Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:45:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not gambling  (Read 20834 times)
perto01

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:54:25 AM

Bitcoin trading is definitely gambling, but no more so than trading stocks or any other type of speculation. Even investing in US treasuries entails some sort of risk could be considered gambling by that definition.
globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 05:04:53 AM

of course not it is not gambling this is the real currency with no centralised control that might be the reason which some people may think this is gambling but it is not.

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
Brivwe

Activity: 182
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:17:52 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.

people just know bitcoin is gambling, and not know why to get bitcoin with other way like tradin, invest and giveaway
lamcouz

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:20:48 AM

For me, bitcoin is a digital currency that is volatile and decentralized. It is a good asset despite of it's risks. I hold some decimals of it because i think that it might have a good price in the future with a good profit to sell, it gives me an income including my income on work that can help me and my family make a comfortable living.
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:21:33 AM

Bitcoin, of course, is not a gamble. It is an expensive and attractive cryptocurrency.

I personally feel that bitcoin is positive, depending on the individual's opinion.
Sate Jamu

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:23:53 AM

I think bitcoin is not a gambling, but when you invest bitcoin i think it would be risky to us because we don't know the price of bitcoin will going up or down
There is no guarantee when any investment we can get profit, it depends on many things, the most important in the investment then we must think positive that the price will continue to rise so we get a big profit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████████████████████████████
 ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████
████[        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████[     ▄█████████████      ██████████▄
████[    ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀██████
████[   ]████                         █████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄._       ]████
████[     ▀████████████████████▄      ]████
████[        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄     ]████
████[                       ]████     ]████
████[                       ▄████     ]████
████[     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀     ]████
████[    ██████████████████████▀      ]████
████[     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'        ]████
█████                                 █████
 ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
 Y██████████████████████████████████████▀
  `"▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

S E S S I A

NEW GENERATION
SOCIAL NETWORK

█████████ █▄
█████████ ███▄
█████████▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████

GET APP

Get cashbacks from your
purchases and kickbacks
from your friends purchases
▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████

███▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄
█████████████▄▄
█████████████████▄
███████████████████
████████████████▀
████████████▀
█████████▀
█████▀▀
███
GET IN ON
Google Play
██████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████

,d██
        d███
  _o▄▄▄.███b▄▄▄▄▄
,▄██████▄ ▄███████
▄███████████████
███████████████
████████████████
▀█████████████████
 █████████████████
  ███████████████▀
   ▀████▀  ▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
Aqcizromencez

Activity: 486
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:25:18 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.
how we get bitcoin and used for what .. for buying and selling i do not think gambling .. gambling can not we specify the profit, but for sale and buy we can determine our profit .. example we buy bitcoin with price 10k and we will sell it with price 15k then we already know we will profit 5k.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:28:57 AM

Many say that BITCOIN is gambling, but I myself state NO, why? Gambling is something where you take risky action in return for the amount of money or profit in other words there is a lot of money, a vehicle that all hope to win it all. There are many forms of gambling. Any form of risk that may bring you to profit or loss is called gambling. Even installing a business is also a gamble. and we go back to each of us to understand it about bitcoin.

you said it all, and your actually saying that bitcoin is like a gambling even if you disagree with it.  bitcoin is like a gambling not just bitcoin but almost all cryptos because we dont know what will happen to our invested capital if we invest it on them, in short they are unpredictable just like gambling and they both have risk. The only difference between gambling and bitcoin is that gambling is instant , you can win or loose instanlty but bitcoin does not as it takes an adequate time to see whether you win or loose.
Coins and Hardwork

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:34:01 AM

I think it depends on how you work to produce bitcoin. If you get Bitcoin from a bounty campaign and social media, I do not think it's a gamble.

I think they are just referring that bitcoin is somewhat a gamble since it is pretty volatile. Most of the time that there are some risks, we say that it is a gamble, we risk it to earn more. So if you are investing or trading digital currencies, it is a gamble since it has a lot of risk.
zmerol

Activity: 117
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:45:24 AM

bitcoin is a virtual currency in which available as an economic market. As you can see, bitcoin fluctuates in market value meaning it changes in value either increasing or decreasing so definitely it is not gambling.The works for bitcoin is to advertise in all about this and to get payments as a posters. More people got support in our financial problem through bitcoin and to paid our expenses. In my addition its depends in individual on how we use it. We invest in bitcoin with a good attitude and get a good trading.
Brian Goldman

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:12:51 AM

Yes.
Gambling because:
Your correct point about the price being speculative. It’s not a stock where you can do analysis on the strength of the company and decide what you are comfortable paying for it.
A lot of the trading essentially requires you to have trust in an exchange that is built by others (some are reputable and trustworthy), but it’s not the same as investing in the stock market or any other financial instrument that is legal. This is high risk, it does feel a little like throwing your money in a basement dog fight or something where you have no idea who the bookies are and it’s your first time there and everyone around you looks sketchy.
Adoption is still uncertain from a perspective of daily usage in economies. There are very limited places you can buy milk or gas with Bitcoin.
It feels like playing roulette or black jack or any other betting game where it’s you vs. the house, where skill does *not* come into play.
Ethan Becker

Activity: 142

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:15:32 AM

It's investing.
Buying and selling cryptocurrency is basically a new 21st century way of investing. It's like buying and selling currency, except Bitcoin is s digital currency that has no central authority.
So, we have established that buying and selling Bitcoin is an investment. Now we go back to your original question, is it gambling.
Investing is gambling, when you buy stocks you could lose your money if the company goes bankrupt or if the price per share goes down. It's not gambling in the traditional sense, but it could be said that it is “gambling”.
So yes, Buying Bitcoin is “gambling”, in the sense that it is an investment that could price crash at any time.
basil89

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:23:54 AM

Thanks for the good advice. New knowledge more. I have a lot of ideas. สมัครufabet

ufabet

ทางเข้าufabet
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:31:31 AM

Yeah many people even including many bitcoiners are usually talk with me and sometimes they called bitcoin work as a gambling .
I don't know why they are saying like this because I never think about bitcoin in such a way that it is like gambling because here everything is clear and transparent and nothing is going with hidden work like we seeing in gambling ( win or loss depending upon chance of luck ) .
Here we are much safe with bitcoin than what another Fiat banking system we have in our practical life .
I think people don't know bitcoin very well and also those newcomers in bitcoin are saying it like a gambling Because they are re looking towards the bitcoin in these days with much fluctuations and seeing them to make investment bet at perfect time .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Tommynitroz

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:41:01 AM

Do you know exactly what Bitcoin in going to do? No. So it's gambling, because your money is on the line.
Docafid888

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:46:40 AM

Well that depend on how we see it before we even start them. In my opinion it could be gambling if we use it without or minimal knowledge, because all we want to reach is high profit but when you know its like a simple business when its gonna be bullish or bearish depend on what happen in the world so i called this as a prediction. We are not super human that can predict everything, we are a human nature that needs to start to struggle and deal with any consequences that might happen, whether its good or bad, hope this might be as a motivation to learn more.
Lovykitty

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:02:03 AM

I want to explain about the Difference Gambling With Trading

Many of those who claim to be a trader still can not distinguish gambling with trading.

The word "play or play" is different 'taste' if used in a "play ball" activity for example.

Consciously or not, the word 'play' is more pronounced to the nuances of gambling when used in a trading activity - unconsciously embedded in the mental and then form what is called mental gambler
Gambling and trading are two different activities.

Gambling is an activity of drawing fate! For example - grab a dice, select a number and then hope the number will appear, throw the chest ... the decision-making process is complete when the dice is thrown, the end result we never know and can not control it.

Then what about trading? Trading is a decision-making activity involving many aspects ranging from market research and analysis, financial management and risk management to psychology management to recognizing market psychology as well as the ability to control oneself. But what differentiates a trader from a gambler is - a trader have the ability to read things and then change them - for example by counter-trading, running a backup strategy when realizing the predefined calculations and analyzes are wrong. A trader has the ability to turn an unfortunate circumstance into a favorable state for himself.
I do not agree if the bitcoin is called gambling,
Has not the LORD said that HE will not change the state of a people if the people will not try to change their own circumstances?
hibiscus

Activity: 217

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:04:19 AM

Bitcoin is not a gambling one because one who is investing to bitcoin not blindly spending his hard earned money. He definitely study the in and out  of it and will be analyising properly to  the merits and demerits of it .Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and it is a decentralised one so no government can control over it .Its all transactions were recorded to a ledger though block chain technology .when more people are attracted to it the corresponding volume  of transactions will be increased .Such things we cannot classify it is a gambling.
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:57:15 AM

with gambling, you use a little funds to earn a big price.
bitcoin is not a gambling, because bitcoin price is now high.
i think bitcoin is an investment, not a gambling.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:14:01 AM

Do you know exactly what Bitcoin in going to do? No. So it's gambling, because your money is on the line.

LOL, I don't know where you came from, at least read and learn how bitcoin works and what it could do, the term gambling is an all or nothing gain or loss scheme, and it is very much differ on bitcoin, as long as you hold, you're not yet in loss, and wait, if the price down you still have your money left Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: