Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:46:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam?  (Read 32134 times)
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:47:04 AM

No one gives a guarantee on ICO because out 10 more than 3 projects get into the scam because most of the dev become greedy when they got enough money. Many other Dev will work until their desired product is released.

jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:47:18 AM

Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

Actually in my own understand with ICO's is that some companies that is really want to take in action to the world of cryptocurrencies uses it because if the actual ICO of them succeed in their crowdsale then their tokens/coins will have a value and a market capitalization instantly unlike starting from the bottom that will make you spend in different kinds of marketing to market your newly created tokens/coins.

Most of the companies or even only a group of people uses this ICO to take their ideas to be funded by investors(which is the people like you) in hoping that their platforms will succeed in the future but most of them in fact really abuses it so it is much better to be skeptical when investing in ICO's because you can't blame anyone in the end except yourself, know first the background of that ICO and its creators before doing so.
digital_weezer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:25:12 PM

I don't think there are as many scams as people suggest, but it only takes a few bad apples to ruin everything i guess.

Investing in ICO's is very much like investing into anything, research and doing your homework is what is needed. Personally these are the things i look for in a ICO:-

- Stong Team - Not just good developers, but also a good strong marketing team, finance and CEO's who have experience and can drive the company's idea home. People focus too much on the developers and they are important, but if the CEO is a boob, not going to get far regardless of the product.

- White paper - This is the very outline of the business, if this doesn't make sense or is poorly written it is a huge warning signal. This document is supposed to explain everything and get people excited about their company.

- Do they need a altcoin? - If they do not need one, then the only reason they are creating one is to raise an ICO, keep away from those.

- Numbers make sense - The numbers need to be correct and thought out. Not just the ability to add more coins when the time comes. Also probably if they are giving away a lot in bonuses, that is a worry as they are not caring about their currency.

- Strong social media - creating their own content etc. Shows they want to connect with people and make this thing blow up!

Lastly

- Innovation - Does it change something? or is the same idea as everyone else? Does it inspire you? If the answer is yes then I would join a bounty campaign to get more information about the altcoin.

That's usually the steps i take when looking into investing into a ICO. Hope this helps
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:30:51 PM

Most of them just poor projects but there are really game changer ICO 's. My fav ico For October is Spectre.
Read and test alpha then you can agree with me. They are really changing the game.
ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:38:42 PM

some of them yess but some MOST of them are legit
you can see it physically to the ICO if it is fake or real
you can read their information like white paper and search for it
the best way is to wait for other ussers who are subscribe o this and ask to somehow where here in forum

you can also see it in the launching of ICO or starting I guess to see the background and foundation of the ICO
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:40:38 PM

Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

99% of ICOs are designed for one purpose only - and that is to enrich the creator(s). In other words, yes, most of them are scams.

However, there are plenty of legit ICOs out there too. You just need to be very careful about which ones you choose to invest in. Do a lot of research in terms of the development team, whitepaper, road-map, etc. to gauge how successful you think it will be and then decide.

Hi, what do you think about deeponion? I am just try to get some coins with airdrop now. I am considering to buy some. Do you think this is a scam?
tazmania

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:48:40 PM

Not all ICOs are scam and there are also some good and promising projects which can give you best returns on your investments but for that you need to do a great research and look at the team behind the project and if it involves reputed names then there is nothing to worry.

tylerik1

Activity: 392

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:53:47 PM

A lot of ICOs are just scam to get the money of the people that are new in crypto!

feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:58:01 PM

ICO offerings is not a question of legitimacy or scam . Buying ICO should be consider on your level or behaviour to taking risk. How much risk can you currently take without going under?

omnik

Activity: 569

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:01:10 PM

A lot of ICOs are just scam to get the money of the people that are new in crypto!
LOL that was the big scam and kyber just give me up to 5x from my investment, i can say thanks for the kyber ico to did the best after the ico already succeed. If you are not believing in ico and just not to blame them.
Because it can be divided into some choices, there are some good and other bad
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:06:32 PM

Since it is also hard for me to determine wether an ICO is legit or not, my one way to determine is to know who manages the campaign. Though it may sound not a 100% true, but most of the ICOs managed by reputable campaign managers are legit and become successful. Most of these campaign managers study first the project before accepting it. But again, this is not the proper way how to determine which one is a scam and not, but in some ways, it also matters.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:09:53 PM

Well, for me, it is legit. But not all of it, there are scams, too.
So far I've only met a few scammed ICOs, and lots of successful one.
I can't tell you which one to invest, since joining an ICO is also risky. Just like you said, legit and scam.
Yea not all scam but still we have few as I also personally joined few most of them paid but some gone without any payment currently we have lot of ICO's need to join very carefully because these can run any time without any profit
yillusion

Activity: 280
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:19:16 PM

Since it is also hard for me to determine wether an ICO is legit or not, my one way to determine is to know who manages the campaign. Though it may sound not a 100% true, but most of the ICOs managed by reputable campaign managers are legit and become successful. Most of these campaign managers study first the project before accepting it. But again, this is not the proper way how to determine which one is a scam and not, but in some ways, it also matters.
i think whether ico is legit or not is not determined by the manager or even the whole project, all ico is illegal in some countries now, but i agree with that an ico is scam or not has no matter of the legit
ico_reviews

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

ICO reviews through objective analysis

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 01:48:28 PM

How about you read for yourself? We cover upcoming ICOs objectively and thoroughly. It's free and has lots of valuable information, so give it a read. We update it regularly.

https://cryptorated.com/
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:53:41 PM

Not all ICOs are scam and there are also some good and promising projects which can give you best returns on your investments but for that you need to do a great research and look at the team behind the project and if it involves reputed names then there is nothing to worry.

I agree with you, not all ico's are scam, some of the great projects could get more profit. It's hard to predict the ico will be successful, sometimes some of them could be a scam or have low prices in the market. Moreover, ico is currently very much, so we have to be smart to choose ico, otherwise you will lose. I prefer it when a few years ago, not a lot of ICO's but they are always successful.

leexhin

Activity: 503

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:57:26 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

You should consider the team behind the project and their aim for developing the project. Some ICO's are good and they might help and solve some problems in the future. You should just make your research and find out which one is good to invest in.
CoinSavvy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:21:40 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

You can't really be 100% sure that one or another ICO is legitimate, it's always a risk to invest into. It's natural that any potentially legit ICO project should have a whitepaper, a team and a sort of community around it, but even if you carry out due diligence and become much more confident about its legitimacy, the ICO project may turn out to be a scam.
Taskford

Activity: 2576
Merit: 797

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:24:17 PM

If you want to invest in ICOs that are more on being legit then observe their project, if their project is a great one and if their team was a solid team then you can easily tell that they are legit and do not trust the ICO that doesn't have experiences on their field because it is more prone for being scam.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:26:14 PM

depending on ico it, I think ico legit enough to invest long jaka, but if not the heart "instead you will follow ico the scam and it is not very good
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:38:32 PM

i think whether ico is legit or not is not determined by the manager or even the whole project, all ico is illegal in some countries now, but i agree with that an ico is scam or not has no matter of the legit
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Though ICOs are illegal in some countries and are not also tolerated in other countries, there are these certain ICOs that are true to its supporting community. And are really performing what they have promised to do in their roadmap and whitepaper. Let's all just be diligent not to invest in what we believe are scam ICOs.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: