Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ELECTRONEUM SPECULATION THREAD  (Read 64062 times)
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:39:51 PM

Official update from their Facebook/Twitter:

Adding to this, we have noticed the negative speculation and misinformation being pushed out regarding Monero Block 202162, and the subsequent patch code. This is a very simple 2 line fix, one that we are aware of - as a number of Community Devs have already confirmed.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/photos/a.1875461826049120.1073741828.1850733001855336/1950026948592607/?type=3&theater

I understand people where scared of what would happen, but don't forget HackerOne did a full review of their code, I very much doubt they didn't know about this already, but saying that don't get me wrong, it's sloppy leaving it in if they did know.

I wonder if it was left there on purpose to create a temporary dip before launching the mobile mining. Would not put it past them. Let the weak hands sell and then FOMO after the price starts climbing when the mobile mining goes online.

Don't really see the point of selling before mobile miner is out. It could come out anytime now and you will have missed out.

Na I don't think so, they may have just forgot or not be worried about it. A softfork doesn't even require a client update etc.

I just sold my electroneum. The team and marketing of electroneum is really good but their project is really delayed, their mobile mining is really sad. Because until now, there is still now mobile mining, only mobile wallet and web wallet and also one exchange is just available which is cryptopia.

This is what's holding the price of ETN back in my opinion. I thnk if they can get the mobile miner working correctly, the coin will get noticed by bigger exchanges and the price will go up. Can only hope that starts to happen pretty soon. I for one would love to have my old phones sitting around to mine ETN.

IDK if it will be as soon as we all want... I'm watching this project since ICO... they are working hard, and they are making the things right... but too much time, and too much fails... I agree with you, the only thing that holds the ETN price is thar every body are waiting for mobile miner... do you can believe me that I bought 3 phones to start mining 2 months ago and I'm stil waiting?  Grin

Why would you buy 3 phones to mine..? Did you buy the latest gen ones? it would have been much more profitable and sensible to spend on GPU's instead of phones lol.  You do understand it's not going to make you hundreds a month from each phone, right? It was initially capped at $30 a month, but with the huge numbers of people, im not sure we'd even see $10.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pickle-Rick

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:00:40 PM

Adding to this, we have noticed the negative speculation and misinformation being pushed out regarding Monero Block 202162, and the subsequent patch code. This is a very simple 2 line fix, one that we are aware of - as a number of Community Devs have already confirmed.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/photos/a.1875461826049120.1073741828.1850733001855336/1950026948592607/?type=3&theater

I understand people where scared of what would happen, but don't forget HackerOne did a full review of their code, I very much doubt they didn't know about this already, but saying that don't get me wrong, it's sloppy leaving it in if they did know.

I wonder if it was left there on purpose to create a temporary dip before launching the mobile mining. Would not put it past them. Let the weak hands sell and then FOMO after the price starts climbing when the mobile mining goes online.

Don't really see the point of selling before mobile miner is out. It could come out anytime now and you will have missed out.

Na I don't think so, they may have just forgot or not be worried about it. A softfork doesn't even require a client update etc.

I just sold my electroneum. The team and marketing of electroneum is really good but their project is really delayed, their mobile mining is really sad. Because until now, there is still now mobile mining, only mobile wallet and web wallet and also one exchange is just available which is cryptopia.

This is what's holding the price of ETN back in my opinion. I thnk if they can get the mobile miner working correctly, the coin will get noticed by bigger exchanges and the price will go up. Can only hope that starts to happen pretty soon. I for one would love to have my old phones sitting around to mine ETN.

IDK if it will be as soon as we all want... I'm watching this project since ICO... they are working hard, and they are making the things right... but too much time, and too much fails... I agree with you, the only thing that holds the ETN price is thar every body are waiting for mobile miner... do you can believe me that I bought 3 phones to start mining 2 months ago and I'm stil waiting?  Grin

Why would you buy 3 phones to mine..? Did you buy the latest gen ones? it would have been much more profitable and sensible to spend on GPU's instead of phones lol.  You do understand it's not going to make you hundreds a month from each phone, right? It was initially capped at $30 a month, but with the huge numbers of people, im not sure we'd even see $10.

I just find it hard that their team would be that incompetent. Really do think it was done to be used as a marketing tool. Their strength is meant to be marketing after all. Just look at trump and you will see that any type off press can be good press.

Once they release a good mobile mining wallet and let loose the marketing, people will soon forget about all this silly stuff.
Darkoth89

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:20:25 PM

I just find it hard that their team would be that incompetent. Really do think it was done to be used as a marketing tool. Their strength is meant to be marketing after all. Just look at trump and you will see that any type off press can be good press.

Once they release a good mobile mining wallet and let loose the marketing, people will soon forget about all this silly stuff.

Lol, you do make a good point.  But yeah I'm not worried, I think they have a hell of alot planned for the rest of the year.  With such big partnerships, and I expect more in the works, and the mobile miner around the corner, I think it's silly to dump currently.
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:14:06 PM

after the recent dramas regarding price manipulation as per their twitter release, i think its a good time to buy up again. Like i said in another thread, this dip in crypto wont last long, we are almost at the bottom of the correction. Im currently buying up several more alts including other bag of etn.
Darkoth89

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:09:17 PM

Looks like the beta has expanded now.  I have access to it and currently there is 1639 miners.  On my LG G6 I am getting 24H/s! Will update with ETN earned later.  (this is beta so it's 'fake' ETN currently.
angjosh

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:41:04 AM

We are in February and the etn price is down to 632 sats, last i checked. This, they say, is caused by the bitcoin price currently dancing at $8119.66. This was my first ICO and i already made good money from it late last year when bitcoin was mooning. i played the news, sold high bought low. I am now waiting for you good speculators to speculate here coz things dont seem quite good right now..Love ETN forever!
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:45:32 AM

So when have they planned for the mobile miner to go live?

cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:48:50 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 12:11:54 PM by cynical

Lol, you do make a good point.  But yeah I'm not worried, I think they have a hell of alot planned for the rest of the year.  With such big partnerships, and I expect more in the works, and the mobile miner around the corner, I think it's silly to dump currently.

i agree, crazy to sell now, there is a very bright road ahead this year.
we all need to learn to be patient and believe in the projects we got into at the start.
there will always be problems and delays they will ultimately make the project stronger.

I understand people where scared of what would happen, but don't forget HackerOne did a full review of their code, I very much doubt they didn't know about this already, but saying that don't get me wrong, it's sloppy leaving it in if they did know.

IDK if it will be as soon as we all want... I'm watching this project since ICO... they are working hard, and they are making the things right... but too much time, and too much fails... I agree with you, the only thing that holds the ETN price is thar every body are waiting for mobile miner... do you can believe me that I bought 3 phones to start mining 2 months ago and I'm stil waiting?  Grin

Why would you buy 3 phones to mine..? Did you buy the latest gen ones? it would have been much more profitable and sensible to spend on GPU's instead of phones lol.  You do understand it's not going to make you hundreds a month from each phone, right? It was initially capped at $30 a month, but with the huge numbers of people, im not sure we'd even see $10.

I have 2 damaged smartphones ready to employ for the ETN mobile mining when it is released.
they can still connect to the web so they will earn a little more for me before I fully disgard them,
But I wouldnt be buying phones specifically for mining.

So when have they planned for the mobile miner to go live?

from their twitter page -

they have unlocked their second level of beta testers in the last 24 hours.
other than that we will have to wait.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
angjosh

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:51:56 AM

The beta testing is ongoing and from reactions from the community investors are mining atleast 1 ETN per 6 or so hours  Grin. I stand corrected. Hope it will go live soon to stop the fudders. HODLER
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:00:43 PM

The beta testing is ongoing and from reactions from the community investors are mining atleast 1 ETN per 6 or so hours  Grin. I stand corrected. Hope it will go live soon to stop the fudders. HODLER
That's good to know! It is better than mining with my laptop. But for the moment it is only in Beta testing. I am waiting for the smartphone "mining simulator".
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:03:34 PM

wow. 1 ETN  Grin  then you are rich in 580 years. It's good. Now I need three hundred phones and then I will be a millionaire.
$ 1000 energy and 200 tokens is very good. Now the course has to go to the moon  Grin  Grin
Darkoth89

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:20:57 PM

wow. 1 ETN  Grin  then you are rich in 580 years. It's good. Now I need three hundred phones and then I will be a millionaire.
$ 1000 energy and 200 tokens is very good. Now the course has to go to the moon  Grin  Grin

They never claimed it would make you rich.  The entire point of it is it's a simulation and mining 'experience' aimed at people who are new to the crypto world. From what i've tested of it, it works well.
Hanna_J

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:49:04 PM

Maybe this has been answered a million times already, but what are the minimum specs to actually mine with the mobile?
And would anyone recommend using a phone that a person is using in their normal daily activities, or should the phone for mining indeed be an old phone that is not on daily normal use?

Maybe mobile mining wont very effective method at all, but as an idea it seems very interesting Smiley
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:16:54 PM

Maybe this has been answered a million times already, but what are the minimum specs to actually mine with the mobile?
And would anyone recommend using a phone that a person is using in their normal daily activities, or should the phone for mining indeed be an old phone that is not on daily normal use?

Maybe mobile mining wont very effective method at all, but as an idea it seems very interesting Smiley
Its not actual mining but a mining simulation app. So any android phone do as it will just be like running any other app on your phone.
Darkoth89

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:32:03 PM

it's not mining like you would with an ASIC or CPU, it's a simulation. The app benchmarks your phone, and rewards you periodically with the equivalent value in ETN from the available pool. The phones aren't actually processing any blocks.
Pickle-Rick

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:27:14 PM

It really has been asked at least a million times. I will answer also so we can have a million answers to the same question to help balance it out.

Basically you are not actually mining. As long as a phone has Play Store (it will come to Apple store in the near future) and lets you download it then it will work, which will be for most, if not all Android phones.

It is just an app that will make it look like it is mining by simulating to give you the mining experience. How much you mine will depend on the specs of your phone as the app will look up what specs of your phone and based on that your hashrate (how fast you mine) will be determined. An example would be, you can expect an Samsung Galaxy S8 to mine more than say an S7 or S6.

Now keep in mind, there is no actual mining going on in the traditional sense, so it will not be using up much if hardly any at all of your phones resources. This means your phone will not get boiling hot and the battery will not get drained super quick. My guess would be it will just run in the background and use 1-3% of your battery life for the day. If it was real mining, your phone would be boiling hot and the battery would last probably about an hour.

It being simulated mining does not take anything away however. You still get Electroneum just like real miners do. Same result, just witout making your phone useless while doing so.  I hope this helps explain it further Smiley
Darkoth89

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:13:58 PM

It really has been asked at least a million times. I will answer also so we can have a million answers to the same question to help balance it out.

Basically you are not actually mining. As long as a phone has Play Store (it will come to Apple store in the near future) and lets you download it then it will work, which will be for most, if not all Android phones.

It is just an app that will make it look like it is mining by simulating to give you the mining experience. How much you mine will depend on the specs of your phone as the app will look up what specs of your phone and based on that your hashrate (how fast you mine) will be determined. An example would be, you can expect an Samsung Galaxy S8 to mine more than say an S7 or S6.

Now keep in mind, there is no actual mining going on in the traditional sense, so it will not be using up much if hardly any at all of your phones resources. This means your phone will not get boiling hot and the battery will not get drained super quick. My guess would be it will just run in the background and use 1-3% of your battery life for the day. If it was real mining, your phone would be boiling hot and the battery would last probably about an hour.

It being simulated mining does not take anything away however. You still get Electroneum just like real miners do. Same result, just witout making your phone useless while doing so.  I hope this helps explain it further Smiley

has anyone tried mining using like a emulator on the PC like bluestacks? be interesting to see if it picks it up as a fake phone. 
vanmoreno

Activity: 359
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:20:40 PM

its mobile mining lives in every country, just ios? what about android?
Darkoth89

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:45:46 PM

its mobile mining lives in every country, just ios? what about android?

Otherway around, it's not currently on the IOS store, but is on Android.  If you check the Google store for the official Electroneum app, it is built into that as part of the wallet.
simonetti

Activity: 124

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

That is still about 100 coins per month and at price of 10 cents, that is 10 dollars, which is a lot! Actualy a lot more then my mobile subscription!

Realisticaly i think, the final revenue would be about a couple of dollars of free money and that is a big amount of money for any developing countries.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: