin that plays a role as a center of trading because of the possibilities that could happen in cryptocurrency, but of course the bitcoin's death will have an impact on trading in altcoin exchanges. These are my thoughts.
genset88

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:08:39 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
There are a lot of currencies that are interconnected, but most of the price fluctuations are not related to demand. Bitcoin currencies are now believed to have a platform for future growth. It, other currencies such as Ethereum also pursue Bitcoin in the market very close.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Satish147

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:09:52 AM

In my view this situation never happens because stopping bitcoin means stopping internet.

And the scenario when we think about bitcoin dies then still there is possibility to survive the altcoins because every cryptocurrency coming based on blockchain technology.

Umkar

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:27:41 AM

Each digital coin can exist separately from other crypto-currencies. Therefore, if bitcoin suddenly disappears (which can not be in principle), the rest of the crypto currency will be able to continue to grow and develop. Due to the fact that there is a lot of crypto currency now, and bitcoin was the most famous among the crypto currency, historically, that when exchanging for fiat, bitcoin is used as an intermediate transitional exchange. However, its role in this can be performed by any known coin, for example ethereum, litecoin or something else.
parendshorst

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:43:42 PM

Yes, if Bitcoin dies , Altcoins will have a big opportunities to be dead with it. Because like the lending coin, when BCC dies they turn their back to all the MLM projects, so it will be the same if Bitcoin dies.
dyablo

Activity: 191

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:00:55 PM

Bitcoin is the king of all cryptocurrency. Altcoins uses bitcoin to convert into cash, and altcoins are bought with bitcoin. They both need each other, so if bitcoin dies,altcoins will die too.
Gondwanaland

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:04:36 PM

Yes, if bitcoin die the altcoin will be die also. Bitcoin is the major and the prior in all of the cryptocurrency so if bitcoin will rise up and then the other crypto currencies will rise up too and vice versa. in addition bitcoin and altcoins are interconnected to each other.

RATEONIUM              Twitter       Telegram     Reddit   
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██ SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic ██  ██
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:13:59 PM

again like many similar questions, it depends on the cause of death Wink

bitcoin won't die out of nowhere obviously. so there should have been a reason in your hypothetical scenario. what was it?
was it a bug? then by extension most altcoins will have the same issues and the faith in the rest will be lost too.
was it a political reason? like countries banning bitcoin (although that won't kill bitcoin). in that case they would do the same for altcoins too.

you see most reasons will be extended to altcoins too. it is cryptocurrency in general sometimes.
I think yes if Bitcoin die Altcoin will die too because bitcoin is the main currency of all of the altcoins, WIthout bitcoin you can't buy alternative coins so if bitcoin dies it will affect the alts too, Sometimes dumping of bitcoin can affect altcoins to rise more but if bitcoin dies it will affect alts too but in negative way, As now Both bitcoin and altcoins are on red stage means so many investors take away their money.
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:38:55 PM

Yes, if bitcoin die the altcoin will be die also. Bitcoin is the major and the prior in all of the cryptocurrency so if bitcoin will rise up and then the other crypto currencies will rise up too and vice versa. in addition bitcoin and altcoins are interconnected to each other.
Wrong, if Bitcoin die, altcoin will not be die, because Bitcoin and Altcoin are not related, just by the investor thought both are related. The fact, altcoin just used the knowledge about blockchain they got from Bitcoin source code. Therefore, those who are the developers of altcoin can use and improve this code, depend on their skills.
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:06:14 PM

It might really happen since bitcoin is the foundation of all cryptos but, it would still be the way for other altcoins to rise and become much more dependable and reliable one.
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:13:30 PM

Of course the market shows that Altkoins are heavily dependent on Bitcoin, but I think if there will not be a stir for the economy, then so will they depend on Bitcoin and on its falls and ups!
Davidbee

Activity: 98
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:18:20 PM

I don't think so. If bitcoin dies, this could lead to a collapse of the cryptocurrency market. Many altcoins also die together. But the altcoins still survive. But they can also be seriously affected.
golek upo

Activity: 214

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:36:00 PM

If the bitcoin dies (does not have a selling price) then of course crypto will lose the trust of the users crypto. This is just my opinion.

BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:44:26 PM

"Bitcoin death" would definitely cause a lot of damage to the cryptocurrency market but I don't that other coins would die that easily. Why would Bitcoin die in first place? Huge mistake in code? Lack of improvements? Altcoins are usually better than Bitcoin in terms of speed and new features but it is because they are small and the community quickly agrees to apply specific changes. In Bitcoin there are huge discussions whether or not certain solution is the best one and if there is another way to improve Bitcoin to make it faster.

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: