Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:07:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] [NaPoleonX] 1st 🌟French🌟 algorithmic crypto asset manager 🚀  (Read 70117 times)
KryptoKings (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:20:04 PM

Crypto market is not forex, then Eliot's waves and other methods do not work. Crypto currency is a wild west. There are only manipulations on the news. How do bots adapt to this?

Our bots are rule based and do not follow Eliott Wave principles or other technical analysis that can be seen here or there. We have a way to represent financial market space which is quite different:
STEP 1: Gross signal
1. First as financial markets look chaotic, you need some fixed points that will matter. Of course as markets move, they are not that fixed after all ...
2. Second, you need to define a scale so that you know when you travel a lot to or from these fixed points
3. Third, you need a rule whether to follow the movement past a certain point (trend following) or to go back (mean reversal)

STEP 2:
Can we filter out some noisy gross signals that do not bring value to long term strategy so that we can reduce number of trades ?

STEP 3:
Once I have a valid signal, how much should I trade ?

And answering these questions with a systematic approach is what we do. And then we combine these algos to smooth the drawdowns.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:30:23 PM

Crypto market is not forex, then Eliot's waves and other methods do not work. Crypto currency is a wild west. There are only manipulations on the news. How do bots adapt to this?

Our bots are rule based and do not follow Eliott Wave principles or other technical analysis that can be seen here or there. We have a way to represent financial market space which is quite different:
STEP 1: Gross signal
1. First as financial markets look chaotic, you need some fixed points that will matter. Of course as markets move, they are not that fixed after all ...
2. Second, you need to define a scale so that you know when you travel a lot to or from these fixed points
3. Third, you need a rule whether to follow the movement past a certain point (trend following) or to go back (mean reversal)

STEP 2:
Can we filter out some noisy gross signals that do not bring value to long term strategy so that we can reduce number of trades ?

STEP 3:
Once I have a valid signal, how much should I trade ?

And answering these questions with a systematic approach is what we do. And then we combine these algos to smooth the drawdowns.
Technical analysis can not be over-relied in crypto and glad to know that you dont use anything like that.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:33:46 PM

Specify, you no longer use the concept of "gas", instead of it, what is another concept?

We have changed the terminology from Gas to Boton to avoid confusion but it still represent the same thing ie performance fees.

Wow you were quite reactive on this one, good job  Smiley
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:35:40 PM

Specify, you no longer use the concept of "gas", instead of it, what is another concept?

We have changed the terminology from Gas to Boton to avoid confusion but it still represent the same thing ie performance fees.

Boton, it's looking nice. Catchy Smiley

By the way, how do you get the name boton? Is it means something?
boton in french means - button  Cheesy
maybe this will approach, I agree with you guys that the gas needs to be changed that would not be confused in the terminology
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:42:17 PM

I am worried by the fact that the developers are very conservative in altcoins with a smaller capitalization. In the technical documentation they write only about bitcoin and ether, as well as about standard instruments. While smaller currencies have potentially higher returns.

I understand, but we are planning to raise large DAFs and small altcoins might be difficult to trade for sizable amounts. To me, these kind of opportunity should be kept secret and not commercialized. We have taken the view, that we should aim for this kind of positioning as we can also attzct fiat investors who would be willing to start investing in cryptos but would need to feel reassured in the beginning.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:45:53 PM

According to him, boton is a contraction of bot and photon - boton.
Its unique and it sound good.

KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:47:36 PM

are you planning to have any partnership with data analysis/AI partners such as realto or IFT?

We are launching our own database to gather as much info as possible on the crypto front. However, remember that the bulk of our strategies at this stage are based on real assets where all the information is easily accessible.
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:47:39 PM

I am worried by the fact that the developers are very conservative in altcoins with a smaller capitalization. In the technical documentation they write only about bitcoin and ether, as well as about standard instruments. While smaller currencies have potentially higher returns.

I understand, but we are planning to raise large DAFs and small altcoins might be difficult to trade for sizable amounts. To me, these kind of opportunity should be kept secret and not commercialized. We have taken the view, that we should aim for this kind of positioning as we can also attzct fiat investors who would be willing to start investing in cryptos but would need to feel reassured in the beginning.
It's good that you are considering the possibility of trading crypto-currencies with a small capitalization but because of the small volumes this task is difficult to achieve and one should take a closer look at the top 5-20 crypto currency.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:55:02 PM

Perhaps we should focus the discussion on (only suggestions);

1. What is it in it for early investors
2. What is the expected risk adjusted return of investment for different scenarios
3. Which are Napoleonx main market competitors (if any) and what is the benefit to invest in npx instead of market competitors
4. Which partners in the crypto fintech Community would be beneficial to npx to partner with

Just a thought to bring the discussion from the tech savy bot, algo, ai mumbojumbo Smiley

1. probably biggest bonuses like every other ico.

3. As my knowledge, there is not one. I saw one or two more ico about trade bots in last few days, but they were not looking professional like napoleonx.

The team will probably give detailed answers to your questions in some time.

For the #2 question the team should be able to show a formula that shows different ROI's for different scenario's.

For #1 i am hoping for big discounts aswell

We have prepared a Medium article to try to give elements of answer. Here it is https://medium.com/@napoleonx.ai/an-attempt-at-assessing-npx-tokens-appreciation-through-time-using-simple-math-5d6fc674d89d. I could run endless scenarios, but with a small Excel spreadsheet you can make some attempts easily.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:55:07 PM

boton in french means - button  Cheesy
maybe this will approach, I agree with you guys that the gas needs to be changed that would not be confused in the terminology

Well, I'm french and boton does not mean button. Bouton means buttons.

I don't know what Boton is I d'ont think that's a french word.
telegdyd

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:00:27 PM

I heard a lot of good reviews about this project, but I do not fully understand why and why it is needed. Can you explain it in plain language?

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:01:53 PM

video from World Blockchain Forum in London, wonderful NaPoleonX presentation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDDjm3q_Hxs
Congratulations! great work

Nice job by NaPoleonX. definitely more eyes on project. Who is actual  nearest competition?

There are plenty of funds that are emerging these days. However, I don't think that a lot of them are integrating trading volume and scalabilty in their approach. None of them are trading bots that operates in the real world. And none of them are taking a diversification approach of launching not one but a series of funds that will allow the NPX token investors to spread their risks. We are also, showing very long term pro forma figures that should give some confort as opposed to getting no past performance or performance over a very short time frame. We have also introduce the proof of performance concept to demonstrate where all the perf is coming from.

https://medium.com/proof-of-performance/proof-of-performance-blockchain-applied-to-trading-6e30404a9754
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:07:42 PM

video from World Blockchain Forum in London, wonderful NaPoleonX presentation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDDjm3q_Hxs
Congratulations! great work

Nice job by NaPoleonX. definitely more eyes on project. Who is actual  nearest competition?

There are plenty of funds that are emerging these days. However, I don't think that a lot of them are integrating trading volume and scalabilty in their approach. None of them are trading bots that operates in the real world. And none of them are taking a diversification approach of launching not one but a series of funds that will allow the NPX token investors to spread their risks. We are also, showing very long term pro forma figures that should give some confort as opposed to getting no past performance or performance over a very short time frame. We have also introduce the proof of performance concept to demonstrate where all the perf is coming from.

https://medium.com/proof-of-performance/proof-of-performance-blockchain-applied-to-trading-6e30404a9754
Exactly, most of this funds will be holding coins or buying tokens at presales. Only few of them will be trading regularly.
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:07:57 PM

I heard a lot of good reviews about this project, but I do not fully understand why and why it is needed. Can you explain it in plain language?
Today, very well described the project.

Quote from: magisterr on Today at 04:22:14 PM
just find this ICO. Trying to learning, but cant understand all.
What main conception here? track exchange rates?  Huh

NaPoleonX is a project that aims to create a complex platform for algorithmic trading, meaning that they will provide Bots and strategies; the concept revolves around DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds), which is a set of complex bots and strategies for trading a specific asset, being a classic asset or a crypto asset, there will be a lot of DAF for different pairs and markets, including ETH and BTC, but not limited to cryptocurrencies, the good part is that these DAFs will need Botons (fees or gas if you prefer) to function, so 85% of the botons goes to token holders that voted in the selection of DAFs, and it will be paid in DAF tokens, while the token of NaPoleonX is NPX, so NPX can work as a security, but  intrinsically it is not, you will need to participate in a voting session if you want part of the profits obtained by the performance generated from de DAFs; so in short, this project will give you bots for trading in exchanges, there are very complex and a lot of them in only one DAF, so you won't be getting one simple bot, but many in a set
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:12:26 PM

The medium article is pretty cool, now we see more things about the Daf and the possible return. The diversification will open a lot of possibility for investors and its really great, i think it make the difference, cause they will do great performance, and you will be able to manage your risk with different Daf strategie. Really great !
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:12:42 PM

One minute rest. Just a cool photo of one of the founders Napoleon - Arnaud at WBF London

If we invest enough, can we please have a one cool Napoleon hat as a bonus? I would wear it all the time. now that if think of it... where can i buy it from? Preferably with bitcoin.
That would be funny and cool. Maybe devs will consider option of giving this hat to their biggest investors?  Cool

We could even be more generous and organize a lottery with ten hats to be won amongst subscribers, not just the largest ones but all of them !!!
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:15:02 PM

-Snip-

...Clearly it is quite a hard concept for a lot of people to understand. I'm still hoping they will make a nice infograph to explain the project. Most people are too lazy to really read a whitepaper these days with so many ICO's

Or in this case Whitepaper, GoldPaper and BlackPaper. Wink. But yeah, agree with all that, many of these are hard concepts to grasp, especially if one is newcomer to crypto and cryptocurrency as a whole is a hard concept to understand.

Love when ICOs provide a lot of info, but even though I try to at least quickly read whitepapers, the 3 papers were too much for me.  Lots of good questions answered in this thread though, if you followed along.  Maybe if you could find a way to put together all the questions that were asked most frequently?  

If the market wants a video, then you should give them. Reading whitepaper is too boring compared to watching a video. And I believe righting detailed whitepapers harder than making a video.

I follow levyashin Smiley
People like video's instead of technical Whitepaper but I must say, I translated the Whitepaper of NapoleonX and it isnt that hard to understand.

Its a simple Whitepaper and not to technical.

We have some ideas for the video, but just need a little bit of time to record it.
KryptoKings (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:18:23 PM

will be any type of bonus?

Yes, there is a 30% bonus for those joining our Greenlist and participating in the Presale that will happen on 10-17th October. Otherwise there will be a bonus during the ICO depending on presale amount being raised. Above 40k ETH, no more bonus during ICO.
What is the sum of the tokens allocated to Presale? Or ICO may not start if there is a big interest on the presale? I think the interest will immediately.

The presale is more technical to accommodate people willing to join the ICO without taking the risk of overloading on the network. Hence we have not put any formal cap there apart from the hidden cap. At the moment we have a good level of interest, although we are taking this cautiously as the money has not been committed yet. The ICO will occur within a week after.
telegdyd

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:23:23 PM

NaPoleonX is a project that aims to create a complex platform for algorithmic trading, meaning that they will provide Bots and strategies; the concept revolves around DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds), which is a set of complex bots and strategies for trading a specific asset, being a classic asset or a crypto asset, there will be a lot of DAF for different pairs and markets, including ETH and BTC, but not limited to cryptocurrencies, the good part is that these DAFs will need Botons (fees or gas if you prefer) to function, so 85% of the botons goes to token holders that voted in the selection of DAFs, and it will be paid in DAF tokens, while the token of NaPoleonX is NPX, so NPX can work as a security, but  intrinsically it is not, you will need to participate in a voting session if you want part of the profits obtained by the performance generated from de DAFs; so in short, this project will give you bots for trading in exchanges, there are very complex and a lot of them in only one DAF, so you won't be getting one simple bot, but many in a set

Many thanks for the detailed explanation, the idea of ​​the project is worthwhile, I plan to participate. And which projects have competitors? for example a cindicator?

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:47:20 AM

Many thanks for the detailed explanation, the idea of ​​the project is worthwhile, I plan to participate. And which projects have competitors? for example a cindicator?

Cindicator is a competitor? IS there any other similar project?
From which country devs? Spain?
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: