Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:56:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🔵🔵 OYSTER 🔵🔵 Anonymous Storage Generates Revenue for Websites  (Read 73336 times)
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:06:22 PM

Hi bruno,

First of all, thanks for coming up with brand new idea that trying to solve advertising as well as storage issues all at once.  From a publisher point of view, just want to give some feedback, hope it will be useful

1. User Experience
We are seeing more and more browser based effort coming up. It is somehow important to ensure user experience are not impacted e.g. cross browser experience, load time etc. So it will be great to understand more about how you plan to ensure the client side experience are optimised, as the last thing we want is to lose user or negative reports.

2. Revenue model
The advertising market is relatively mature and liquid, it scales well with traffic. So if we invest effort to improve site and editorial, the more traffic we get, the more money we get in general. We roughly know the scale by cpm and can plan accordingly. With Oyster, it adds another level of complexity for publisher as the revenue will also depend on the demand and scale in the Oyster network, not just to traffic. How the revenue scales will need to be proven.

3. Operational Concerns
In an area of malware and dodge ads running, just concerned whether there will be 3rd party script, or browser plugin that could alter your code so that publisher is not actually getting the benefit but user are still contributing resources? Some technical assurance will be great.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:09:08 PM

I have a question about the product, how will you avert people use some kind of blocker for sharing their cpu/gpu power? There is adblock now also there is miner block so what is your solution to this?

Will you go with people don't use such a blocker mechanism or will you do like "close your blocker" to see the page?

It is a well-thought project by the way, promising some future.

poosble

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:19:24 PM

Im new here, can u guys teach me what is oyster, what can i do with oyster? thanks
camuszpride

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 02:21:42 PM

I think this will be a promising token (PRL). I'm happy to be part of this and will hold it to the moon. More power on this team dev hope everyone will like your protocol. Goodluck!
lhvleao

Activity: 476
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:27:04 PM

Just loved the project. I work with some media files that I have to get from web and everyone knows how those sites are awful with lots of ads. The idea is very beautiful and I really hope it improves our way to navigate in the web. The owners will still get ther money to effort the costs and the users will have a better walkthough websites. Wish all dev's best of luck, because I think it's going to be a huge project.
zyvervago

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:27:29 PM

Hi bruno,

Are Pearls going to be minable?

Are the content creators the only ones who will receive benefits from monetization or the users who give CPU power to the blockchain will receive benefits too?

Thanks in advance, I hope this will be a success.
sunriser

Activity: 110

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:32:55 PM

I have a prediction that this air drop is going to be huge.nice idea behind this project.
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:33:50 PM

I like how  will Oyster Ico will make the Security of Our Important data to be safe
even though We are Prone to World wide web with many Transaction .
You use indirect Pay method to the users.
And Feeling Great how will Oyster ICO will Overcome some ads and Other Click baits.
Great Job.

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
zam_cat

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:36:35 PM

i like the consept of no annoying ads.. so i can surf without blocked with pop up of ads. keep this good project  Cool
airbou

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:37:43 PM

I have been following IOTA for a while and with this project I can see a game changer CPU and GPU notification is very important to maintain a site when there is heavenly traffic. This project will go very far.

Fahd1988

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:39:03 PM

Hello , i think this project will win in future and i will try for do it that with this amazing team,good luck for all
brunoblock

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:42:59 PM

Hi bruno,

First of all, thanks for coming up with brand new idea that trying to solve advertising as well as storage issues all at once.  From a publisher point of view, just want to give some feedback, hope it will be useful

1. User Experience
We are seeing more and more browser based effort coming up. It is somehow important to ensure user experience are not impacted e.g. cross browser experience, load time etc. So it will be great to understand more about how you plan to ensure the client side experience are optimised, as the last thing we want is to lose user or negative reports.

2. Revenue model
The advertising market is relatively mature and liquid, it scales well with traffic. So if we invest effort to improve site and editorial, the more traffic we get, the more money we get in general. We roughly know the scale by cpm and can plan accordingly. With Oyster, it adds another level of complexity for publisher as the revenue will also depend on the demand and scale in the Oyster network, not just to traffic. How the revenue scales will need to be proven.

3. Operational Concerns
In an area of malware and dodge ads running, just concerned whether there will be 3rd party script, or browser plugin that could alter your code so that publisher is not actually getting the benefit but user are still contributing resources? Some technical assurance will be great.

Thanks for your questions:

1) The JavaScript code should not slow down the website speed at all. We are planning on installing what I call a 'fragile loop', essentially a while loop that performs a performance sensitive task per cycle. If the browser is starting to struggle a bit, the sensitive task will take much longer to perform - therefore the JS will detect the performance in realtime and govern the PoW so that it does not burden the browser. Therefore the end user shouldn't even notice a performance impact, except for maybe a decrease in battery life if they are using a portable device.

2) Oyster can be first added in parallel to whatever solution people are currently using (which seems to be adverts). So it is a brand new and parallel revenue stream that does not impact the website or the visitor in a demanding way. As people starting implementing Oyster more, the PRL price will calibrate so that it is mutually beneficial to both storage users, broker node operators, and website owners. Then when the time is right according to the free market websites can become more independent and use Oyster exclusively. Oyster is completely decentralized so no one can revoke another person's paycheck.

3) This hijacking attempt is not really possible, except if the Oyster website [Suspicious link removed]/webnode.js) where to get compromised. This would be severe but still not as severe as myetherwallet.com getting hacked. Website owners can also run the webnode.js locally from their own server to promote decentralization. Otherwise there is no angle of attack for hijacking the proof of work. If someone where to get root access to the HTML of a website they could just run coinhive anyways, the addition of Oyster does not increase the opportunity for an attack.
ventefruss

Activity: 164
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:48:24 PM

french translation reserved ! (whitepaper, website, ...)
JeremyB

Activity: 812
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:48:49 PM

Despite the coinhive fraudulent usage recent news, the idea to mine coins instead of displaying ads to users could work in next future.
But will your solution give the opportunity to users to opt-out by paying, watch ads or any other more "standard" solution or it will be the responsability of the website owner to propose that and switch to the model according to users choices?
placdi101

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:51:53 PM

Hello Smiley

My name is Nicolas and i'm really happy to join the Oyster Airdrop, thank you Smiley. The project is really interested, and i would be more than happy if i could help. If you planning to translate any things in French i could provide my skills in this field. All the best for the project. I'm starting the promotion for make Oyster Big Smiley

brunoblock

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:52:21 PM

Hi bruno,

Are Pearls going to be minable?

Are the content creators the only ones who will receive benefits from monetization or the users who give CPU power to the blockchain will receive benefits too?

Thanks in advance, I hope this will be a success.

1) Pearls a dynamically minted in the smart contract. When ETH is sent to the contract during the ICO (which is now) pearls are generated up until the maximum possible supply of 500 million PRL.

2) The benefit that users get is access to content from the website, not the financial value of the pearls. However, it is possible for websites to allocate a system that pays their visitors with an extension to the Oyster core logic. Oyster is completely decentralized so people can modify parts of it as they please. The money earned by the website via Oyster helps pay for the creation and hosting of content, so it makes more economic sense to have them receive the full pearl revenue instead of the visitor that benefits from the content.

Otherwise, anyone is able to go hunting for pearls and keep them for themselves. It's possible that a lot of people will use their personal computers to find pearls in the typical mining sense, Oyster does not block it in anyway. It will depend on the efficiency of pearl hunting in contrast to the price of electricity, so the free market will sort out the economic tensions.
weekend32

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:53:19 PM

It's refreshing to see a new crypto product with an original value proposition. Too many coins these days are just clones of both technology AND purpose.

Also, as an investor in IOTA, it's great to see it being used as foundation for new solutions like Oyster. It'll be exciting to watch how the environment develops!
kangjiasg

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

Exclusive Member

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:01:57 PM

Very decent website and I can see very strong marketing methods with airdropalert. Will bookmark Oyster for more updates and wish the team success in the near future. Is the coin going to be listed in any exchange soon? Interesting project with good thoughts on the plans. Hope to receive the airdrop smoothly! The ICO wil surely be hyped with the strong supporting community and active dev.

tecnoficial

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:15:47 PM

I think it is an excellent project for all web page administrators, to earn income in a new way by taking advantage of Oyster tools and not always rely on companies like google adsense to monetize the web.
Meego821

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:20:43 PM

i have come here initially only because airdrop but after looking deeper into project i will probably invest in ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 187 »
  Print  

Jump to: