Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:15:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN vs ETH ? Your thoughts?  (Read 15421 times)
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:35:00 AM

They both have prospects and basically for 2 different purposes, but asides so many things that makes bitcoin better, the fact that it has been able to stand the test of time, thrived no matter what and has a huge support Base,  then I will always choose Bitcoin as No. 1. Don't get me wrong, like I said, they both have prospects and that does not mean I do not see ethereum as a good investment too but more of Bitcoin anyway.
right now i will prefer eth over bitcoin because the price is really down right now and bitcoin has recovered to its previous price and there is room for eth to reach its previous level. both are very high standard coin and you can trust both and usually we have seen the price of eth depends upon the price of bitcoin and ofcource for long term i will prefer bitcoin.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Social_Cryptonetix

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 07:59:54 AM

I consider it entirely wrong to compare between Bitcoin and Ethereum, as its mismatch. You could compare between Ethereum/Dash/Zcash, as that is what makes more sense and sensible comparison. I currently find Ethereum the BEST after Bitcoin due to more stability as compared to others. But then, it’s just my view.

~Cryptonetix.com~
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:13:38 AM

I consider it entirely wrong to compare between Bitcoin and Ethereum, as its mismatch. You could compare between Ethereum/Dash/Zcash, as that is what makes more sense and sensible comparison. I currently find Ethereum the BEST after Bitcoin due to more stability as compared to others. But then, it’s just my view.
What is wrong in comparing bitcoin and ethereum? You can compare all of the cryptocurrencies if you want to so there is no reason for complaining about comparison between bitcoin and ethereum. Bitcoin and ethereum are both good cryptocurrency but i can say that bitcoin is still better even though it doesn't have smart contract feature because bitcoin got a lower amount of supply so the price of bitcoin will pump faster than ethereum.
rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 08:16:58 AM

BITCOIN vs ETH ? your thoughts ?
My all plan make by Ethereum because ETH is always highly growth coin and coinmarket supply is more good.I hold 15ETH for long term hold or to secure my future life it's my ambition.So i always prefer ETH.

I admit there are many ICO projects that use ETH, for the coins they use, maybe that's where ETH's prices get better every time in trading, but if ETH is compared to Bitcoin, I think the price is very different, so if I need it to choose bitcoin or ETH I prefer Bitcoin compared to ETH, because Bitcoin is the first kriptocurenccy in digital currency.
gilabusuk1

Activity: 311

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:36:22 AM

My all plan make by Ethereum because ETH is always highly growth coin and coinmarket supply is more good.I hold 15ETH for long term hold or to secure my future life it's my ambition.So i always prefer ETH.

I admit there are many ICO projects that use ETH, for the coins they use, maybe that's where ETH's prices get better every time in trading, but if ETH is compared to Bitcoin, I think the price is very different, so if I need it to choose bitcoin or ETH I prefer Bitcoin compared to ETH, because Bitcoin is the first kriptocurenccy in digital currency.
that's true even though Etherium is now widely used for every ico project but still the price is too far
then usually after dapet coin from each project will then ditrading kan to Etherium after that later
will also be redeemed into bitcoin

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 08:44:15 AM

Bitcoin is better than ethereum any day man. Bitcoin is referred as king and ethereum is referred as queen.  Bitcoin 's total capital is low which increases the demand for bitcoin and ethereum has almost 5 times of the total capital of bitcoin. So this reduces the demand of ethereum as the supply is more.

Solve.Care

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:54:35 AM

Both of them are good choices. Bitcoin is the very beginning of the crypto era, ETH is an innovation and new technology.

Solve.Care ■ Healthcare on Blockchain ■ Solve.Care
Elcapsono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:59:27 AM

What is wrong in comparing bitcoin and ethereum? You can compare all of the cryptocurrencies if you want to so there is no reason for complaining about comparison between bitcoin and ethereum. Bitcoin and ethereum are both good cryptocurrency but i can say that bitcoin is still better even though it doesn't have smart contract feature because bitcoin got a lower amount of supply so the price of bitcoin will pump faster than ethereum.

The price of the eth is faster pumped up. If for a day bitcoin grows by 2%, then the eth usually grows by 4-5%. But, when bitcoin falls, then the eth falls very much. But I really like both of these coins. Payments are more convenient to make in eth

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
bjumb

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:57:23 AM

I don't see them as competitors. Bitcoin is just currency able to make transactions and hold value. And ETH is platform for other projects.

Pros of Bitcoin:
- wider adoption
- limited supply of 21 million means no inflation

And that's it I think.

Pros of ETH:
- can do transactions and it's better at it than Bitcoin (faster and cheaper)
- can do much more than just transactions, in theory solution of any problem is possible because it has turing complete language
- faster development, capable team of developers don't constantly fight over their control of the project, but rather use their energy to develop technology
- it's hashing power is more decentralized, because it's not possible to use ASIC miners which are under monopoly of a single Chinese company
- will use PoS which is much frendlier to environment
- support from a few hundred multinational companies
- has hundreds of projects being bulit atop of the platform, that will make more and more demand for ether
- smaller marketcap, more room for the price to go up

Maybe I forgot to mention some pros for both, but bitcoin is old technology with too slow development. Just because it's the most known and the oldest that doesn't mean it will be on top forever. It's like comparing a horse cart to a modern car. Not only ETH, even other coins can surpass it. Maybe projects like ZCash, that has also limited supply of 21 million, more decentralized hash power, annonimity, faster and cheaper transactions. It's better technology in every way. I really doubt bitcoin will stay on top just because it has a lot of fans, better technology will win at the end.
Aum Ram

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:02:20 PM

Ethereum also has a shorter block time than bitcoin - due to some clever hacking using the ghost protocol - which basically means that forks in the chain are rewarded but don't cause to much of an issue! So ethereum a transaction should be confirmed in under 20 seconds and with bitcoin 10 minutes - less waiting around.
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 12:06:22 PM

both are have a very good potential bitcoin and ethereum you can choose where you can invest but have other altcoins have good potential into the market you can invest also you need to learn where is the best investment put your money to become frofitable.

kevindjunaidi

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:43:26 PM

for now I prefer bitcoin, but we do not know for the future, because eth is so much coin, so maybe future eth can be more advantageous and famous in bitcoin.

Heacygg

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:53:14 PM

Both are really profitables and stable crypto currencies. Personally I trade BTC more than ETH because I think Bitcoin is having the best potential and also its price is growing fastly a lot more than Ethereum.
But I am also investing in ETH since its value is great too, and also its needed to invest in the ICO projects.
obviously my positive thoughts are for bitcoins because i can see the good future of those who have invest their money in bitcoins and those people who have invest in ethereum sadly i have to say that their money is in risk bitcoins have good future and of course present because the value of bitcoin is increasing rapidly.

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October [JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:54:29 PM

Both are really profitables and stable crypto currencies. Personally I trade BTC more than ETH because I think Bitcoin is having the best potential and also its price is growing fastly a lot more than Ethereum.
But I am also investing in ETH since its value is great too, and also its needed to invest in the ICO projects.
obviously my positive thoughts are for bitcoins because i can see the good future of those who have invest their money in bitcoins and those people who have invest in ethereum sadly i have to say that their money is in risk bitcoins have good future and of course present because the value of bitcoin is increasing rapidly.
It is not wise to make choice other than bitcoin, because ETH competing to bitcoin in the market is just a joke, all over the world folks are talking about bitcoin because it is acceptable across many region and it is the most valuable and strong coin of era and no other coin can gain such a huge profit through it so invest without any hesitation into the bitcoin,
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:35:12 PM

bitcoin with Etherium and the answer is bitcoin, that's my opinion. Why? because for now there is no coin that is like bitcoin and if it wants to be paired it might make sense when the price of each coin is the same as bitcoin
Bitcoins the first and last choice because of its huge profit giving conventions, ETH is new not much people know about it and no one will put the money in some risky new currency, everyone will go for the already set thing that is bitcoin and it gives you more benefits as compared to any other choice so go for it and you will be proud in future.
mukeymon

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:42:57 PM

I think as ETH will be better than BTC at this time. I would choose ETH instead of BTC
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:46:36 PM

I think as ETH will be better than BTC at this time. I would choose ETH instead of BTC
why did you choose Ethereum? Bitcoin's current rising prices are good news that signifies excellent potential Bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:50:46 PM

ETH as I always say. It has a lot of potential to grow and is a platform for many other crypto tokens. Its importance just cannot be ignored. Even if bitcoin dies we will still have a huge crypto market to look forward to. But death of ETH would mean end of cryptoism. All what will be left is bitcoin and a few altcoins.
bjumb

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:56:40 PM

why did you choose Ethereum? Bitcoin's current rising prices are good news that signifies excellent potential Bitcoin.

Currently price is rising because everyone wants to get their free BTC Gold, becuase they think it will be free money. It has nothing to do with potential of bitcoin against ethereum.
MostHigh

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:56:58 PM

bitcoin is a big player and and eth is the junior brother. ETH has a lot of potiential and its very good to have competition for BTC but it will take some time before ETH gets to that end where BTC is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: