Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 08:02:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [MSR] Masari - simple, scalable, and secure cryptocurrency  (Read 85223 times)
Oren4000

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:07:50 AM

I have an old Masari wallet from version 0.1.2. I tried opening it in v0.2.0 but I encountered the following message:

Wallet file name (or Ctrl-C to quit): wallet
Wallet and key files found, loading...
Wallet password:
Error: failed to load wallet: std::bad_alloc

I noticed the wallet client created a wallet.unportable file.

Is there a way to open or migrate my old wallet to the new v0.20 version? Thanks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ★★★ LETHEAN  ★★★    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┊┈  VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy:  ┈┊
█ █   LinkedinTwitterYoutubeDiscordRedditFacebook  ◉  Whitepaper  ◉ Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
Honey989

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:57:45 AM

All you need to know about Masari: https://medium.com/@officialmasari/introtomasari-8519598168a0
MoonThenLambo

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:05:51 AM

I have an old Masari wallet from version 0.1.2. I tried opening it in v0.2.0 but I encountered the following message:

Wallet password:

Is there a way to open or migrate my old wallet to the new v0.20 version? Thanks.

IMO, you'd be best to restore from seed.

1. If you haven't already, note your seed within old wallet (command = seed)
2. Close wallet
3. Put v0.2.0 in a new location
4. Open up CMD and go to the new cli directory
5. Run: masari-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet
6. Follow instructions and paste your seed when asked.

kalleea

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:16:03 PM

Coinmarketcap here we come! Masari just hit 100k daily trade volume. See you guys at the dance!  Shocked

Now it's listed but still waiting to see all the data.
Nina-coin

Activity: 266
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:19:34 PM

Hello everyone! I carefully studied the technical documentation of the project, but could not understand: does the developer plans to use the resistance ASIC? If the answer is Yes - please give a link to this information
Sgsg666

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:12:30 PM

What algorithm are you guys going to fork to? Hope it is CN-heavy way better than CNv7. Im also wondering how you guys going to compete with other coins such as Haven protocol theyre catching up in terms of demand, market cap already doubled.
JeuTheIdit

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:21:19 PM

What algorithm are you guys going to fork to? Hope it is CN-heavy way better than CNv7. Im also wondering how you guys going to compete with other coins such as Haven protocol theyre catching up in terms of demand, market cap already doubled.

Masari is implementing CN-v7.  Just curious, how is CN-heavy better?

For newer users that need guidance on what to do to prepare for the fork, I have posted a guide on /r/Masari similar to what Monero did:
https://www.reddit.com/r/masari/comments/8epxdt/masari_hard_fork_v5_download_links_instructions/
Oren4000

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:24:11 AM

Wallet password:

IMO, you'd be best to restore from seed.

1. If you haven't already, note your seed within old wallet (command = seed)
2. Close wallet
3. Put v0.2.0 in a new location
4. Open up CMD and go to the new cli directory
5. Run: masari-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet
6. Follow instructions and paste your seed when asked.

Thank you for your help. I downloaded the v0.2 wallet again and started from scratch by deleting the database files in the ProgramData/masari folder. After masarid.exe finished syncing, I copied my wallet and wallet.keys files from backup and started masari-wallet-cli.exe. This time, loading the wallet was successful and synced properly. I can see my old coins again.  Smiley Thanks for taking time to reply to my inquiry and for that important info on how to create the seed using the cli wallet.

I remember last year when it was so easy mining Masari. If only I allocated a few days of mining Masari with my mining rigs, I could have gotten a couple of thousands. Instead, I put only a few old 750 ti cards to mine it. I have regretted that decision. If Masari hits $20, I'll say those 750ti cards did a very good job. Wink Masari reminds me today that playing the long game on promising coins can yield good profits. Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ★★★ LETHEAN  ★★★    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┊┈  VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy:  ┈┊
█ █   LinkedinTwitterYoutubeDiscordRedditFacebook  ◉  Whitepaper  ◉ Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
TacoBond

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:17:14 AM

Officially listed on Coinmarketcap. Congrats Thaer! You could almost make a novel out of this announcement thread. Just an amazing journey Masari Coin has been through the last 7 months. Everyday it's something new for this project.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/masari/
liafloor

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

[Proof-of-contract protocol]

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:34:52 AM

nexxt weeks price is going up, in contrast to the majority of other alts. That's nice.
Amazing coin! She is so young, but already so successful! This is the best investment this year. Cool I wonder how much Massari will cost at the end of the year?  5, 10 or even $ 50?

nanona

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:39:09 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2018, 11:34:11 AM by nanona

For those waiting for a good time to fill their bags: Since a couple of hours we have what must be the dumbest seller on tradeogre. Instead of placing asks and waiting that they get filled in what is clearly a seller's market, he/she is dumping into every bid (which is naturally quite low since there are no bots yet which keep the spread tight, losing 20-25% on every sale). The guy will run out of coins soon (I guess a miner without clue how an exchange works). This means you can get them at 14-15k now, instead of 18k. Once he is done, I'll paint the curve again nicely upwards like in the past three days Wink

EDIT: I thought for a moment he has already run dry since we went to 18k again. But he is still there dumping regularly into 15k bids. Place bids and save 3k per coin before he runs dry or finds out how this thing actually works  Roll Eyes

EDIT: He is still there, giving coins away at >10% discount  Grin

dukica

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:55:44 AM

He's still there Smiley Enjoy free coins
Freeheek

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:07:10 PM

Great times ahead. More and more people joining the telegram. Welcome all!!
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 01:20:52 PM

nexxt weeks price is going up, in contrast to the majority of other alts. That's nice.
Amazing coin! She is so young, but already so successful! This is the best investment this year. Cool I wonder how much Massari will cost at the end of the year?  5, 10 or even $ 50?

Its one of the only coins with actual privacy since it is forked from Monero. When the other changes Thaer has proposed become integrated (blocktree sharding, uncle mining, etc.), there is no reason to think your last number cannot be met. There isn't much competition that is actually private.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
DuffyDuck1

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:49:34 PM

Great coin, spectacular ride in the last few days.
Freeheek

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:56:43 PM

For those waiting for a good time to fill their bags: Since a couple of hours we have what must be the dumbest seller on tradeogre. Instead of placing asks and waiting that they get filled in what is clearly a seller's market, he/she is dumping into every bid (which is naturally quite low since there are no bots yet which keep the spread tight, losing 20-25% on every sale). The guy will run out of coins soon (I guess a miner without clue how an exchange works). This means you can get them at 14-15k now, instead of 18k. Once he is done, I'll paint the curve again nicely upwards like in the past three days Wink

EDIT: I thought for a moment he has already run dry since we went to 18k again. But he is still there dumping regularly into 15k bids. Place bids and save 3k per coin before he runs dry or finds out how this thing actually works  Roll Eyes

EDIT: He is still there, giving coins away at >10% discount  Grin

https://i.imgur.com/wpJukyA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Nebp5Ij.jpg

He is still doing this it seems to. Maybe it's an asic miner? anyway price comes back very quick after his low sells.
shuxin9

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:51:54 PM

Wallet that can't sync:
2018-04-26 15:40:18.183 [P2P7]  WARN    net.dns src/common/dns_utils.cpp:487    WARNING: no two valid MasariPulse DNS checkpoint records were received

How to do this?
nanona

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:21:13 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2018, 06:45:26 PM by nanona

Any thought to the idea that this coin has been pumped by the ASIC miners so they can get some profit from it?

Only thing mining it is ASICs right now.

I guess I'm thinking: is it time to sell?

Enter the hashrate of a CN ASIC into the revenue estimate in the pool and consider their power usage and you will quickly notice that ASIC miners currently have way higher daily profits than GPU miners ever had previously.
Example: The Bitmain Antminer X3 is advertized as having 220kH/s at 550W. One such miner would earn 50 MSR/day today. At today's MSR price and considering the 13kWh of power used per day, this means a huge profit.
If only some of these short-lived ASIC miners are currently immediately selling their cheaply mined coins (to recover their risky investment), this means the price is currently rather suppressed by them.

With the March 1st HF they will be jobless on the Masari chain. GPU miners (3-9kH/s per 550W?) will take over again and production cost per coin will surge. Which also implies that price will surge because GPU miners will not sell as cheap as ASIC miners sell now.

Yes, I have considered that the total network hashrate will drop in 5 days but the drop in hashing efficiency per unit of electricity from ASIC to GPU will be even bigger, hence GPU miners will produce coins at higher costs than ASIC miners do today.

EDIT: Just to be clear, in case someone new to Masari is wondering. The influx of ASIC miners in the past couple of weeks did not result in a higher daily coin emission, since the difficulty adjustment algorithm (DAA) in Masari is the best in the entire crypto space (okay, maybe Iridium IRD has a slightly better one, an even newer version of zawy's DAA). There was therefore no instamining by ASICs like we could see in certain other CryptoNote coins which have just the very poor original/outdated DAA. A powerful and responsive DAA like in Masari means that the coin emission curve is enforced at all times and no miner no matter how powerful can trigger a temporary hyperinflation.
pawelsalsa45

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:44:22 PM

Any thought to the idea that this coin has been pumped by the ASIC miners so they can get some profit from it?

Only thing mining it is ASICs right now.

I guess I'm thinking: is it time to sell?

Enter the hashrate of a CN ASIC into the revenue estimate in the pool and consider their power usage and you will quickly notice that ASIC miners currently have way higher daily profits than GPU miners ever had previously.
Example: The Bitmain Antminer X3 is advertized as having 220kH/s at 550W. One such miner would earn 50 MSR/day today. At today's MSR price and considering the 13kWh of power used per day, this means a huge profit.
If only some of these short-lived ASIC miners are currently immediately selling their cheaply mined coins (to recover their risky investment), this means the price is currently rather suppressed by them.

With the March 1st HF they will be jobless on the Masari chain. GPU miners (3-9kH/s per 550W?) will take over again and production cost per coin will surge. Which also implies that price will surge because GPU miners will not sell as cheap as ASIC miners sell now.

Yes, I have considered that the total network hashrate will drop in 5 days but the drop in hashing efficiency per unit of electricity from ASIC to GPU will be even bigger, hence GPU miners will produce coins at higher costs than ASIC miners do today.

EDIT: Just to be clear, in case someone new to Masari is wondering. The influx of ASIC miners in the past couple of weeks did not result in a higher daily coin emission, since the difficulty adjustment algorithm (DAA) in Masari is the best in the entire crypto space (okay, maybe Iridium IRD has a slightly better one, an even newer version of zawy's DAA). There was therefore no instamining by ASICs like we could see in certain other CryptoNote coins which have just the very poor original/outdated DAA. A powerful and responsive DAA like in Masari means that the coin emission curve is enforced at all times and no miner no matter how powerful can trigger a temporary hyperinflation.
Hi friends. Is there any way to check the profitability of Masari versus different hashrate or graphic cards, online? Thank you for answer!
nanona

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:12:49 PM

Hi friends. Is there any way to check the profitability of Masari versus different hashrate or graphic cards, online? Thank you for answer!

At the moment it is not profitable to mine with any CPU/GPU, at all. These will be back in the game when the ASICs will get forked out on May 1st (of course not March as I wrote before, obviously).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: