Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:58:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us  (Read 54563 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:47:17 AM

I think it would be a good idea to mix the idea of "Bitcoin Town" with "BTC Entourage", and have a lottery where people put there names in and can live in the Bitcoin house to be followed around by cameras.

But it will be on a different end of the property from the town center, so it will be at least a half mile away from most people.

This thread was made in response to this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209465.0

I am wondering where all the Bitcoin millionaires (even semi-millionaires or hundred thousandaires) are. Let's get a group of like 5-10 people, and make a Jersey Shore type series for the BTC community. Start on YouTube and maybe get picked up by some random network.

Throw down together to rent an amazing house at a price that is pretty cheap each. Then basically everyone try to have as much fun as they can while living there, and cameras follow everyone around.

I'll hold the first camera and publish/edit everything. I already make videos, and I'm getting a new computer thanks to Devcoin, so I can edit and everything soon Smiley

I don't mean everyone try to be like the people on Jersey Shore, I just meant like the way Jersey Shore is about a certain social group, and they all live in a house together.

BTC is a social group. And since it is centered around money, they could get a cooler house

The goal isn't to get people that watch Jersey Shore to watch this, you guys are missing the point.

And yes, there is plenty of room for intelligent shows in the world. The apprentice was about business strategy, and look at Shark tank.
If we had 5-10 people, each would could have there own thing. 1 guy looking for employees for his BTC funded company, 1 guy hoarding BTC, 1 guy hoarding alt coins, 1 guy that is like a day trader, 1 guy that just mines and parties, 1 guy that made a coin that isn't too popular but has made some good money, 1 guy that wants a BTC church, 1 guy that wants a 100% BTC economy, 1 guy that hates bitcoins, 1 guy that want to get bitcoin into space etc etc.

And if Bitcoin island or Blueseed get going, we could do a:

BTC-House: The Island
or
BTC-House: SeaSteading/BlueSeed
or
BTC-House: The Political Zone

Get a whole documentational series going Smiley

I think a good original series would be

BTC-House: Denver
And the catch line is "Bitcoin or Bust".

Maybe
BTC-House: BC BTCs
And do it in Canada

Eventually a-
BTC-House: Smart House
and have people live in a house, but they have to be willing to do technical work an try to invent new things.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:54:03 AM

And I think we should allow for worship of ANY god by opening a non-denominational church in town

Would anyone be interested in starting a "Church of Development". Where "god" is "the future", and we worship by making it better. Basically just a developmental coin charity that religiously works towards the future.

I am a certified minister and I will work to get non-profit status in my state

If anyone wants to get married or exercise demons, I can legally do the ceremony Smiley

I've been working on this charity for a while, and have been planning on giving back to the world whenever AdSense ended up paying good money (I'm pretty close). But now I learned about Devtome where you can write to earn Devcoins, which can be exchanged for Bitcoins.

I wrote a good amount this month, so I'll be able to jump start the charity, and I want to tie it to Devcoin, and the Devtome bounties.
It really is a coin that is good for the world, and this charity is a good boost to that Smiley

Over 200 members already Smiley
https://www.facebook.com/events/293758280706156/

We are also working on building a SOLAR POWERED MINING MACHINE!!!! For sale to the public.

We will be working on making a language between humans and dogs (research is already being done).

not translation. We will teach humans to talk to dogs, and teach dogs to understand and communicate more difficult ideas, like "now" and "then".

But that comes after we work on breeding dogs, because right now we try to get "pedigrees" by inbreeding dogs, which makes them stupid. There needs to be a breed of dog that is bred purely for its intelligence and willingness to communicate. A "Brilliant Mut" breed, probably with some wolf, since nature breeds for intelligence (and strength, but intelligence is a factor).

Here are some other projects:

Devbook- A Mix between Facebook and a Genealogy website.

Devxchange- A Devcoin exchange website, possibly with a section where people can post projects that need funding through donations and loans

Devtest- Surveys and Contests for devcoin

Devlist- Craigslist, but things are for sale for Devcoins

Devsino- Devcoin Gambling

DevATM- An ATM where you can insert cash and get Devcoins on a USB (even just a machine that is constantly hooked up to a Devxchange that accepts credit card as USD funding)

Devblog- A place to post blogs and vlogs, like blogger for Devtomers

Adev- A 'company' that puts ads in videos and on websites and pays the host in devcoin.

Devseed- A program to freeze seeds of all the Earth's plant species for preservation through an "apocalypse" scenario

DevIsland- An island that is rented out, and Devcoins are bought with the money to stimulate the Devcoin economy, and Devcoin events can be held there for free

Devid Card- A Machine that can aaccept USBs, allowing for payment in Devcoins in regular stores

Devtel- A Hotel that is half free, half paid, paid customers pay in Devcoin which stimulate the devcoin economy

Devtome Brick & Mortar- A place that is half library, half bookstore. Purchases and fees are paid in Devcoin

Devcoach- A Half free half paid "Greyhound" type bus service

Devy Awards- Winners get coins and trophy, awards go to great achievements in the Devcoin community

Devpower- A Company that uses solar and wind technology to offer a FREE energy alternative

Devercise- Workout powered mining machines

DTV- Devcoin Television network, commercials and actors/writers are paid for in Devcoins which stimulates the Devcoin economy

Devair- Devcoin radio, same as DTV but radio

DevPAC- A Devcoin funded political ad campaign

Dev for Humanity- Apartments built that are completely free, but some of the rooms will contain just mining servers to fund it

Devstate- A university, and eventually city/township, then eventually county, and maybe even a state one day

DevINC- A company that gives out free mining machines and asks that people donate coins back if they have extra money after mining

DevSA- Devcoin NASA

Jobe7

Activity: 238

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:46:47 AM

i hate to ask this but can you build on desert?

You can convert desert into farm'able land with the right tools and method. There's a fair amount of research done into it, and some practical research, unfortunately not much funding in that area. I mean, what western countries would want to repair Africa and parts of the Middle East? I know right.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:50:15 AM

I mean, what western countries would want to repair Africa and parts of the Middle East?

to their credit "fixing" the bad parts is probably the least cost effective solution to that problem. allowing people the freedom to travel is probably a much cheaper and better idea.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
ThePanCakeKid95

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:42:32 PM

Ok, so I just woke up and started running some numbers.
1) We need jobs, people won't move without jobs and lets not be stupid and say all we need is Bitcoin mining, we need actual jobs. I say we tailor for tech firms, we would get a powerful fiber line run to us and really get things going.
2) We are out in the middle of nowhere, so either we are growing food or our food supply stores, the cost of food will be much higher Sad
3) We need stores, I'd like to keep walmart out lol, family and individual owned stores are key, one they provide jobs and two help the community. Side not our city will have a high min. wag so expect high prices. We care about people so higher wages is a must.
4) A Small power plant, lets face it currently the power output of solar is not what we need, we will have power lines from actual power plants, but we need a huge transformer for our location.
5) Restaurants, no one wants to live in an area where there is not a single place to eat in 40 miles.
6) Water, water, water, we need it and guess what in New Mexico its hard to come by how will we deal with this?

this is just a few, because i have to go to some grad parties today, but please fill in ideas.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:19:11 PM

You can convert desert into farm'able land with the right tools and method. There's a fair amount of research done into it, and some practical research, unfortunately not much funding in that area. I mean, what western countries would want to repair Africa and parts of the Middle East? I know right.

New Mexico isn't THAT much of a desert. Yeah, there is no grass in anyone's yard, and the ground is red dirt, and it's hot as fuck. But if you have water, farming is fine. Plus we could bring some potash in or something to fertilize the ground.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:25:30 PM

1) We need jobs, people won't move without jobs and lets not be stupid and say all we need is Bitcoin mining, we need actual jobs. I say we tailor for tech firms, we would get a powerful fiber line run to us and really get things going.
2) We are out in the middle of nowhere, so either we are growing food or our food supply stores, the cost of food will be much higher Sad
3) We need stores, I'd like to keep walmart out lol, family and individual owned stores are key, one they provide jobs and two help the community. Side not our city will have a high min. wag so expect high prices. We care about people so higher wages is a must.
4) A Small power plant, lets face it currently the power output of solar is not what we need, we will have power lines from actual power plants, but we need a huge transformer for our location.
5) Restaurants, no one wants to live in an area where there is not a single place to eat in 40 miles.
6) Water, water, water, we need it and guess what in New Mexico its hard to come by how will we deal with this?

this is just a few, because i have to go to some grad parties today, but please fill in ideas.

1) Mining, Taxi, Farming, or any other service you could provide to people in town. Other than that, come with a car and commute into whatever town is nearby until we start opening hotels and franchises. And as mentioned a few times before, http://Devtome.com

2) Growing and Buying online, And we won't be in the middle of no where. I plan on finding a place that is not far from a highway or at least a small-ish town.

3) Stores will come once we can afford them (I already brought this up in the original post), unless developers are some of the founders. Or some of the founders sell their land to developers.

4) Solar is what we need. And we will find land that already has power to it, like with a ranch house. And if we can't, we can bring generators.

5) again, already mentioned. You can't just build restaurants before you build a town. There is no town that started because someone built a restaurant there.

6) Water has already been mentioned, can you please read before you post. If you want to "help" then actually bring up the stuff I talked about, or bring up things I haven't talked about at all. Don't bring up things I already talked about and say we need to do things I already said we will do (or ask how we will do them when I already said).

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:27:44 PM

I really like concept of this idea but it's hard to find people who are like you (us) and who will actually put in work and time to better themselves and people like them.

There are honestly too many people with this negative and lost mindset:

I honestly don't think I believe in family. It's a silly concept. No matter their DNA or familiarity, someone can always be out to destroy you or harmful to mankind.

That's fine, I have the means to find the people.

ThePanCakeKid95

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:30:12 PM

Ok, well i just spend 20 min doing some numbers, so a land plot of 55.5 yards by 31 yards would allow us to put 1680 Homes in a 640 acre area. Now of course this would be the MAX number of homes, and this amount of land is fairly descent, its not huge but bigger than city plots, kinda like subdivisions.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:34:07 PM

Ok, well i just spend 20 min doing some numbers, so a land plot of 55.5 yards by 31 yards would allow us to put 1680 Homes in a 640 acre area. Now of course this would be the MAX number of homes, and this amount of land is fairly descent, its not huge but bigger than city plots, kinda like subdivisions.

I don't think we should try to make it a suburb... Maybe similar, but not exactly.

ThePanCakeKid95

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:35:50 PM

I agree just giving numbers. shh lets keep this a secret but Harding County, New Mexico only has 600 residents and lost 14 percent from 2000-2010 Wink
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:37:13 PM

so this is a guy that wants people to buy some land and think that it only takes 51% of the population living on the land to desire to call it a town.

ok fine i know a farmer that has lots of land. so all he has to do is declare himself a town.(he is divorsed and lives alone making him 100% of the population)

and now magically country government law, state government and county government laws dont apply. as soon as i heard the first video when he said the town would be a safe zone where they couldn't extradite you i laughed my head off and realised this guy has no clue. and stopped watching.

pfffft facepalm..

it does not make it a tax/political freezone purely by creating a town. it just makes a leader become the major to decide how they spend funds they gather from the population of the town.

its not just about buying land. there is more to it. the native Indian reservations and the amish communities didn't just have a bit of land to automatically make politics irrelevant. there were lots of laws and lobbying to allow these communities to be political free zones.

so lets just end this new mexico thread to wither away and atleast concentrate on the new hampshire project where atleast they seem to be doing it the right way.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:38:52 PM

1) Mining, Taxi, Farming, or any other service you could provide to people in town. Other than that, come with a car and commute into whatever town is nearby until we start opening hotels and franchises. And as mentioned a few times before, http://Devtome.com

2) Growing and Buying online, And we won't be in the middle of no where. I plan on finding a place that is not far from a highway or at least a small-ish town.

3) Stores will come once we can afford them (I already brought this up in the original post), unless developers are some of the founders. Or some of the founders sell their land to developers.

4) Solar is what we need. And we will find land that already has power to it, like with a ranch house. And if we can't, we can bring generators.

5) again, already mentioned. You can't just build restaurants before you build a town. There is no town that started because someone built a restaurant there.

6) Water has already been mentioned, can you please read before you post. If you want to "help" then actually bring up the stuff I talked about, or bring up things I haven't talked about at all. Don't bring up things I already talked about and say we need to do things I already said we will do (or ask how we will do them when I already said).

Sorry for replying like this, I didn't even realize it was you. I though this was a new person coming in without reading. Sorry.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:39:18 PM

I agree just giving numbers. shh lets keep this a secret but Harding County, New Mexico only has 600 residents and lost 14 percent from 2000-2010 Wink

That's pretty cool Smiley

ThePanCakeKid95

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

Umm.. No i fully support having a police force, my farther was a police officer and I'll tell you if you have honest cops all your fears go away, the police I grew up around are honest loving great men! and no we never said that, what we want is more a place to call our own. Obviously township is a lot harder (i looked it up long ago).
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:43:25 PM

1. so this is a guy that wants people to buy some land and think that it only takes 51% of the population living on the land to desire to call it a town.

2. ok fine i know a farmer that has lots of land. so all he has to do is declare himself a town.(he is divorsed and lives alone making him 100% of the population)

3.and now magically country government law, state government and county government laws dont apply

pfffft facepalm..

4. the only thing that will change is by it now being private land if they want a hospital the state/government wont fund it. if they want a school the state government wont fund that either. but if you shoot someone. the state/government will find the killer and put them in prison.

5. its not just about buying land. there is more to it. the native Indian reservations and the amish communities didn't just have a bit of land to automatically make politics irrelevant. there were lots of laws and lobbying to allow these communities to be political free zones.

6 so lets just end this new mexico thread to wither away and atleast concentrate on the new hampshire project where atleast they seem to be doing it the right way.

1. I don't think, I KNOW. Look up "Creating a Town" or "Township".

2. Good for him

3. Laws still apply dumb ass, you can just choose to have a police force that is told not to worry about certain things. That way as long as the wanted person never files their social security number anywhere, no one from outside will even know they live there. So unless they did something worth hunting them for, the outside government will have no reason/evidence to come there. Ad if they do, they do. Oh well. We will just have to defend the guy in court.

4. Thank you for describing what we all already knew. Ass hat.

5. I'm not trying to be like a reservation, we plan on being an American town.

6. How bout you just piss off if you don't like it, and go to New Hampshire.  

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:44:44 PM

Plus,
As mentioned before, New Mexico has awesome laws. I don't even see a reason to try to drop them.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:45:34 PM

Umm.. No i fully support having a police force, my farther was a police officer and I'll tell you if you have honest cops all your fears go away, the police I grew up around are honest loving great men! and no we never said that, what we want is more a place to call our own. Obviously township is a lot harder (i looked it up long ago).

That's why I want a volunteer force.
If they are volunteering, they are passionate about police work. Not just bored and meeting quotas.

ThePanCakeKid95

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:47:09 PM

I honestly think we should really look into Harding county! I can say if we come in as loving Americans that want to better their county, they would love the idea, we could make it so much better, plus if we got people on our side, we could really make a difference. We could have a town, sure Wink but imagine if the entire county was in on our thinking!
ThePanCakeKid95

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:49:04 PM

Also I can tell you coming from a small town, sadly our police are never board, the officers there usually don't have backup, which from the stories I've heard is very scary when you have multiple armed people and its just you and backup is 10 min away Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: