Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:19:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when there is NO electricity? How does one trade with BTC?  (Read 3079 times)
serverus

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:30:33 AM

I guess it is not permanent. with the kind of society we have all has back. There also some computer shop that offers rentals of their personal computer. You can use  those. Or else go to the nearest site where there is electricity.
dz roknroll27

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:58:23 PM

I don’t think so that there can be such possibility when there will be no electricity in this world. But it can be possible only if there is thirst world war.
CryptoLoverz

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:51:02 PM

Surely this is not expected by everyone. In this situation, when people just need to buy food and clean water. I do not think the people there have any idea to trade bitcoin. And if there is no electricity, internet access would be disconnected. As for trading bitcoin we need internet. So it can be concluded that if there is no electricity there would be no bitcoin trade.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

In this kind of situation, wherein we don't have control over the nature, what important is the lives of the people and forget for a while about trading and investing. For sure having no electricity is not for a lifetime. Then, trade again if it is already fixed.
If the market is in a critical moment, forgetting to trade will not bring us a good result, so we should look for some measures to solve the problem when we fall into this situation, nothing is impossible to solve as long as we try and think. Although no electricity and telephone can not connect to the internet but we can still call some of our close friends or relatives in other areas, they will help us, maybe this will be quite troublesome but it's still better than waiting, even if this is not possible, we can go to some places with internet connection in the area, these are places for emergencies and needs

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:33:16 PM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

Definetly if theres no electicity ,theres nothing happen transaction in the world of cryptocurrency,especially in the blockchain market or trading exchange market,because digital system is run through  internet connection and electricity, so therefore without  having this two resources  of technology,theres nothing happen in the world of cryptocurrency,thats why mostly country belong in thirds worlds is illegitimate interms of technology in crypto currency because of poverty and away of civilization.

pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:47:04 PM

This is a major problem in cryptocurrency for we all know that no electricity no transactions but there are options you can have  a generator to have electricity and maybe you can use data in order to trade with bitcoins but this will only happen when calamity comes and it will not last long because people need this especially those with business.

laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:52:24 PM

Electricity is the reason why cryptocurrency is keep on circulating on the market, mining hardware's that are running block chain on the internet requires electricity in order to work and it was also mandatory to our daily needs.

Arlette Foxsparkle

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:10:52 PM

I think you mean with this without electricity how can we use bitcoin as a transaction of payments. Hurricane This phenomenon is often experienced by the countries in South East Asia but they called in typhoon. After the devastation of typhoon, hurricane, or cyclone some  parts of a paticular countries are damaged so that electricity is one the biggest problem. Then if we talk about trading with Bitcoin without electricity is very hard however I think government do everything to fix this problem so while waiting for the government actions   we don't have any choices is to stop trading and wait until the electricity will back.
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:25:06 PM

Basically no electricity no charge of power when the limit of battery storage reach. So, no electricity no bitcoin. I mean no electricity is total shutdown of electricity industry all over the world.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:27:02 PM

This is why im strongly supporting the idea of bitcoin cant replace fiats forever..physical money and bitcoin or cryptocurrencies will always be together,the example of this is electricity,all transaction will stop if electricity is none existent so fiats will take place..

So my answer is YOU CANT TRADE WITHOUT ELECTRICITY
pureheart

Activity: 116

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:22:22 AM

For me it's  really a disaster  if we don't  have electricity.
We all know that we need technologies in order to use our bitcoin since it's  a digital  currency.  Technologies needed electricity in order to function.
Fatimah Azzahra

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:50:28 AM

in my opinion all that is related to the internet and cyberspace is electricity, if electricity is not there it will be difficult to do activities or activities in cyberspace or the internet, even to do bitcoin trade was very difficult.
But as the advancement of the era as now many electronic appliance now can fill the power by using solar or solar power, maybe that we can improve again ability to change electricity.
anussayme

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:58:07 AM

Bitcoin cannot be traded without a power source, but today's technology is growing, but most people use the power to create virtual currencies as well as the tune between virtual currencies. Together, many people give the country a good economy but will end up without electricity.
rysheeer

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:10:34 PM

This would be the moment where all the traders, investors and the adapters to take some day off. We can't manipulate what will happen but we could make an action to prevent those kinds of circumstances. That's why we need to take care of our nature first.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:16:26 PM

Witout electricity, you cannot trade BTC but without electricity there is a lot of things you cannot do. And it's not a very common situation, I mean if it happens, trading bitcoin wouldn't be the priority

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Bestpromoter

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:48:37 PM

If you are saying that all of the world will be going to black out forever there is one thing that will happen. There is no Gadgets anymore if that happens and Bitcoin will be forgotten but if only 1 server suddenly have no electricity bitcoin will stay remain other market will be used.
Watchy312

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:57:04 PM

In countries like venezuela, should establish a vast tower at a hight so that even during disaster needy one can get them back
Oto3

Activity: 195

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:15:19 PM

No electricity - no network bitcoin. And this is another important reason why now bitcoin is not ready to become the main world currency. It is in such cases, as it is written in your post, we say "thank God that we have the fiat money."
Perhaps in the future the technologies will achieve such development that we can exchange crypto-currencies at any time and in any situation, but now this is impossible.
pernah ada

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:45:50 PM

how can we trade with btc if there is no electricity because that's the main factor to run btc, if there is no electricity then the internet is also unreachable.
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:47:29 PM

You are correct and I do hope some of these countries would have solar power so they can charge like their phones if needed be. Maybe people from other countries can donate or are donating these solar power panels but it does cost much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: