Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:35:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [MSR] Masari - simple, scalable, and secure cryptocurrency  (Read 85176 times)
Svob777

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:11:14 PM

Is MASARI going to larger trading floors? For example, exmo, poloneks, Bitrex? If it is planned then when?

Poloniex doesn't accept payment to list coins, it chooses which coins to list, so the dev can't do much about poloniex. Bittrex takes payment to consider a coin, but doesn't always list one after taking payment. The dev could try paying bittrex, although it's expensive.

I sincerely believe in the success of your project. Add at least to cryptopia or livecoin. Since it is not very convenient to register to purchase your coin. Still as an option yobit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:57:24 AM

What is the point to Masari? What does it improve on Monero?
omega0

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:44:43 AM

The thing that Masari has implemented compared to Monero is a new DAA that could now be added to Monero (https://github.com/monero-project/monero/pull/2887).
The plans for the future from what has been promised will be about on-chain scalability.
The point is that Masari wants to contribute to the development of Monero where some things I think can't be tested directly, and provide a fork of Monero stable and maintained over time
zavage

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:34:32 AM

Cant start mining, always telling invalid aadress" invalid address used for login", ive tried claymore and xmrstak, nothing...  What else should i do?
yaroslavskoll

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:36:58 AM

im not familiar on this,give us simple but relevant info on this
dtr

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:12:41 AM

Cant start mining, always telling invalid aadress" invalid address used for login", ive tried claymore and xmrstak, nothing...  What else should i do?

Check address, obviously.
cryptoam

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:48:21 PM

If Dev can add Smart Contracts, Masari will sky rocket...
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:12:23 PM

The thing that Masari has implemented compared to Monero is a new DAA that could now be added to Monero (https://github.com/monero-project/monero/pull/2887).
The plans for the future from what has been promised will be about on-chain scalability.
The point is that Masari wants to contribute to the development of Monero where some things I think can't be tested directly, and provide a fork of Monero stable and maintained over time

Why even create a new coin fork when all you need is a test net?
omega0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:21:00 PM

I'm not here to convince you lol  This is a fork of Monero and will take the road he wants . otherwise according to your reasoning we will not even talking about monero (fork of bytecoin) now
mrtiritas

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:16:33 PM

Hello there.

Our miners demanded a Masari Pool, so we created it. We've been mining for some days now.

http://msr.soyminero.es/en/
(also in spanish)

We've got 7 nodes across the world with GeoDNS to get the best of your miners by getting really low latency.

We give support in English and in Spanish via Telegram.

Pool support Workers and worker statistics.

Hope to see you soon mining with us!

-------------------

Y también en Español.
¡¡Apúntate a minar con nosotros!!
MacronMiner

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

Scam Hunter

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:27:03 AM

I really love the project but I'm thinking that as the dev as the only people it can't be made it's fully potential.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:38:08 PM

I'm not here to convince you lol  This is a fork of Monero and will take the road he wants . otherwise according to your reasoning we will not even talking about monero (fork of bytecoin) now

What? I asked a simple question, you make no sense and I see no direct answer to my question. Makes me think twice about putting BTC towards a test net for Monero.
omega0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:32:40 PM

I'm not here to convince you lol  This is a fork of Monero and will take the road he wants . otherwise according to your reasoning we will not even talking about monero (fork of bytecoin) now

What? I asked a simple question, you make no sense and I see no direct answer to my question. Makes me think twice about putting BTC towards a test net for Monero.

I'm not the developer, put your btc wherever you want. The rodmap is on the website, it is not a simple test net, dyor
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:04:07 AM

I'm not the developer, put your btc wherever you want. The rodmap is on the website, it is not a simple test net, dyor

Part of "do your own research" is coming to a place where the developer frequents and ask questions which are not found anywhere else.

Masari is not even listed on coinmarketcap, so now can someone answer the simple question of what is the purpose of this Monero fork?
thaer (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:40:29 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 06:22:55 AM by thaer

Part of "do your own research" is coming to a place where the developer frequents and ask questions which are not found anywhere else.

Masari is not even listed on coinmarketcap, so now can someone answer the simple question of what is the purpose of this Monero fork?

Hello,

Masari is an experimental coin with its goals not intended to compete with Monero, as they don't really overlap in objectives.

Masari's most recent improvement however does overlap, and surfaced exactly because of adversarial market effects on Masari's existence and not due to randomly fiddling with a testnet, seen in the pull request above, replacing an inefficient difficulty algorithm implementation in Monero.

The purpose of Masari is for on-chain scalability initiatives that have not been delved into in the CryptoNote space, starting with uncle mining using a variant of the DECOR+ protocol, followed by research into sharding/partitioning potential of the transaction outputs into a "blocktree" structure (pending a whitepaper draft and peer review).

Although there will likely be more upstream contributions (bug fixes, minor features, etc.), these goals differ greatly from Monero's as its team pursues 2nd layer solutions. I'm not one to say that on-chain scalability is a better pursuit, nor whether or not 2nd layer solutions are the best, and we're seeing new innovations coming out all the time that may take market dominance in the future (i.e. blockchain alternatives like Hashgraph, Raiblocks, IOTA, etc., ignoring decentralization concerns.).

I'd like to re-iterate that this is an experimental coin, with value outside of just being a local testnet, and for all intensive purposes is not necessarily intended to be one for you to invest in - there is little to no marketing here outside of organic community growth.

I hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,
Thaer
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:16:37 AM

Hello,

Masari is an experimental coin with its goals not intended to compete with Monero, as they don't really overlap in objectives.

Masari's most recent improvement however does overlap, and surfaced exactly because of adversarial market effects on Masari's existence and not due to randomly fiddling with a testnet, seen in the pull request above, replacing an inefficient difficulty algorithm implementation in Monero.

The purpose of Masari is for on-chain scalability initiatives that have not been delved into in the CryptoNote space, starting with uncle mining using a variant of the DECOR+ protocol, followed by research into sharding/partitioning potential of the transaction outputs into a "blocktree" structure (pending a whitepaper draft and peer review).

Although there will likely be more upstream contributions (bug fixes, minor features, etc.), these goals differ greatly from Monero's as its team pursues 2nd layer solutions. I'm not one to say that on-chain scalability is a better pursuit, nor whether or not 2nd layer solutions are the best, and we're seeing new innovations coming out all the time that may take market dominance in the future (i.e. blockchain alternatives like Hashgraph, Raiblocks, IOTA, etc., ignoring decentralization concerns.).

I'd like to re-iterate that this is an experimental coin, with value outside of just being a local testnet, and for all intensive purposes is not necessarily intended to be one for you to invest in - there is little to no marketing here outside of organic community growth.

I hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,
Thaer

Thank you for that response, and yes I like to dip into experimental tech from time to time.

I will keep an eye on it.

For those that do not know DECOR+ here is a link:

https://faq.rsk.co/hrf_faq/what-is-the-decor-protocol/

Is Masari also pursuing faster speed of transaction with on-chain scalability by researching into partitioning?

It seems to me that it would be much safer for anonymous users to ultimately use a succesful on-chain scalability solution than a 2nd layer solution like Monero is trying to do. I mention this because of the recent discovery that those who try to stay anonymous with Bitcoin while using Lightning with a tumbler might actually expose themselves publicly.

If Masari is succesful, I can see it becoming a big competitor to Monero.

If I am getting the wrong idea, please correct me.

P.S. Might want to also explain what Masari means, at the moment I keep relating it to Mass Effect's Asari alien race.
omega0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:44:33 AM

I think it means "money" in the Arabic language. It is a powerful name
faltoyan

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:10:37 PM

Thaer,

I believe that the DCMA filing by Monero against SumoKoin also applies to the Masari code . See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1905086.msg29047236#msg29047236

Basically the problem is that the Masari code has indeed modified the copyright statement which does not show the original Monero copyright. Also is suggest that you do not add Masari copyright to files which havent any real contributions by Masari except for function/variable name changes. This always bothered me, i had noticed this in Sumokoin then too.

I suggest looking at some other project (linux kernel my fav) to see how copyright assignments are done for new modifications. It better to rectify now than later.
bineva17

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Thaer,

I believe that the DCMA filing by Monero against SumoKoin also applies to the Masari code . See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1905086.msg29047236#msg29047236

Basically the problem is that the Masari code has indeed modified the copyright statement which does not show the original Monero copyright. Also is suggest that you do not add Masari copyright to files which havent any real contributions by Masari except for function/variable name changes. This always bothered me, i had noticed this in Sumokoin then too.

I suggest looking at some other project (linux kernel my fav) to see how copyright assignments are done for new modifications. It better to rectify now than later.

+1

Anyway, so glad to see the beautiful Gui wallet! Keep up great work dev!
thaer (OP)

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:40:57 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 08:19:18 AM by thaer

Thaer,

I've made it more explicit in the repo earlier today when I saw what happened with Sumokoin, though it seems that they also didn't put it explicitly in the Readme which was likely the "last straw" (and I believe they got notice before this takedown at least a couple weeks ago?).
There was a fairly significant refactor that occurred for Masari which touches a lot of the files, so selectively assigning Masari's notice on those files at this point would need more due rigour -  I will do this at some point (I agree with your sentiment), despite being currently compliant with the BSD license.

Thanks for your feedback, it's duly noted!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: