Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:11:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🔵 LATOKEN - Multi-Asset Trading Platform 🔵  (Read 307537 times)
panteraforlife

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:52:42 AM

If i use LAT to buy Google for example, what will be given to me to confirm that I am a Shareholder of Google?
You buy not a Google share, but LABT backed with a Google share. So technically you aren't a shareholder.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
monsterdoge

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:17:05 AM

What difference between LAT, LATP and LABT?
panteraforlife

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:22:43 AM

LATP just is a previous version of LAT token. For first presale. All of LATP was transformed into LAT with a 1 LATP = 3000 LAT rate at the end of the 1 sale round.
jiapetz

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:25:17 AM

As far as I know LAT is the main company token, LATP is a token for pre-sale. LABT - i don't know
panteraforlife

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:27:44 AM

As far as I know LAT is the main company token, LATP is a token for pre-sale. LABT - i don't know

Liquid asset-backed tokens (LABT) are the tokens issued at the LAT platform to allow fractional ownership of assets sold at the LAT platform. LABT are issued on the Ethereum platform by means of the ERC20 smart contract. A third-party Trustee will hold the actual asset and retain the seller’s option to buy back the asset from the LABT holders at market price on the settlement date. If the seller refuses to exercise the option, the asset will be sold at fiat auction by the trustee and LABT holders are entitled to receive their corresponding share of the proceeds.
panteraforlife

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:28:28 AM

There are also special LABT tokens, there are issued for every specific iten tokenized on the platform. For example an hotel in NY would have it's tokens by the name - LABTHOTELNY1 and a resort in Brussels would have it's tokens  named - LABTRESORTBRUS1.
jiapetz

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:32:04 AM

Liquid asset-backed tokens (LABT) are the tokens issued at the LAT platform to allow fractional ownership of assets sold at the LAT platform. LABT are issued on the Ethereum platform by means of the ERC20 smart contract. A third-party Trustee will hold the actual asset and retain the seller’s option to buy back the asset from the LABT holders at market price on the settlement date. If the seller refuses to exercise the option, the asset will be sold at fiat auction by the trustee and LABT holders are entitled to receive their corresponding share of the proceeds.
They will be available for trading on the exchange as LAT?
panteraforlife

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:49:24 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 11:00:06 AM by panteraforlife

They will be available for trading on the exchange as LAT?
No. LABT - special unique token. Can be traded only on LAToken platform.
monsterdoge

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:12:11 AM

Will LAToken distribute tokens to MEW automatically?
gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:14:21 AM

Will LAToken distribute tokens to MEW automatically?
No.
Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 11:26:16 AM

If i use LAT to buy Google for example, what will be given to me to confirm that I am a Shareholder of Google?
You buy not a Google share, but LABT backed with a Google share. So technically you aren't a shareholder.
So it is like a CFD?
panteraforlife

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:53:45 AM

So it is like a CFD?
Something like that.
monsterdoge

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:11:21 PM

Can you explain it more simply?
panteraforlife

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:16:03 PM

Can you explain it more simply?
The property is assessed in LABT, then investors purchase LABT with their LAT. On the settlement date, the tokenizer buys LABT back at the market price. Wink
panteraforlife

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:20:51 PM

Just read White Paper more closely for information: https://sale.latoken.com/whitepaper. It's written simply and clearly, with easy infographics.
gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:27:17 PM

If i want to buy an artwork and own it in my hands. Does LAT or LABT tokens give me this possibilty directly or before to own this commodity should I pass through the classic middlemans/bureaucrats like accountant/lawyer/notary?
panteraforlife

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:36:04 PM

If i want to buy an artwork and own it in my hands. Does LAT or LABT tokens give me this possibilty directly or before to own this commodity should I pass through the classic middlemans/bureaucrats like accountant/lawyer/notary?
No. Tokenized​ equity​ works​ like​ forward​ -​ tokens​ are​ bought​ back​ at​ the​ settlement​ date​ at​ theprice​ equal​ to​ the​ price​ of​ underlying​ asset, so you don't claim the full ownership on it in the way you imply.
monsterdoge

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:47:39 PM

If i understand it correctly, LAToken main aim is to reduce transaction costs as much as possible and diversifing asset classes. Or something more?
kerhso (OP)

Activity: 284

🌟 LAToken ICO - August 22, 2017 🌟

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:23:14 PM

Is it  labeled as security?

No, LAT is not a security according to Howey test
Can you please explain in detail? It seems to me that it fails on almost every point. Would appreciate hearing a break-down.
Why do you think so?
The four points of the Howey Test:
- Is it an investment of money? Yes.
- Is there an expectation of profits from the investment? ICO buyers are buying LAT knowing that the token is backed by real assets, not purchasing for anything other than a financial gain.
- Is the investment of money in a common enterprise? Yes, per the broad vertical definition of a common enterprise. "The investors are dependent upon the expertise or efforts of the investment promoter for their returns."
- Are profits coming from the efforts of a promoter or third party? Bounty program, staged discounts, etc. can fit into this category - when the end-user buys at a 15% discount from the efforts of a third party (BTT signature), they're going to be able to profit easier/differently than the market. Not quite kosher.

Other red flags:
- In practice, does this idea make any sense? The "how it works" section seems to indicate that I, an asset owner, could effectively take out a mortgage on my asset (trading part of it/all of it on the exchange for $) and then effectively "buy it back" later. But with the likely shift in value of the token, how do I know what it'll cost to buy it back? It's possible that I sell half of my $500k USD house for 1000 LAT (round number for the sake of simplicity), then watch the value of 1000 LAT go from $250k USD to $1m USD. That's what I have to pay, or the custodian will auction it off? Just seems like a reckless thing to do as an asset owner. What makes this better than working with a traditional bank?
- The token sale distribution seems staged for serious market manipulation. 20% for the vague "network growth" doesn't give me confidence that the organization will allow the markets to behave normally. If I put up an asset, seems like it will be easy for the organization to pump or deflate the price to influence my ability to buy it back, while they are able to auction it off for fiat.
- Heavy time-based incentives mean that people's cost-basis for LAT is low (and all over the map), meaning that those who actually participate in the system are subject to likely downward market activity. Short term, I would expect manipulation to the downside while the organization collects real-life, hard assets.
- The Inc. press link is broken.
- The HuffPost link is to the contributor network, isn't actually a real HuffPo post. (Anyone can do this.)

Hi! Good questions! I'll forward it to our lawyers and post answer here

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kerhso (OP)

Activity: 284

🌟 LAToken ICO - August 22, 2017 🌟

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:25:35 PM

LAToken bounty campaign is over, check your emails, our bounty manager will contact you.

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: