Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:55:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ELECTRONEUM SPECULATION THREAD  (Read 64062 times)
riils

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:45:50 PM

I just don't get the idea of "mobile mined" blockchain. Nothing can prevent anyone from developing a GPU miner for it, where one GPU will beat army of 50 - 100 phone-mining losers Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:00:11 PM

I just don't get the idea of "mobile mined" blockchain. Nothing can prevent anyone from developing a GPU miner for it, where one GPU will beat army of 50 - 100 phone-mining losers Cheesy

Even worse. The dev wrote somewhere that the mobile mining is just some kind of fake. Every holder of Electroneum which uses the mobile wallet will receive some coins over time automatically. So the app should not use much battery power or CPU of the mobile devices. This is just some kind of marketing to increase the number of users of the mobile app.
The real mining (support of the blockchain) will still be done by miners who use their PCs.
But it could work. If the greed for more free coins drives the masses to use the app, all hodlers could profit long term once milliones of users download and use the mobile app.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:39:48 PM

Even worse. The dev wrote somewhere that the mobile mining is just some kind of fake. Every holder of Electroneum which uses the mobile wallet will receive some coins over time automatically. So the app should not use much battery power or CPU of the mobile devices. This is just some kind of marketing to increase the number of users of the mobile app.
The real mining (support of the blockchain) will still be done by miners who use their PCs.
But it could work. If the greed for more free coins drives the masses to use the app, all hodlers could profit long term once milliones of users download and use the mobile app.

If your phone would actually mine, it would burst into flames lol, i think it'll be kinda self mining like the artemine genesis addresses (ICO still running btw)

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:51:40 PM

Actually, a lot of things can prevent you to do so. A freaking LOT.
(Even something sounding utterly stupid like "limiting the unitary hash number" does not sound stupid at all when you have 1 Billion devices...

But I agree on the fact that these things can be hacked, patched, hacked etc... like anything in the world.
GoodOne

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:23:19 AM

Can you please provide source where dev mentioned it??
boulard83

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:43:08 AM

He is right. Mobile mining is "fake", the app will benchmark the phone and reward "somewhat" in relation with the device power but it's not real mining. They do it to get more buzz around the coin, making mining "accessible" on mobile can attract a freaking lot of people to ETN.

Real mining will be done with computer using cryptonight algo. ( same as monero )

PC Hardware junky | Gaming • 5930K • 32gb • GTX1070 • BenQ XR3501 144hz | Server • Dual E5-2670 16c/32t • 32gb ECC • GTX1050ti • 3 SSD + Multiple HDDs
Coin_Maven

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:05:19 PM

Smart move. The mining will be finished before the people understand. The actual mining algorithm doesn't really matter. At the end the coin will be hold by a lot of people rather evenly compared to other coin, making it widely accepted.
JamesAdams

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 01:33:10 PM

He is right. Mobile mining is "fake", the app will benchmark the phone and reward "somewhat" in relation with the device power but it's not real mining. They do it to get more buzz around the coin, making mining "accessible" on mobile can attract a freaking lot of people to ETN.

Real mining will be done with computer using cryptonight algo. ( same as monero )

Yes, they will reward people on their theoretical share of CPU power to the network. Also I heard that the excess ICO coins will be given to phone miners so that everyone gets at least 30 ETN by the end of the first month even if the phone is utterly crap.

WORDCOIN
It's never late to buy BTC for $1
Services-backed cryptocurrency of 1 trillion dollars market
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:17:01 PM

The mobile phones are getting real ETN coins based on their power.

You are right it will attract a ton of people to ETN.
Coin_Maven

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:58:22 AM

For those who have the vision that electroneum could become a main stream crytocurrency, your input is needed!

I suggest after Nov1 we every investor should spread out the idea of this coin to at least 5 friends or discussion boards. What they need to do is downloading an app to mine instead of investing real money, the barrier is low and they can benefit from it with no risk.

I'm not spreading it now as there is still some risks and I don't like it, also a referral link may make this sound like some kind of pyramid scheme, even though I can benefit from it Smiley

It is vital for this coin to grow fast before any copycat comes up. This way we can build a widely accepted currency together.
MiBambino

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:14:01 PM

Yes, they will reward people on their theoretical share of CPU power to the network. Also I heard that the excess ICO coins will be given to phone miners so that everyone gets at least 30 ETN by the end of the first month even if the phone is utterly crap.

That's actually really shit money lol, but as more and more people will have smarthones, which will only become more powerful, you could actually pay for your phone bills with this, aside from the speculative value it brings to people who buy a shitload of them right now

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:00:40 PM

For those who have the vision that electroneum could become a main stream crytocurrency, your input is needed!

I suggest after Nov1 we every investor should spread out the idea of this coin to at least 5 friends or discussion boards. What they need to do is downloading an app to mine instead of investing real money, the barrier is low and they can benefit from it with no risk.

I'm not spreading it now as there is still some risks and I don't like it, also a referral link may make this sound like some kind of pyramid scheme, even though I can benefit from it Smiley

It is vital for this coin to grow fast before any copycat comes up. This way we can build a widely accepted currency together.

The idea for this coin is that it becomes valueable because of gamers and gamblers. They want to implement this currency electroneum as a way to transfer value between games.
Incentivizing game developers to accept the currency and to allow people to transfer the currency from one game to another.

Mobile games are quite popular and people also spend quite a bit of money on it, gambling is popular and people spend money on that to be able to transfer your money from game to game is quite something.

That you can also mine it on your phone to me is more a playfull interraction with this new technology. Not so much as how much profit it can earn.
It is more educational. I think that electroneum takes a variety of elements and combines that to make one powerfull mechanism.

Coin_Maven

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:25:16 PM

Haha to me it's far from shit coin. I have to say the mining method is unconventional, but it is truely innovative and not have not been seen in all other thousands of altcoins.

What gives bitcoin value? Solving algorithm? It is actually an unfair game as the bitcoins are being mined by industrialised farm with extremely low cost of electricity. The farms generate a lot af bitcoins with low cost and people have to buy it with real money. Don't you think it is insane?

Electroneum gives people a level playing field to mine. The new coins are generated by ordinary people and are more evenly distributed, which is crucial.

Seeing how the unfair bitcoin grew when it was targeting technically savvy people, I can't imaging how electroneum can grow when it is targeting ordinary people in the whole world! This coin will have a great first mover advantage. It is like bitcoin is being invented again, but in a much bigger scale.

In the coming future, the fairness will give this coin value. It is definitely not shit Smiley
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:26:21 PM

Mobile activity is growing fast everyday. Idea of mobile cryptocurrency for sure is very interesting, but like every project must be promoted.
Most popular here are Twitter/Facebook/Signature campaigns - in my opinion this project will also need kind of bounty campaign to move forward.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Coin_Maven

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:15:40 AM

Am i the first one to notice it?
As a currency giving people a sense of real money, the price setting revealed the team's ambition.
The price is set at $0.01 per coin and the team decided 2 decimal places for the coin. After mass adoption, in order for people to conceptualize this coin, the price will very likely be settled at $1.00 per coin and the coin can be used just like real dollar without any hassle. Wink
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:32:15 AM

Smart move. The mining will be finished before the people understand. The actual mining algorithm doesn't really matter. At the end the coin will be hold by a lot of people rather evenly compared to other coin, making it widely accepted.

Yes, due to android phone and app can be available in every country once they started releasing it in the market. I hope it will explode because daily many people are browsing the internet through their mobile phones only.
MiBambino

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:47:47 AM

Am i the first one to notice it?
As a currency giving people a sense of real money, the price setting revealed the team's ambition.
The price is set at $0.01 per coin and the team decided 2 decimal places for the coin. After mass adoption, in order for people to conceptualize this coin, the price will very likely be settled at $1.00 per coin and the coin can be used just like real dollar without any hassle. Wink

they did that on purpose, no doubt. This project is gonna make a lot of people wealthy

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:17:57 PM

I noticed many users are very enthusiastic about Electroneum project, I'm sure this is a great project so it's worth to join ICO because of the unique idea.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:28:19 PM

Check their whitepaper, the focus utility of the coin is in games/gambling. The mining is mostly educational. Allot of people struggle to grasp concepts unfamillar with them also one of the reasons why crypto remains ''inaccesable'' to a larger audience. The wallets, the mining. People find it all intimidating and give up. There are allot of people who want to start with crypto but simply back down because they cant handle the immense amount of information and new concepts.

AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:09:43 AM

A friend of mine heard the Polychain Capital guy speak at a conference a couple weeks ago and his big takeaway was to invest in blockchains not coins/tokens as the chains will always have value.  I think it's good advice.  The mobile mining without killing your phone is a cool idea and could bring crypto to the masses, but I went in on electroneum because they're also making their own chain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: