Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:39:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ELECTRONEUM SPECULATION THREAD  (Read 64062 times)
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:45:54 PM

@ blackwidow

Dial it back a notch

@IamLucas

Maybe you can find some good things about ETN for a change. Im sure this will help with those heated emotions towards you, as this is an Electroneum thread.

As I've said I'm a supporter, the heated emotion is only directed at me because I'm telling people to be cautious and it disagrees with Hitler above.

I'm sorry but when people continue to post as Blackwidow do it diminishes the brand, I've contacted a couple other members on here that have been abused by him (also investors) and we are drafting a message to Richard. He shouldn't be able to represent the project.

Blackwidow doesnt represent the project any more than you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheCryptoAngel

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:46:11 PM

this might be a silly question, but if ETN is a 2 decimal point system, how will it be trading on exchanges?  Will it be able to go lower than 0.01?

IOTA trades with different decimals at exchanges as MIOTA (millions of IOTA). Similar thing can be applied with Electroneum I guess.
contraband (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:50:33 PM

@ blackwidow

Dial it back a notch

@IamLucas

Maybe you can find some good things about ETN for a change. Im sure this will help with those heated emotions towards you, as this is an Electroneum thread.

As I've said I'm a supporter, the heated emotion is only directed at me because I'm telling people to be cautious and it disagrees with Hitler above.

I'm sorry but when people continue to post as Blackwidow do it diminishes the brand, I've contacted a couple other members on here that have been abused by him (also investors) and we are drafting a message to Richard. He shouldn't be able to represent the project.
True.
I'm a very early supporter, bought on the first day of ICO.
But right now I feel really uncomfortable because of people like blackwidow.
He already screwed big investors like szech (not sure about the name, something eastern European Cheesy ) and many others.
Maybe he isn't part of the project, only uses the signature to damage their reputation???

Blackwidow is a very stong supporter of ETN, but he is NOT affilated with the dev team.

Believe me he means well for ETN and isnt trying to hurt it IMO, but I have had to talk to him about going to far a couple times.

He means no harm, but will be all over those who are negative, which would be nice if he didnt take it too far the way he does lol.
IAmLucas

Activity: 187
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:59:21 PM

but he is NOT affilated with the dev team.

Pft that's good to know, I've noticed a few people bring him up on the Telegram board too. It might be worth asking him to disassociate himself from the main Electroneum threads for a while as its scaring people, people don't want to see his verbal abuse, especially with his profile decorated in Electroneum banners.

Thanks for clearing this up contraband.
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:07:09 PM

but he is NOT affilated with the dev team.

Pft that's good to know, I've noticed a few people bring him up on the Telegram board too. It might be worth asking him to disassociate himself from the main Electroneum threads for a while as its scaring people, people don't want to see his verbal abuse, especially with his profile decorated in Electroneum banners.

Thanks for clearing this up contraband.

Blackwidow will be here, checking you each and every time you talk snack about ETN.

And no I will pass on your bet.

I dont need your 100 as you would be hard pressed to find a bigger investor than myself, that is why I defend so strongly against negative comment about ETN.

You stay positive Lucas, and we will never butt heads again.

If you truly support ETN, you will not keep running around saying it will tank in price.

IAmLucas

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:14:54 PM

Blackwidow will be here, checking you each and every time you talk snack about ETN.

I dont need your 100 as you would be hard pressed to find a bigger investor than myself, that is why I defend so strongly against negative comment about ETN.

If you truly support ETN, you will not keep running around saying it will tank in price.

All projects will receive negativity, which is fine, as negativity can sometimes be a positive, it allows people who run the project to see other views and potentially change things for the better for everyone.

Just relax and think before you post and you will be fine, telling people to take their meds and calling them trolls when they definitely are not make you look like a douche. 

- Also pretty sure I didn't say the word tank, I just stated that there will be a dump, which is out of all of our control. The dump could be followed by a steep climb (as we all want), people should be cautious with their investment. If tomorrow we close at 0.05 I will be a happy man.

~Lucas
BlackWidow

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:17:52 PM

All projects will receive negativity, which is fine, as negativity can sometimes be a positive, it allows people who run the project to see other views and potentially change things for the better for everyone.

Just relax and think before you post and you will be fine, telling people to take their meds and calling them trolls when they definitely are not make you look like a douche. 

- Also pretty sure I didn't say the word tank, I just stated that there will be a dump, which is out of all of our control. The dump could be followed by a steep climb (as we all want), people should be cautious with their investment. If tomorrow we close at 0.05 I will be a happy man.

~Lucas

Ill take it. Thats posititive enough for me at this point.

And thanks Lucas good to know you are not a troll.

I apologize for saying you need meds
ArminH

Activity: 219

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:19:56 PM

Thanks Lucas and contraband for your replies.
Good to know he isn't part of the team.
Maybe it's not his intention, but he definitely harms the project with his language and his childish behaviour.
He is probably very young and I don't believe he even invested 1 BTC.
But if it's not his intention, why he still doesn't stop?
Even a kid should have realized that he's not doing a favour to the project.
Well, maybe just a troll looking for attention...
IAmLucas

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:23:54 PM

I think we can all be friends now.

Roll on midnight!

~Lucas
coyote50

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 05:44:19 PM

any kid can mine this coin  for free on a phone, dump it asap.

that's not real mining. may as well dump BTC too because you can get free satoshis on 99bitcoins by solving capchas
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:20:26 PM

that's not real mining. may as well dump BTC too because you can get free satoshis on 99bitcoins by solving capchas

What is the logic of dumping purely because it can be mined on a phone? It is no different to any other coin that can be mined realistically, having more people mining the coin due to the fact it only requires a phone and simple skills will probably actually be a good thing

coyote50

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 06:34:00 PM

What is the logic of dumping purely because it can be mined on a phone? It is no different to any other coin that can be mined realistically, having more people mining the coin due to the fact it only requires a phone and simple skills will probably actually be a good thing

there is no logic there. most of these nerds have no idea how the economy and markets work
rluben

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:37:14 PM

Hi, Total newb here.

I think the mobile mining "experience" has a lot of potential towards possibly helping electronium become a very popular maybe even mainstream world currency down the road.

It might seem really gimmicky to some, but think of the difference it may make for someone say in the Philippines who lives in a squatter area
and barely gets by in life with no real hope of moving up in life for them or their family. But now they and all their family members who have a phone
can run an app and earn some extra coin every month (30 I think was mentioned as the max?) ...and watch it grow in value as time passes.

They may be poor, but they have cell phones, internet, ect...

Say it becomes popular with the gaming culture, which is large from my understanding, as an alt currency there even without electronium's own efforts to incorporate
it into gaming platforms.

Maybe a few months from now or a year from now you can purchase ETN from exchangers like Coinbase, Spectro coin, ect...could happen

The Philipines has a popular exchage service to buy bitcoins on too, it could get listed there as an option.

Say a street vendor or 2 or 3 or any merchants like an internet cafe decide to accept electromeum as currency.

I think it has potentail beyond gambling and gaming platforms.

Just need a few merchants to decide it's worth accepting as a form of payment then it could take off from there in an area.

It could happen in many places around the globe.

Just some thoughts for the future and why I think HODL is a good idea.

I'm kinda tired and probably didn't do a good job of conveying my thoughts, but you get the idea.

I think it could make a difference in many lives in places around the world who are struggling in life to make ends meet, maybe this gives them a boost if it catches on.
rluben

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:57:31 PM

The key I guess, would be if and when it becomes an option to convert electronium into fiat like one can with bitcoin and ethereum ect.

Then it becomes an alt coin that merchants would be willing to accept as paymant and take off from there most likely.

Am I wrong?
BlackWidow

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:24:17 PM

I think we can all be friends now.

Roll on midnight!

~Lucas

Yes, I agree we should be friends!!

Again, I am very sorry for jumping the gun. I thought I remembered you making really bad comments in the past, but when I checked your post history I had you confused with someone else. There was even a time I was wrong about something and you pointed it out which I like because I dont want to go around being wrong on things.

I do agree with you that there will be dumpers. We will just have to agree to disagree that it will cause the price to drop.

I would ask you to consider the large amount of demand we will have which will more than make up for the dumpers and will actually make the price rise instead of drop in my opinion.

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 03:33:02 AM

Started mining ETN already.

I've never mined before and don't have a high end computer but it was really easy to set up.
I just downloaded the windows newbie one.
You put in the public ETN address from the offline wallet you can get if you registered.
I hit start mining and Voila!

In other news, it looks like there was an attack to hack accounts so the ETN team is busy securing things and then will release the mobile miner and wallets.  So just be patient and we can move our ETN to the wallets when they go live.

As far as exchanges go, they are waiting approval from 9 different exchanges.
Since the blockchain just barely went live it might take awhile before they get listed.

coyote50

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:17:42 AM

the mining difficulty has already gone through the roof, this is great for long term price
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:12:34 AM

I don't think there has never been this so much noise about any coin in its ICO stage. This is phenomenon. I just hope we don't get disappointed when it finally hit the exchange.

I see many other coins make a lot of noise but the things here is more people attract the concept of Electroneum, now a days many people are spending a lot of for money but as now everything is the dilemma because Mobile mining is only for Electroneum or we can mine the other altcoins.

Only Electroneum

So what is going to be the total supply than because I thought only 2 billion coins?  So what is going to be the total supply of Electroneum? If it is mineable coin then how come the price of Electroneum will increase in the market.
rgoulter

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:18:33 AM

I have a Win7 64 bit PC with a Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3392 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

In the simple windows miner GUI should I select Mid Range or High End CPU? And how many Threads should I select?

I chose High End CPU and left it at the default # threads = 4 and it doesnt seem to be impacting the PCs performance too much.

Im averaging about 135.49 h/s

Is this the right config for mining ETN?
treepixel

Activity: 226

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:07:41 AM

Jeez that's an underwhelming launch.
I thought it was live on exchanges today - there's no mention of it on their website or twitter  Huh.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: