Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:30:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us  (Read 54563 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 03:52:25 PM

That's awesome.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 11:31:04 PM

shoudn't a bitcoin down be in new hampshire the free state?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 01:51:24 AM

Nope, new mexico is just as free.

Open carry (True right to bear arms)
You can declare you land a "no gun zone"
You can grow mushrooms, but ONLY for personal use
If ANY kind of seed falls in natural dirt (even potting soil), and something grows, that is nature, not manufacturing.
And Billy the Kid ran out all the bad politicians, bankers and law men. Literally, do some research on Billy the kid, I'll be making some videos about him soon. He is like "The Father of New Mexico". And other than his museums, all they have is Indian reservations to visit. And I would like to become involved with the reservations.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 01:02:38 AM

If ANY kind of seed falls in natural dirt (even potting soil), and something grows, that is nature, not manufacturing.
And Billy the Kid ran out all the bad politicians, bankers and law men. Literally, do some research on Billy the kid, I'll be making some videos about him soon. He is like "The Father of New Mexico". And other than his museums, all they have is Indian reservations to visit. And I would like to become involved with the reservations.

So if it is easy enough to start a town, why not go further?  Bitcoin Town, Bitcoin County, New Mexico!
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:25:25 AM

So if it is easy enough to start a town, why not go further?  Bitcoin Town, Bitcoin County, New Mexico!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199424.new#new

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
daserpent1

Activity: 435

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:56:31 AM

I was wondering, if say even 1000 people live in this bitcoin town. And average bitcoins per person was just 1000 bitcoins.

How would these people get those 1000 bitcoins each. Because as far as I see, most major holders have to the tune of 50k to 150k bitcoins. And the ones that are mininig even with the BFL asics are only minting 20 or so a month.

I think the 21 million cap is gonna be a huge problem.

Maybe, bitcoin should be treated like a gold coin where each bitcoin is worth like 50 "towncoin" and the currency of trade would be the "towncoin" ( or litecoin maybe) but just backed by the bitcoins.

That is how the modern world works right? All our currency is backed by gold and since there is a very limited quantity of gold, we use dollars and euros instead.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 10:04:21 AM

so whatever happened here? Is FinShaggy still around?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:49:57 PM

I was wondering, if say even 1000 people live in this bitcoin town. And average bitcoins per person was just 1000 bitcoins.

How would these people get those 1000 bitcoins each. Because as far as I see, most major holders have to the tune of 50k to 150k bitcoins. And the ones that are mininig even with the BFL asics are only minting 20 or so a month.

Maybe, bitcoin should be treated like a gold coin where each bitcoin is worth like 50 "towncoin" and the currency of trade would be the "towncoin" ( or litecoin maybe) but just backed by the bitcoins.

That is how the modern world works right? All our currency is backed by gold and since there is a very limited quantity of gold, we use dollars and euros instead.

sorry, that's barely coherent

J603

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:44:08 PM

It's actually very coherent as long as you haven't been smoking. And even then, it's still pretty coherent Wink

The only issue with this whole idea, is that what exactly are you changing? The whole point of bitcoins, if I'm not mistaken, is that there is no centralized organization controlling it, and that the bitcoin system is anonymous (or pseudonymous). However, with the creation of a Bitcoin town, the anonymity is obviously thrown out the window, and you would need some sort of governing body (even if it is just everyone voting in a direct democracy). Obviously, there aren't enough bitcoins to go around, like daserpent1 said, so you would have to have some other sort of currency backed up by bitcoins, which have value. This is basically the same system we have now, although obviously modern currencies are backed up by capital and investments rather than something physical like gold (which makes it even closer to bitcoins).

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 07:41:09 PM

It's actually very coherent as long as you haven't been smoking. And even then, it's still pretty coherent Wink

The only issue with this whole idea, is that what exactly are you changing? The whole point of bitcoins, if I'm not mistaken, is that there is no centralized organization controlling it, and that the bitcoin system is anonymous (or pseudonymous). However, with the creation of a Bitcoin town, the anonymity is obviously thrown out the window, and you would need some sort of governing body (even if it is just everyone voting in a direct democracy). Obviously, there aren't enough bitcoins to go around, like daserpent1 said, so you would have to have some other sort of currency backed up by bitcoins, which have value. This is basically the same system we have now, although obviously modern currencies are backed up by capital and investments rather than something physical like gold (which makes it even closer to bitcoins).

the incoherent part, which probably isn't the right word to use

is there's plenty of bit-fractions

0.00000001 BTC

but I haven't read the thread, eventually I will. and then I can help shaggy if I like the idea. or work to change his idea first

OverallGreatGuy

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:51:01 AM

This is all anyone needs to read before going on with this thread.

We will be writing a town constitution

we will be allowing people to sell or rent out their plots

we will be voting on what the land can be used/sold for

Anyone with no project plans will be lumped together to make a giant plot to rent out for air balloon landings

Housing won't have any restrictions except for height

And the person will go to jail, or whatever is decided as punishment

a town where no one pays taxes

the prison is paid YOUR taxes based on how many beds it fills

we could even try to use town funds to buy a private island

One of those places should start getting government funding, and start housing families & Veterans.

The libraries should have public printing machines to promote free speech.

There should also be a publishing program

We need to have better welfare for regular citizens and veterans

The government needs to provide for those people

Computers...everyone should have one no matter how poor. TVs too.

You only get a Earthship if you want a FREE house

we will eventually build a radio studio in town

Exercise programs in the town square every morning.

we could get a good educational program going and maybe even start our own university

We would eventually get a bus, then start a fleet

But once we got enough communal town funds we could work on that.

We actually hope to make a local restaurant and turn it into a national franchise

we would need a state of the art medical facility

The police, health, fire and other government departments should also utilize these programs to earn extra income by creating "cops" like programs, which will also keep them honest since they have viewers.

We also hope to open a hatchery, and make a lake if we don't start with one.

we need to go to each church and offer them contracts to not be churches any more

we find churches that need funding, and pay them to be "community centers"

opening a non-denominational church in town

This will be the local religion

church employees can get a government salary

We will have plenty of local holidays over time

There needs to be people that come to every party and bring free food or at least drinks/alcohol

You need to gather for a reason, not just because it's the weekend or you want to party

all a community has to work towards is developing shops, housing and eventually public buildings

I even believe that animals should be liberated and humans should be taught to communicate through body language with animals

The only way a plant can talk is with its chemicals (ex Poison: Don't touch/eat me) Learn to communicate on a level deeper than speech.

Everyone would have a machine that they repaired, or checked on.

you pay for the electricity, you mine the coins, but you give some shit away for free

Candy Contest, have people make home made candy and have a contest. And it could fit in well with Halloween in the square.

Classrooms should utilize programs like AdSense and Bitcoin mining. Parents and kids should have to sign a waiver saying that students CAN use their cell phones, cameras and other devices in the classrooms of teachers that deem it acceptable.

I am working on plenty of Charitable projects

New Mexico has awesome laws

Drug dealers would be arrested.

Manufacturing & Selling cocaine isn't a victimless crime. And neither is prostitution.

it's illegal to manufacture guns

I plan on hiding nothing and cooperating (with police) whenever asked.

We will just have to defend the guy in court

we can start a political party based on the towns philosophy

You have to work if you want a share of communal food

we will not have ongoing outside programs inside our town

It would be child friendly, we even allow children to vote if they want.

Education will be non traditional...They will still have the traditional subjects, but they won't be taught like lectures so much.

We will have a program for children and adults that will work towards creating all kinds of community projects

We will make dirt bikes legal.

I would be the one that got tax forms and everything I already plan on that
(for the $2 million land purchase)

we would work out getting everyone their territory afterwards

I have plans for a space program. And the creation of a non-territorial nation.

tl;dr
I've been in court for weed my whole life, but now I have a medical card for it.

Lol!  Shit just kept getting worse and worse
OverallGreatGuy

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:01:12 AM

I'm not joining Ur creepy hippy bit coin commune, sorry.
cWq34#9tH-3

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:42:23 AM

I just started shaggy's police video and cut it off when it started to get silly. First he goes on about how nobody should be arrested for possessing "a flower" (IOW pot); a point to which I agreed (even though I don't smoke) - because I (and I'm talking about my thoughts on this now) think that arresting people for so-called crimes which do not affect anyone else is idiocy. But then... shaggy gives an example of someone who is high and causing trouble by "pissing on a wall"..yada yada and he says that (in this type of situation) they should be arrested for it (i.e the flower). That's whacked. Doing that type of arrest would open the door to all kinds of disagreement/debate and other complications. The "flower" should have nothing to do with it. If he's causing trouble then arrest him for the "direct" trouble that he has caused. Period.  And really, anyway...why would you arrest someone for peeing on a wall? Arresting someone is a serious and major and often permanent life-damaging thing to do to someone. So why not just move the fool along or give him a night in the "drunk tank" to sleep it off? There was no real harm done. JFC, He peed on the effin wall. Big deal.
Anenome5

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:15:25 AM

Any society that gives the mob (ie: voting) more sway over what happens to me than what I myself am able to control is a commune(istic) society and one I will not move to, as it does not constitute a significant improvement of circumstance from living in the USA and many other 1st worlds.

If you want an actual revolutionary new place it must be founded on an equally revolutionary new political theory.

I suggest something that's never been tried before: granular individualism. Let each person control their legal circumstances entirely, over themselves and their property. Let visitors to others property agree to the law-set the property owner decides, or else not enter.

In short, crowd-source laws and dispense with voting entirely. Let each person be sovereign over themselves and their property, and include clauses for resolving disputes should they arise.

Police will enforce the agreements people make when visiting each others' property, and courts will resolve the disputes that arise.

No taxation. No politicians and no politics. No democracy.

cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:07:27 AM

Come on, Anenome5. Could you imagine the laws/rules that all our crazy friends might have over us while visiting their home/country? And then what happens when we're out in the world as we tend to do? What happens while shopping? At work? At community meetings. There absolutely must be some agreed to rules and some reasonable and fair way of enforcing them. Anyhow, what we have now in the USA is no real rule of law - just corp & gov criminals and angry & often bitter & heartless profit motivated LE lording over our society.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 08:00:03 AM

The Bitcoin Town is no contradiction to libertarianism.

Even Walter Block describes how in an anarcho-capitalistic society, there would be housing communities (probably gated  Roll Eyes).

There would be a market of those, each having different rules.

There might be some where yellow curtains are obligatory. Or you'd have to pay a certain amount for the roads and gardens inside (yes, "taxes").

Don't like it? Fine, go someplace else.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Anenome5

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 10:23:38 AM

Come on, Anenome5. Could you imagine the laws/rules that all our crazy friends might have over us while visiting their home/country?
It's very simple, if you don't like one of their laws, don't enter their property, or else negotiate for them to change it for you.

In practice it wouldn't be any different than what we have now, except some people would actually have you agree to the 'no-shoes in my house' rule.

What are you afraid of?

And then what happens when we're out in the world as we tend to do? What happens while shopping? At work? At community meetings.
Businesses will compete with each other for which laws are most conducive and accomodative to customers. It will work out especially well in this case.

There absolutely must be some agreed to rules
You agree when you set foot on their property, or else don't. There's still agreement, just it's now individual agreement instead of communal agreement.

and some reasonable and fair way of enforcing them.
There is in both scenario, both police and courts. What more do you want?

Anyhow, what we have now in the USA is no real rule of law - just corp & gov criminals and angry & often bitter & heartless profit motivated LE lording over our society.
And it will always be that way as long as we accept the principle that other people should be able to force laws on us.

I propose the first society to reject the idea that we must force laws on anyone. It is a radical change, it requires new technology to pull it off, and it requires ubiquitous internet to make it slick and frictionless, but we can certainly do it.

cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:33:50 PM

Come on, Anenome5. Could you imagine the laws/rules that all our crazy friends might have over us while visiting their home/country?
It's very simple, if you don't like one of their laws, don't enter their property, or else negotiate for them to change it for you.

In practice it wouldn't be any different than what we have now, except some people would actually have you agree to the 'no-shoes in my house' rule.

What are you afraid of?

And then what happens when we're out in the world as we tend to do? What happens while shopping? At work? At community meetings.
Businesses will compete with each other for which laws are most conducive and accomodative to customers. It will work out especially well in this case.

There absolutely must be some agreed to rules
You agree when you set foot on their property, or else don't. There's still agreement, just it's now individual agreement instead of communal agreement.

and some reasonable and fair way of enforcing them.
There is in both scenario, both police and courts. What more do you want?

Anyhow, what we have now in the USA is no real rule of law - just corp & gov criminals and angry & often bitter & heartless profit motivated LE lording over our society.
And it will always be that way as long as we accept the principle that other people should be able to force laws on us.

I propose the first society to reject the idea that we must force laws on anyone. It is a radical change, it requires new technology to pull it off, and it requires ubiquitous internet to make it slick and frictionless, but we can certainly do it.

Okay sounds good. I'll just have them send me their laws and constitution of their house, then I'll have my attorney review it and discuss any foreseen potential problems or discrepancies, etc.. And then I'll send them back a disclaimer that I am not subject to any laws that they failed to mention, etc. yada..yada.. LOL
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:35:01 PM

If you people don't take off your shoes in my house I get to shoot you in the face if I decide to enact such provisions, right?
Anenome5

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:04:11 AM

Okay sounds good. I'll just have them send me their laws and constitution of their house, then I'll have my attorney review it and discuss any foreseen potential problems or discrepancies, etc.. And then I'll send them back a disclaimer that I am not subject to any laws that they failed to mention, etc. yada..yada.. LOL
Sure, do all that, lol. Sounds tedious, right?

Which is why in a situation such as this, the likely result is that a few people would want to craft their own laws, or tinker with them at least, but most people would subscribe to the legal theories and adopt laws crafted by professionals, judges or lawyers let's say, that offer legal positions already constructed for them.

Which is to say that law production enters the free market, at last, and can be bought and sold like you might buy a book or a bike.

The result is communities of agreement, where those who adopt similar law-sets would group together and enjoy living their own chosen way in their region, and next door people do things there slightly differently, and those communities which succeed would attract new converts, and those which are annoying can be escaped easily.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: