Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:50:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES PLATFORM VS ETH PLATFORM  (Read 37359 times)
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:34:17 PM

For me, the ecosystem of Ethereum is clearly better. Many 3.0 crypto companies raise on this currency.

Smart Contract with Smart Token of Bancor are really powerful.
Look the system of Taas for smart contract ,

and many others. REGA sharing Risk also have both soon. (Bancor+Ethereum)

Future for Ether are great, but Waves have a nice way to do when i look on this roadmap.

Answer at Q1 2018.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
pambud

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:52:51 PM

You cannot compare between Waves and Ethereum, as long as I know it is totally different , the Wave not a smart contract while Ethereum platform with the ERC20 tokens.
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:02:38 PM

There's a lot in the pipeline both for Waves and ETH, Ethereum Metropolis is coming and Waves is getting ready for its next release as well. Cool!
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:04:50 PM

From investment point of view, WAVES is better as the price is far away from the full potential. On the other side, ETH price pick was half a year ago.

From development point of view, ETH is better as have much better adoption and acceptance.
solarrobot

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:17:38 PM

Waves is just the opposite to ETH probably. What ETH do is develop Bitcoin scripting, do everything using contracts, it’s very fundamental but makes certain things very complicated. Waves took another road, where things are simpler, very easy to add all functionality you need using plug-ins, don’t have to code complicated contracts. Also waves focus is on mass adoption, specifically target two markets : fiat transfers on blockchain and crowdfunding on blockchain. They are very ripe for disruption, and waves will be offering a product for a very general audience, basically the main end-user client is just a plugin you can install from Chrome.
Thanks, I guess this is a very good explanation. Waves is indeed easier to use, there're even videos on youtube showing how easy it is to create a token on this platform. And it's written on Java mostly, so that is also an advantage above ethereum. Nevertheless, I believe that waves will never beat eth if both stay alive, because eth is just too popular already and people trust it more.

Being written in JAVA might have it's advantages... but definitely not a flat out advantage. I'm interested to know what types of functionality will be added to waves with smart contracts, and how they intend to achieve this. Are the smart contracts on or off chain does any one know?
shirokumo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:32:10 AM

You can read this to better understand the difference:
https://medium.com/@encryptotel/encryptotel-why-waves-and-why-ethereum-fe3bc7955f1e
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:04:43 AM

Both of them have different advantages but if we talking about smart contract, reilability and power, ETH is definitely better than Waves.
But it is easier and simple to use Waves.
Althought, according to roadmap, Waves going to grow and will have good future.
TehJoker

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:08:58 AM

Ethereum is better. Many ICO had launched on this platform. It's can work well with many transaction.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:10:28 AM

I believe that the ethereum platform with the ERC20 tokens give more credibility to the project

This is certainly sure for the moment, but it is a pity, because waves is a more user friendly interface. The day that waves should add smart contracts features the game could change.

I somehow share the same sentiment with you. The sad thing is that Etherium is the main actor for now. I remember some other tokens that started off with Waves that shifted eventually to ERC20 tokens.  The support that will come is bigger I think with ETH.
vfrcbv91

Activity: 337
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:17:15 AM

The idea is no. But Ethereum is more focused on Internet projects, and the waves on a real company.
george_crypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:21:37 AM

Both of them have different advantages but if we talking about smart contract, reilability and power, ETH is definitely better than Waves.
But it is easier and simple to use Waves.
Althought, according to roadmap, Waves going to grow and will have good future.

Waves roadmap seem visionary to me.
With that NG protocol it'll be more attractive and the dex with gui.
Cicada1033

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:31:30 AM

ETH -> save investment

WAVES -> greater risk than eth but on the ther hand possibly more gains

As an Investor you have to choose.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:06:29 AM

And it's written on Java mostly, so that is also an advantage above ethereum. Nevertheless, I believe that waves will never beat eth if both stay alive, because eth is just too popular already and people trust it more.

Waves runs on a JVM but it is written in Go. Anyhow, there is no Waves VS Eth - they are completely different types of platform pitching for very different space in the crypto platform field.
Smart contracts are coming on the Waves platform but, unlike Eth dApps, they are not 100% Turing complete - they are not competing and are aiming at different sectors who have different requirements. In my view Eth and Waves will be the two dominant platforms in the medium term.
Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:17:18 PM

I've seen that these two smart contracts are often used, and the ETH is widely used more often than WAVES. What is the difference between the two platforms?
Ethereum most often used in the ICO altcoin campaign, every time I check it out in the bounties then Waves few only and sometimes being used  in the Bitcoin campaign.
crpt01

Activity: 174
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:42:08 PM

Adding Waves DEX in TabTrader soon, another great news !

https://twitter.com/tabtraderbtc/status/909326609844490240
msemenov

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:13:45 PM

Waves does seem as an entrance-level platform for me, for small projects of founders not really into blockchain staff.
Ethereum is more capable and wide-functional but requires more expertise. It is more useful for big blockchain projects which do not need their blockchain but use other ETH functionality.
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:15:32 PM

You cannot compare between Waves and Ethereum, as long as I know it is totally different , the Wave not a smart contract while Ethereum platform with the ERC20 tokens.

This is correct. But the smart contract will be available soon for waves. The big advantage are the low fees for transactions and the speed.
sammy.one

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:21:45 PM

From what I've seen, Waves is trying to be the Jack of all Trades. Have all the features.

Problem is.... "Jack of all trades, master of none."

It's better to specialize. Ether allows for unique, specialized solutions to blockchain problems, Waves does not. With Ether someone can develop a solution and implement immediately. With Waves you're stuck with the Centralized developers deciding if/when they may or may not implement the solution.

Also the DEX is not a DEX. It has a necessarily centralized component to it, the matcher node, blessed by the Devs, normies cannot run matcher nodes. A simple DDOS attack on the central master node and you can take down the whole DEX. Ox protocol is a much, much better and more elegant solution. Brings us back to my previous point. With Ether you can build solutions on top of the chain. With Waves you have to wait for the central planners to decide if a feature is really needed.
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:23:27 PM

i buy and hold both. but i think waves has more potential and will grow. its undervalued.
sammy.one

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:23:46 PM

This is correct. But the smart contract will be available soon for waves. The big advantage are the low fees for transactions and the speed.

The speed is only great right now due to low number of users. Even with <100k users the network gets clogged often. Currently it can only process a maximum of 100 transactions per minute.

100 txs/min is slow AF.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: