Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:06:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Viewly ∙ A tokenized video platform  (Read 7347 times)
fancy2973

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:55:15 PM

Forgive me, but I still don't understand, where the video will be stored? And that, anyone who wants to watch this video, have to pay? I do not think that this will be the best solution ....

Haha this looks like you repeated the post from above you and put it into your extremely poor English words. Maybe you should stop posting if that's all you can contribute.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:04:23 PM

You are right, this is if you want to make money on advertising. But there are people who create for themselves, and do not want to sell advertising for money. Viewly will be interesting for them.

You are right Dr.Cristofferson! Thank you for the support.

very impressive idea, i'm interested in results of your work. We need somethink new in this sphere. Youtube is too currupted now, money money money money everywhere...

Thank you! We are working hard on a new refreshed version of the alpha.

And will you show the amount of money collected, as shown in DTube? It's interesting to watch, how much money clip has collected.  Cool
Yes, this encourages other participants to make better content, seeing how many others are making money on it.

Thank you guys for the suggestion! Good idea!  Smiley

But how do you plan to name your service? There are already various combinations associated with the decentralization of YouTube and so on. I wonder your decision about the name of the project. Huh

The name of our project has been decided a really long time ago - we are Viewly.  Grin

Isn't this already achieved by IPBC? The coin allows users to upload videos and they get paid when the viewers view the videos and 'mine' coins with their cpu while they watch the video.

What is different with this coin?

Hello smartcrypto and thank you for the question. We are a completely different project from IPBC. Our goal is focusing content creators and solving their problems. No mining, no rewards for just watching a video or for uploading a video. We focus on quality content. You can find out more about Viewly if you check out the whitepaper here: https://view.ly/downloads/whitepaper.pdf

When will you start your service? It is interesting to at least roughly understand what you are capable of and what your ideas are. I'm not talking about a mobile application, but at least a trial run of the site would be interesting to see.

There is a working alpha product right here: https://alpha.view.ly/. Please take note that this is soon to be refreshed.

Just found out about this project.
Will keep an eye on this.

Thank you greml! Visit our social media pages and check this thread for more updates!

Thank you for all the questions guys, and sorry I did not manage to answer them all right now. It is a really busy time for us but I promise we will get back to all of you as soon as possible!  Grin
fathamburger

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 12:27:17 AM

Hello tiCeR, thanks for the question.

The seed sale was ongoing in October and the hard cap was reached. There is a presale for strategic contributors that's ongoing at the moment until the 19th February - above 100 ETH. Then on the 20th and on the 21st February there will be a presale for whitelisted contributors - above 5 ETH. The public token sale starts on the 22nd February and it will last until the hard cap has been reached or until the 22nd March.

Videos are not stored on the blockchain, you actually only store the information regarding transactions and that relates to videos (hashes, etc). The technology is advancing.

Interesting. I am not sure if I understand how your platform works if videos are not stored on the blockchain. If someone creates a video and someone else wants to see it, does that other person have to pay for it and that transaction gets recorded on the blockchain? And then, how does the other person access that video if it's not stored on either a central server like Youtube provides or on a blockchain? Does that person need access to the producers computer?

The blockchain only stores pointers (the hashes) to the locations of the videos i.e. the VIEW hosts. The decentralized CDN (content delivery network - that serves videos) means essentially that anyone can host videos and be part of the Viewly network. Whether its one person making use of their home internet upload capacity when they're not using it or professional CDN's, they all treated as nodes in the network and yes some will be more capable than others and will set for theselves a higher VIEW token price for use. The centrality is only the blockchain itself that points to where videos are.
Klennox

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:40:27 AM

Forgive me, but I still don't understand, where the video will be stored? And that, anyone who wants to watch this video, have to pay? I do not think that this will be the best solution ....

Haha this looks like you repeated the post from above you and put it into your extremely poor English words. Maybe you should stop posting if that's all you can contribute.

If you know the answer to my question - can you give me it?
And if you can only notice the mistakes of others - maybe you should stop posting?
CristopherCollins77

Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:56:55 AM

You are right, this is if you want to make money on advertising. But there are people who create for themselves, and do not want to sell advertising for money. Viewly will be interesting for them.

You are right Dr.Cristofferson! Thank you for the support.

very impressive idea, i'm interested in results of your work. We need somethink new in this sphere. Youtube is too currupted now, money money money money everywhere...

Thank you! We are working hard on a new refreshed version of the alpha.

And will you show the amount of money collected, as shown in DTube? It's interesting to watch, how much money clip has collected.  Cool
Yes, this encourages other participants to make better content, seeing how many others are making money on it.

Thank you guys for the suggestion! Good idea!  Smiley

But how do you plan to name your service? There are already various combinations associated with the decentralization of YouTube and so on. I wonder your decision about the name of the project. Huh

The name of our project has been decided a really long time ago - we are Viewly.  Grin

Isn't this already achieved by IPBC? The coin allows users to upload videos and they get paid when the viewers view the videos and 'mine' coins with their cpu while they watch the video.

What is different with this coin?

Hello smartcrypto and thank you for the question. We are a completely different project from IPBC. Our goal is focusing content creators and solving their problems. No mining, no rewards for just watching a video or for uploading a video. We focus on quality content. You can find out more about Viewly if you check out the whitepaper here: https://view.ly/downloads/whitepaper.pdf

When will you start your service? It is interesting to at least roughly understand what you are capable of and what your ideas are. I'm not talking about a mobile application, but at least a trial run of the site would be interesting to see.

There is a working alpha product right here: https://alpha.view.ly/. Please take note that this is soon to be refreshed.

Just found out about this project.
Will keep an eye on this.

Thank you greml! Visit our social media pages and check this thread for more updates!

Thank you for all the questions guys, and sorry I did not manage to answer them all right now. It is a really busy time for us but I promise we will get back to all of you as soon as possible!  Grin

Cool! I want to see updated version! Will the search work? Is there already a few videos in the database?
DiziSquare

Activity: 377

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:31:19 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 10:16:39 AM by DiziSquare

Will there be an opportunity to make a live broadcast? For example, as in Livepeer.
If there will be both video storage, and an output to a live broadcast - it will be a masterpiece. Shocked
AndyNguyen1988

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:43:26 AM

Oh, I think your project is very good because it involve to media. Will have a big community to support you. But I'm afraid about your platform, can it enough to manage a huge digital data?
Narimann

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:40:37 AM

Oh, I think your project is very good because it involve to media. Will have a big community to support you. But I'm afraid about your platform, can it enough to manage a huge digital data?

I don't think this is required, because user gadgets will be used to manage the data. And it will use exactly the power that is required to view the video, or its publication.
sharkman20

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:00:54 PM

I see a sample site on your platform. But will there be a mobile app? Will there be enough mobile Internet resources and mobile processors to operate rather heavy media data?
Lucasolofsson85

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:34:14 PM

I see a sample site on your platform. But will there be a mobile app? Will there be enough mobile Internet resources and mobile processors to operate rather heavy media data?
No one is manages without mobile app now. The project witout it would not make sense.
The power of the smartphones will be enough with interest, especially since the technology of blockchain only facilitates the work of the entire service.
evilcyclope

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:48:47 PM

Everything looks fine, BUT. What if you don't earn enough money without advertising? What if subscribers can't pay a lot? The bulk of bloggers now receive money only through advertising ...
This is interesting...
SgExcoin

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:16:09 PM

great
CristopherCollins77

Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:57:12 PM

Guys, why this project should be interesting to me, as a blogger? How is it better than usual Youtube?
jess4ever

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:23:52 PM

Guys, why this project should be interesting to me, as a blogger? How is it better than usual Youtube?
Full freedom of speech, your content isn’t t controlled by anyone, and you control the monetization of your publications.  Smiley
XOOMBOX

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:30:59 PM

Everything looks fine, BUT. What if you don't earn enough money without advertising? What if subscribers can't pay a lot? The bulk of bloggers now receive money only through advertising ...
This is interesting...
This is interesting - Run by the people, for the people, is the best time the video makers and bloggers that there aim to give information to viewers, my only question is how to control the platform against video maker trying create videos that are not good for the viewers?
brussqett

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:55:20 PM

If this isn’t a social network - but what is it? Suppose I uploaded a video, can I set the price for viewing?
tiCeR

Activity: 1736
Merit: 750

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:12:41 PM

Hello tiCeR, thanks for the question.

The seed sale was ongoing in October and the hard cap was reached. There is a presale for strategic contributors that's ongoing at the moment until the 19th February - above 100 ETH. Then on the 20th and on the 21st February there will be a presale for whitelisted contributors - above 5 ETH. The public token sale starts on the 22nd February and it will last until the hard cap has been reached or until the 22nd March.

Videos are not stored on the blockchain, you actually only store the information regarding transactions and that relates to videos (hashes, etc). The technology is advancing.

Interesting. I am not sure if I understand how your platform works if videos are not stored on the blockchain. If someone creates a video and someone else wants to see it, does that other person have to pay for it and that transaction gets recorded on the blockchain? And then, how does the other person access that video if it's not stored on either a central server like Youtube provides or on a blockchain? Does that person need access to the producers computer?

The blockchain only stores pointers (the hashes) to the locations of the videos i.e. the VIEW hosts. The decentralized CDN (content delivery network - that serves videos) means essentially that anyone can host videos and be part of the Viewly network. Whether its one person making use of their home internet upload capacity when they're not using it or professional CDN's, they all treated as nodes in the network and yes some will be more capable than others and will set for theselves a higher VIEW token price for use. The centrality is only the blockchain itself that points to where videos are.

That explains it, thank you. Is there any sort of censorship involved or can anyone offer anything via your blockchain? But wait, it wouldn't probably be smart to offer illegal content via your platform because the hash pointer will be stored permanently. They could do it via Tor though.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
komar.515

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:26:27 PM

haha, but in fact the truth. How will you control the banned and propaganda videos? Don’t t you think that sooner or later this technology will be taken under the control of the authorities?
Ayupich

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:47:49 PM

haha, but in fact the truth. How will you control the banned and propaganda videos? Don’t t you think that sooner or later this technology will be taken under the control of the authorities?
I think, like on any other Internet resource, there will be a moderator here. Do you think that the world has completely lost its mind? Not by that much...))
Nijeltheboss

Activity: 326

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:33:27 PM

I think, like on any other Internet resource, there will be a moderator here. Do you think that the world has completely lost its mind? Not by that much...))
The most important thing is that people will have freedom of speech. Their videos will not be banned for security reasons. You can shoot and show anything. You can express your opinion and stand up for your position.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: