Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:20:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EventChain ⚡Solving Ticketing Problems on the Blockchain  (Read 48084 times)
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:06:33 PM

Would someone from the team elaborate on where they see the biggest challenges within this Project on a 1, 3 and 5 year period? thanks in advance

For the average business their problems are usually tech related. We won't have a technology barrier as we have demonstrated with our best-in-class https://alpha.eventchain.io demo. So really the challenges will be simply about team and partnership building. These problems are made easier for us by being well funded and in the crypto space early which gives as 'currency' Smiley

Do you have team members who have experience in the ticket industry or working with venues?  It is a difficult space and having someone with connections or experience would go a long way to trying to secure partnerships.  I believe many of the larger venues have multi-year contracts with ticket sellers.

You should check there website. They have a great team included people with experience in the ticket industry.
Like Richard Patterson and the crew of Click4Time (booking system).

The team is solid and will do the work!
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:11:26 PM

We are switching to the lightning fast tokensale page in preparation for the ICO on September 13 17:00UTC Very shortly, so that will be exciting.

Excellent. Remember, the faster the site loads, the smaller the friction between clicking the link to the site and buying the tokens in the ICO!

Also, the images in the first post of this thread are also loading slowly, although that may be caused by BitcoinTalk's link filter or whatever it is. Even so, Google taught me to serve static content from different (sub)-domains to allow parallel download, which could be worth a try if your webmaster has the time for that.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:13:43 PM

Will you offer a mobile client for IOS and Android smartphones? I think these devices will be the main source for buying and selling tickets in the future.

Actually because we don't rely on third-party plugins like metamask, our alpha fully works on mobile as a responsive website Smiley Native apps will be easy because of our web2 sidechain innovation.
Can you explain what is web2 sidechain innovation about? You're talking about a sidechain of the main eth blockchain?

I wrote a blog piece about it - hopefully that satisfies your curiosity! Smiley https://blog.eventchain.io/introducing-the-eventchain-alpha-demo-25ee864e062b

This web2 sidechain is huge, if I understood it correctly you can easely interface EventChain with (this is just an example) Ardor, becoming a child chain and host events like voting for tickets sellers reputation trough it

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
KrakAJAX (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:14:59 PM

Would someone from the team elaborate on where they see the biggest challenges within this Project on a 1, 3 and 5 year period? thanks in advance

For the average business their problems are usually tech related. We won't have a technology barrier as we have demonstrated with our best-in-class https://alpha.eventchain.io demo. So really the challenges will be simply about team and partnership building. These problems are made easier for us by being well funded and in the crypto space early which gives as 'currency' Smiley

Do you have team members who have experience in the ticket industry or working with venues?  It is a difficult space and having someone with connections or experience would go a long way to trying to secure partnerships.  I believe many of the larger venues have multi-year contracts with ticket sellers.

You should check there website. They have a great team included people with experience in the ticket industry.

Yes, we understand working with Venues can be tough and we have that experience Smiley!

We are working on a partnership with a ticketing giant on a certain island country in Asia right now, so that will be super excitign news coming out soon!

Wanted to remind everyone that we expanded our Bounty Campaign to have new participants in it
Here is a link to the full bounty participation campaign: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2152363.0

To Participate in the new Telegram campaign:

First Join Telegram: T.me/EventChain

And than Submit your details using this form:
https://goo.gl/forms/fG5REXzcTi4fHBQn1

Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AMDDiUVa-UICl5D4y2vp8Gvj9ip-RaRmxqUR9E6jLqg/edit#gid=1934945026

Rules:
1: You must register a real account, and only one reward per telegram user and bitcointalk user.
2: Make an appearance and a post once every day or two days leading up to the ICO September 17th.
3. Fill the Form above with your telegram username and bitcointalk username, submissions will be manually verified.
4. 2 EVC for Joining telegram, and 2 EVC per day for actually participation in the telegram chat easy day - for a total of 16 EVC per week.

Hope to see some new faces in there and get some more personalized discussion Smiley
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:31:47 PM

Yes, we understand working with Venues can be tough and we have that experience Smiley!

We are working on a partnership with a ticketing giant on a certain island country in Asia right now, so that will be super excitign news coming out soon!

Nice to hear some big news is on the Horizon. You know how it is in crypto-land, it's all about the hype!
wonderfullife

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:46:23 PM

I am happy to see that such a good platform could be built. I have worked in the concert events and i know that the companies that sell for us the tickets tooks a big commission. Things has to be done and videhub could be a solution.
Hash()

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:58:11 PM

Will you offer a mobile client for IOS and Android smartphones? I think these devices will be the main source for buying and selling tickets in the future.

Actually because we don't rely on third-party plugins like metamask, our alpha fully works on mobile as a responsive website Smiley Native apps will be easy because of our web2 sidechain innovation.
Can you explain what is web2 sidechain innovation about? You're talking about a sidechain of the main eth blockchain?

I wrote a blog piece about it - hopefully that satisfies your curiosity! Smiley https://blog.eventchain.io/introducing-the-eventchain-alpha-demo-25ee864e062b

This web2 sidechain is huge, if I understood it correctly you can easely interface EventChain with (this is just an example) Ardor, becoming a child chain and host events like voting for tickets sellers reputation trough it

That is actually a great idea, and I imagine the answer will be yes. Thanks for the suggestion.
windreamteam

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:43:48 PM

My post is not very useful ^^ but just to say that i find that the name of this crypto "EVENTCHAIN" is so appropriate. They wanna create a platform to improve how the "EVENT"s ticket are sold and this thanks to the block"CHAIN" technology. EVENTCHAIN Wink Tongue XD
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:51:22 PM

My post is not very useful ^^ but just to say that i find that the name of this crypto "EVENTCHAIN" is so appropriate. They wanna create a platform to improve how the "EVENT"s ticket are sold and this thanks to the block"CHAIN" technology. EVENTCHAIN Wink Tongue XD

This only shows that EventChain team are smart enough to think a catchy and appropriate name for this project Smiley
Drokzid

Activity: 931
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 11:22:03 PM

Wanted to remind everyone that we expanded our Bounty Campaign to have new participants in it
Here is a link to the full bounty participation campaign: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2152363.0

Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AMDDiUVa-UICl5D4y2vp8Gvj9ip-RaRmxqUR9E6jLqg/edit#gid=1934945026

Rules:
1: You must register a real account, and only one reward per telegram user and bitcointalk user.
2: Make an appearance and a post once every day or two days leading up to the ICO September 17th.
3. Fill the Form above with your telegram username and bitcointalk username, submissions will be manually verified.
4. 2 EVC for Joining telegram, and 2 EVC per day for actually participation in the telegram chat easy day - for a total of 16 EVC per week.

Hope to see some new faces in there and get some more personalized discussion Smiley
The link to the Telegram campaign form is broken. The landingpage shows the error "The form STOX Telegram Campaign is no longer accepting responses. Try contacting the owner of the form if you think that this is a mistake."

Is the campaign no longer active? If it is still active could you please fix the form or update the link? Thanks.

BTC IS KING!
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:33:07 PM

Guts are trying to eliminate resale markup on all secondary market tickets, eliminating the market altogether. In our case, we are giving artists/promoters the choice of whether secondary markets should be fixed or flexible while still maintaining the integrity of all tickets to ensure they are counterfeit proof.

Thanks, good to see you did your homework and didn't just make another clone of a product!

Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:36:55 AM

This only shows that EventChain team are smart enough to think a catchy and appropriate name for this project Smiley

The name is actually good but is not enough to make it a success, the idea, the platform, the marketing, in general, is a necessity, look at aventus, that name doesn't tell me that is to buy tickets for events, it could lead to adventure, avenue, etc. and it got sold out quickly, so we have a good start with the name, lets see the rest.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:02:32 AM

I am happy to see that such a good platform could be built. I have worked in the concert events and i know that the companies that sell for us the tickets tooks a big commission. Things has to be done and videhub could be a solution.

So, eventchain won't charge anything or very little? Still, not clear to me.
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:21:22 AM

Spreadsheet:

Rules:

The link to the Telegram campaign form is broken. The landingpage shows the error "The form STOX Telegram Campaign is no longer accepting responses. Try contacting the owner of the form if you think that this is a mistake."

Is the campaign no longer active? If it is still active could you please fix the form or update the link? Thanks.
You can try this : https://goo.gl/forms/nHZhiV3rRZeYqy313
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:21:06 AM

Eventchain will charge fees, but they will be less than the competition, because the blockchain allows to have fees low, like, very low, and transactions are instantaneous, that with the trusless transactions, makes it impossible to fraud or scams to occur, that is the main problem that eventchain wants to address, not the fees or the cost, but the reliability of a ticket seller.
KrakAJAX (OP)

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:51:59 AM

Yes, no processing fees on SmartTickets transactions. Tickets will be cheaper for fans and directly paid to artists or promoters!
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:54:12 AM

Yes, no processing fees on SmartTickets transactions. Tickets will be cheaper for fans and directly paid to artists or promoters!

Some say a little fee. Some say no fee. What's the reality?
I'm planning to implement EventChain somewhere but I'm confused about the fee.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:11:03 AM

You want to buy cheap tickets to cocert only? Or for other events and may be some kinds of transport (fly, bus etc) ?
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:13:07 AM

Some say a little fee. Some say no fee. What's the reality?
I'm planning to implement EventChain somewhere but I'm confused about the fee.
KrakAJAX is one of the team, what he says can be justified.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:42:07 AM

You want to buy cheap tickets to cocert only? Or for other events and may be some kinds of transport (fly, bus etc) ?

Its for concerts, sport events, ...
You can check there platform, there you can find some examples of events they are planning.

https://alpha.eventchain.io/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: