Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam?  (Read 32131 times)
george_crypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:46:05 PM

Some are legit and some not.
And I think these days hard to make the enough research about all of them.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realsmans

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:09:32 AM

It's pretty hard to find a real projects, and even them can be hacked by scammers. Just today I found project named as ICOToday, and as soon as I started reading whitepaper, I get that the idea is worthwhile, because, in the same whitepaper, described the real situations of frauds, in connection of hacking of the ICO’s site. I have taken a part in ICO of CoinDash, Israeli's project, and sent money to wrong address, which was changed by scammers right before. Thanks DEV's, they gave the same tokens amount, which i tried to buy. I believe, that ICOToday can figure out this problem, protecting developers from breaking and investors from money losing. In addition, ICOToday will simplify the investment, because the investment on the platform will be carried out only by ICOToday tokens, which completely eradicates the confusion between the addresses of the purses of different tokens, which gives projects. I'll invest in this one, 'cause i believe in idea.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:57:08 AM

Like in everything, There are good and bad, some ICO's are good and very good, others bad, you just have to be careful where you invest your money

Agreed, it is still majority of the ico now are still more in hype and good in hyping as well too. So in choosing ico it must have a whitelist, escrow, and kyc so that you may not become a victim of the scammers.
Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:18:53 AM

Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
If you want to invest in ICOs, you should research well. I'm really reading their whitepaper and I'm looking at google to make sure it's Legit. Try this campaign that I joined, and maybe you would like it.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:32:51 AM

Apparently, there are so many icos popping here and there and its so hard to identify the real ones and not. One thing to make sure if the said ico is somewhat legit, you must first research about it; the project, the dev. Team, and the people managing the bounties. Thru this, you will have a glimpse on how legit and thruthful this ico is. Always remeber to also check if the project itself has a potential for growth and usability once it is introduced to the general public.

cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:34:32 AM

Based on what I have read and what I've researched mostly of the ICO's are scammed are most of their advertisements are very schemy and untrustworthy don't be fool by their great mixed hypes just to get your attention, instead focus on conducting research and make analysis for yourself if you'll see some of the ICO's are trustworthy. There are ICO's out there which is worth investing so do some research, read articles in the internet regarding the ICO you are about to invest.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Sindren

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

Love me tender

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:36:46 AM

Yes, profits will come with you. Today there are few projects that can be invested. Try to assemble the team and create something of your own.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:42:44 AM

Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

you should probably adopt the approach similar to Warren Buffet's. He does some kind of fundamental analysis of the stock he intents to buy. I believe you should look into fundamentals of the ICO if it is on your radar. But beware, as some guys said above, some 99% of all ICOs is scam
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:53:50 AM

Unfortunately most of them scam lately. It was not that bad before but when people saw the free money they can make by tricking others , the number of scams increased a lot. I would suggest you to never blindly participate in an ICO. Make a good research and be sure that they are really aiming something.

Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:22:15 AM

Hello i think the majority are not but they are a total failure yet there some which did accomplish something and gained trust of the crypto world.
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:35:57 AM

People say that 90% of ICOs are scams and it is most likely true, because it is a way to make money.
Some ICOs are legit, and you can see this by visiting the website, reading whitepapers and roadmaps, joining telegram group and talking to the members of the team.
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:44:48 AM

There can't be anything more reliable than your own research about project. Take a look around what different well known experts say about the particular project. It could be helpful, but still you should decide by yourself.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:05:21 PM

Some are legit and some are scam all you need to do is just carefully read the ICOs platforms and evaluate it to yourself if the ico is a scam or not you may also consult your friends if you are tired of reading stuffs in this forum, but the best way to know if the ico is a scam or not is by simply reading articles and searching on google
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:37:58 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

99% of ICOs are designed for one purpose only - and that is to enrich the creator(s). In other words, yes, most of them are scams.

However, there are plenty of legit ICOs out there too. You just need to be very careful about which ones you choose to invest in. Do a lot of research in terms of the development team, whitepaper, road-map, etc. to gauge how successful you think it will be and then decide.

indeed most of ICOs are scams and for me a legit ICO may be legit depending on the developing team reputation and their background because it shows the intention BEHIND INITIATING  the project.
zchprm

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:52:38 PM

Some are good and some are bad, you should really be keen on choosing whom to participate.

barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:56:14 PM

Not all ICOs are legit nor a scam. There are still ICOs that are promising and will become beneficial to the future.

ICOtoINVEST

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:38:05 PM

Some ICO's are scams and other ICO's are real.

You must read about the ICO you want to invest in, enter sites that review those ICO's or check forums like BitcoinTalk that always keep traders and investors up to date with ICO's and Crypto in general.
dBox.io

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:41:40 PM

what do you guys think about trade.io ICO?

wpt2207

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:42:37 PM

A really big part is a scam but if you do enough research you can find the ones that aren't
SailorCoin

Activity: 218
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:49:15 PM

You cant say in general if an ICO ist Scam or legit. They are so many really good working ICO's. Also somany good Icos with good project and devs who die after some months because nobody is interested in. But in this case too you cant say it was a scam. They are probable some ICOs who collect money, and then the Devs hew of with the money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: