Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:01:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🔵🔵 OYSTER 🔵🔵 Anonymous Storage Generates Revenue for Websites  (Read 73343 times)
xpzycox

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

🎖️ DeepOnion 🎖️

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:22:12 PM

This project is a very unique one for sure... Im not sure I even grasp the concept 100%.  Everything I do understand sounds great and I love the idea behind it all. Screw ads and captchas! lol I see this having big future especially being Tangled up with IOTA Tangle Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    OWN YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Own ONION  (✔Exchanges  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
wariel

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:22:27 PM

"Website visitors contribute a portion of their CPU and GPU power to enable users' files to be stored on a decentralized and anonymous ledger. In return, such users indirectly pay the website owners for maintaining the storage of their data."

I have never seen this concept before, are there any competitors in this field?
MarioL

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:25:01 PM

Hi Guys, i am from Germany and i think your idea is great.
I am using different websites to storage my data, but i'm never sure if it's save enough.
Here is where your idea comes in. I think people will like it and people will use it.
Hope you have a great start if you need help to translate in German, i would give it a try. Smiley
brunoblock

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:25:54 PM

"Website visitors contribute a portion of their CPU and GPU power to enable users' files to be stored on a decentralized and anonymous ledger. In return, such users indirectly pay the website owners for maintaining the storage of their data."

No, this is a completely new concept and there are no similar projects. However Oyster simultaneously competes with BAT, Datum, Storj, Siacoin, Filecoin etc.
brunoblock

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:31:30 PM

Despite the coinhive fraudulent usage recent news, the idea to mine coins instead of displaying ads to users could work in next future.
But will your solution give the opportunity to users to opt-out by paying, watch ads or any other more "standard" solution or it will be the responsability of the website owner to propose that and switch to the model according to users choices?

Yes, users can easily opt-out with a small consent notice that appears by default. If they deactivate the proof of work by manually opting-out, or their antivirus/browser extension blocks it, then the policy of the website will be activated which may or may not block/limit the content, require advertisements etc.
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:42:20 PM

No, this is a completely new concept and there are no similar projects. However Oyster simultaneously competes with BAT, Datum, Storj, Siacoin, Filecoin etc.

Why would you list them as main competitors?
brunoblock

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:48:16 PM

Why would you list them as main competitors?

Oyster is able to do what each of these projects try to do but better. On the other hand, they cannot individually compete back at Oyster because Oyster accomplishes three major things at the same time:

1) Anonymous Storage
2) Traffic Monetization
3) Decentralized Application backbone

To this extend, Oyster even competes with EOS according to point 3.

I wrote about competition in this interview: https://blog.icoalert.com/ico-alert-report-oyster-ffda53924db6
Mstandish

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:56:21 PM

Only just found out about this one, glad there's another contender in this area as im sure ditrubuted file store is going to take off, but the question is who's gonna get the network effect as noone seems to have yet?

Ill be interested to see how this competes with filecoin,sia and maid
Moonshine4321

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:09:08 PM

Very excited about the project, it must have been late last night when I applied for airdrop, I missed the part of posting here and already submitted the form, is there a way to update my response this project sounds awesome and I would hate to miss the drop. Im not much in technicals yet still learning, but I'll follow the project closely and look into ico.
JK47XdeCrypT

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:11:17 PM

Very interesting project and team. I like the combination of IOTA and ETHEREUM and believe this can be a game changer in the future. Also nice logo and Marketing, because community is very important in this field.

Suggest OYSTER looks to:
Really empower the people to earn money for watching adds
Build a strong community of advertisers and publishers
Focus on real use cases and immediately start implementing
See how to work and embed bitcoin - in every project bitcoin should be looked into as our global store of value - LETS COLLABORATE
qtasiarz

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:12:30 PM

if you need Polish translation, let me know. I'm a native Polish speaker and I study english translation at one of the best Polish universities. I'm experienced in translatin almost every sort of text, like literatura, drama, legal translation, medical translation, poietry and many others. jf you are interested send me a private message.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:16:38 PM

Ok.  I have decided to put some time into this coin.

Because coins like this are awesome.  They are very functional - so many people have so much CPU and GPU space to offer in terms of payment to help the web work but everyone is currently relying on advertisers to fund the web.  This solution not only pays website owners for user throughput but solves one of the funding problems by paying for things such as server space.

And it has a github! Wink   

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:17:24 PM

Very interesting. IOTA and Ethereum are both great coins, and if Oyster can combine the powers of both in a single coin, this could well be a fantastic project. The bit about creating a revenue stream by adding a single line of code sounds fantastic, as ease of integration with crypto is a big barrier that is holding the industry back.
cacingkremi

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:19:31 PM

I am sorry im just newbie,but i also believe this project has good potential to grow steady with reputable development team so that I will keep following this thread for further news and update..good luck with the project
funcho

Activity: 153
Merit: 2

do your own research

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 04:21:08 PM

im in
 Grin
im interested
 Cool
you got my attention

i started learning about icos about 1 month ago and i think im fit for supporting new technologies
with my right to vote #

there is only 2 things i never feel comfortable in sense of user experiance
reddit and telegram
its just too unorganized when you ask me i join and i get confused by too much input
i have the same feeling with slack

well good luck and see you later
also i can translate german or find institutionals to be interested
i was investment banker over 10 years

https://bit.ly/bittmex
MissedBTCtrain

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:23:39 PM

if you need Polish translation, let me know. I'm a native Polish speaker and I study english translation at one of the best Polish universities. I'm experienced in translatin almost every sort of text, like literatura, drama, legal translation, medical translation, poietry and many others. jf you are interested send me a private message.

Is there still room for translation? I speak Italian, let me know if possibe

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰  
 ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
Fliegender Schnee

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:29:15 PM

IOTA and ETHEREUM are a very interesting combination I am looking forward to. Besides, I am looking forward to the start and wish you good luck!
blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 04:32:24 PM

Hello all, the project seems interesting for two main reasons:

- Advertising market is really huge (currently almost google and facebook monopoly) and it is keen to take advantage of the blockchain technology
- use of IOTA and Ethereum technology

boscoarinze

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:44:56 PM

Though the ideas behind this project sounds great but would like the Dev Team to putting more efforts to distgush this project from others.Lots of the projects in cryptospace are banned to fail because when there is no serious dedication Team the project is meant to fail
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:47:46 PM

This is genius!  So ad-blockers cannot block the usage of users CPU and GPU's as they visit the site? 

I personally wouldn't have any objection to supporting a website I visit with a nominal use of my hardware so long as it doesn't increase my electricity bill or slow my computer down.  I like this a lot and will be following.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 187 »
  Print  

Jump to: