Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104872 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:41:36 PM

It was definetly not a scam, it has raised a lot of money. Not clear why someone could have believed it was a scam, but after all also Ethereum in the beginning was considered a scam by many.

LOL.  I don't think for a second that Electroneum is a scam but could you explain how raising a lot of money stops it from being one?!
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:45:31 PM

Apparently the Electroneum Ico is going to finish sooner than the date of 31st Oct.
That would make investors a little happier. With all this commotion of Electroneum being a scam, there is another chance that they can have to prove that it's not.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:43:30 AM

I think electroneum is a fancy way of saying they can run a miner on a cell phone. If you really want to mine you need a PC.

Has anyone seen the actual PC Linux/Win version of the mining code? I'm questioning whether they will just do a late release of this and instead do a massive early mining with their server farms.

Phyllisorg

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:07:46 AM

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

personally, i think it is one the best ico's it is simple inovative and a lot of people love it.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:12:10 AM

Are people retarded?

40m?   How exactly are investors able to make any money from that? They will I'm sure lose money.

I just want to see one of these fucking companies say they will only take 10m and give investors something...but no.

FUCK THEM
dafaiubug34

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:54:45 PM

I agree on the agressive spamming of the forum, it really isn't pretty to watch at all, while bringing no new information to the table, which in my mind is a minimum for posting really.
mpsabmpaoi

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:56:06 PM

I'm a newcomer in crypto, and after researching here and there, I finally decide this project to be my very first ICO. I hope it does not dissapoint
etiewytied

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:00:50 PM

I do not think electroneum is a scam project, as there were too many similar projects like this, lots of negative issues circulated, but eventually after the project was a success, it proved that the project was not a scam project, I think it's best to analyze the elecroneum first
booze

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:28:06 PM

Have to laugh at posts saying its not a scam because the ico raised money? Makes ZERO sense that argument.

Apart from that, what makes this such a GREAT project? nothing stands out to me.

it is well marketed and pumped.

once released on exchanges my guess will be a nice price spike and followed by a nice price slump and drop to less than 100 sat.

and what does the need 40 million dollars for such a relatively simple blockchain project?
wordspavovv

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:31:43 PM

When you invest in an ICO you invest to an idea, in order to know if an ICO is a scam or not, you have to wait until the team has some amount of time to show results and progress. So nobody can tell if it is.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 03:52:56 PM

No, ETHEREUM is not a scam as it is a grest project and has good demand also.
There are so many project, its just a rumour and it is creating disturbance in a mind.
ETHEREUM is a good way of investing money for the future and it is giving good amount of profit out of it.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
BitCaptcha

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:58:33 PM

No, ETHEREUM is not a scam as it is a grest project and has good demand also.
There are so many project, its just a rumour and it is creating disturbance in a mind.
ETHEREUM is a good way of investing money for the future and it is giving good amount of profit out of it.

Did you mean Electroneum...? Huh  Huh
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:32:43 PM

There sure are a load of suspiciously banal posts on this thread.
Warfare

Activity: 1051
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:52:07 PM

Hmm, this unofficial topic is self-moderated while the official announcement topic is not...

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:00:27 AM

No scam, we just hit the 40 million hard cap 11 days early with a record 310,000 registered users, now you can get in when we hit exchanges on Nov 1st
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:40:16 AM

Just out of interest, does anybody know how many tokens are going to be issued for the $40m?  Also, how many coins will be mined per day?

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:25:07 PM

Just a few observations here.

- Many of the posts on this thread are a little suspicious.

- Its interesting that none of the major exchanges, i.e the ones who scruitinise ICOs closely are not happy to list Electroneum.

- First British cryptocurrency?  Its not even the fiftieth British cryptocurrency.

- Mobile mining?  Done before, fell flat.  Kills battery life.

- Games console mining?  Done before, inefficient, hardware isn't suitable for crypto mining. Manufacturers previously would not approve mining software on their app stores.

- Dev team is almost 100% marketing focussed.  Obviously this could be a good thing if backed up with plans for a great platform.

- Negative trust points for using a photo of somebody posing on a private jet to demonstrate his success. Cringeworthy.

- Supporting untraceable payments causes enormous legal problems given that Electroneum are UK based and keep mentioning their links to big names in the city. Our project wasn't even allowed through the door of a UK bank until we removed untraceable payments from our code.

- The whitepaper is 95% showing off about features that have been reused from other projects. Very little new stuff in there. All feels very 2015 to me.

I'm genuinely struggling to find what the USP of this platform is, apart from being heavily marketed.

I am watching with genuine interest with how this is going to go.  Marketing will only carry it for so long.  I wish them well, as it clearly isn't a scam.  However, I get the feeling that this project will have to stop being all mouth and no trousers at some point if it is going to succeed long term.  If it does fail, which I think is more likely than not (hardly an unfair comment seeing as 80% of ICOs fail) it will do more damage to crypto than good given the efforts they have made to attract adoption outside of the usual crypto investors.

it is $40 millions collected to fork a coin and promise mobile wallet.    This is beyond stupidity that is now happening. It is a scam because coins will be worth nothing. It is not a scam because it is written for everyone to see that coins will be worth nothing. but idiots just throw money to them.

This is what was "dot com bubble". Those that thinks Bitcoin will have a huge bubble that will pop are so wrong. Bitcoin never will, but crap like this have no other option.
happyqq

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:09:47 PM

ETHCONNECT ICO THIS IS HUGE -THE ETHEREUM VERSION OF BITCONNECT

https://ethconnect.net/ref/happyqq
Blackfurysm

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:11:01 PM

As far as I know there will be no Coin kept for the team.

Gany

I think it's not a good sign  Angry looks like a scam..
kheysha

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Swarm Token Sale begins on September 7th at 16:00

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:18:37 PM

No scam, we just hit the 40 million hard cap 11 days early with a record 310,000 registered users, now you can get in when we hit exchanges on Nov 1st
extraordinary. hardcap successfully achieved.
I think electroneum will be a popular coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: