Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:19:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] [NaPoleonX] 1st 🌟French🌟 algorithmic crypto asset manager 🚀  (Read 70116 times)
KryptoKings (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:22:42 AM

The current scenario accurately reflects the great usefulness and application of this concept, the lack of control by inexperienced and anxious people during devaluation, shows that the bots of this project will be very useful and will allow us to have more control and profits in those moments. An excellent investment for our future investments Wink
Maybe :/ im kind a sad if bots be only way we will be able to trade Cheesy whats the fun then ? if everything is going by AI? off course the profits will be grater but still .. i will miss the human factor ,to bad its inevitable and sooner or later AI will concur the exchanges so i try to hop in now Smiley

Indeed, algorithmic / systematic trading has taken bigger market share in the traditional universe and rightly so given the poor performance of most discretionary asset managers. However designing a trading bot require some skills and there is plenty of research to be made in this area. But it is true that not everyone has the capacity to design performing bots.

Regarding AI, this is only one way to develop a bot and it is very promising. We find this very challenging and exiting and believe that early adopters will be the one reaping future profits.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:27:42 AM

The current scenario accurately reflects the great usefulness and application of this concept, the lack of control by inexperienced and anxious people during devaluation, shows that the bots of this project will be very useful and will allow us to have more control and profits in those moments. An excellent investment for our future investments Wink
Maybe :/ im kind a sad if bots be only way we will be able to trade Cheesy whats the fun then ? if everything is going by AI? off course the profits will be grater but still .. i will miss the human factor ,to bad its inevitable and sooner or later AI will concur the exchanges so i try to hop in now Smiley

The thing is that I'm a bad trader because I'm too emotional. And, I can't think straight in dips so, bots can help me.

Tell me about it. whenever I see the market crash,  my impulse is to go and sell everything. Luckily the "hodl" guys keep me from doing it.

Because we've been there more than 15 years ago, we are proposing this project. We are trying to save everyone sometime in their trading experience.
http://www.fxtradermagazine.com/trading-psychology/how-to-eliminate-emotions-from-trading-2.php
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:30:51 AM

looks very promising project. whats total supply of tokens and price of token?

We have set a min cap @25,000 ETH for having enough resources to kick start this project with a target @40,000 ETH. However, we have not capped our ICO at this level just in case we get much bigger support, which would enable us to be more ambitious regarding our development plans. The formal cap will be set @100,000 ETH with a hidden cap below to give an incentive for potential investors to join early as oppose to late in our ICO.

We have decided to communicate on our needs in ETH as opposed to USD like everyone else do as we believe that's the right way to do it given our objectives to manage crypto assets.

Thats a big min cap nowadays.
Really hope this cap is will be reached very fast and we not have to wait until the last moment...

I'm convienced in this project and I hope a lot will follow.
Keep it up devs!

The advantage of running a greenlist is to get some indications on potential investor appetite. The trend has been quite good on this front and we're on target to achieve this target before the presale starts (10th October). We can close it anytime before this date if we have enough commitment.

Just heads up on greenlist/whitelist contribution commitment. A few recent ICOs have experienced that less than 20% of commited funds actualy was put on the table.

We are conscious that as long as we are not asking people to actually commit the money, these are just promises. However, this is a way for us to gauge market interest in our project and to offer these early people to get a bigger bonus should they decide to finally commit to our ICO. And thank you for sharing this statistic.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:33:59 AM

I've noticed different exchanges behave differently with volatility for the same trading pair. In particular Bittrex seems to enlarge movements. Do the trading bots take such differences in behavior into account?

Actually, after following the trades on Bittrex closely I think there are already bots active there. During the rally much higher prices, on the way back down from a peak systematically lower prices than other exchanges. Would be interesting to see NaPoleonX go head to head with them.

The bots we have developed are very low frequency and might not react like the one that are already in place. We have developed trend following bots on crypto but we want to avoid over trading given the high trading cost.

We also have a lot of algos on traditional assets where we would not suffer any such behavior. The idea that we have is to bring back performance generated in this traditional world back to the crypto universe which will also contribute to its development.

From which markets and commodities are your background and vs. the ones you will target with algo?

We have managed structured funds which main assets were made of fixed income, forex and equity products. We used both delta one and derivatives to build our portfolios. However, as self learner, I have also traded a lot gold and silver and have run funds on commodities and real estate.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:36:36 AM

Hi, i didnt get the part where it states that the bots are running on gas and 85% of it, is paid to the token holders who selected the bots.

Could you clarify what the gas is in your psroject? some kind of performance value? Or just a cost you define?

Quite impressed by your team btw.

Good question. While reading the whitepaper I was confused with the gas here. I was thinking about either it is the ether gas or it is the coin GAS, but I think it can't be.

I am not sure but i understand it like these: When bot makes a move for you, it gets a little fee everytime. And they are calling it GAS. But of course they will explain it without doubt.
You can see your TX fee (gas limit * gas price) in ETH & USD when you search for your transaction on etherscan.io. This is not a TX fee that MyEtherWallet, or any other service provider, receives. This fee is paid to miners for mining transactions, putting them into blocks, and securing the blockchain.
The total cost of a transaction (the "TX fee") is the Gas Limit * Gas Price.
Typically, if someone just says "Gas", they are talking about the "Gas Limit".

I always though GAS was a small amount of ether, also called gwei. Is that what investors are getting?

No there is definitively a confusion with our Gas concept and we will change it. Here the gas = 25% of positive performance paid by the DAFs for having the right to use a performing bots. This is some kind of energy that is requested to make the DAF work. Any idea about rebranding is welcome. Someone mentioned oil.

My vote for a new term would be Spark . A Spark to activate the trading bots  Cheesy Great to see you guys are engaging so well with the community btw.

We might even launch a contest for replacing this "gas" term. Need to think about a prize money o make it fun.

Yes please! I am in with OIL, Korsakopf with Sparks and maybe we can get some others to think about a good term for it Cheesy And a contest would be great marketing for you guys Smiley

We need to organize a creativity session on our side to come up with some ideas that we would propose to our community. We definitively will put oil and sparks on the list, and give you copyrights on these ones !!!
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:43:45 AM

The thing is that I'm a bad trader because I'm too emotional. And, I can't think straight in dips so, bots can help me.

Tell me about it. whenever I see the market crash,  my impulse is to go and sell everything. Luckily the "hodl" guys keep me from doing it.

Right brother that what keeps me motivated. But, it's too much stress and I want to get rid of it. NaPoleonX might help.
In the future this AIs will get better and better we will have no chance to compete against them so I think this project will be a great success if they manage to get it working.

I dont know if they will deploy ai/Deep Learning technology for their bots. I asked this question earlier in the thread but it is unanswered. As of now I consider the strategies and bots as simple rule based trading execution management (and low freq).

We have not developed AI / Deep learning yet even though we have all what we need to do so in our team given the background of Stefan, our CTO, Arnaud and myself. For the moment, our bots are market timing tools developed on closing prices mainly and providing low frequency trading signals.

Having worked on a lot of complex data project, we know very well that to run AI / Deep Learning bots, you need to have first class datasets and this is a very valuable and difficult to acquire asset. We have already started to build our own database and will dedicate a decent size of our budget to build this further as this is our raw material. This is tougher than anyone thinks and that is why firm like Bloomberg and Reuters have developed huge business.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:45:51 AM

The concept seems to be very good, however there are a lot of people who don't understand it very well.
Could it be possible that the team makes a video where all the concepts are explained a la for dummies style ? Smiley

We know that we need to work on pedagogy as the concept that we are manipulating are not all mainstream. Maybe with the help of the bounty program, we could get some help on this front. But we put this on our to do list.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:48:35 AM

The concept seems to be very good, however there are a lot of people who don't understand it very well.
Could it be possible that the team makes a video where all the concepts are explained a la for dummies style ? Smiley

We know that we need to work on pedagogy as the concept that we are manipulating are not all mainstream. Maybe with the help of the bounty program, we could get some help on this front. But we put this on our to do list.

Bounty is a nice way to reach crypto crowd but, sidewise you should do some yt videos where it will be easy for people less involved in crypto to understand it's concept.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:49:37 AM

lol that's probably a feeling everyone of us has but then the bot's will get really useful, unemotional trade army who will get you wins in this situation Cheesy
You can't win all the time but with bots you can win most of the time. Protect seems like good investment opportunity

Bots are like professional poker players: they are using statistic to earn money. One one hand, they get raw signals to take on a position. And then there are using money management techniques to know how much to bet. And this is really a combination of these two elements that allow you to design performing bots. We have one or 2 other tricks such as using filters for market timing signal we are getting and reduce trading hence risk.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:52:28 AM

I would propose the team to have a look into how cindicator built their telegram community over time, from only a hundred members when i joined to 3k+ today, looking at their as a best practice would work good for Napoleon imo

We are completely aware that one of our biggest challenge is to build our community fast now in order to make this ICO a success. Thank you for the advice on Cindicator. We will look into this.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:58:14 AM

I've noticed different exchanges behave differently with volatility for the same trading pair. In particular Bittrex seems to enlarge movements. Do the trading bots take such differences in behavior into account?

Most of the bots that have been developed work on traditional assets so are not sensitive to crypto exchange behavior. However, bots that we have developed or the one that might be developed in the future might try to benefit from these behavior. This is however not the case today.

There was not any try on cryptocurrencies with a trading bot in development to test some algorythms ?

Yes we have one that regularly switch from BTC to USD on a weekly basis and that has beaten a simple buy and hold position by more than 100% on an annual basis with a dozens or so trade per year.

Well, that's a great news. Thank you for the information.

Do you have some private investor which are interested and contacted you ?

Seems like the kind of project which could really interest some whales.

We have indeed started to initiate conversations with some big guns but have not concluded any deal yet. We are using the conf we are attending to build this momentum and try to close deal. Of course we would make some announcements should we do so. W definitively have their ears though.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:05:21 AM

Hello, what is the hidden cap standing for?
Need some explanation about the hidden cap and hardcap  Smiley

This hidden cap concept has been used a few time and is an incentive for investors to not wait until the very last moment to participate in a successful ICO otherwise you would risk to be left on the sideline if reached before you are in. The harcap, is just to reassure that we are not trying to raise too high an amount otherwise I would put the hidden cap at 1,000,000 ETH which would be misleading on our objectives.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:08:59 AM

If you have a lot of questions you can join the slack and the telegram. The team is very active and answer all the question we have. Its rare to have a team active like that in social media platform. NapoleonX team have a very great communication. Its pretty important and for the future of the project an investors like that.

Had a look in telegram yesterday, agree in full, but I also claim that they need to build it bigger (Quick). How many members in slack?

Our Slack community has 324 members and growing. We have also worked on building our project awareness on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube ... We are completely aware that this is a critical component of our future success.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:12:19 AM

Will the opportunity be realized that the trading bot should follow the strategy of selected successful traders? If, for example, does an investor find it difficult to determine a strategy for trading?

We try develop bots that are not followers of other recommendations but that are forming their own trading decisions. We believe in the power of data and on our ability to separate true signals from noise. However, there will never be only one way to make money in any given market.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:20:01 AM

What makes this algorithmic better than several other algorithmic based ICOs.

1. we are not promoting one algo but a library of those, so you would be benefiting from a diversification effect
2. most of our bots currently work on traditional assets where liquidity is ample and results much more robust given that data are much more reliable and trading cost very well contained
3. our simple BTC vs USD with only a dozen of trade per year, has outperformed the simple buy and hold BTC vs USD since BTC started trading. And we are only warming up
4. we have build a team that is not only to execute the current strategies but also to design plenty of new ones in the futures thanks to our long background in the financial industry
5. we are building an infrastructure around data from scratch as this is the key elements for building a long lasting business in algo trading
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:23:31 AM

Is there NaPoleonX have roadshows something like that. if they have then they sould make videos and picture and share on social media like youtube FB TW ETC. that is good more for this project.

We are effectively on a roadshow currently. We were at the ICO Summit in Zurich last friday. The coming events are:
1. meetup organized by the Asseth in Paris on Sept 20
2. speaker at the World Bloclchain Forum on Sept 25-26
3. speaker at the Blockchain Forum in Barcelona on oct 3-5
4. another meetup in Paris mid oct

You are really working i can say that. These are very prestigious events.

By the way, i love to see when i open the thread, lots of explanation came from the team.

KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:24:36 AM

The project developers took part in the conference in Zurich yesterday.
https://icosummit.ch/zurich-2017/napoleonx/

Photo from telegram chanel:

They do the right thing. more people should know about it
very nice photo continue you are on the right path team,we are with you...

Can someone from the team tell me a bit about what the reactions/interest/attendance of the crowd on NapoleonX are on these conferences?

Conference are interesting as you meet a lot of people interested to know more about what is going on and ready to do business. During this ZUrich conference, we were able to connect with BitCoin Swiss that have contributed greatly to large ICOs and enable to raise funds outside the crypto universe. We have also been able to discuss with Coin Telegraph and ICO Crowd who have written an article on our project. We have also been able to connect with some big investors.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:29:01 AM

Right brother that what keeps me motivated. But, it's too much stress and I want to get rid of it. NaPoleonX might help.
In the future this AIs will get better and better we will have no chance to compete against them so I think this project will be a great success if they manage to get it working.

Looking at the market trends I need NaPoleonX more than ever. It's too unstable and too fast for me to take a decision.

Will NapoleonX start with crypto bots as well? Thought the first bots were mainly for trading on traditional markets

It is true that most of our existing library has been built on traditional assets but we have also presented one bot in our Blackpaper that trade BTC vs USD, which could be implemented using BTC vs a stable USD coin. This is only a start for us and we will develop plenty of strategies on these crypto assets as we believe the market is not very mature so old model develops decades ago in the traditional space should work extremely well ...
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:33:19 AM

Looking at the market trends I need NaPoleonX more than ever. It's too unstable and too fast for me to take a decision.

Will NapoleonX start with crypto bots as well? Thought the first bots were mainly for trading on traditional markets

The project is aiming for crypto bots.

Great! thought this was just an ambition further into the future as crypto trading is a whole different world from the 'traditional' trading the Napoleon guys are used to.

That's true but they want to enter the crypto market, that's one of the reasons why they raise money through a ICO.

True, but it's of course also because they want to use the blockchain in combination with smart contracts as a rail for their payment system.

You are right: the use of blockchain technology is very important for as. Arnaud has developed the Proof of Stake concept and written a Medium article on this subject. https://medium.com/proof-of-performance/proof-of-performance-blockchain-applied-to-trading-6e30404a9754. We want to find use case in the business world to contribute to the development of this promising techno and spread a revolution.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:42:39 AM

The proper projects still get their funding, it's just that now there are so many ones. 6 months ago there were like 2 per month, no it's 10 per week. Of course they can't all sell out (fast). And most of them are shit anyway.

I think with the right amount of marketing NapoleonX its project is good enough to receive the amount of funding they need.

More like 10 a day Smiley. And a lot of shitty onces!
NapoleonX is getting the right marketing, showing there faces on expos, interviews on youtube, ...

Dont like the design of the website but its a great platform Smiley
Hope they will hire a great designer team.

I'm a huge fan of there idea!

You're right, that's all stuff that can be arranged afterwards. Unfortunately devs aren't designers.  Smiley

Most devs aren't designer, so some could do a good job, but we don't know if this is the case, meanwhile, the project is getting traction, more so with the marketing and the apparition of the team in expos and youtube channels, that is good for this, the concept of DAF is a new one, will definitely redesign how common people trade in the market, with cryptocurrencies as well as stock market and equity market Cheesy. I hope I could use the DAF with Depotwallet, I want to trade with real assets too, and depotwallet will let you do that, and with some DAFs many people will make a lot of profits effortlessly.

What makes this algorithmic better than several other algorithmic based ICOs.

Are there other algorithmic based ICOs? you mean other ICOs that propose to build an algorithmic ecosystem for trading in the cryptocurrency market, stock market and equity market? and that pays you GAS for participating in the selección of bots to create new COMPLEX DAFs? or similar? can you link me to those ICOs? I would like to know them and compare.

we are not aware of a similar project. However, there are a lot of project in the money management business. Some are about building an infrastructure to host funds (ex Melonport or Blackmoon), some are about building financial database (Enigma) and some will simply sell you one single strategy (Digix or Goldmint).  On our side we are proposing to monetize a library of diversified trading strategies based on bth crypto and traditional assets together with the promise that we will develop more of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: