Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:09:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🔵 LATOKEN - Multi-Asset Trading Platform 🔵  (Read 307539 times)
armaan56

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:11:22 PM

OK, seems legit enough. But still each government may have its own view on the cryptocurrency market, however prospective it turns out to be. How LAToken will deal with local legislatures?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« CoiNuŧ.com  The Only BTCitcoin Options Exchange  »Secure« »Fast« »Fair« »Minimum trade 0.01 BTC«»»»»
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:16:03 PM

OK, seems legit enough. But still each government may have its own view on the cryptocurrency market, however prospective it turns out to be. How LAToken will deal with local legislatures?
As far as I know, they will consult with their trustees on that. Since trustees are residents of the respective countries, they will make sure that tokenization of assets complies with the national law.
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:24:23 PM

I tend to believe that the governments worldwide will sooner or later recognize the cryptocurrency market. By reducing the expenses such models as LAToken's greatly contribute to the development of economy.

armaan56

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:37:51 PM

I tend to believe that the governments worldwide will sooner or later recognize the cryptocurrency market. By reducing the expenses such models as LAToken's greatly contribute to the development of economy.
I am not so sure about that. It's a question of the national security first of all.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« CoiNuŧ.com  The Only BTCitcoin Options Exchange  »Secure« »Fast« »Fair« »Minimum trade 0.01 BTC«»»»»
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:45:54 PM

I am not so sure about that. It's a question of the national security first of all.
Depends on how do you define the security. Doesn't it depend on economic wealth of the citizens?

armaan56

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:53:16 PM

Depends on how do you define the security. Doesn't it depend on economic wealth of the citizens?
Sure, that's the human security concept. But still cryptocurrency could be used in purposes of money laundering and financing illegal activities. Will LAToken be able to control that somehow?

badman74

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:58:19 PM

Sure, that's the human security concept. But still cryptocurrency could be used in purposes of money laundering and financing illegal activities. Will LAToken be able to control that somehow?
They for sure will. There's a quote from the WP:
In  order  to  ensure  that  our  services  are  not  utilized  by  unwanted  and  illegal  elements  to further their illegal motives, we intend to facilitate our operations by means of (i) obtaining sufficient  information  about  our  clients  and  verifying  customer  identity;  (ii)  conducting ongoing  due  diligence  of  assets  tradable  on  the  LAT platform;  (iii)  highlighting  suspicious customers and operations.
armaan56

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:56:51 PM

Why does the photo of Ismail Malik looks computerized?

badman74

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:01:55 PM

It's the photo from his LinkedIn profile. You could see the profiles of team members by clicking on their photos.
armaan56

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:05:30 PM

It's the photo from his LinkedIn profile. You could see the profiles of team members by clicking on their photos.
OK, i see it now. Thanks.

Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:36:41 PM

following Smiley

panteraforlife

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:04:49 PM

following Smiley
You want to see the beginning of third round tomorrow too? Smiley
monsterdoge

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:12:02 PM

What will the bonus structure for tomorrow?
andrewjchapin

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 09:16:43 PM

Is it  labeled as security?

No, LAT is not a security according to Howey test
Can you please explain in detail? It seems to me that it fails on almost every point. Would appreciate hearing a break-down.
monsterdoge

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:11:49 PM

Is it  labeled as security?

Can you please explain in detail? It seems to me that it fails on almost every point. Would appreciate hearing a break-down.
Why do you think so?
panteraforlife

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:45:15 PM

Is it  labeled as security?
Can you please explain in detail?
Accordingly, LAT are available for purchase in order to access the LAT platform and to access investment opportunities available thereon. LAT are not to be purchased with a view to profit on potential appreciation of LAT themselves. LAT do not represent an investment contract in the LAT Platform. They do not represent a common enterprise as the LAT platform is already operational prio investor’s investment. LAT do not represent an investment contracts with an expectation of profits from the entrepreneurial or managerial efforts of others. All investments decisions are made directly by the holder of LAT, independent of other holders of LAT or the Management of the LAT platform.
andrewjchapin

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 10:59:24 PM

Is it  labeled as security?

Why do you think so?
The four points of the Howey Test:
- Is it an investment of money? Yes.
- Is there an expectation of profits from the investment? ICO buyers are buying LAT knowing that the token is backed by real assets, not purchasing for anything other than a financial gain.
- Is the investment of money in a common enterprise? Yes, per the broad vertical definition of a common enterprise. "The investors are dependent upon the expertise or efforts of the investment promoter for their returns."
- Are profits coming from the efforts of a promoter or third party? Bounty program, staged discounts, etc. can fit into this category - when the end-user buys at a 15% discount from the efforts of a third party (BTT signature), they're going to be able to profit easier/differently than the market. Not quite kosher.

Other red flags:
- In practice, does this idea make any sense? The "how it works" section seems to indicate that I, an asset owner, could effectively take out a mortgage on my asset (trading part of it/all of it on the exchange for $) and then effectively "buy it back" later. But with the likely shift in value of the token, how do I know what it'll cost to buy it back? It's possible that I sell half of my $500k USD house for 1000 LAT (round number for the sake of simplicity), then watch the value of 1000 LAT go from $250k USD to $1m USD. That's what I have to pay, or the custodian will auction it off? Just seems like a reckless thing to do as an asset owner. What makes this better than working with a traditional bank?
- The token sale distribution seems staged for serious market manipulation. 20% for the vague "network growth" doesn't give me confidence that the organization will allow the markets to behave normally. If I put up an asset, seems like it will be easy for the organization to pump or deflate the price to influence my ability to buy it back, while they are able to auction it off for fiat.
- Heavy time-based incentives mean that people's cost-basis for LAT is low (and all over the map), meaning that those who actually participate in the system are subject to likely downward market activity. Short term, I would expect manipulation to the downside while the organization collects real-life, hard assets.
- The Inc. press link is broken.
- The HuffPost link is to the contributor network, isn't actually a real HuffPo post. (Anyone can do this.)
monsterdoge

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:03:04 PM

Can US residents participate somehow?
monsterdoge

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:06:52 PM

Andrewjchapin, thanks.
gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:12:07 PM

Can US residents participate somehow?
Yes, they can purchase LAT. But they can only use LAT as utility tokens, to buy other cryptotokens, not backed by real assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: