Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:28:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:59:11 AM

can i log in again on the electroneum website with my email and password and see if the token are still there and were not stolen ?
or is it not possible yet? I do not dare sign in there without releasing

You can login to their site. Just reset your password. I've logged in dozens of times on both the website and mobile app hoping I can already transfer my ICO purchase. But alas..

The aggressive marketing really fooled a lot of people including me. Electroneum is a joke. It's only a fork of Monero and the electroneum developers can't even fix a simple wallet.

Either they are extremely incompetent or they are just greedy pigs who are dumping their pre-mined electroneum before everyone else can.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
SLB Vm

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:04:10 AM

Its has beem proven this is no scam.

Proven by who exactly, have you been summoned yet to the regulator? or will that be the next thing that happens?

And if it were to one day be "proven" it isn't a scam, you'd only be proving that the team do not have a clue what they're doing.

Not so great is it. Don't bother defending a sinking ship, you'd only look like a fool.
Crptotradr

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:08:24 AM

A quick look into Richard Ells' other companies on Companies House (UK company registry) shows that none of them make enough money to have to file detailed accounts.  Every single one of them.

He lied to everyone from the beginning.
Crptotradr

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:23:21 AM

A quick look into Richard Ells' other companies on Companies House (UK company registry) shows that none of them make enough money to have to file detailed accounts.  Every single one of them.

This means 1 of 2 things, neither are good:
- He lied about the success of his companies (it was even questioned in the Financial Times)
- He is good at hiding money offshore (his so called profits)

If it's the latter I wonder where the ICO funds will be funneled to.  Either way both situations are bad situations for ICO backers.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:37:24 AM

can i log in again on the electroneum website with my email and password and see if the token are still there and were not stolen ?
or is it not possible yet? I do not dare sign in there without releasing

You can login to their site. Just reset your password. I've logged in dozens of times on both the website and mobile app hoping I can already transfer my ICO purchase. But alas..

The aggressive marketing really fooled a lot of people including me. Electroneum is a joke. It's only a fork of Monero and the electroneum developers can't even fix a simple wallet.

Either they are extremely incompetent or they are just greedy pigs who are dumping their pre-mined electroneum before everyone else can.

Hmmmm.  with me then comes this picture

quarl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:42:14 AM

This means 1 of 2 things, neither are good:
- He lied about the success of his companies (it was even questioned in the Financial Times)
- He is good at hiding money offshore (his so called profits)

If it's the latter I wonder where the ICO funds will be funneled to.  Either way both situations are bad situations for ICO backers.

To be quite frankly, I agree with your worst case analysis, it would be a third hypothesis about the team's manifest incompetence in dealing with the overwhelming success of the fundraising campaign.
In any case, we just have to wait a little while to see what happens.
DarkPsyd

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:59:29 AM

The problem I see with much of the ICO space is that the people investing are often times not even savvy investors and the people running the ICO's run the gamut of being professionals to professional scammers. On the investing side, it's often times a bunch of kids that own zero other investments whether it be stocks, mutual funds, real estate, businesses, etc. They throw their money at hype and like lemmings, simply invest in what is getting the most attention, often times getting their info from their favorite youtube pump and dumper who get more coins themselves by having their followers click their referral links. They then turn around, sell their tokens and move on to the next pump and dump. Cryto currency and ICOs are the wild west. There's little to no regulation and very few safety nets for investors. If people don't know how to do their own research on a particular coin or token, and are unable to analyze what they're even investing in, they should come back at a later date when they do.

As for electroneum, I found the whitepaper questionable. The whole catch to this particular ICO was the mobile mining. Upon further inspection of that claim I saw that the miner was "virtual" which was suspect to me immediately. Virtual mining to me sounded identical to just turning on a printing press and printing out fiat currency. Again, marketing. That was simply to create hype. Will that miner eventually put coins into people's wallets? Yeah, probably but so what. If they take zero actual hash power to create, then their overall value will reflect that.

The second thing was the amount of coins. 21 billion is a lot of damn coins. I'm not saying thats a deal breaker, but from the whole "virtual mining experience" to the max supply of minable coins, I don't think the people behind this project really understand the crypto space. I think despite owning whatever other companies the CEO owns in Britain (and the profits of those companies have been brought into question multiple times thus far), when it comes to the whole blockchain and crypto space, these people are amateurs.

Admittedly I threw a total of $30 at this, give or take, big deal. I do however know others who threw in tens of thousands and higher on other forums. After analyzing the project myself I just didn't have much faith. I appreciated the idea of mass adoption by 2.2 billion smart phone users and all, but I didn't think the team behind that idea would be able to execute it properly. I unfortunately think they bit off more than they could chew here, but hey I hope I'm wrong. I hope the coin does find adoption somewhere and that it brings crypto to the masses. I just doubt that will ever happen given what we've seen thus far. At the end of the day, at least its not Paragon coin lol.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:18:40 AM

I don't understand how people can be put off that easily. Electroneum is still a great project and one of the few where mass adoption is being addressed in a very creative way. The mobile mining experience is basically a marketing thing to hook people on. The max number of decimals is two which also isn't a necessity but a creative feature because people are putt of by paying like 0.000000023 shitcoins for their coffee. The blockchain itself is state of the art in that it allows anonymous transactions and has high transaction speeds. I see a lot of good things.

The security precautions, of course, should have been thought of way before the blockchain went live. It's surely not the typical ICO-experience where the investors can sell a share of their coins in the first few hours at high prices and then buy back when the price comes down again. With the price being now only around twice the ICO-price, all the people that missed out on the ICO can buy ETN for long-term at a very cheap rate. Usually, when you miss the ICO, you pay much more for the good coins. I personally would have loved selling a batch of my coins at 23x the ICO price within the first hours of trading and keep the rest for long-term. But the fact that this chance is missed due to the security precautions doesn't make ETN a shitcoin or a scam.

I totally agree with this. Investors should understand their investments. It seems that most of the people who bought Electroneum were just carried away to invest because it was the talk of the town and now they are crying because they cannot sell it on their expected price. It is only normal that the price of coin will drop few hours or days after the coin was introduced to exchange sites due to massive dumpers. Just HODL your coins and believe on it. Wait and have patience.
Crptotradr

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:29:14 AM

I don't understand how people can be put off that easily. Electroneum is still a great project and one of the few where mass adoption is being addressed in a very creative way. The mobile mining experience is basically a marketing thing to hook people on. The max number of decimals is two which also isn't a necessity but a creative feature because people are putt of by paying like 0.000000023 shitcoins for their coffee. The blockchain itself is state of the art in that it allows anonymous transactions and has high transaction speeds. I see a lot of good things.

The security precautions, of course, should have been thought of way before the blockchain went live. It's surely not the typical ICO-experience where the investors can sell a share of their coins in the first few hours at high prices and then buy back when the price comes down again. With the price being now only around twice the ICO-price, all the people that missed out on the ICO can buy ETN for long-term at a very cheap rate. Usually, when you miss the ICO, you pay much more for the good coins. I personally would have loved selling a batch of my coins at 23x the ICO price within the first hours of trading and keep the rest for long-term. But the fact that this chance is missed due to the security precautions doesn't make ETN a shitcoin or a scam.

I totally agree with this. Investors should understand their investments. It seems that most of the people who bought Electroneum were just carried away to invest because it was the talk of the town and now they are crying because they cannot sell it on their expected price. It is only normal that the price of coin will drop few hours or days after the coin was introduced to exchange sites due to massive dumpers. Just HODL your coins and believe on it. Wait and have patience.

They should also do their homework on the false claims by the founder.  His "successful" companies are anything but.
Lexi Jane

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:39:46 AM

I suggest that you need first to know the altcoins you want to buy, for you not repent later. Nowadays, several altcoins are deceiving the crypto market, so we must doublecheck the sites and their project as well.
Madeoffire

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:22:21 PM

The team is pretty good, so I will recommend to you to invest Smiley . Always look at the team, pal. They are the ones who are important
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:22:55 PM

I don't know if it is a scam or not but here you have a video of 3 november explaining what's going on....from the video it doesn't seem to be scam
https://www.facebook.com/afzal.ahmed83/videos/10214401757178878
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 12:23:55 PM

HAHAHAHHAHA

you noobs and your empty IT systems, how often do i have to tell you not to gamble with those?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/electroneum/

when will we see electroneum reaching 2 cent barrier?

HAHAHAHA   Grin Grin Grin Grin

barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:08:20 PM

I did a research already and it's not a scam.

SLB Vm

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:57:23 PM

You seem very sure of it.

Would you mind sharing your "research" with the world?
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 04:05:38 PM

whats the use of this?

the market currently consideres Scam and Failure to be the same

regards

Cathootoon

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:07:24 AM

whats the use of this?

regards
Yes,I totally agree with you.It is a Scam and Failure.
celobr32

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:00:04 AM

whats the use of this?

regards
Yes,I totally agree with you.It is a Scam and Failure.

How scam is being traded on Cryptopia and being mined via Claymore Cryptonote
charles62769

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:16:27 AM

Electronium is a rip off to investors. First you don't have a wallet up and running before applying for the exchange the exchange you do sell on is some hole in the wall that's not mainstream I registered for Crytopia and I'm still waiting for a confirmation email since this morning. The wallets don't work, you say you are afraid of hackers if you didn't have the know how to make a safe one then you should have stayed in your mom's basement. And the thing that hurts is that these crooks are selling the coins themselves and telling me that it's miners I mined for six hours got 0.20 cents And the volume that's being sold is not from miners but pre mined tokens. These are the kind of people that stink up the crypto space
coyote50

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 05:52:28 AM

Electronium is a rip off to investors. First you don't have a wallet up and running before applying for the exchange the exchange you do sell on is some hole in the wall that's not mainstream I registered for Crytopia and I'm still waiting for a confirmation email since this morning. The wallets don't work, you say you are afraid of hackers if you didn't have the know how to make a safe one then you should have stayed in your mom's basement. And the thing that hurts is that these crooks are selling the coins themselves and telling me that it's miners I mined for six hours got 0.20 cents And the volume that's being sold is not from miners but pre mined tokens. These are the kind of people that stink up the crypto space

Those ARE the miners selling. I've sold a total of about 1500 mined coins. The difficulty was a lot lower in the beginning so that's where a majority of the coins sold came from
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: