Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Datacoin - Censorship-Free Data Storage  (Read 66645 times)
extro24 (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:08:26 PM

the DTCBrowser is actually really cool, gotta play with it. i think it would be great to highlight that one for datacoin rookies like me to show what is different compared to other coins. pictures/working product shows more than thousand words:)

Thanks for the advice.  I think I will start such a section on the OP and ask batesresearch to do the same on the website.

Buy orders for 800000DTC on BTCPOP and 500000DTC on FreiExchange.  Buyers now at 110 satoshi.  Slowly going up  Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:11:55 PM

Can Datacoin be somehow useful in medicine? Like storage for medical history?
Or can be like capsule for other blockchains?

muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:41:29 PM

I know, that people like pump, but c'mon, this guy who removed orders from sell side, is just stupid.
It will pump, on 100-500$ vol, then drop hard.
I don't understand, who normal would do this, but ok...
DatacoinMiner

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:58:16 PM

I know, that people like pump, but c'mon, this guy who removed orders from sell side, is just stupid.
It will pump, on 100-500$ vol, then drop hard.
I don't understand, who normal would do this, but ok...

Hi muf18

The insinuation that someone is trying to pump is a stretch when you look at the trade history on both exchanges.
It looks more like someone just wanted to fill their bags with a high quality coin for under 4 cents each.
Note they cut off their buying spree on both exchanges at the same level.
If they were pumping, they could've gone to a much higher price...

Kind Regards,
DatacoinMiner

Free Datacoin available for development -- DM me:)
muf18

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:04:31 AM

I mean sell side became thin, and this is a targetted action, because there was sold only a few thousands on exchange and sell side had about 100K to sell, now it has 1K on a few levels, which is funny, just like 1-2 guys are controlling main supply of a coin.
I dont go into, if it's good or not - I look into such stupid mechanism, which is going on now - it will pump probably to 600-1000 sats, and then somebody will flood sell side again to 100sats.
It's easy to see.
DatacoinMiner

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:07:25 AM

Hi deathmul,

Short answer:
Yes

Long answer:
Play around with http://Apertus.io (very very Beta release)
See what can be done.
You can encrypt, you can put it in raw, and you can link to other chains -- everything you are mentioning and more is possible.
Getting Datacoin to 0.10.X is important to unlock even more features. But even right now those things can be accomplished.

Search "Datacoin" on http://bitFossil.org to see some sample etchings on the Datacoin blockchain Smiley

Kind Regards,
DatacoinMiner

DatacoinMiner

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:09:04 AM

I mean sell side became thin, and this is a targetted action, because there was sold only a few thousands on exchange and sell side had about 100K to sell, now it has 1K on a few levels, which is funny, just like 1-2 guys are controlling main supply of a coin.
I dont go into, if it's good or not - I look into such stupid mechanism, which is going on now - it will pump probably to 600-1000 sats, and then somebody will flood sell side again to 100sats.
It's easy to see.
There was never a 100,000K for sale, but there was 25K +
I know because I watch constantly as I'm looking for deals.
The sell side became "thin" because it was bought out.
Look at the trade history.
Someone went in on both exchanges and purchased every Datacoin they could for under 4 cents...
It's that simple.

extro24 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:35:01 AM

Datacoin Trading

Datacoin just sold for 600 satoshi on the FreiExchange.  The market cap is $2 million, and we are back where we were 4 years ago.  www.coinmarketcap.com/currencies/datacoin

There is now a severe problem of no sellers on the FreiExchange.  Anybody with coins to sell please post at a price of your choice so that we can have price discovery.

Thank you.
-extro

muf18

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:40:23 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 08:54:42 AM by muf18

It's easy to see.
There was never a 100,000K for sale, but there was 25K +
I know because I watch constantly as I'm looking for deals.
The sell side became "thin" because it was bought out.
Look at the trade history.
Someone went in on both exchanges and purchased every Datacoin they could for under 4 cents...
It's that simple.

It wasn't bought.
There were a few deals (trades) here and there, then when DTC became on coinmarketcap it had resulted into withdrawing orders from sell side, and I'm sure about it. Besides there were more than 1K orders at higher price points, someone is just manipulating, because apparently only a few people have any supplies of coin.

Buying up whole orderbook is non-sense, provides 0 info, about a real demand, and can be done with a few usd.

Nice now guy chop coins into parts, with 40coins each price level. There are really so few holders, that whole orderbook is managed by 1 guy ?
deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:01:15 AM

Hi deathmul,

Short answer:
Yes

Long answer:
Play around with http://Apertus.io (very very Beta release)
See what can be done.
You can encrypt, you can put it in raw, and you can link to other chains -- everything you are mentioning and more is possible.
Getting Datacoin to 0.10.X is important to unlock even more features. But even right now those things can be accomplished.

Search "Datacoin" on http://bitFossil.org to see some sample etchings on the Datacoin blockchain Smiley

Kind Regards,
DatacoinMiner

Thank you. Now I see that my imagination is a limit Wink

ZenoDiac

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:51:32 AM

This could also be incorporated into the Internet of Things.
Certainly possible. With proper integration, it contains real business potential.
Personal data can be linked offline by companies.
Datacoin is adapt for record keeping.
extro24 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:47:00 PM

It's easy to see.

Dearest muf18

Reality is that the buyers have taken out most of the sellers and now we have few coins left on the markets.  Instead of offers of 10 000 or more DTC that we used to see we now have 1000 or at most 2000 DTC.  We are visible on CoinMarketCap and everyone knows we will soon be listed on the Next Exchange.  Even now a Datacoin costs about 5 cents (US), so people are loading up while it is cheap.

I see 40 nodes on CryptoId, so probably only 20 or so miners.  I expect more mining rigs and pools will be added to Datacoin, and that might relieve the shortage of coins.

Cheers
-extro

muf18

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:11:36 PM

Extro I agree to the point that you are added to coinmarketcap.
Still shortage and eventual pump will only come from not enough sell orders, which will cause later big dump.
And no it wasn't all bought up, somebody has pulled off their orders deliberately to create fake scarcity.
On btcpop it's better still, there is manipulation with orders - sometimes pop up thousands, and later there is only 1000 coin to sell at given price.
Real price is between 90-100sats, there is some demand.
Later price can come up - but sell orders should at least have 50K coins on orders, like Slimcoin have always 50-100K orders in sell orders. And some in buy side.
liaoguipan

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:51:00 PM

Glad to see this goodcoin come back again Smiley
DatacoinMiner

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:05:32 PM

Still shortage and eventual pump will only come from not enough sell orders, which will cause later big dump.
And no it wasn't all bought up, somebody has pulled off their orders deliberately to create fake scarcity.
On btcpop it's better still, there is manipulation with orders - sometimes pop up thousands, and later there is only 1000 coin to sell at given price.
Later price can come up - but sell orders should at least have 50K coins on orders, like Slimcoin have always 50-100K orders in sell orders. And some in buy side.

"And no it wasn't all bought up, somebody has pulled off their orders deliberately to create fake scarcity."

Let's assume you are correct about the orders being pulled (which you aren't because I'm in both exchanges HOURLY to literally buy up what I can under a certain pricepoint, if someone had a 100,000 Datacoin sell, I would've literally bought it immediately, guaranteed).

But let's say someone did do that....
What are some other way to look at that instead of "manipulating."
1. Supply and demand.
Demand is clearly going up, so they know they could pull the order then sell at a higher price point later.
That's literally how the market place works.
If you think that's manipulation, literally every stock market, crypto exchange, ebay, amazon, and the whole entire market world is then "manipulating" and needs to be shut down immediately.

"Later price can come up - but sell orders should at least have 50K coins on orders, like Slimcoin have always 50-100K orders in sell orders. And some in buy side."
Why?
If people don't want to sell, that's their right.
I'm certainly NOT selling at this ridiculously low price-point. No way.
3 cents a coin for a global immutable Cypherpunk blockchain that can be customized to fit literally any data entry need?
Insane. The price is stupid low.

You can't make people sell if they don't want to.
I honestly can't see what you are getting at.
Are you wanting to buy and you're frustrated you can't?
Then mine Datacoin.
I've been mining for years. You could've too, and you still can. Datacoin has never been a secret, it came out very publicly YEARS ago.
So please, you're making no sense sir. Think before you post.
And if you honestly believe you have a valid point to make, then take screen shots and formulate an argument that actually makes sense, or frankly you're just being a troll.

Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:03:35 PM

I look at these market incentives another way.
There are buyers looking for large lots hoping to shake the weak hands of those who have been holding onto large bags for years.

Another way to look at things is by comparing our prime generation with Primecoin.

We've had an uptick and difficulty levels are in the 9.83 range right now compared to Primecoin at 10.98.
Over the last 12 months, XPM has gone from 4 cents to 89 cents.

Both the Primecoin and Datacoin network share very similar performance characteristics yet we've bundled an additional feature to add value.
Time will tell how the market reacts. Maybe someone should work to help shift some of the XPM mining swarm over to our chain.

I think that will help quite a bit.

It would also be good to have a page kept up in realtime showing the profitability of mining XPM versus DTC so we can track our own flippening there.
muf18

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:06:50 PM

"And no it wasn't all bought up, somebody has pulled off their orders deliberately to create fake scarcity."

Let's assume you are correct about the orders being pulled (which you aren't because I'm in both exchanges HOURLY to literally buy up what I can under a certain pricepoint, if someone had a 100,000 Datacoin sell, I would've literally bought it immediately, guaranteed).

But let's say someone did do that....
What are some other way to look at that instead of "manipulating."
1. Supply and demand.
Demand is clearly going up, so they know they could pull the order then sell at a higher price point later.
That's literally how the market place works.
If you think that's manipulation, literally every stock market, crypto exchange, ebay, amazon, and the whole entire market world is then "manipulating" and needs to be shut down immediately.

"Later price can come up - but sell orders should at least have 50K coins on orders, like Slimcoin have always 50-100K orders in sell orders. And some in buy side."
Why?
If people don't want to sell, that's their right.
I'm certainly NOT selling at this ridiculously low price-point. No way.
3 cents a coin for a global immutable Cypherpunk blockchain that can be customized to fit literally any data entry need?
Insane. The price is stupid low.

You can't make people sell if they don't want to.
I honestly can't see what you are getting at.
Are you wanting to buy and you're frustrated you can't?
Then mine Datacoin.
I've been mining for years. You could've too, and you still can. Datacoin has never been a secret, it came out very publicly YEARS ago.
So please, you're making no sense sir. Think before you post.
And if you honestly believe you have a valid point to make, then take screen shots and formulate an argument that actually makes sense, or frankly you're just being a troll.

You still don't understand me.
I don't argue if price is low/high (I think it's good project, I really do).
I think, that still market rules applies, and it shouldn't be violated.
There weren't any trades today almost, and somebody chopped off their sell orders to 40 coins each price level.
I understand, probably it's doing one or two guys, who are pulling out orders.
I could say the same that for Slimcoin project there is insanely low price, and it is, but, it is as it is, and there isn't such manipulation going on.
So you are basically creating demand, yes? If you are buying on both exchanges, than you are practically only one participant of the market (maybe some 2-3 guys in-and-out).
CryptoLuck07

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:10:36 PM

Does anyone know who controls the datacoin-project account at Github?  Seems like a nice handle where we could park our updates.

I have tried to get the co-operation of the owner of the datacoin account, but with no success.
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:18:38 PM

Does anyone know who controls the datacoin-project account at Github?  Seems like a nice handle where we could park our updates.

I have tried to get the co-operation of the owner of the datacoin account, but with no success.

Hello CryptoLuck07,

We've landed at https://github.com/datacoinproject for 2018.
    All of the related projects are there.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
extro24 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:55:43 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 09:07:07 PM by extro24

I look at these market incentives another way.
There are buyers looking for large lots hoping to shake the weak hands of those who have been holding onto large bags for years.

Another way to look at things is by comparing our prime generation with Primecoin.

We've had an uptick and difficulty levels are in the 9.83 range right now compared to Primecoin at 10.98.
Over the last 12 months, XPM has gone from 4 cents to 89 cents.

Both the Primecoin and Datacoin network share very similar performance characteristics yet we've bundled an additional feature to add value.
Time will tell how the market reacts. Maybe someone should work to help shift some of the XPM mining swarm over to our chain.

I think that will help quite a bit.

It would also be good to have a page kept up in realtime showing the profitability of mining XPM versus DTC so we can track our own flippening there.

Chicago you make a lot of sense.  The price of a mineable cryptocurrency seems to track the difficulty, which is related to the mining.  So if you want to increase the price, you should mine to increase the difficulty.

Weird, I know, but you have spotted the method in the madness.  The other factors in the price are the number of wallets and the number of exchanges.

The mechanism for this behaviour is probably the dynamic difficulty adjustment algorithm.  The more hashpower you throw at the network, the lower the block reward.  This means that the number of coins produced per day drops, because the block time stays the same.  At the moment we are adding about 14000 coins per day to the circulation.  Add more miners and that would decrease to 10000 or even 8000.  Add massive mining pools and you could literally choke off the supply of Datacoin.  While sending the price through the roof.  I have been in contact with one XPM pool and I gave them our code when they asked for it.

@muf18 there is your answer.  Mine some Datacoin.  You will give yourself some free coins AND you will increase the price of Datacoin.  A win-win no?

Cheers.  It has been a great day.
-extro

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: