Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:37:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EventChain ⚡Solving Ticketing Problems on the Blockchain  (Read 48079 times)
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:24:06 AM

am very much happy about this project..i have had issues going for event due to high price of ticket and also dedliverytime...this project need to cut all those waiting time and also get us closer and bring us freedom to going for events
Yes, the ticket information (private key) will be sent through the internet, and then you can print it if you want.
But dont forget that you should keep it safe, it will be bad if the private key is stolen.
some kind of printing should be an option. When I go to a rock show where the floor seats Are removed and i know it's going to get rowdy,  i like to leave my phone in the car.

I'm sure printing of the tickets won't be a problem. In my country you still need printed ones at the entrance scanners.

The user can print the tickets at their convenience. That's what everybody does if someone only accepts hard copy of the ticket.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CHRISBIN702

Activity: 1120
Merit: 279

My blockchain can beat up your blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 06:32:47 AM

Here you can find the link to the recent Coin Interview with Eventchain.io https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmihjL9Hxzc

I think this is one of the strongest projects I have seen all year. Very excited about this project.

Steemit article with a Q&A here: https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@coininterview/ama-live-coin-interview-with-eventchain-io

Good luck to all the ICO participants Smiley

I'm going to agree with you there. Strong indeed. It has a well-known cryptocurrency YouTuber at the helm and he is tirelessly answering any question we can throw at him.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
Cauchy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:39:59 AM

am very much happy about this project..i have had issues going for event due to high price of ticket and also dedliverytime...this project need to cut all those waiting time and also get us closer and bring us freedom to going for events
Yes, the ticket information (private key) will be sent through the internet, and then you can print it if you want.
But dont forget that you should keep it safe, it will be bad if the private key is stolen.
some kind of printing should be an option. When I go to a rock show where the floor seats Are removed and i know it's going to get rowdy,  i like to leave my phone in the car.

I'm sure printing of the tickets won't be a problem. In my country you still need printed ones at the entrance scanners.

You are not able to scan QR code from mobile device?
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:22:18 AM

Everything will be there. Just wait for the beta. These are very simple things and Eventchain is solving much bigger problems.
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:26:49 AM

Everything will be there. Just wait for the beta. These are very simple things and Eventchain is solving much bigger problems.

I was thinking of the poster who said they needed to bring printed tickets for entrance. In my country we can scan QR code on mobile device rather than bringing a printed ticket. As far as ec capability i would assume both ways possible and let the technology at entrance or user preference decide which way to go
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:18:25 AM

Here you can find the link to the recent Coin Interview with Eventchain.io https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmihjL9Hxzc

I think this is one of the strongest projects I have seen all year. Very excited about this project.

Steemit article with a Q&A here: https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@coininterview/ama-live-coin-interview-with-eventchain-io

Good luck to all the ICO participants Smiley

Nice interview and really good article.

I definetly liked this part.

What is vision for the company in the next 3-5 year plan?

We are looking to penetrate into the open ticket market, not just concert tickets, although many of the ticketing problems we are solving are found in Music and Sports. Statista.com says that the worldwide market will exceed US$50 billion / year in tickets sales by 2021. We want to disrupt the event ticket industry with extensive worldwide marketing focused on the advantages of blockchain ticketing to increase the adoption of EventChain SmartTickets. Within 5 years, we want to facilitate a minimum of 750 million ticket sales a year which is 1.5% of the ticketing market share in 2021. In due course, we want to completely disrupt the current ticket industry with smart contracts on the blockchain.

I am very happy that i spot eventchain in the beginning. I loved their ambition.

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2828
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:18:44 AM

Tickets market is soooo big, we haven't took into account yet amusement parks, natural parks, circus like cirque du soleil, big events like red bull events, motorsports events (these one are huge in Europe) just to name a few

How about drink/food coupons at events? You can even sell back your unspent ones (if the organiser isn't a dick!)

Well it would be a option which could be considered in future. But selling back the unused coupons? Not sure how this should work. But it would be great if promoters would sell coupons you could use on every event of the same promoter. Most fans are going to a lot of events from the same promoter so they could use them anytime they need the coupons.

I also think that would be difficult to sell back unspent ones, just make sure you used all of them! Drink more beer  Wink
It would be nice to have same coupons on different event, like events on the same location but different day.

There is a bright future in this kind of platforms!!
Keep it up

I don't see why it would be hard to resell unused one.

A platform could be made for an intrafestival where everybody who don't want to use a ticket can sell it on this intraplatform provided by Eventchain.

It won't be hard but, there will a problem that also exist in today's ticketing system. Blackmarketing. People will buy tickets for a popular event on the earliest in bulk and then sell them at higher price near the event.

Yes but that be avoided in eventchain system. They just put an limitation for it. You can't post a ticket with higher than original price. At least in platform it avoids blackmarket. But their hands are tied out of platform.

It depends on how the reselling fuction will work. I can imagine it could still be possible for someone to resell the own ticket right infront of the concert hall and ask for the mark-up in cash. That would be something even an platform like EventChain could not prevent.
if it will be possible to resell ticket on the same platform where i buy it will be more likely(in my opinion) that going at the place of concert that i decide i want not see it anymore...
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:47:12 AM

I was thinking of the poster who said they needed to bring printed tickets for entrance. In my country we can scan QR code on mobile device rather than bringing a printed ticket. As far as ec capability i would assume both ways possible and let the technology at entrance or user preference decide which way to go

In my country there are even here and there human beings checking paper tickets at the entrance  Grin , of course only in small venues. I'm sure EV will provide both ways, it's really not a big issue.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
gawajn

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:50:46 AM

On the tokensale site there is something about setting up the etherum wallet written. You should set up your wallet with a minimum Gas limit of 25Gwei. What is this?, mostly using other currency.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:28:07 AM

On the tokensale site there is something about setting up the etherum wallet written. You should set up your wallet with a minimum Gas limit of 25Gwei. What is this?, mostly using other currency.
Ethereum is the network—the blockchain. Ether (ETH) is the fuel for that network. When you send tokens, interact with a contract, send ETH, or do anything else on the blockchain, you must pay for that computation. That payment is calculated in Gas and gas is paid in ETH.

You are paying for the computation, regardless of whether your transaction succeeds or fails. Even if it fails, the miners must validate and execute your transaction (compute) and therefore you must pay for that computation just like you would pay for a successful transaction.

You can see your TX fee (gas limit * gas price) in ETH & USD when you search for your transaction on etherscan.io. This is not a TX fee that MyEtherWallet, or any other service provider, receives. This fee is paid to miners for mining transactions, putting them into blocks, and securing the blockchain.
The total cost of a transaction (the "TX fee") is the Gas Limit * Gas Price.
Typically, if someone just says "Gas", they are talking about the "Gas Limit".
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:41:14 AM

The website is in trouble? or its just me.

"503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:46:38 AM

When i tried to enter, i get the same error. After that it worked properly. Now i checked, still the same issue.

Something wrong with the hosting i guess.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:25:59 AM

Identifying validation will be a possibility to limit the user's use of multiple accounts, and the label should not be too difficult to implement.The problem is, if people are going to use EventChain, if they have to register, such as a passport check or something.
On the other hand, it will be effective.

There will be necessary measures to limit users from abusing the service.
All major centralized players do it without the need of passports.

I am sure Eventchain already have plans about it.

I can remember some concerts handled by a major ticket business required you showed your ID at the entrance of the venue. Could be an Adele concert, notorious for the high resale prices. Could also have to do with terrorism threats though. Maybe both. Anyway, it's not unheard of.

Also if you want an alcoholic drink in a bar you need to show your ID to prove you're older than the permitted age.

Last but not least some countries require you to be able to show your ID when asked by law enforcement, in practice that means you need to carry your ID at all times.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:47:25 AM

Identifying validation will be a possibility to limit the user's use of multiple accounts, and the label should not be too difficult to implement.The problem is, if people are going to use EventChain, if they have to register, such as a passport check or something.

I can remember some concerts handled by a major ticket business required you showed your ID at the entrance of the venue. Could be an Adele concert, notorious for the high resale prices. Could also have to do with terrorism threats though. Maybe both. Anyway, it's not unheard of.

Also if you want an alcoholic drink in a bar you need to show your ID to prove you're older than the permitted age.

Last but not least some countries require you to be able to show your ID when asked by law enforcement, in practice that means you need to carry your ID at all times.

At the Glastonbury Festival the tickets had a photo of the registered ticket holder on it. Unfortunately this form of identification is very costly so it can't be a solution for all events.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:02:35 PM

When i tried to enter, i get the same error. After that it worked properly. Now i checked, still the same issue.

It's working again for me. Maybe they got DDoS attacks.

tiger5056

Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:17:05 PM

coin interview with Eventchain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmihjL9Hxzc. nice

the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:54:39 PM

just checked and it's working fine. restart your browser and try again. should be fine.

Drokzid

Activity: 930
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 01:18:56 PM

Maybe they should protect their website with Cloud Flare. Works good for most of the crypto websites out there.

BTC IS KING!
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 01:46:12 PM

At the Glastonbury Festival the tickets had a photo of the registered ticket holder on it. Unfortunately this form of identification is very costly so it can't be a solution for all events.

In this day and age, when almost everyone who will be using this platform, owns a cellphone, the cost might actually be negated. just have ppl snap a pic of their id and attach it with each purchase.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Sozialtourist

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:55:45 PM

Maybe they should protect their website with Cloud Flare. Works good for most of the crypto websites out there.

The issue with the website was just temporarily in the morning, lets hope there wont be any problems when the sale starts tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: