Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO]🔥🔥🔥 GILGAMESH 🔥 SOCIAL NETWORK FOR BOOKS 🔥🔥 ICO IS LIVE  (Read 17622 times)
izay

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:12:15 AM

Gilgamesh platform gives opportunities to others who loves to write an article, isn't it? This must be their stepping stone to fulfill their dreams to become a real writer even without involving on some publishers. I really idolized the one who made this thing possible. Freelance writers will have a great opportunity to be known their talents. This must be a way for them to be popular and successful on the field they want.
Pokesoul

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:28:27 AM

Gilgamesh would be the future for KIDS. I hope someone will use their tokens to be able to send a digital book to less fortunate kids who would love to read and also after they've read their books they can say thanks to the authors. It is a great feeling that you can interact here with your authors as you say all your opinions and also express your greetings with them. Also, Gilgamesh is a great way to start for independent writers who want to start publishing their piece in the world. Gilgamesh brought this wonderful opportunity that everyone can get benefits and advantages and credits. I hope we support this until it is known all over the world.
The opportunity to buy a book for children is cheaper very well, but there already wrote a problem in the child's desire to read. If Gilgamesh does not deal with this problem in the future, he will have to switch to video.
GetOutOfMyLife

Activity: 210
Merit: 110

Safein Community Manager

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:57:37 AM

Gilgamesh would be the future for KIDS. I hope someone will use their tokens to be able to send a digital book to less fortunate kids who would love to read and also after they've read their books they can say thanks to the authors. It is a great feeling that you can interact here with your authors as you say all your opinions and also express your greetings with them. Also, Gilgamesh is a great way to start for independent writers who want to start publishing their piece in the world. Gilgamesh brought this wonderful opportunity that everyone can get benefits and advantages and credits. I hope we support this until it is known all over the world.
The opportunity to buy a book for children is cheaper very well, but there already wrote a problem in the child's desire to read. If Gilgamesh does not deal with this problem in the future, he will have to switch to video.
I dont think Gilgamesh is only future for kids. As for me, who very like read books(included ebooks, paper books) i would like support somes project likt Gilgamesh. And i think have many people like me.

Safein              A REVOLUTIONARY WAY TO PAY ONLINE   ▶ ▶ ▶ ▶ ▶
[ Whitepaper ]         M A K E   I S I M P L E         [ Google Play ]
_____________________________________ FACEBOOK _______ TWITTER _______ TELEGRAM _____________________________________
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:09:13 AM

We will definitely release the Android version of the platform as soon as possible. Basically there is no reason to create iOS or Android first. We had to start from somewhere and we started with iOS. There was no preferences. Stay tuned.

what platform used for mobile application? is it for android or iOS or both of them?
I think it's only for IOS ,because there's no mention of Android application in the project's roadmap as you can see..

they will release android version for sure in future, but why poor android always comes second for most company even it's most popular.

So you chose iOS over Android? Android has like an 86% market share vs Apple which is around 12%. Moreover apple users tend to prefer the Apple Ecosystem. Seems like a poor choice IMO

Well, we can't do anything about their choice. Let us just respect their choices and let us wait for when they will apply it on android. Although android really is have a bigger market share than apple. I hope they made a right decision.

They are asking for an investment into their technology. Any smart and sane investor will ask questions before throwing their money into the project. So everyone DOES have the right to question the devs

It's normal to be picky for an investor. That's why the Devs should somehow explain why they choose iOS as a foundation for the app.

Maybe because apple users are special and like to read book while android users not, it's like choosing quality over quantity. I don;t know if there is any Research about this.
Really very interesting! The developer conducted marketing research? It seems to me to read e-books more conveniently on IOS devices. But this is my opinion, I like it only to me.

I read interesting article about this yesterday, it says that the reason why companies choose IOS over android is :
- the perception that Android users are less likely to spend money on or in apps.
- Developing iOS apps means ensuring they work nicely on a small range of iPhones and/or iPads: generally 6-8 different devices depending how far back the developer wants to go.
On Android, it's a different story: nearly 12,000 different devices out there in the hands of people, with a wider range of screen sizes, processors and versions of the Android software still in use.
seriin

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:05:33 AM

This project is really interesting! Gilgamesh is a very unique opportunity to everyone, especially to those who really is interested in the book community. The like the Gilgamesh knowledge-sharing social app. But as I can see this project only has an application flow for IOs. I hope that Gilgamesh will also work to have their application flow for Android users. I want to be still updated to this nice project. I hope that other people will also come to know this opportunity. GoodLuck to the team.

Respect bitcointalk Form moderators and Forum Rules.
Do not spoil others Reputation.
SweetSv

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:23:33 AM

Are you related with this project which turns to be scam:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2049534.0

You are also using the same pattern of words that other guy did:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1145385
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1011296

I should address this to someone.
Is the developer of gilgam.es the same person with developer from this project? But I dont think so because this project is very amazing
Lol, Gilgamesh is the main character in the Epic of Gilgamesh, this is not an invention of the developers of the project, popular naming, it fits this project, i think.
I looked at both projects. The names are similar but they are different. But I like the communty which explores all the variants Grin
retampan

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:45:29 AM

I dont think Gilgamesh is only future for kids. As for me, who very like read books(included ebooks, paper books) i would like support somes project likt Gilgamesh. And i think have many people like me.
Not really, I knew that if Gilgamesh has bright futures for everyone who like reading books. But improving interest of the child for reading books nowadays is a must. I don't want this young generation will ruin their life with those gadgets, what an irony.
quimbi777651

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 04:21:00 AM

I do not know how many young people on the forum, but I think most like to read because otherwise they would not have read and written on the forum. And of course the majority here will support Gilgamesh and probably will use its platform. But the problem is precisely in attracting other generations and this problem is Gilgamesh.

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
moonfrost21

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:29:51 AM

We will definitely release the Android version of the platform as soon as possible. Basically there is no reason to create iOS or Android first. We had to start from somewhere and we started with iOS. There was no preferences. Stay tuned.

what platform used for mobile application? is it for android or iOS or both of them?
I think it's only for IOS ,because there's no mention of Android application in the project's roadmap as you can see..

they will release android version for sure in future, but why poor android always comes second for most company even it's most popular.

So you chose iOS over Android? Android has like an 86% market share vs Apple which is around 12%. Moreover apple users tend to prefer the Apple Ecosystem. Seems like a poor choice IMO

Well, we can't do anything about their choice. Let us just respect their choices and let us wait for when they will apply it on android. Although android really is have a bigger market share than apple. I hope they made a right decision.

They are asking for an investment into their technology. Any smart and sane investor will ask questions before throwing their money into the project. So everyone DOES have the right to question the devs

It's normal to be picky for an investor. That's why the Devs should somehow explain why they choose iOS as a foundation for the app.

Maybe because apple users are special and like to read book while android users not, it's like choosing quality over quantity. I don;t know if there is any Research about this.
Really very interesting! The developer conducted marketing research? It seems to me to read e-books more conveniently on IOS devices. But this is my opinion, I like it only to me.

I read interesting article about this yesterday, it says that the reason why companies choose IOS over android is :
- the perception that Android users are less likely to spend money on or in apps.
- Developing iOS apps means ensuring they work nicely on a small range of iPhones and/or iPads: generally 6-8 different devices depending how far back the developer wants to go.
On Android, it's a different story: nearly 12,000 different devices out there in the hands of people, with a wider range of screen sizes, processors and versions of the Android software still in use.

Thanks Sherlock.  Grin Now that makes sense.  They'll be needing a large group of people to handle customer support when a problem occurs. I hope it will be popular in iOS device and bit by bit they'll be able to develop something for Android users which I personally believe they are the one who needs an application that can offer cheaper books to read.

SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 04:52:00 AM

Thanks Sherlock.  Grin Now that makes sense.  They'll be needing a large group of people to handle customer support when a problem occurs. I hope it will be popular in iOS device and bit by bit they'll be able to develop something for Android users which I personally believe they are the one who needs an application that can offer cheaper books to read.
I think the team have already iOS and Android version demonstrated in their state and its stated in whitepaper...thats what the project is all about, meeting as much social community as possible. So basically mobile platform is the target here. Dont worry you will have the iOS version am sure

BRNSTYLE

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:56:50 AM

Do you still have the link to this article?
That sounds interesting to me, cause I'm about to develop mobile app too for own project
BranZolt

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:02:29 AM

Exactly , hereby I agree with you and your opinion.
I think the this generation and the next generation will be much more interested to read from programs like Gilgamesh and other soft copies.
It is also very simple and easy to use.
UpsilonTrooper

Activity: 504
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:45:44 AM

I agree with you bud but regarding your question on why android users always comes to be second priority after ios is simply because Apple has a bigger market while on the other hand android is an open source os for users whuch technicaly means that most users dont avail for any paid service unlike apple.

Wait what? Android has like 8x the market share of iOS. That point is totally moot. Also being open source has 0 connection to availing paid services. Most of the top paid apps are on both platforms and have sales in both places. 
gilgameshplatform (OP)

Activity: 112

Gilgamesh - Blockchain - Social Network for Books

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 06:56:48 AM

Hi All,

We have decided to move forward with iOS app for our initial release because of the following:

- iOS users are mostly located in North America and Europe, we want to target to U.S users in our initial release.
- Complexity: iOS app development is simpler than Android - There are so many version of Android -- each with their own spec.
- Experience - The current team has more experience in iOS.

However, we don't want to have a huge gap between or iOS and Android release -- that' why we are using React Native technology, which allows us to share 90% of the code with the Android platform.

After a successful iOS release, we can focus on Andriod development and test the functionality thoroughly in all devices.

Again, every team has their own preferences and we have to start from somewhere.

Thanks for the patience,

Gilgamesh Team

I agree with you bud but regarding your question on why android users always comes to be second priority after ios is simply because Apple has a bigger market while on the other hand android is an open source os for users whuch technicaly means that most users dont avail for any paid service unlike apple.

Wait what? Android has like 8x the market share of iOS. That point is totally moot. Also being open source has 0 connection to availing paid services. Most of the top paid apps are on both platforms and have sales in both places. 

Scor1937

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:35:04 AM

Hi All,

We have decided to move forward with iOS app for our initial release because of the following:

- iOS users are mostly located in North America and Europe, we want to target to U.S users in our initial release.
- Complexity: iOS app development is simpler than Android - There are so many version of Android -- each with their own spec.
- Experience - The current team has more experience in iOS.

However, we don't want to have a huge gap between or iOS and Android release -- that' why we are using React Native technology, which allows us to share 90% of the code with the Android platform.

After a successful iOS release, we can focus on Andriod development and test the functionality thoroughly in all devices.

Again, every team has their own preferences and we have to start from somewhere.

Thanks for the patience,

Gilgamesh Team

Really good to hear that. Creating a IOS and Android app for faster user interference can make the future of Gilgamesh much more stronger. Though there are not much IOS users as compared to Android users but still Gilgamesh can have profits from the north american and europian peoples as the usage of IOS is greater there than android.
Tanazir

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:29:47 AM

If you create an iOS and Android app for faster user intervention, Gilgamish's future may be stronger. Although compared to Android users IOS users are not much more than users, but Gilgams can still benefit from North America and the European people because iOS is more than Android.
coinbitcoin91

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:12:09 AM

Well, for me it's so good if it comes out on two platforms, and everyone can use it! Or at least a trial version of the android, to assess what interest will be and how many people have downloaded it. You need to do research and make a demo version of the application.
Jedzkie050617

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:48:48 AM

Thanks Sherlock.  Grin Now that makes sense.  They'll be needing a large group of people to handle customer support when a problem occurs. I hope it will be popular in iOS device and bit by bit they'll be able to develop something for Android users which I personally believe they are the one who needs an application that can offer cheaper books to read.
I think the team have already iOS and Android version demonstrated in their state and its stated in whitepaper...thats what the project is all about, meeting as much social community as possible. So basically mobile platform is the target here. Dont worry you will have the iOS version am sure

wow, It's great having an iOS and Android version well, many will happy if that will happend soon that makes the user comfortable and easier to use. Also, by having many features like there IOS application flow and token platforms definitely they love this project.
PENSCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:20:34 AM

Service Providers:
1- Copy Editors
2- Book Cover Designers
3- Book Interior Designers
4- Translators
5- Marketers or Advertisor
Etc

Here are some of the Advantages of using the Gilgamesh Platform, dedicated to authors :
1- Ability to connect and socialize with their readers ( Readers can send direct messages to authors -- and authors can communicate more effectively with their readers)
2- Authors will use the platform for Advertising their books.
3- Authors can publish their books without the need for a publisher (Busines Partner) -- instead, they will work with service providers on the platform and pay them a fixed fee. ( This will ensure that authors get the full financial benefits of their work)
4- Gilgamesh Platform, will NOT store authors eBooks on it's private DBs, we will be leveraging Blockchain technology - Ethereum Smart Contracts and IPFS to encrypt and store the manuscript.
5- All contracts between Authors and Service Providers will be on the blockchain to create an open, censorship-free environment.
6- Authors have a choice to vote by using GIL tokens for any new desired proposals.

Here are few use cases for the GIL Token:
1- Governance - Voting - Token Holders can use the Token to vote on proposals, features, token economy, etc. which will create a fair, democratic platform powered by the community.
2- Increase quality content and organic growth: by incentivizing productive contribution to the platform such as writing Good reviews, flagging inappropriate activities, social engagement - Gilgamesh user base will grow organically with Love & Passion.
3- Use GIL token to purchase Books, eBooks, Audio Books - Authors can purchase services from service providers such as (Book cover design, copy editors, ...)
4- Advertisements - Authors and Service providers can place Ads on the Gilgamesh Platform to target their designed book community members.
5- Authors can pay the platform for copyright, ISBN generation, eBook distribution.

So what should be the use case of this coin?
I've read your WP and generally understood the aiming. In my opinion, WP lacks particular examples of usage hence suggest to put some cases.

Doesn’t it have many features with steemit in common or it’s just mine diseased imagination? All that stuff you’ve mentioned is cool, but I still can’t get particular use cases.
For example, I’m a writer, how shall I benefit from using your platform?

You can write your book on the platform for free or get more tokens to write a book. I'm right?

What's the point of asking me if you're right or not?
If you didn't notice I had asked a question which means that I'm kinda puzzled too
I still want to hear a simple description of how could I participate and benefit from using the platform

Thanks, that's precisely what i wanted to hear
#3 in your list is the most intrigue to me since it's really a huge problem for young writers
Who are "service providers"?

So, for instance, instead of struggling to match requirements of Publishers (and pay them remuneration) i'll be able to:
1) Hire designers, translators, proof-readers, separately. In other words i can create my own team
2) Release my book/article etc. without any middleman permission? And it will be seen by wide audience

Right?

I'm not a member of the team, but in my opinion you understood everything correctly. Of course there is a problem that now any author can easily make his blog. I'm more interested in how this platform is being monetized. In any blog, you can make a donation system but it probably does not work.
cammie16

Activity: 462

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:37:20 AM

Yes, but wallets are free to download so whether you download in it ios or android what is the difference? Maybe it's the targeted countries they want or the  payment per download is ios is much higher that android. Anyway, whether ios first or android the most important think is to develop a mobile wallet.

│      Whitepaper      │              BITHOST                          The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook     │     Github     │     Discord     │
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: