Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:33:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some government ban bitcoin?  (Read 12579 times)
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:39:18 AM

because it is out control of central bank and not depeond on $ or gold or oil
great simple answer,since this coin is uncontrollable by banks and can define by dollars or gold thats the reason why it was on hunt by government...lots of funds are circulating here so if big money is involved the whole world will hunt this as if one treasure that soon to be revealed
exactly government want also to make some earning on it , and as of what they have to see and to know for about the market and for the people that are here on how they may able to earn they are curios on it so they want that for.
NightCloudz07

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:49:57 AM

Because its not regulated. Governments cant collect taxes to bitcoin transactions. Thats the reason they ban it.
they ban a bitcoin in some countries because bitcoin have a highest currency and the government or the countries will not control a bitcoin thats why they ban a bitcoin in their country

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
loou69

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:51:29 AM

The government has always relied on taxes to grow its economy.
Although taxable, it maintains the country and provides infrastructure and government services such as schools, roads and buildings. Bitcoin does pose a risk to the government.

Due to the anonymous transaction characteristics of the digital currency Bitcoin, it is highly likely to be used for terrorist financing and money laundering activities, so some countries prohibit Bitcoin.
BILGPS

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:11:44 AM

Governments has trying to control over the bitcoin and this digital currency is using by many governments so it usage is very high in many countries some governments are trying to ban bitcoin because they don't allow bitcoin in the countries and they want to control the bitcoin growth and bitcoin popularity. Bitcoin is growing well and this is circulated among the countries and it is the good currency system and bitcoin is now traded at the rate of $9,199 which is growing well and this will done through the bitcoin users. 

Tagabukid69

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:47:23 AM

This is a high risk investment, For the sake to save the people to lose their money, Government tend to ban cryptocurrency, and since bitcoin is decentralized, its hard for them to manipulate the flow of crypto since all the transactions generated by cryptocurrency are anonymous which might lead to criminal practices such as transacting illegal trading, maybe drugs or money laundering would hard for them to trace and penalized those who are responsible to do illegal things.

OTPPAY.IO   ▅  OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS  ▅   OTPPAY.IO
PRIVATE SALE IS ON. LIMITED UPTO 35M TOKENS WITH 100% BONUS.
izzabel

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:56:04 AM

I See topics about banning and I want to ask.

Is botcoin really that bad? To banned by other countries?
Do the other government in other countries see something bad?
Can bitcoin be used to locate us?and see what we are doing? In short a Spyware.  

Some government ban bitcoin because  they don't want to be the bitcoin will going to be their nations currency they don't want that their recent currency will going to be dead
Joylee

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:14:52 AM

Bitcoin is anonymous that means central bank can't control its transaction.It's out of bank's control.But mostly I think the government is afraid of digital currencies.
Jerzzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:17:17 AM

because the people who use bitcoin for there transactions are anonymous.so lot of illegal things like weapon exchanges,funding for terrorism etc., doing using bitcoins.that is the major headache for the government.and the low against transactions,applying of tax also cant use against Bitcoins.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:27:54 AM

because it is out control of central bank and not depeond on $ or gold or oil
You have a valid point for bitcoin not been supported by some governments but btc was also developed to give us freedom from exorbitant taxes and cut down the need of middle.

But one thing I find difficult to understand is the support of other cryptocurrencies but they will not support bitcoin, maybe btc should be based on gold prices.

BlackBeauty

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:28:18 AM

because the people who use bitcoin for there transactions are anonymous.so lot of illegal things like weapon exchanges,funding for terrorism etc., doing using bitcoins.that is the major headache for the government.and the low against transactions,applying of tax also cant use against Bitcoins.
Yes i think that is the big point that government cannot legalized bitcoin because government wants safety for every citizen and they didn't want any problem in their country, but bitcoin is not a harmful for everyone and i think government will do something about bitcoin to improve and popular it for people because it is very beneficial for every person.
rxtwo

Activity: 224
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:58:14 AM

Why won't some of them do, since it is a threat to their previous activities of controlling fiat currencies? In the past they have always been using central banks to do some of their evil work and controlling distribution which most times affects the downstream. And then a decentralised currency came all of a sudden which they can no longer control and is already disrupting usual methods. However, there are some who believes criminal activities will increase but I believe this can easily be curtailed.
charlystriker

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:23:23 PM

I think because it is not beneficial for the government to make people free from taxes. The government does not get anything from bitcoin, so they are often against it.
Some government ban bitcoin because bitcoin transactions are anonymous.Government have no control in bitcoin if any losses or anything happen they cannot protect their citizens. Also government cannot benefit in bitcoin because bitcoin transactions  are in digital currency and they put it a tax. It is also a decentralized currency and not controlled by the central government.
Blockman21

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:30:41 PM

Some governments banned bitcoins because they clearly don't understand the concept of bitcoin and what is bitcoin for that matter.
santieevanz

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:50:27 PM

Bitcoin is really not bad because as you can see, it is just a currency in a crypto world that has nothing to do with the economy of a certain country. Well, maybe some government in other countries sees something wrong with the bitcoin that's why it is banned in some country such as Korea, Bangladesh and etc. I'm really not sure if bitcoin can locate us because as far as I know, no one is manipulating it.

Laabada

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:53:32 PM

Because they can't control the peoples
halenephthys

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:17:49 PM

Some government wants a ban on bitcoin since there is no capital gains tax chargeable on bitcoin. Only bitcoin mining and businesses operating on bitcoin are taxable.

Government is afraid of bitcoin since it can be a threat to the economy and the country itself. And I agree that they can get any tax when it comes to bitcoin. Also, since it is a decentralized cryptocurrency, illegal transactions may occur that may harm the people and the country.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:23:24 PM

Bitcoin is a powerful currency which has given a lot of people the capability to make expensive transaction anonymous. For some criminals, it is a gift specially when making illegal transactions. Another reason why bitcoin is being banned by soms countries is because they see it as a threat to their economy since it has no tax and there are no benefits being gained by the government. No matter what their reasons are, we should never stop believing on bitcoin.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:58:55 PM

If in reality any country will think to ban bitcoin then why they will wait , surely they will ban it at instant of the descion and they will not wait for long time .
These are in actual rumours only to spread the negativity in the cryptocurrency market to make the market of the bitcoin and another better altcoins dump , so that those whoa re spreading negativity can buy those coins at very low price .
Here only a type of rumours of ban you will see day by day that are not in actual truth , you can take example of the India where government said that they will try to not to increase the people's interest in bitcoin ( by making rules of regulation with high % of tax system ) but still news media are saying that government is saying that they will ban bitcoin ( a type of direct stupid thing that we can see with these ways and that also results into panic in the mind of the new users .
So keep yourself away from such types of things Because these will give you negativity only .
dyablo

Activity: 191

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:02:02 AM

The main reason why the bitcoin is banned in some countries is because governments in some countries that the bitcoin have a disadvantages if they will legalize it. For them, bitcoin has bad effects.

Some government ban bitcoin because they are won't allow its people use it in illegal activities like buying drugs and they are afraid that their currency losses its value and affects their government financial stability.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:08:19 AM

I think other countries do not like bitcoin and they see bitcoin as useless and does not do anything good. Well, in some country,their government look at bitcoin as a threat and can be a source of illegal activities.Different case happened in China last year, the government of China also totally banned bitcoin and shutted down all the websites related to cryto currency, correct me if I am wrong. They stop the usage of bitcoin because the China's Central bank has no power to regulate it, they are afraid bitcoin will dominate them.Since bitcoin is so very powerful currency, the only way for Chinese is to ban it. Our country's government is also discussing about bitcoin being harmful to the society. Since transaction in bitcoin does not need personal infos, it can be used anonymously to illegal activities.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: