Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:42:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🔵🔵 OYSTER 🔵🔵 Anonymous Storage Generates Revenue for Websites  (Read 73343 times)
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:22:37 PM

I really love the idea! I even can use in my own websites. However, It reminds me the tv show Silicon Valley, which the last chapter of last seasons they used their compress technology on every smart machine. That reduce all prices. Well, it looks like the same idea but this one more then a TV Show it is real!
I want to learn does oyster use too much effort on web nodes. For a website owner, all we have to do is add the script. But on the other hand, who comes to our website will mine for us. If they realized they are mining for us with too much effort for their machines, they won't come to us again. So can someday tell me about this?

But as I said before, the idea was brilliant.

There might be some stages of adjustment to reach optimal parameters.

As for the burdening of nodes : I can guarantee you that almost everyone out there has some extra computational resources - Oyster would need to limit itself to a reasonable portion of these unused resources.  The only considerations I can think of is the cost of electricity for the user.  Will having an ad free experience be worth this cost for users?   As for the website owners Oyster won't necessarily need to generate the same amount as ads because there are other benefits to an ad free experience, but it will have to generate a significant amount.

Over and above, this project has kept 5% reserve for Marketing Fund and 15% as Dev fund. Remaining all is being distributed. Appears to be proper long term roadmap for the success. Awaiting to see its future listings and adoption by major MNCs. With advertising sector being one of the most potential one, this should be soon adopted by many MNCs...Smiley Cheers

It would be counter intuitive if they spend a lot of money on advertisement to get the product out that will fight advertisement
MissedBTCtrain

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:42:29 PM

I am trying to understand, do websites need to add HTML code to their code to be compatible with the oyster/pearl economy?

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰  
 ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
skrespin

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:53:42 PM

I am trying to understand, do websites need to add HTML code to their code to be compatible with the oyster/pearl economy?

If u have website and want to be a part of oyster, you should add the script to your website's header or footer. 
skrespin

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:07:42 PM

I really love the idea! I even can use in my own websites. However, It reminds me the tv show Silicon Valley, which the last chapter of last seasons they used their compress technology on every smart machine. That reduce all prices. Well, it looks like the same idea but this one more then a TV Show it is real!
I want to learn does oyster use too much effort on web nodes. For a website owner, all we have to do is add the script. But on the other hand, who comes to our website will mine for us. If they realized they are mining for us with too much effort for their machines, they won't come to us again. So can someday tell me about this?

As for the burdening of nodes : I can guarantee you that almost everyone out there has some extra computational resources - Oyster would need to limit itself to a reasonable portion of these unused resources.  The only considerations I can think of is the cost of electricity for the user.  Will having an ad free experience be worth this cost for users?   As for the website owners Oyster won't necessarily need to generate the same amount as ads because there are other benefits to an ad free experience, but it will have to generate a significant amount.

Over and above, this project has kept 5% reserve for Marketing Fund and 15% as Dev fund. Remaining all is being distributed. Appears to be proper long term roadmap for the success. Awaiting to see its future listings and adoption by major MNCs. With advertising sector being one of the most potential one, this should be soon adopted by many MNCs...Smiley Cheers

It would be counter intuitive if they spend a lot of money on advertisement to get the product out that will fight advertisement

There will be always advertisement sector on the internet. Its one of the biggest dynamics. But in future, if Oyster accomplished its goal, the advertisers have to give more money to website owners. On the other hand, for starter if Oyster find a website which has more then millions hit on day, the others will follow oyster. But if can't we will need more time to spread out Oyster.
JTTech

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:35:20 PM

I really like the idea of this project. I think ads are pretty ineffective and in certain cases even drive people to not go onto a site at all. Utilizing a service such as Oyster seems to be a potentially useful alternative. The first thing I thought to myself is:

1. How is a user notified that their CPU/GPU is being utilized?

2. How will the amount of resources utilized be calculated?

3. Will the amount of resources used be displayed in an easily accessible way?

Just a few questions that came to me off the top of my head. I'll read further into this when I get a chance.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
fairy_fries

Activity: 357

CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST : Airdrop & Bounty Hunter

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 10:47:40 PM

I never read such a detailed and well developed airdrop fortoken. It really looks they really want to go far with this token, and way to go!
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:08:46 PM

There will be always advertisement sector on the internet. Its one of the biggest dynamics. But in future, if Oyster accomplished its goal, the advertisers have to give more money to website owners. On the other hand, for starter if Oyster find a website which has more then millions hit on day, the others will follow oyster. But if can't we will need more time to spread out Oyster.

Advertising will definitely continue on the internet - it makes businesses so much money that they are willing to spend massively in its pursuit.  At one point in time there was no adsense or other pay per view mode of advertising and at some point there will be some new time of advertising.  The point is that advertising will adapt to new environments.  With Oyster this may be allocating more funding to ads to incentivize website owners or find other ways of reaching target audiences such as social media campaigns or through recommender systems - or in totally new ways.

Ideally though there will be less advertising in general and more self direction when it comes to consumption choices.  I am not a fan of the subtle manipulation tactics they do to encourage consumption.  Consumption is great just some people have taken its cause too seriously.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
brunoblock

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:10:53 AM

I really like the idea of this project. I think ads are pretty ineffective and in certain cases even drive people to not go onto a site at all. Utilizing a service such as Oyster seems to be a potentially useful alternative. The first thing I thought to myself is:

Just a few questions that came to me off the top of my head. I'll read further into this when I get a chance.

A small and subtle notice is displayed by default, similar to the cookies notice. This way they are actively consenting to the proof of work.

The work is done on a best-effort basis. If a website has more visitors, they will see more PRL coming to their address because more web nodes are hunting for PRL.

Have not considered this option before but it is possible to implement. The resources are used in such a way that it they are throttled before they interrupt the user experience.
AshleyAshes
Copper Member

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:05:59 AM

Awesome, the program seems convincing, this is a good one.
elhaym101

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:30:46 AM

I never read such a detailed and well developed airdrop fortoken. It really looks they really want to go far with this token, and way to go!

I couldnt agree more. This is so far the most detailed and very promising project I ever saw
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:34:04 AM

To my knowledge, there is no project that takes an approach even close to what Oyster accomplishes. The most well known example of a token that attempts to solve the issues of the digital advertising industry is BAT (Basic Attention Token). They designed their own browser called Brave, which rewards user attention to advertisements

Maybe a coin which caters to advertisers such as BAT will alleviate the problems caused by advertisement removal.  Advertising will continue but it will be people who get paid based on viewing ads and websites will get paid based on visits.  It would lead to a simpler and better world.  I would browse the web advertisement free, using my computer resources to pay for it, and then watch some ads for twenty minutes to make some coins!!!!

Cheesy 

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

July Nguyen

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:27:42 AM

Hi DEV team and Oyster's community. I found this project is very interesting and it is quite rare to find a new project that can make me feel like this these days.

It may take few or years to be successful, but the idea is simple enough to survive and grow.

Look forward to hearing about your success ^^
abeke

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:08:45 AM

I think it's a very good idea, imo. It is anonymous and gives you revenue. It's like contributing to web product without putting money or crypto. More you visit more you contribute. So all of it will depend of quality of the web resource and how useful it is for visitor. It could be huge for web/developing industry.

Good luck to your project. I'm really interested how it could change pretty everything on the Internet.
abeke

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:13:26 AM

I think it's a very good idea, imo. It is anonymous and gives you revenue. It's like contributing to web product without putting money or crypto. More you visit more you contribute. So all of it will depend of quality of the web resource and how useful it is for visitor. It could be huge for web/developing industry.

Good luck to your project. I'm really interested how it could change pretty everything on the Internet.

Can I change email in a form that I sent just now. I put there another email instead of subscription email address.
merz123

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:18:52 AM

What a very unique project. I look forward to the success of this. This will address one of the most basic needs of the internet community. As an active internet user myself, I am working from home, but I am very keen when it comes to staying anonymous, it should be basic if we consider security.
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:42:31 AM

I really like how we can review the source code.  Although it makes me want to do a QA review on them some of it has been an interesting read, such as how the web node interacts with the tangle and how the smart contracts are set up.  I see now how users won't have to really do anything at all for it to run.  It looks to have some more iterations to go but so far a decent chunk has been taken out which is good.  I like ICOs which already have a prototype well in development.  It will be nice to see how testing and scaling go as development continues.  I would gladly help test it out and even set up a little website.  Hell, I have a website already. 

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

MissedBTCtrain

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:17:08 AM

when I google " oyster bitcointalk" , I only find the oyster bounty topic. Who thinks that is odd?

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰  
 ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
Mystic90

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:31:02 AM

I really like how we can review the source code.  Although it makes me want to do a QA review on them some of it has been an interesting read, such as how the web node interacts with the tangle and how the smart contracts are set up.  I see now how users won't have to really do anything at all for it to run.  It looks to have some more iterations to go but so far a decent chunk has been taken out which is good.  I like ICOs which already have a prototype well in development.  It will be nice to see how testing and scaling go as development continues.  I would gladly help test it out and even set up a little website.  Hell, I have a website already. 

I would like to see a video interview (possibly on youtube) of an Q&A with the dev's. Dash and Stellar have done this in the past, and its really good to hear the dev's talk about the project and tackle
all the critical questions
Mystic90

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:40:32 AM

when I google " oyster bitcointalk" , I only find the oyster bounty topic. Who thinks that is odd?

I dont have that issue. When I google Oyster bitcointalk this topic is the first search hit I get. Bookmark this topic if you are having issues Smiley
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:25:54 AM

For people looking to invest this article is very interesting:
https://blog.icoalert.com/ico-alert-report-oyster-ffda53924db6

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 187 »
  Print  

Jump to: