Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:13:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] ats tokens scam  (Read 26655 times)
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:07:58 AM

https://etherscan.io/address/0x5ffc99b5b23c5ab8f463f6090342879c286a29be

here is the money/ethereum of the ats-ico-sale!

ETH Balance:    485,852.75739019084733238 Ether
ETH USD Value:    $125,670,674.23 (@ $258.66/ETH)

edit: and
Token Balance:    15.065259525549575185 OMG  Grin Cheesy

I doubt you have the correct ETH address. According to you they have more than $125 MILLION. That's, uhm, just a little too much.... Wink

Yeah, that isn't them, they didn't raise $125m.

I understand people's frustrations, hopefully they will resolve this when they are back.  For now, you are not missing anything, it's not on any exchanges, so you can't sell it even if you do have it.

Edit: I also didn't get my bounty btw.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
webwakko

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:37:29 AM

I was one of the small fish that only earned 165 tokens, but nevertheless.. I should have received my tokens.
for me this is yet another scam and they can expect a flame of bad publicity on steemit, twitter and all other channels.
There cannot be enough topics talking about this scam practice...
I am seriously pissed off about this and so should all other participating members be
for the record: playing the DDOS attack story AT THE SAME day the payout should have been done is like.. yeah right.. what a coincidence, sure guys...
anyway : minding the fact that they do not reply to any message, they took their contact info offline and the stated that their decision is final so all people who did not get payed = SCAMMERS !

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
L

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:27:34 AM

The smell of scam in the morning...

Sorry everyone who invested their time and money into this, now to discover it's all a sham.

Glad I didn't even had some time to dedicate to this, I'll be pissed right now.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:32:08 AM

Also haven't received my coins. I should have received 610 coins.
I had definitly no same IP refs. No one is living with me who would be able to sign up.
I just promoted Authorship and my ref through twitter and slack. If I would try to scam a project I really would not go for just 610 coins lol not worth the time to scam. Then I would go for 5k+ or what ever.

But really, I hope the image of the project is damaged so badly that it will go down. The worst is the investors who put in their money and now this guy has all their money.

Also far away from professional how it was handled.

First 20% or so got an payout, then the payout stopped. After shitstorm etc. he started again with paying out but without "scammer", wasn't even able to delete the people from the payouts who received already coins, so some ended with double payout, others with none. And then he takes off 1 week for holidays? How is this professional if he has just finished a fundraising and still a big problem about a bounty program he started.

Guys, I really would advice to do not make any investments or what ever in this. This is far away from a professional service.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:32:46 AM

Is this a scam or just a very badly managed airdrop?
I think it's just badly managed. This seems to be a genuine company, but it's clear that the airdrop is a complete disaster and will mean a lot of bad publicity which will hurt the project.

Remorse

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:25:01 AM

Dear Authorship friends,

I started with a little bit of sarcasm. Well, here I am; I am an Authorship cheater. In this post I shall tell you why I did it, how I did it and what I'm going to do.

Wy I did it
I'm unemployed. I have a decent roof over my head, enough food to eat, even an internet connection, but when my bills are paid I'm monthly broke. Then I read about cryptocoins and how people from investing a few bucks became Bitcoin millionaires. That got me interested. So I'm only into cryptocurrency for a couple of weeks. Now since I don't have a lot of money to invest I got interested in bounty campains. Especially Authorship bounty campain seemed interesting. So I signed up. I don't have family or friends so I posted my link here and there on facebook and forums. The result was dissapointing. Nobody was signing up. At the same time I got that daily overview of people gathering thousands of ATS from referrals. That got me frustrated. I then decided to cheat the system 'a little'. My thought was that everybody would get paid and that I would simply get paid a little more. What would a few of extra ATS mean for a team of devs who would become millionaires with their fundraising? Thus was my thought.

How I did it
I made an Excel sheet on which I wrote about 40 fake names. For every name I made an email adress with providers that don't ask for your mobile number. I wrote the adress down. Then I made for every name a myetherweallet adress. The adress and private key I wrote down. Then I installed a VPN. Apparently one not many people use. For every account I changed the IP. The IP I wrote down to avoid using the same IP multiple times. Then I went to Authorship.com to sign up. The referral link and the link where I could see my balance I wrote down. In course of time I randomly used the generated referral links, or I registered directly.

Then the time came to harvest, so I thought. I had to fill in the form for every account. Of the 40-something accounts only 3 were not succesful. I think that for the first 3 accounts I used the Tor browser, those were filtered out. Then I waited for the tokens to arrive. But I received the infamous email where was stated that no further tokens would be issued and that instead we could get 3 free books. Okay, so now I could collect a small library. I didn't overreact. It was my own fault. Cheating doesn't pay off after all I thought. But then I noticed the fierce anger the email generated. People demanded their tokens. And soon enough Authorship decided to hand out tokens to everybody who had less than 4 similar IP's. Out of the 40 accounts I think 20 or so were succesful. I sent gas to the fake wallets. And from the wallets I transferred the ATS. Thus I collected 2275 ATS.

That however is not the end of my story. For the execution by Authorship turned out to be a failure. Some people received double the amount of tokens, while others proclaimed to have played the game honestly while not receiving any tokens. So instead of everybody receiving the ATS which they deserved from the millionaires, whereby I would receive a little bit more than I deserved, now I had received more than I deserved while others received less than they deserved. That doesn't feel right to me and like this I don't think I will ever enjoy my ATS tokens. Especially since the overal situation has outraged so many people.

Evaluation
Here I want to say that I do not feel responsible for the mess that has been created. My unfair play was directed towards a company which would raise millions and not against individuals who often probably don't have more money than me. The mess has been created because Authorship did not prepare and execute the bounty campaign properly.
What was good?
- The giving out of 75 ATS was generous. It created a lot of attention.
- They had the intention to filter out cheaters.
What was bad?
- The parameters for filtering out cheaters were not set properly from the start.
- During the campain the above parameters changed serveral times.
- They even went so far as to suddenly exclude a whole lot of fair players from receiving ATS. They broke the crucial agreement of the bounty campaign. Only heavy protests made them take back that decision.
What would be better?
- Lay down clear rules and parameters from the beginning.
- Stick to the laid down rules.
- Value all participating in the campaign. Also the little ones.

Regarding the people reacting to Authorship my views are as follows.

What was good?
- People didn't accept that Authorship would not hand out their fairly earned ATS. They made themselves being heard.
What was bad?
- People called names and even threatened individuals from Authorship. I find that not an acceptable form of protest.
What would be better?
- Be on fire but also be cool. And realize that the individuals behind Authorship are people with feelings too.

What I will do
So what will I do now? I feel sorry that many of you played a fair game and didn't receive your tokens while I cheated and did receive tokens. That is not as it should be. I doubted about what to do with my ATS now. I am not intending to keep my unfairly earned coins. First I thought to hand them out to a couple of fair players who did not receive their ATS. But since I don't know who is fair and who is not I thought to donate my ATS to charity. But what charity would accept ATS? Eventually I made the decision to return my ATS to Authorship. Authorship cheating on fair playing people is between Authorship and them and in the end does not concern me. My concern is the fact that I cheated on Authorship. Two wrongs don't make a right. And that Authorship cheated their rules doesn't make me right by having cheated the cheater, especially not before they broke their rules.

I appologize to all concerned about my unfair play. I will not do this again. I hope that the time I spent turned useless, the ether gas I paid for transfers, and the 75 ATS I earned honestly by signing up myself will suffice as a penance.

To those considering cheating: If you have low standard ethics; go ahead. If you have some ethical heart; forget about cheating; you'll eventually pay with your feelings of self dignity.

Kind regards to all,

An Authorship cheater
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:37:39 AM

Dear Authorship friends,

I started with a little bit of sarcasm. Well, here I am; I am an Authorship cheater. In this post I shall tell you why I did it, how I did it and what I'm going to do.

Wy I did it
I'm unemployed. I have a decent roof over my head, enough food to eat, even an internet connection, but when my bills are paid I'm monthly broke. Then I read about cryptocoins and how people from investing a few bucks became Bitcoin millionaires. That got me interested. So I'm only into cryptocurrency for a couple of weeks. Now since I don't have a lot of money to invest I got interested in bounty campains. Especially Authorship bounty campain seemed interesting. So I signed up. I don't have family or friends so I posted my link here and there on facebook and forums. The result was dissapointing. Nobody was signing up. At the same time I got that daily overview of people gathering thousands of ATS from referrals. That got me frustrated. I then decided to cheat the system 'a little'. My thought was that everybody would get paid and that I would simply get paid a little more. What would a few of extra ATS mean for a team of devs who would become millionaires with their fundraising? Thus was my thought.

How I did it
I made an Excel sheet on which I wrote about 40 fake names. For every name I made an email adress with providers that don't ask for your mobile number. I wrote the adress down. Then I made for every name a myetherweallet adress. The adress and private key I wrote down. Then I installed a VPN. Apparently one not many people use. For every account I changed the IP. The IP I wrote down to avoid using the same IP multiple times. Then I went to Authorship.com to sign up. The referral link and the link where I could see my balance I wrote down. In course of time I randomly used the generated referral links, or I registered directly.

Then the time came to harvest, so I thought. I had to fill in the form for every account. Of the 40-something accounts only 3 were not succesful. I think that for the first 3 accounts I used the Tor browser, those were filtered out. Then I waited for the tokens to arrive. But I received the infamous email where was stated that no further tokens would be issued and that instead we could get 3 free books. Okay, so now I could collect a small library. I didn't overreact. It was my own fault. Cheating doesn't pay off after all I thought. But then I noticed the fierce anger the email generated. People demanded their tokens. And soon enough Authorship decided to hand out tokens to everybody who had less than 4 similar IP's. Out of the 40 accounts I think 20 or so were succesful. I sent gas to the fake wallets. And from the wallets I transferred the ATS. Thus I collected 2275 ATS.

That however is not the end of my story. For the execution by Authorship turned out to be a failure. Some people received double the amount of tokens, while others proclaimed to have played the game honestly while not receiving any tokens. So instead of everybody receiving the ATS which they deserved from the millionaires, whereby I would receive a little bit more than I deserved, now I had received more than I deserved while others received less than they deserved. That doesn't feel right to me and like this I don't think I will ever enjoy my ATS tokens. Especially since the overal situation has outraged so many people.

Evaluation
Here I want to say that I do not feel responsible for the mess that has been created. My unfair play was directed towards a company which would raise millions and not against individuals who often probably don't have more money than me. The mess has been created because Authorship did not prepare and execute the bounty campaign properly.
What was good?
What was bad?
- The parameters for filtering out cheaters were not set properly from the start.
- They even went so far as to suddenly exclude a whole lot of fair players from receiving ATS. They broke the crucial agreement of the bounty campaign. Only heavy protests made them take back that decision.
What would be better?

What was good?
- People didn't accept that Authorship would not hand out their fairly earned ATS. They made themselves being heard.
What was bad?
- People called names and even threatened individuals from Authorship. I find that not an acceptable form of protest.
What would be better?
- Be on fire but also be cool. And realize that the individuals behind Authorship are people with feelings too.

What I will do
So what will I do now? I feel sorry that many of you played a fair game and didn't receive your tokens while I cheated and did receive tokens. That is not as it should be. I doubted about what to do with my ATS now. I am not intending to keep my unfairly earned coins. First I thought to hand them out to a couple of fair players who did not receive their ATS. But since I don't know who is fair and who is not I thought to donate my ATS to charity. But what charity would accept ATS? Eventually I made the decision to return my ATS to Authorship. Authorship cheating on fair playing people is between Authorship and them and in the end does not concern me. My concern is the fact that I cheated on Authorship. Two wrongs don't make a right. And that Authorship cheated their rules doesn't make me right by having cheated the cheater, especially not before they broke their rules.

I appologize to all concerned about my unfair play. I will not do this again. I hope that the time I spent turned useless, the ether gas I paid for transfers, and the 75 ATS I earned honestly by signing up myself will suffice as a penance.

To those considering cheating: If you have low standard ethics; go ahead. If you have some ethical heart; forget about cheating; you'll eventually pay with your feelings of self dignity.

Kind regards to all,

An Authorship cheater

Wow. Didn't expect to see something like this here. You are honest and fair man. Everytime the you do something good this will return to you soon. I hope you will find your way to earn some money dude!

Noizie

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:49:32 AM

Dear Authorship cheaters,

I am an Investor in the Authorship ICO. I invested some 2000 USD in the ICO. I was aware that many people will try to cheat the system.
So what, the 1 mio ATS will be given away anyway, so this just did not bother me. Me and some friends also did much promotion for authorship.
All together we 7-8 people should have some 400 referrals.  That's in sum 30.000 ATS. What did we receive? 2850 ATS all together.
That's not even 10%. The "rule" upon the decision was made whether to pay or not is just a joke. Everyone who knows how the I-net is working just laughs about that. i't simply doesn't work that way to count one IP to one physical person.

We also invested in the ICO, my 2000 USD plus 6000 USD coming from friends i know.
The Bounty campaign turned out to be a big disaster. It's not even the cheaters fault i believe. They should have just payed out the ATS to everyone no matter if the referrals were legit or not. As I see now, every community declares Authorship as a scam. Not good for investors. I fear, that our invest will be going to zero as soon as ATS will be hitting the exchanges.

The way Authorship handled the whole campaign was the most unprofessional stunt i've ever seen.

Dear cheaters, it's not your fault.

alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:53:22 AM

I dont receive the free airdrops as well, it may be a 'free' token which is actually not free but how can they make so awful explanation about it, that long horrible bullsh*t story. They only succeded in distributing 20% ot total registered account?! Nonsense dude, nonsense at all

konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:18:08 AM

can not be allowed to reign again like that person let alone make other people's names become polluted because of very bad behavior from him I am here only able to pray that the perpetrators get a worthy reply from his behavior and the victim will get more reward after following other project.

asanezz7

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:21:33 AM

I didn't receive my ATS too. After posting in different sites just to promote their Token and now they are saying we are cheater.   Angry

Crypto McPoopypants

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:33:21 AM

Another person scammed here. I referred around 25 people and only used my IP address for myself. It was all above board from my end. Shame the trust factor wasn't reciprocated from Authorship. I definitely got scammed here.

Their authoritarian tone in dealing with the scam bounty fiasco isn't helping to endear me to the team either.

Noizie

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:22:38 AM

.."Their authoritarian tone in..."

That's why the whole thing is called Authorship.. lol

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:42:30 AM

Dear Authorship friends,

Wy I did it

How I did it

Evaluation
What was good?
What was bad?
What would be better?

What was good?
What was bad?
What would be better?

What I will do

Kind regards to all,

An Authorship cheater

Well done for owning up!
I agree that some of the vitriol directed towards Authorship is excessive. There is though this real issue of the people who were expecting to receive a lot of tokens because they put a huge amount of work into promoting the campaign and generating a lot of interest and a lot of referrals.
I don't see an easy answer though. The hardest workers - the most deserving, have been lumped in with the biggest cheaters - the least deserving. It's really not a great situation Sad

goku19

Activity: 395
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:45:26 AM

Actually same with me,and let me tell you i had only 75 tokens,and i dont even have any referral still i have not recieved my bounty tokens.Well that was very small amount to i ignored but i watched a thread so i just commented
mac1as

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:54:31 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2017, 05:17:21 AM by mac1as

Hello, Im new to this forum and to cryptocurrencies. When I saw info about this project I thought that it is good way to start with this subject. Free e-coins to get to know it better. After posting info with my reflink on my old IT forum I received almost 2,5k ATS from ref program. I even started to make some plans how to spend money and save some coins for future, afterall it was around 300$ (it is good money for me). After this scam I dont think I will engage anymore in cryptocurrencies. What ATS did was not good for whole idea cause lot of ppl like me will be discouraged.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2co1tg3.jpg
rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:13:41 PM

Iam also not paid for 310 ATS  I earned. Yet the claimed that all have been paid. I am leaving them with their conscience.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:15:55 PM

Me too I didn't received my tokens, I think all we can do now is to scream "SCAM" in all their thread, I hate people scamming even in the airdrops

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:24:25 PM

Iam also not paid for 310 ATS  I earned. Yet the claimed that all have been paid. I am leaving them with their conscience.

I know what you're saying, but don't leave them. Hound and harass them to giving out what they stated.

This was handled very badly and they deserve nothing but grief for what they're doing now. Its not how an ICO should be run and is giving bad press to other ICO's in the pipeline.

These cowards, especially the CEO Nolan, need a good kick in the ass over this. I won't let this rest, and encourage everyone to keep at these guys for what they've done.

To Nolan. Man up you tool, admit you got this wrong, do the right thing.
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:27:54 PM

yes, its totally scam, i spent the whole night to prepare for the airdrop, but i havnt got anything return, maybe we should find out the team member and be careful with them in the later time

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: