Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:46:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN AS PAYMENT FOR ONLINE GAMES  (Read 2677 times)
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:23:14 AM

Yes, it is great! You can buy online games on steam by the bitcoins you have earned which would be extra money with your regular currency. If I got money in bitcoins i would use it to buy games on steam for sure
bennybeezy

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:28:01 AM

if you are thinking like donation or the way of your users uses this currency to buy or sell on the market of your game think twice i play lots of online games they didnt use bit coin as payment currency because it is not stable like it will go higher or apparently it will go lower so if your items has fix price for bitcoin value it will not be so accurate to the market price of your game.. so that the game will adjust for the currency not the currency.. so better use dollars for in terms of market value or currency for your game...

You make a very valid point here. That's why I believe a coin that has a value closer to that of the native currency (i.e. a two-decimal coin) would be much better suited for these types of transactions. Electroneum is a perfect example of a digital currency offering that can do just that. http://electroneum.com
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:25:05 AM

Why waste bitcoins in video games? You'll buy your video games 60$ in btc and it'll cost the double in the following months... But in the following months, other games will be released and yours will not be worth anything... It is a real loss money. Hold your btc or invest in altcoins
If we're investing in bitcoin then that would probably a waste of money for games and etc, but sometimes some of us need refreshment  Grin Grin Probably it would be best if we can spent a little bit of money to enjoy for ourselves. I dont think that would be a waste of money, its just the same as we spend some money on vacation just dont make it a habit  Grin Grin
Manymachine

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:54:42 AM

Maybe using bitcoins is the new alternative of buying mentalities,  but like each new technologies,  you should wait the stabilization of higher prices,  according to the highest value , the rentability gonna bring you a better power of buying , bitcoin use for payments are going to dominate new markets and new technologies , so do it when you should wait ....
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:10:48 AM

Now a days people are more attached with online receipts and online payments for many reasons so it will be convenient for us to pay bitcoin for online games and many other expenses. It’s now adays trend people are more addicted to this even in the fast few years online payment methods increased.
That's correct, I'm used to paying most of my bills online, I wouldn't use Bitcoin though, since I only deem it as an investment to earn more money. Usually, gamers are involved around the usage of technology and online payments, hence the reason why Steam, the largest digital game provider, started accepting Bitcoin payments.
i personally think it only serves to make the company more money, more payment options means more venues for income, and with the low fees associated with bitcoin transaction, this probably benefits valve more in the long run. not to mention the bitcoin fanboys that the addition attracted. honestly, it does make it easier for the customer as well, there's no need to sign into a different payment system, or enter your credit card info. though, i would assume that they would require one confirmation, which is the shortfall of bitcoin, and may be all the inconvenience that some consumers need to deter them from using it.

Why waste bitcoins in video games? You'll buy your video games 60$ in btc and it'll cost the double in the following months... But in the following months, other games will be released and yours will not be worth anything... It is a real loss money. Hold your btc or invest in altcoins

yeah agree, id rather invest on bitcoins than buying games or other digital stuffs online. also you can just download games on google for free and theres always a cracked or fulll version of the game without spending a single penny. but i guess its always a good idea that bitcoin can be used on game platform like steam and if they can implement a betting feauture with bitcoins for a much fun experience.
paying for games is to support the developers and such, they did put work into it and all. but to each their own.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
SrujanPanuganti

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:27:02 AM

Yes.It will be helpful for us if online gambling websites accepts cryptocurrencies.You can easily invest in it and play and earn and could only withdraw your winning amount.
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:31:43 AM

I don't like to use my bitcoin for payment especially transaction with small amount, that's not worth it.
and why use bitcoin just for gaming?
elLiteZero

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:37:28 AM

It's an good idea that bitcoin can be used as a payment for online games.
It will be helpfull for us, you can easily invest it, play, earn, and could only withdraw your winning amount.
chichan13

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:38:31 AM

I need your opinion about having bitcoin for payments in online games, it is good or nah?

Using bitcoin as payments for in-game items and upgrades is very useful since many people are capable of technology devices though bitcoin and online games are done by computers.

I thinks its very efficient for me as a gamer and a bitcoin user to have a transaction or payment like that.

Having bitcoins as one of the methods of payment for online games carries both advantage and disadvantage. It would be a lot faster and cheaper to use bitcoins but the value of bitcoins is so volatile that the gaming companies might use it to profit more. They might just open the payment method only in the season when bitcoins reaches peaks and closes the market when bitcoins are sloping down.
jzale

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:39:34 AM

This is one of my most anticipated feature for every online games in the future. This is a great thing! Imagine using bitcoins to purchase your wants in every online games that you play. This is present on STEAM. You can purchase steam wallet via BTC.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:51:34 AM

I need your opinion about having bitcoin for payments in online games, it is good or nah?

Using bitcoin as payments for in-game items and upgrades is very useful since many people are capable of technology devices though bitcoin and online games are done by computers.

I thinks its very efficient for me as a gamer and a bitcoin user to have a transaction or payment like that.

Having bitcoins as one of the methods of payment for online games carries both advantage and disadvantage. It would be a lot faster and cheaper to use bitcoins but the value of bitcoins is so volatile that the gaming companies might use it to profit more. They might just open the payment method only in the season when bitcoins reaches peaks and closes the market when bitcoins are sloping down.
Your point is wrong, video game copy provider use payment gateway that make the rate fixed and they'll receive fixed amount of money, but, the speed of transaction will be a disadvantages for someone who might think to use bitcoin as payment method, if the payment gateway need 1 confirmation, then you need to wait more than 15 minutes just to get 1 confirmation, and the fee itself is more expensive than bank transfer, I doubt that if you even have tried to use bitcoin for buying stuff lol.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Manymachine

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:09:38 AM

Take a look on the draft of xenio.io  "decentralized gaming plateform" seem like a good alternative of steam and non steam
potatocorner

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:27:02 AM

I think it is good for players who are looking for storage of their money in terms of different games they play. Actually the signature campaign I have joined is proposing this type of concept and I believe it will be successful because there are mamy users who are also gamers and for sure they will use this kind of things.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
coinstalker23

Activity: 310
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:40:24 AM

Its a great news for a gamer like me and the community of gamer because it can ease the payment of ingame items without the use of creditcards. We all know that almost not all people can get a credit card like me in the philippines there's many thing that youll do just to get an credit card but with bitcoin it is hassle free as long as you got bitcoin wallet .
youok

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:09:28 PM

I'm not a gamer addict. but I've played some games like pointblank ,race car games etc.
 we can buy and sell the  items or equipment needed when playing a game . beside we need an exchange. if bitcoin is used for transactions in online games it would be a good idea. there are some advantages when bitcoin is used as a method of payment . for example as follows :

1. game players will get knowledge about bitcoin itself.
2. game players doesn't need to buy card to store because the transaction can be done via the internet.
3. more easy to use if it is compared with other payment method.

that's my little opinion  Wink

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:33:11 PM

If we consider Bitcoin as a currency, we should be able to buy anything, including online game contents, with. There's not a lot of people who is aware if bitcoin now, but I believe in Bitcoin because I think it'll be more and more used as a currency in the future.

I think bitcoin is accepted in Steam wallet. Also its another good market for bitcoin. Sooner bitcoin will be mainstream and widely used. I know it is opening in the gaming industry so is some tokens. We need more integration with this.

Open for Campaigns
Psalms23

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:13:12 AM

I think it will provide ease of access and fast sales for gamers and companies.  Since bitcoin is easily accessible by computers,  and usually those who tend to play computer games are also into bitcoins,  so most probably gamers with bitcoins can easily purchase and try games without needing anything aside from their bitcoin wallet.

████████████          SWG.IO     /     Smart World Global Token          ███          BINANCE Square #SWGT          ████████████
████████████          PRE SALE IS LIVE! at $0.15     ███     BUY NOW          ████████████
████████████          ✅ FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED      ███     CERTIK AUDITED          ████████████
EXITCORNER

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:22:35 AM

Biggest DRM original game - Steam already apply btc payment
u can buy steam wallet with btc (Digital money u can buy game, in-game item, etc)
i hope other big DRM Games will apply btc too like EA (Origin), Blizzard (Battle net), Uplay and etc
let's hope btc will acceptable in many way and many things

Agamemnus

Activity: 267

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:51:43 PM

Bitcoin has already been payment for online games for quite some time. However I do not recommend you spend your bitcoins as one day they will be worth a whole lot more.

chichan13

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:04:26 PM

For me it is good because Valve has partnered with Bitcoin payment service Bitpay to bring everyone's favorite cryptocurrency to games platform Steam. Bitpay says it was approached by the company because it wanted to internationalize its operation, making it easier for Steam users in emerging markets to to buy games without using a credit card.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: