Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:17:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EventChain ⚡Solving Ticketing Problems on the Blockchain  (Read 48084 times)
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:15:50 PM

who can create tickets a person or company or is this eventchain available for worldwide peoples or companies can create tickets? what will be process is any person want to create tickets. is there verification process required?

I asked myself the same question. Would it also be possible with EventChain to host an own, small event and sell the tickets on the platform? I mean, for example, the president of a local musical society who wants to organize a concert in his town. Can he use EventChain too or is it only designed for big event managers?

I do hope they keep it open for everybody to use, but from their website it seems they are targeting the American market. Maybe it's open for all, but they will market it to big venues in the American market first.

Yes, first they will enter the American market but dev already confirmed their expansion to Europe:

We are definitely targeting Europe, and there is already huge interest in London, Germany, Austria, Switzerland to name a few. We have Developers and Advisors located there already as well. The system is compatible in all geographies Tongue

As I mentioned previously, first world countries were the early adopters of Blockchain and cryptocurrenies so its a great thing Eventchain is targeting U.S. first hand. But to make a successful venture it needs to be implemented worldwide so that more users can get their hands on it.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:46:07 PM

I know this will be platform for events tickets, but it would really be awesome if someone would be able to merge all tickets including plane, train, public transportation, museums, cinema, etc. That would be a hell of a project.

Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:08:40 PM

who can create tickets a person or company or is this eventchain available for worldwide peoples or companies can create tickets? what will be process is any person want to create tickets. is there verification process required?

I think that the product will be opened to everyone.

You can try the platform here : https://alpha.eventchain.io/ it seems adapted to every type of client.
imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:11:01 PM

I asked myself the same question. Would it also be possible with EventChain to host an own, small event and sell the tickets on the platform? I mean, for example, the president of a local musical society who wants to organize a concert in his town. Can he use EventChain too or is it only designed for big event managers?

I do hope they keep it open for everybody to use, but from their website it seems they are targeting the American market. Maybe it's open for all, but they will market it to big venues in the American market first.

Yes, first they will enter the American market but dev already confirmed their expansion to Europe:

We are definitely targeting Europe, and there is already huge interest in London, Germany, Austria, Switzerland to name a few. We have Developers and Advisors located there already as well. The system is compatible in all geographies Tongue

As I mentioned previously, first world countries were the early adopters of Blockchain and cryptocurrenies so its a great thing Eventchain is targeting U.S. first hand. But to make a successful venture it needs to be implemented worldwide so that more users can get their hands on it.

Statistics shows that concert ticket sales alone in North America reached more than $7 billion in 2016  https://www.statista.com/statistics/306065/concert-ticket-sales-revenue-in-north-america/ . Eventchain is uniquely positioned to cater on this market.
how to verify there is real person or owner going to create tokens and selling them. i think that Dev know correct answer.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:58:24 PM

What techniques will EventChain apply to stop me from creating several 100 accounts, possibly automating the process, and amassing tickets before reselling them at a higher price than I bought them?
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:32:56 PM

i heard you will be able to use crypto to purchase event ticket on eventchain. this would be huge.

Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

i heard you will be able to use crypto to purchase event ticket on eventchain. this would be huge.

Not just that, by using the blockchain, you ensure the transparency of each sell, and avoid scams like the one with viagogo, here they were the ones selling the tickets at aastronomical prices, lying to the people by making them believe that they already were sold out, this project solve a BIG problem of fraud in the ticket industry.
NokasKili

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Professional Portuguese Translator

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:06:05 PM

Very useful project...I hope this goes well!

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:15:15 PM

I think the ticket offer will grow with time and eventchain will offer more and more possibility. There is a huge market behind ticket service and a lot to do. Event ticket in the first time its already a big market, and with a lot of black market, I think crypto and a nice smart platform can change that. Eventchain has no competitor yet for a huge market, they will handle it and will offer us a very useful platform !
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:21:24 PM

Hey dev, I asked you on telegram about bridging other blockchains in the future, can you elaborate more about that? There are many beautiful projects out there, IOTA for micropayments, monero, zcash, verge, nav for anonymity, etc...

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:28:19 PM

Would someone from the team elaborate on where they see the biggest challenges within this Project on a 1, 3 and 5 year period? thanks in advance
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:32:11 PM

Reading this as I try to book tickets for my travel. On an average, I travel to about 10 destinations on a year. If I accumulate all the transaction fees paid for booking these trips, they come to a sizeable amount. Looking forward to hear more about this.

I am not sure if EventChain is helping you with the transaction fees here. I read it like EventChain is mainly selling tickets for events like sport events and concerts etc. But in the end you could book a lot of event related stuff for your trips here.
I think they will offer a large variety of tickets. And will add more and more after some time.

Of course but I am not sure if it will be for booking bus or airplane tickets!? Would be a bit strange in my eyes. I see the usability more in the event market, but who knows.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:57:30 PM

I know this will be platform for events tickets, but it would really be awesome if someone would be able to merge all tickets including plane, train, public transportation, museums, cinema, etc. That would be a hell of a project.

it takes time for that to happen. they gotta go with first things first. first are the events and then everything else.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:00:31 PM

To the devs!

Your signature from the Ann topic post isn't working. After clicking on the first part where I should go to the homepage it is going to the wrong site or better to say the address isn't complete.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
heyjoe

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:12:13 PM

Interesting project in an area that desperately needs innovation and can benefit from blockchain tech - Looking forward to following along and learning more about how the tokens work and convert in 'real time' to the fiat currency.

The idea of easily being able to make and sell tickets to small events seems like the best market for this.. the big ticket companies already have a tight hold on venues, but being able to create local events is a market that I don't know of any other service going after at a large scale.  Would work great for fundraisers, specialty events, small concerts, etc etc. 

Hash()

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:14:50 PM

Hey dev, I asked you on telegram about bridging other blockchains in the future, can you elaborate more about that? There are many beautiful projects out there, IOTA for micropayments, monero, zcash, verge, nav for anonymity, etc...

Yeh good questions, Ethereum is paving the way at the moment but as a business we have to evaluate technology as it emerges. That means the new systems esp. Bitcoin Rootstock, Tezos, Eos and others have to be evaluated. Actually quite excited to work with the new tech, but i'm sure we will have a home on Ethereum for the long term.
Hash()

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:24:39 PM

Would someone from the team elaborate on where they see the biggest challenges within this Project on a 1, 3 and 5 year period? thanks in advance

For the average business their problems are usually tech related. We won't have a technology barrier as we have demonstrated with our best-in-class https://alpha.eventchain.io demo. So really the challenges will be simply about team and partnership building. These problems are made easier for us by being well funded and in the crypto space early which gives as 'currency' Smiley
Hash()

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:51:05 PM

Will you offer a mobile client for IOS and Android smartphones? I think these devices will be the main source for buying and selling tickets in the future.

Actually because we don't rely on third-party plugins like metamask, our alpha fully works on mobile as a responsive website Smiley Native apps will be easy because of our web2 sidechain innovation.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:57:26 PM

Will you offer a mobile client for IOS and Android smartphones? I think these devices will be the main source for buying and selling tickets in the future.

Actually because we don't rely on third-party plugins like metamask, our alpha fully works on mobile as a responsive website Smiley Native apps will be easy because of our web2 sidechain innovation.
Can you explain what is web2 sidechain innovation about? You're talking about a sidechain of the main eth blockchain?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Hash()

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:00:43 PM

Can you explain what is web2 sidechain innovation about? You're talking about a sidechain of the main eth blockchain?

I wrote a blog piece about it - hopefully that satisfies your curiosity! Smiley https://blog.eventchain.io/introducing-the-eventchain-alpha-demo-25ee864e062b
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: