Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:23:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EventChain ⚡Solving Ticketing Problems on the Blockchain  (Read 48084 times)
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:09:38 PM

Whitepaper Page 9
EventChain  will  have  an  integrated  ticket  resale  reputation  system,  allowing  
event ticket vendors and resellers to build and grow their reputation as they sell
SmartTickets. Scalpers will be clearly identified by their SmartTicket reputation

On the one hand you want to stop blackmarket tickets, but there is still the option for resellers to sell on your marketplace. How do you regulate this? If someone for example buy one or two tickets for a great event which he can be sure it will be sold out after minutes and then could ask for double the price or something, will there be a regulation on your marketplace?
my guess is that either they won't allow tickets to be sold for a markup or there will be a limit placed on the percentage of mark up allowed.
Hello, noob question here, is that something called blackmarket?
i thought its normal and can be called investment.

Of course, you can also put it that way  Smiley. Actually, I don't have a problem with people who buy 2-3 tickets additionally to their own and resell them to earn a few Euros, but scalpers buying up all tickets and then resell them to the real fans for an outrageous price is imho almost criminal.
I think its like some whales investing in an ICO.
But if the scalpers bought the tickets in an abnormal way, like they're already cooperated with the seller, then it's something that's pretty bad.

FYI : i dont know anything about ticketing business before
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 05:17:19 PM

Whitepaper Page 9
EventChain  will  have  an  integrated  ticket  resale  reputation  system,  allowing  
event ticket vendors and resellers to build and grow their reputation as they sell
SmartTickets. Scalpers will be clearly identified by their SmartTicket reputation

On the one hand you want to stop blackmarket tickets, but there is still the option for resellers to sell on your marketplace. How do you regulate this? If someone for example buy one or two tickets for a great event which he can be sure it will be sold out after minutes and then could ask for double the price or something, will there be a regulation on your marketplace?
my guess is that either they won't allow tickets to be sold for a markup or there will be a limit placed on the percentage of mark up allowed.

Of course, you can also put it that way  Smiley. Actually, I don't have a problem with people who buy 2-3 tickets additionally to their own and resell them to earn a few Euros, but scalpers buying up all tickets and then resell them to the real fans for an outrageous price is imho almost criminal.
I think its like whales investing in an ICO.
But if the scalpers bought the tickets in an abnormal way, like they're already cooperated with the seller, then it's something that's pretty bad.

FYI : i dont know anything about ticketing business before

Yes if it were just individual buying extra 2 or 3 tickets, that wouldn't be an issue. But the common practice now is to have mega scalpers who buy out the entire tickets from top acts in just several minutes after it goes on sale. Then the same tickets are sold to real fans who never had the chance to fairly bid on a ticket. Such a practice needs to be regulated or better yet stopped. The reference artist is not making anything extra from the severe markups and the dedicated fans are been fleeced. When an event is organized, the targeted demographic aids in determining the price for the tickets and when the targeted demography can't afford the tickets due to mega scalpers then there is a problem with such system.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:22:20 PM

Secondary ticketing is not well seen by artists/musicians, it not generate more income for them, it's a just a thing for fuck up customers

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:37:54 PM

Whitepaper Page 9

No, we are talking about the (probably) regulated marketplace on their project. It's to keep people away from blackmarket and their horrific prices.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:52:26 PM

I tried the demo of the platform on : https://alpha.eventchain.io/

It's really easy to use, and there seems to be everything we need to organize an event.

Nice to see that there is a working product  Smiley
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:28:33 PM

It's really easy to use, and there seems to be everything we need to organize an event.

Have tried it too now. Hope the 10 Tickets per person for the Daft Punk concert isn't the real amount someone can buy, because it's a bit much for one person, isn't it?  Cheesy

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:05:40 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys! We are really heating up in the space with the ICO only 7 days away.

It's true that you're targeting America only? When I invest in an ICO I do it for long term and to eventually use tokens, if you're not targeting Europe also I'll have no interests Sad

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
tottong

Activity: 1274
Merit: 568

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:12:03 PM

SmartTicket platform is great idea to running this project. We expected this project willl be good im the future
Crowdsale starts 13th september and when will be end?  This crowdsale 1 month or 2 month?

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:26:59 PM

SmartTicket platform is great idea to running this project. We expected this project willl be good im the future
Crowdsale starts 13th september and when will be end?  This crowdsale 1 month or 2 month?

What I really like is the possibility to add the ticket purchasing interface of EventChain on an unlimited number of websites. So an overflooded ticket selling site when the sale starts is a thing of the past.
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:28:29 PM

Given the recent success of other actors within this space I think short term potential for eventchain has increased Smiley
hackis

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:36:09 PM

I have to say looking at the roadmap of this project it seems like it will be finished by Q2 2018, if the roadmap will be followed then it will be very good to have the platform finished so soon. Most ICO projects can take years before they even release their beta.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:47:32 PM

I have to say looking at the roadmap of this project it seems like it will be finished by Q2 2018, if the roadmap will be followed then it will be very good to have the platform finished so soon. Most ICO projects can take years before they even release their beta.
in this regard, the project looks promising, pleases that it is not long time need for the while when product will be ready and this service with the sale of tickets will always be actuality
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:02:04 PM

I think that their roadmp is very durable and price of Event Chain coin will skyrocket after the ICO. Maybe most important - no more fake tickets for your favourite shows!
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:18:32 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys! We are really heating up in the space with the ICO only 7 days away.

It's true that you're targeting America only? When I invest in an ICO I do it for long term and to eventually use tokens, if you're not targeting Europe also I'll have no interests Sad
I would also like it if you offer this service also in Europe. Think the market would be huge here.

Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:23:31 PM

I think that their roadmp is very durable and price of Event Chain coin will skyrocket after the ICO. Maybe most important - no more fake tickets for your favourite shows!

The project is long term, but once it gets settled, it will skyrocket, the ticket industry is a multimillion dollar, they could get allocation for concerts, and sell the tickets at normal price, and once some fans don't want their tickets, they could resell them, very fast, without fraud and scams, thanks to blockchain technology, this project has a lot of future, but remember that this is long term, don't expect to get profits so soon, it will take time to introduce the technology to the market, and for people to adopt the cryptocurrency, though it will be faster than other projects Cheesy, really to get tickets fast and cheap will get a lot of people into cryptos, that is good Cheesy.
VTCarter

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:47:59 PM

will give it a try then Smiley) thanks
VTCarter

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:49:40 PM

only America Huh
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:50:50 PM

I would also like it if you offer this service also in Europe. Think the market would be huge here.
Exactly, you should consider entering the european markets because here you won't have many competitors. This could significantly boost your revenue
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:08:23 PM

How old is your Chief Executive Officer, Ashton Addison? looks young and has a huge experience, talent. Roll Eyes
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:30:44 PM

The ticket industry is so huge. When eventchain will launch the Platform the value will go up very fast. With partnership eventchain can build a very good position for the platform on ticket market. America is a huge market to start in the ticket business, there is lot to do here, especially with high fees and black market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: