Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:52:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] [NaPoleonX] 1st 🌟French🌟 algorithmic crypto asset manager 🚀  (Read 70116 times)
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:39:11 PM

what about total supply of napoleonx project? i think this is best time to invest on this project.

It's an important question. I myself want to know about the max supply.
Number of tokens is 17.500.000, i think its the max supply.

that makes this ICO very attractive, the lower the number of max tokens , the higher their value in the long run.

It won't mean anything. If it is 175.000.000 you hold 10 tokens for 1$ if it is 17.500.000 you hold 1 tokens for 10$. Market cap is essantial and it becomes with demand. However personally i like less supply tokens but i don't have any reason for it.

Yes they mean nothing, but in my opinion 1 token should be worth <1$ at the start of an ICO.

Finally someone wrote this. It seems like a common missperception that the amount of tokens actualy mean anything... good answer Levyashin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KryptoKings (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:34:34 PM

It's hard to digest for some newbies all the stuff NaPoleonX is doing. It would be nice if team do some video presentation on it or some AMA.

It is simply employing computer Algorithm to be making trading decisions for you,

at the rate at which crypto space is maturing, it will be very hard for traders to make profit unless you are employing Algos

Exactly, in the future it will be more like normal markets where a bot is way more effective. Thats why i'm investing in several similar projects to NaPoleonX that employ bots/algo trading, that really is the future. NaPoleonX has a nice broad offering with different risk/rewards because it's not only investing in Crypto. This way you can diversity your portfolio, not putting all your eggs in one basked.  And we can get in now, unlike normal hedge funds where you need to invest a minimum of several million usually.

Well if a majority of traders use the same bot, in theory it could become less effective, because everybody would do the same choices no ?

Yes a bot essentially exists because there is some kind of market inefficiencies. Once everyone are aware of them they should disappear in theory. Having said that, we have developed algos that have had a similar trend line for more than 20 years. And second, we will continue to constantly develop new algos as we believe our added value in the long run is based on R&D not sit and relax.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:38:23 PM

It's hard to digest for some newbies all the stuff NaPoleonX is doing. It would be nice if team do some video presentation on it or some AMA.

It is simply employing computer Algorithm to be making trading decisions for you,

at the rate at which crypto space is maturing, it will be very hard for traders to make profit unless you are employing Algos

Exactly, in the future it will be more like normal markets where a bot is way more effective. Thats why i'm investing in several similar projects to NaPoleonX that employ bots/algo trading, that really is the future. NaPoleonX has a nice broad offering with different risk/rewards because it's not only investing in Crypto. This way you can diversity your portfolio, not putting all your eggs in one basked.  And we can get in now, unlike normal hedge funds where you need to invest a minimum of several million usually.

Well if a majority of traders use the same bot, in theory it could become less effective, because everybody would do the same choices no ?

Even use the same bot, people will have different setting and it should be vary from one person to another. Bot can be usefull for people who has less time in front of their gadgets and there are still plenty of advantages can be gained from bot.

different setting, different market, different pair, it will make different execution.
look forex bot, same market, pair, and bot, but different results.

There is almost an infinite possible combination between traded asset, market signal type, trading horizon .... It will be difficult for any 2 algos to be very similar. That is why it is so exciting to be in this competition and that it will be very discriminating in the long run. Only the strongest will prevail.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:42:10 PM

Great idea with the fee structure. This is basically a commission type of structure rather than a fixed salary, and in everyday examples we can see that this is preferable to the investor/consumer because it drives greater performance (eg. real-estate auctions, sales and marketing).

True, but if I'm not wrong they will have quite some buffers from the token sale to kickstart the company. For example there is 8000 ETH allocated to HR, which is about $2 million at the current price, and 5000 ETH to Overhead.

You are right in the sense that we will have some buffer but part of it will be necessary to get our asset management licence as the regulator require that we would have 3 year of cash flow to run the company ahead of us. If we launch rapidly the first DAF, then we might have some left over that could be either use for marketing purposes or to make some corporate movement to accelerate our development.
john yuan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:44:24 PM

Expect the trading robot not to be too complicated
You can set up complex processes or steps. Into a simple wisdom
Warning conditions set up automatic trading and other functions
Let us ordinary people can participate
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:46:15 PM

Even use the same bot, people will have different setting and it should be vary from one person to another. Bot can be usefull for people who has less time in front of their gadgets and there are still plenty of advantages can be gained from bot.
That is true, there will be 10 DAFs at the beginning, more to come from Napoleon Crypto, and possibly from others new Strategy Providers, each DAF have a set of different bots that do different things for different assets with different philosophies with different purposes using different strategies to different people that want different things and invest and/or trade different markets in different exchanges, so it won't be the same, so traders won't use the same bot, at most they will use the same DAF, but in different situations, and etc., so don't worry Cheesy.

with the current amount of investors in this space, you will soon realize that 20 DAF will soon be easily saturated. That's my biggest issue with arbitrage offers. how do you combat market saturation from occurring?

You have to realize that we will go and seek the performance not only in the crypto space but also in the traditional one where liquidity is very very ample. So we won't have size issue for all the algos running on traditional assets, knowing that these algos will be tokenized as all investors would keep their investment in tokens not hard currencies. The best of both worlds we hope
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:53:50 PM

That is true, there will be 10 DAFs at the beginning, more to come from Napoleon Crypto, and possibly from others new Strategy Providers, each DAF have a set of different bots that do different things for different assets with different philosophies with different purposes using different strategies to different people that want different things and invest and/or trade different markets in different exchanges, so it won't be the same, so traders won't use the same bot, at most they will use the same DAF, but in different situations, and etc., so don't worry Cheesy.

with the current amount of investors in this space, you will soon realize that 20 DAF will soon be easily saturated. That's my biggest issue with arbitrage offers. how do you combat market saturation from occurring?

You have to realize that we will go and seek the performance not only in the crypto space but also in the traditional one where liquidity is very very ample. So we won't have size issue for all the algos running on traditional assets, knowing that these algos will be tokenized as all investors would keep their investment in tokens not hard currencies. The best of both worlds we hope

I guess we are moving to an algo based marketplace. Not only for crypto but for all markets. Computers and algo's are simply much faster en less emotional than people.
This is actually a good progress. The downside will be that it will be a battle between algos. Only the best will be successful.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:04:49 PM

First, thanks to the dev for being active and responsive to the questions in this thread. I Think this is a key element of success in both the short and long term. I have posted two questions earlier but to my knowledge has not received any response (appologies otherwise). I will in some extent rephrase the question and kindly ask for response when you have time.

1. Can you please breakdown the budget in more detail, the numbers look quite high and the inter-relations/proportions is not what I am used to
2. We have fiat-fiat algo trading, crypto-crypto algo trading, and now crypto-fiat algo trading (npx). What would be the benefit of this? funds need to be set aside to hedge the crypto-fiat risk and as well as other drawbacks. Im pretty sure im missing out on something but please help me understand this.

Best of luck with the Project.

I thought we had answered all questions but here are the answers again:
1. We have mentioned a 10,000 ETH to acquire an Asset Management licence knowing that it is a regulated activity. The implication is a heavy burden in terms of legal, compliance, risk, fund admin, market access, fund auditing ... There is a heavy cost in terms of setting up the structure knowing that the regulator requires that you have at least 3 years of cash flow ahead of you in order to make sure that any investor investing with this entity would not be at risk of having a bankrupt company as a fund provider. There is certainly a little bit of headroom here but not much in our opinion knowing that we are asking for funds in ETH and not in USD for our ICO. So if ETH skyrocket to 400 USD then we have more headroom and if it plummets down to 100-150 USD we will be very tight. With latest development in ETH price, we know that it is a possibility.
2. The crypto-fiat algo are really trying to benefit from the best of 2 worlds: market liquidity and algo robustness in the fiat world and tokenisation advantages of the crypto world. With the development of futures for ETH and BTC and the major cryptos, it will be more and more seamless to cross these initial borders. It really looks like an investor wanting to invest on USD assets but with a EUR exposure.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:11:06 PM

First, thanks to the dev for being active and responsive to the questions in this thread. I Think this is a key element of success in both the short and long term. I have posted two questions earlier but to my knowledge has not received any response (appologies otherwise). I will in some extent rephrase the question and kindly ask for response when you have time.

1. Can you please breakdown the budget in more detail, the numbers look quite high and the inter-relations/proportions is not what I am used to
2. We have fiat-fiat algo trading, crypto-crypto algo trading, and now crypto-fiat algo trading (npx). What would be the benefit of this? funds need to be set aside to hedge the crypto-fiat risk and as well as other drawbacks. Im pretty sure im missing out on something but please help me understand this.

Best of luck with the Project.

yes! that's what i don't understand about this algorithmic offers that we have to contribute money to view. and there is no guarantee that the algorithmic will pass the test. and even it does, there is no way to plan against the saturation that will occur from everyone using the same algorithmic. sure they plan to implement several algorithmic standards, but if 10000 individuals are wise on 10 plays, it becomes really hard to sneak a play thru.

You have to understand that we will not just sell one algo which to be honest should not cost this amount of money. We are setting up an entire asset management company, with all the regulatory constraints attached, which business will be to run algos for different funds (DAFs) that will be launched. In the deal, we are bringing all our existing library "for free" as a goodwill as we are requesting money from investors to acquire this licence, set up a Platform and hire real people that need to be paid, acquiring data, renting space ...
Regarding the quality of the algos, we have presented an extract of our library so that people can make a judgment by themselves. These algos will be hosted on our Platform and we will unveil a beta version of it in the next few weeks. Regarding the sustanibility of our algos, rest assured that we will continue developing new ones as we value R&D dearly.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:18:30 PM

Could you post results of what your system did during the very recent China debacle?
It would be very interesting to see how you tackled this problem Smiley

You will see this very rapidly when we release our beta version of the platform hosting our strategies. 1 of them at this stage trade BTC vs USD and it cut its long BTC vs USD exposure on 08/09/2017, just the week before the big plunge but of course not at the peak. It is a trend following model that does a trade per week on fridays at the close. We use CoinMarketCap data.

For our other algos, they are making new highs or not far from this.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:21:49 PM

Could you post results of what your system did during the very recent China debacle?

Yeah, that would be nice but I don't think product rolled out to production yet. Is it?

We are running the algos on our side, but will release a beta version of our strategy publicator in the next few weeks. Our beta version is ready but we are building high security around it given this sensitive subject.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:23:42 PM

Yeah, that would be nice but I don't think product rolled out to production yet. Is it?

I think these kind of posts put the finger on some of the challenges the team is facing.

As said before, the beta version is ready, just we are strengthening security around it  and putting some paint on it to make it look nice. We want people to be able to judge by themselves not only trust us. It is very important to us.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:28:48 PM

I think these kind of posts put the finger on some of the challenges the team is facing.

As said before, the beta version is ready, just we are strengthening security around it  and putting some paint on it to make it look nice. We want people to be able to judge by themselves not only trust us. It is very important to us.

Looking forward to see the beta in action. Will you release the beta before/during ICO?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:37:16 PM

That's what I was saying, there is really advanced mathematics, and sciences involved. Plus you have to be well versed in finance, in order to have a decent grasp at what the project entails.
Overall, I do know, it's mainly about autonomous asset management, utilizing the Ethereum blockchain, and smart contracts.
   What I'm having a hard time grasping is the token usage. What I do know is, holders are rewarded 15% of gas (ethereum transactions) from Napoleon crypto coins. But then again, it says 85% gas goes towards the NapoleonX platform. I'm still trying to grasp the whole of it.

Actually is the opposite, the NPX holders are getting 85% of the gas (in DAF tokens, which is used to run the bots) generated from the bots, and Napoleon Crypto is getting the remaining 15%, BUT if ANOTHER Strategy Provider that is not Napoleon Crypto(anybody or company can become a strategy provider like Napoleon Crypto) offer new strategies and bots to create DAFs, then THEY (Strategy Providers) can set up their own share structure of the gas, like, they could offer 60% to token holders and take 40% if they wish, they created the bots so they have that privilege, though the tokens holders are the ones who will vote for the bots and strategies to be selected or not for the DAFs, so we still have the power to accept it or not.

In another note, here is the Spanish translation of the whitepaper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rw7oqczst6xkop/NapoleonXWhitepaper_es.pdf?dl=0 , it was fun doing it if i compare it to other whitepaper translations I've made Cheesy

If some other is creating strategies and bots for your DAFs, and they can decided how much the gas is splitted, how much will the NaPoleonX team will receive then? Like in your example it is for example 60% for the token holders, 40% for the strategie creator. What is your share here?
And will you test new strategies and bots for DAFs before letting the community vote for it?

If some other is creating strategies and bots for your DAFs, and they can decided how much the gas is splitted, how much will the NaPoleonX team will receive then? Like in your example it is for example 60% for the token holders, 40% for the strategie creator. What is your share here?
And will you test new strategies and bots for DAFs before letting the community vote for it?
[/quote]

It will be possible for external party to propose new DAFs to NPX token holders. In this case Napoleon Crypto would simply analyse the quality of the proposed strategy and prepared an audit report so that NPX token holders could take a decision with a lot of elements to decide. There would be 2 possibilities:
1. if the strategy provider has an asset management licence, Napoleon Crypto could be completely by-passed and NPX token holders would need to negotiate the split of fees with the strategy provider
2. in the other situation, this strategy provider would need to negotiate with NPX token holder on one hand and us on the other hand
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:39:03 PM

Looking forward to see the beta in action. Will you release the beta before/during ICO?

Eagerly waiting for the beta tests. Still a newbie in terms of asset management, its good to see the dev team working hard towards the security as well as the user interface. I think the user interface should be more attractive and attentive towards the management for all the newbies.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:41:27 PM

Im impatient to see the CEO talk about NapoleonX in London. The NapoleonX team have already participate to some event and handle it very great, the gain a lot of visbinility each day and I think big investors like the visibility during events.
The project has a bright future, at the moment there is no real concurent for NapoleonX, and when I see the seriousness of the team I know things are well handled and the project has all that he need to go really far.

There will also be an event in Spain. I do not know exactly, but somewhere in early October.

We will be in Barcelona on 3-5 October at the BECON event. http://www.becon.global/world-expo/. We are also organizing a meetup in Paris tomorrow night thanks to the ASSETH association. We will certainly organized a second event in Paris mid October.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:41:54 PM

I hope so. Making an investment to a living product way better to invest an idea, which is a good one but still. I prefer seing beta Smiley

KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:46:36 PM

Yes, it would be interesting to know how bots behave on extreme news fluctuations

Also curious.
Think the bots wont do anything if there is a huge loss. Depending on the settings.

Is there already a BTC/USD bot running?

The bots is running only on or machines so far. You will see them live when we release our beta version of our strategy publicator. It has hold a long position on BTC vs USD from 21/07/2017 to 08/09/2017 where it switched to a full USD position.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:51:11 PM

The current scenario accurately reflects the great usefulness and application of this concept, the lack of control by inexperienced and anxious people during devaluation, shows that the bots of this project will be very useful and will allow us to have more control and profits in those moments. An excellent investment for our future investments Wink
Maybe :/ im kind a sad if bots be only way we will be able to trade Cheesy whats the fun then ? if everything is going by AI? off course the profits will be grater but still .. i will miss the human factor ,to bad its inevitable and sooner or later AI will concur the exchanges so i try to hop in now Smiley

The thing is that I'm a bad trader because I'm too emotional. And, I can't think straight in dips so, bots can help me.
But dont AI trading will mess with market? i mean the new people will have a little chance to hop in and start trading because ai will control the market and i bet costs a lot of money in the future so it will be another -rich people geting richer market sphere Grin

First of all, not all algos are AI algos. You can have much simpler ones running. Of course they might be less efficient but still could make some decent returns. We believe algo market will find its optimal market share. Human will still be present, at least in algo development and management. The full adoption of algo by market participant will take a while and not all of them will be clever.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:56:46 PM

The current scenario accurately reflects the great usefulness and application of this concept, the lack of control by inexperienced and anxious people during devaluation, shows that the bots of this project will be very useful and will allow us to have more control and profits in those moments. An excellent investment for our future investments Wink
Maybe :/ im kind a sad if bots be only way we will be able to trade Cheesy whats the fun then ? if everything is going by AI? off course the profits will be grater but still .. i will miss the human factor ,to bad its inevitable and sooner or later AI will concur the exchanges so i try to hop in now Smiley

The thing is that I'm a bad trader because I'm too emotional. And, I can't think straight in dips so, bots can help me.
But dont AI trading will mess with market? i mean the new people will have a little chance to hop in and start trading because ai will control the market and i bet costs a lot of money in the future so it will be another -rich people geting richer market sphere Grin

At some point, it will becoma ai vs. ai, and better ai will win Smiley

Little investors would need to beat ai to earn some money.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. AI is far from being developed enough to make these decisions.

You are right. As the crypto market is very young, you need to feed him with basic stuff. As it develops you can start more complex strategies. AI will require a huge amount of data and we feel that there will be a need for one or more provider of specialized crypto data. Execution will also be a large component in this algo development as it is still anilliquid market apart from some cryptos like BTC and ETH.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: