Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:39:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Datacoin - Censorship-Free Data Storage  (Read 66645 times)
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:12:15 AM

I have offer for listing on gopax - 0.5-0.66btc fee for listing, flat fee 2btc for 3-4coins, would you go for it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bugreporterr

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:34:40 PM

Thousands of USD to be listed on an exchange nobody heard of? No, bad deal. In 2014 that price is good deal. This is 2018.
drozenski

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:22:02 AM

Since difficulty is low can we CPU mine this much like Primecoin back in the day?

I have 5 servers each with 128 cores that sit idle all day in a test environment. I cant find a CPU miner anywhere.

Any one have one that's pool capable?
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:18:00 AM

Since difficulty is low can we CPU mine this much like Primecoin back in the day?

I have 5 servers each with 128 cores that sit idle all day in a test environment. I cant find a CPU miner anywhere.

Hi drozenski,

With 128 cores, maybe pick one of the 5 servers and sync a datacoind on it (will take a couple of days) and then send a setgenerate call to the RPC.
    You'll then be able to tune the setsieveextensions and setsievepercentage values through trial and error for optimal results.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
extro24 (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:12:12 AM

I have offer for listing on gopax - 0.5-0.66btc fee for listing, flat fee 2btc for 3-4coins, would you go for it?

Dear muf18

Thank you for your good work but we have been able to get 3 listings on very nice exchanges without paying any money.  And that was within the last 6 months. 

Currently, we need to complete our listing with the Next Exchange, and that will keep us occupied for now.

Cheers
-extro

extro24 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:20:30 AM

Hi drozenski,

With 128 cores, maybe pick one of the 5 servers and sync a datacoind on it (will take a couple of days) and then send a setgenerate call to the RPC.
    You'll then be able to tune the setsieveextensions and setsievepercentage values through trial and error for optimal results.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Hi drozenski

This is very interesting.  Please report on your experiences in this forum. 

Perhaps you find the mining guides useful: 
https://github.com/datacoinproject/datacoin/wiki/Windows-Mining-of-Datacoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636017.0
https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/1630-guide-how-to-mine-datacoin-using-digital-ocean/

-extro

drozenski

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:04:49 AM

Hi drozenski,

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Hi drozenski

This is very interesting.  Please report on your experiences in this forum.  

Perhaps you find the mining guides useful:  
https://github.com/datacoinproject/datacoin/wiki/Windows-Mining-of-Datacoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636017.0
https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/1630-guide-how-to-mine-datacoin-using-digital-ocean/

-extro

All these servers are running a headless version of windows. I own the company but these servers are configured in such a way that installing new software is a pain in the ass process. However running a miner in a CMD promt is no problem. I have a CPU miner that works with the algo's listed below and I've been using it on monero but would really like to see what 640 cores could do on a pool for datacoin.

Code:
                          anime        Animecoin (ANI)
                          argon2
                          axiom        Shabal-256 MemoHash
                          bastion
                          blake        blake256r14 (SFR)
                          blakecoin    blake256r8
                          blake2s      Blake-2 S
                          bmw          BMW 256
                          c11          Chaincoin
                          cryptolight  Cryptonight-light
                          cryptonight  cryptonote, Monero (XMR)
                          decred       Blake256r14dcr
                          deep         Deepcoin (DCN)
                          dmd-gr       Diamond
                          drop         Dropcoin
                          fresh        Fresh
                          groestl      Groestl coin
                          heavy        Heavy
                          hmq1725      Espers
                          hodl         Hodlcoin
                          jha          jackppot (Jackpotcoin)
                          keccak       Maxcoin
                          keccakc      Creative Coin
                          lbry         LBC, LBRY Credits
                          luffa        Luffa
                          lyra2h       Hppcoin
                          lyra2re      lyra2
                          lyra2rev2    lyrav2, Vertcoin
                          lyra2z       Zcoin (XZC)
                          lyra2z330    Lyra2 330 rows, Zoin (ZOI)
                          m7m          Magi (XMG)
                          myr-gr       Myriad-Groestl
                          neoscrypt    NeoScrypt(128, 2, 1)
                          nist5        Nist5
                          pentablake   5 x blake512
                          phi1612      phi, LUX coin
                          pluck        Pluck:128 (Supcoin)
                          polytimos
                          quark        Quark
                          qubit        Qubit
                          scrypt       scrypt(1024, 1, 1) (default)
                          scrypt:N     scrypt(N, 1, 1)
                          scryptjane:nf
                          sha256d      Double SHA-256
                          sha256t      Triple SHA-256, Onecoin (OC)
                          shavite3     Shavite3
                          skein        Skein+Sha (Skeincoin)
                          skein2       Double Skein (Woodcoin)
                          skunk        Signatum (SIGT)
                          timetravel   timeravel8, Machinecoin (MAC)
                          timetravel10 Bitcore (BTX)
                          tribus       Denarius (DNR)
                          vanilla      blake256r8vnl (VCash)
                          veltor
                          whirlpool
                          whirlpoolx
                          x11          Dash
                          x11evo       Revolvercoin (XRE)
                          x11gost      sib (SibCoin)
                          x13          X13
                          x13sm3       hsr (Hshare)
                          x14          X14
                          x15          X15
                          x16r         Ravencoin (RVN)
                          x17
                          xevan        Bitsend (BSD)
                          yescrypt     Globlboost-Y (BSTY)
                          yescryptr8   BitZeny (ZNY)
                          yescryptr16  Yenten (YTN)
                          zr5          Ziftr
drozenski

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:04:48 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 08:35:29 PM by drozenski

I just picked up a new GPU. AMD RX580. When ever i try and start the miner it just crash's. Any idea on how to get it working on the new card?

I had a 280x previously.

Im getting this

found platform[0] name = 'AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing'
<info> found 1 devices
Using device 0 as GPU 0
<info> compiling ...
<info> source: 236813 bytes

error: 64-bit kernels not supported on a 32-bit executable
Frontend phase failed compilation.
Error: Compiling CL to IR

prepare_adl success
GPU 0 iAdapterIndex 0 strUDID PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_C5801682&REV_E7_4&B857930&0&0009A iBusNumber 5 iDeviceNumber 0 iFunctionNumber 0 iVendorID 1002 strAdapterName  Radeon RX 580 Series
GPU 0 Radeon RX 580 Series hardware monitoring enabled
Failed to ADL_Overdrive5_ODPerformanceLevels_GetOpenCL error: -46 at /build/xpmclient/src/xpmclient.cpp:101
Existing OpenCL kernel (kernel.bin) incompatible with configuration
Please remove kernel.bin file and restart miner
DatacoinMiner

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:10:42 PM

I just picked up a new GPU. AMD RX580. When ever i try and start the miner it just crash's. Any idea on how to get it working on the new card?

I had a 280x previously.

Im getting this

<info> found 1 devices
Using device 0 as GPU 0
<info> compiling ...

prepare_adl success
GPU 0 iAdapterIndex 0 strUDID PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_C5801682&REV_E7_4&B857930&0&0009A iBusNumber 5 iDeviceNumber 0 iFunctionNumber 0 iVendorID 1002 strAdapterName  Radeon RX 580 Series
Failed to ADL_Overdrive5_ODPerformanceLevels_GetOpenCL error: -46 at /build/xpmclient/src/xpmclient.cpp:101

Hi drozenski,

Great to see you mining Datacoin!

Did you mine with the 280x on this system?

Have you attempted what the program is asking of you --> "Please remove kernel.bin file and restart miner"
You can find this file in the folder that contains your Datacoin miner, perhaps called "dcclient_vX.X.X" -- and contains "kernel.bin" -- remove that file by either deleting it, or even better, putting in another folder to save just in case.
The kernel may need to rebuild to work with the new GPU... when you restart the miner, it should create a new kernel.bin

Let us know how it goes Smiley

Regards,
DatacoinMiner

Free Datacoin available for development -- DM me:)
ZenoDiac

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:01:40 PM

Interesting... you can use this wallet https://sourceforge.net/projects/datacoin/ to CPU mine.
It contains an embedded CPU miner (select the amount of cores) if you would just like to test it out on one server first.
Otherwise, you can do what Chicago suggested.
drozenski

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:25:43 AM

I had a 280x previously.

Im getting this

<info> found 1 devices
Using device 0 as GPU 0
<info> compiling ...

prepare_adl success
GPU 0 iAdapterIndex 0 strUDID PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_C5801682&REV_E7_4&B857930&0&0009A iBusNumber 5 iDeviceNumber 0 iFunctionNumber 0 iVendorID 1002 strAdapterName  Radeon RX 580 Series

Hi drozenski,

Great to see you mining Datacoin!

Did you mine with the 280x on this system?

Have you attempted what the program is asking of you --> "Please remove kernel.bin file and restart miner"
You can find this file in the folder that contains your Datacoin miner, perhaps called "dcclient_vX.X.X" -- and contains "kernel.bin" -- remove that file by either deleting it, or even better, putting in another folder to save just in case.
The kernel may need to rebuild to work with the new GPU... when you restart the miner, it should create a new kernel.bin

Let us know how it goes Smiley

Regards,
DatacoinMiner

I was able to figure it out. Had to set my system virtual memory from 32GB to 18GB
drozenski

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:37:29 AM

Interesting... you can use this wallet https://sourceforge.net/projects/datacoin/ to CPU mine.
It contains an embedded CPU miner (select the amount of cores) if you would just like to test it out on one server first.

Again i cant install anything on these systems. We use them for testing scientific models before they are uploaded for full modeling. Normally these take 2-3 days of cpu power then they lay dormant weeks on end until the next research project. I would need a miner that i can run in a CMD prompt. Nothing is allowed to be installed or it could mess with test results.
Chicago

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:46:01 AM

Again i cant install anything on these systems. We use them for testing scientific models before they are uploaded for full modeling. Normally these take 2-3 days of cpu power then they lay dormant weeks on end until the next research project. I would need a miner that i can run in a CMD prompt. Nothing is allowed to be installed or it could mess with test results.

Hi drozenski,

If you're able to execute a CPU miner as a user on the system, then you're able to execute a Datacoin-Qt or datacoind as a user.
    An "installation" would be if the program became installed and was available for all users through their Start Menu.

Simply running a Datacoin-Qt or datacoind as a user without performing a full installation is just like running a CPU miner in that the user is just running a program which writes some data to the user's profile directory.
    In the case of Datacoin, the files would be written into %APPDATA%\Datacoin.

Are you saying there is a difference in your environment which makes it safe to use a CPU miner which writes log files and other data but not safe to run the node software?
    If so - then what do you think is the functional difference?

Best Regards,
-Chicago
drozenski

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:30:30 AM

Hi drozenski,

If you're able to execute a CPU miner as a user on the system, then you're able to execute a Datacoin-Qt or datacoind as a user.
    An "installation" would be if the program became installed and was available for all users through their Start Menu.

Simply running a Datacoin-Qt or datacoind as a user without performing a full installation is just like running a CPU miner in that the user is just running a program which writes some data to the user's profile directory.
    In the case of Datacoin, the files would be written into %APPDATA%\Datacoin.

Are you saying there is a difference in your environment which makes it safe to use a CPU miner which writes log files and other data but not safe to run the node software?
    If so - then what do you think is the functional difference?

Best Regards,
-Chicago

The CPU miner i have now does not write any logs and allows me to run it from a network share. Been very successful for Monero mining. I was just hoping some one has something similar. But looks like the CPU miners all died when GPU mining came out.
Chicago

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:48:45 AM

The CPU miner i have now does not write any logs and allows me to run it from a network share. Been very successful for Monero mining. I was just hoping some one has something similar. But looks like the CPU miners all died when GPU mining came out.

CPU mining was super successful for me as late as a few months ago before the recent uptick.
With 5 x 128 cores you'd have a good run of it.
Chicago

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:02:32 AM

I am beginning to see the following in my debug.log.

PROCESSMESSAGE: INVALID MESSAGESTART

This means there is some other coin sharing our port number with a different Network ID.
ZenoDiac

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:48:33 PM

I am beginning to see the following in my debug.log.

PROCESSMESSAGE: INVALID MESSAGESTART

This means there is some other coin sharing our port number with a different Network ID.

Is there a place where people can see the ports being used by coin networks?
DatacoinMiner

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:03:22 PM

Hi Team,

If anyone wants to know the absolute fastest loading wallet we have is, it's the Veronium "High Performance Wallet" that includes solo mining support.
Located here:  https://yadi.sk/d/6YbILBAN3NnvRn
It loaded in about 12 hours on a typical quad core computer.
The other versions take over 2 days.
That's a substantial increase in time that others may want to know about.
Any future work on wallets needs to extract the improvements that are in this wallet that allows for such a substantial time increase.
It doesn't automatically find nodes however, so you'll need to do the addnode method - this needs to be looked at too - Chicago's branch fixes this.

Just very pleased to know we have a quicker wallet out in the wild right now for experimentation purposes.
embii and I are notorious for knocking wallets out -- quicker recovery time for experimentation needs is key.

Kind Regards,
DatacoinMiner -- AtomSea

Free Datacoin available for development -- DM me:)
GilbertCrypto

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:07:16 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 12:54:45 AM by GilbertCrypto

Hi drozenski,

Primecoin cpu miner: https://github.com/j0nn9/XPMiner

Maybe I say a big bullshit  Cheesy since you can not install anything, but you can not put the miner on an external drive with, for example, USB and launch it from there?
extro24 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:37:00 AM

Fascinating philosophical interpretation of the blockchain - and Datacoin fits right in to it:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-blockchain-is-cloud-20-expert-take

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: