Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15628 times)
James ssi~

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:43:00 AM

Gold is a tangible valued item in a form of jewely while bitcoin is not tangible but valued form of money as well, both are essential.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:55:26 AM

I think not, both are good and both have their respective enthusiasts, it's hard for them to abandon their good investments in bitcoin also gold. For whatever it is that if you still have the demand and the demand is still high, then it will not die or be replaced.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Jake Virus

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:01:07 AM

Because gold is used in rope propagation and as a jewel and can be hidden and touched.
That is possible to happen because as of now bitcoin is getting the best as bitcoin they can, and also as of now gold is not in the best it can, because gold is the past and bitcoin is the present and the future in this world so i am very agree that bitcoin can replace gold.

imoet

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

homt.net

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:16:25 AM

I don't thinkk so...gold and bitcoin are different...nowadays we can use gold as jewelry not bitcoin..but the value of bitcoin maybe can defeated gold in the future..because this time is the digital era..

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
saiteja01

Activity: 145

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:45:16 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
I has already replaced the gold.Now it may also replace platinum
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:50:10 PM

For me, bitcoin will never replace gold. Gold is the most use of all and the most famous. Maybe you can say that bitcoin is much expensive than gold. But you can’t see the bitcoin, use can just see the combination of codes, but you can’t see the true beauty of bitcoin. Gold is the most precious metal in this world that you can see and you can also use as jewels. Bitcoin and gold are in a different category; they can’t replace each other. They have different uses in this economy. Smiley
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:51:42 PM

Yes i think, Bitcoin will be more profitable than gold since the value is keep on increasing and it reaches $8k so fast. Probably in the next few more years bitcoins value will surpass even the gold's price.

heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:58:26 PM

I think gold can not be replaced with bitcoin, because the price of gold is always stable and even tend to be more expensive, while the bitcoin price is unpredictable, sometimes up can even go down. In addition, gold is a real object that everyone knows its advantages, whereas bitcoin is the opposite, that is an unreal object and not everyone knows ..

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:39:31 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus

hold it right there...
Gold is not just some shit you extract from earth and trade it to just have value. it has a thousand and one different usages in a wide range of fields. from electronics to medical. and from big (macro) to small (nano) sizes of it is being used.
and the "value" comes from these plus scarcity of it.

I agree to your opinion that gold is not just some shit that you extract from earth and trade it to just have a value and it has a thousand of different usages. But in my opinion I think bitcoin will never replace gold because gold has a reputation since ancient times but base on golds price vs bitcoins price I think on that one bitcoin replaces gold but in terms on reputation I think bitcoin will never replaced golds reputation.
wxa7115

Activity: 2772
Merit: 718

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:39:35 PM

Buying an actual physical gold may be a good idea though you will have to spend for safe storage and have to physically sell it when you need money for something. Buying bitcoin or any cryptocurrency for that matter is less-hassle way. It's value is increasing and you can always bring your wallet with you on your phone or laptop. It is never too late to invest.  You may check this link for more information: www.propthereum.io
This is one of the main problems of gold, storing gold can be a pain if you store it in a bank then you could miss the opportunity to sell it if there is a bank holiday, but if you store it in your home you are always going to be paranoid that it is stolen or that you forget where you put it, you could use a specialized company to hold it but you are going to need to trust them.
bitfon

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 06:03:23 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 12:07:46 PM by bitfon

Bitcoin can replace gold. Gold can disappear, end, etc. A bitcoin is always in the digital space and can not disappear, it is intangible. Plus, its value is growing, it is difficult to extract. It is more convenient than gold in the end.

ForEasy.me пoмoгaeт aвтoмaтичecки и пo выгoднoй цeнe инвecтиpoвaть в Bitcoin и дpyгиe кpиптoвaлюты. Cтpaтeгия ycpeднeния paбoтaeт нa Bac. Haчнитe ceйчac!
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:05:57 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus

hold it right there...
Gold is not just some shit you extract from earth and trade it to just have value. it has a thousand and one different usages in a wide range of fields. from electronics to medical. and from big (macro) to small (nano) sizes of it is being used.
and the "value" comes from these plus scarcity of it.

I agree to your opinion that gold is not just some shit that you extract from earth and trade it to just have a value and it has a thousand of different usages. But in my opinion I think bitcoin will never replace gold because gold has a reputation since ancient times but base on golds price vs bitcoins price I think on that one bitcoin replaces gold but in terms on reputation I think bitcoin will never replaced golds reputation.
About the value, Bitcoin can win an old asset as Gold, but about the popularity and the trust in the trading market, I do not think Bitcoin has any chance to replace Gold someday. Do you want to buy Gold for long term saving if you have a lot of money? For me, I always think this field is the first place to saving my money.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:10:44 PM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
. I think can't be compared. They play in different leagues. But if you ask to choose one, I will choose BITCOIN for so many reasons

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
mahimonliner

Activity: 350

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 06:27:28 PM

Bitcoin and gold are two different things.
Gold is a jewelry and also some people store them for profit but with bitcoin its totally different. Its a currency people used it to pay and the similarly is that both bitcoin and gold are stored or keep for a good profit.

And i prefer keeping or holding bitcoin and i dont actually care about gold.

posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:33:14 PM

Yes, Bitcoin will replace gold because on internet bitcoin have more demand than a gold. Bitcoin have no fix price and its increase day by day on the other side gold just increase sometimes. Everyone here on forum looking for bitcoins and want to accept on any signature campaign or any service which gives them bitcoins. Its easy to gain bitcoins as compare to gold because no one going to pay you gold as it is not easily transferable like bitcoins.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:35:23 PM

In the next few more years, Yes probably it can really surpass the value of gold because there are a lot of investors who are joining this industry and investing a lot of their money because they believe in bitcoins that it really has a future.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
domari

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:57:48 PM

Bitcoin and gold at first glance look similar. but if thought of both tend to be different. Both have a place and a portion of each. So I think bitcoin will not replace gold. Bitcoin has its place in cryptocurrency.
guesswhat

Activity: 125

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:59:59 PM

Yes, Bitcoin will replace gold because on internet bitcoin have more demand than a gold. Bitcoin have no fix price and its increase day by day on the other side gold just increase sometimes. Everyone here on forum looking for bitcoins and want to accept on any signature campaign or any service which gives them bitcoins. Its easy to gain bitcoins as compare to gold because no one going to pay you gold as it is not easily transferable like bitcoins.

No, bitcoin won't replace gold. The only thing bitcoin can manage here is that bitcoin take the investment portion of gold to itself. This means, some gold investors can shift to bitcoin.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:01:42 PM

No, bitcoin won't replace gold. The only thing bitcoin can manage here is that bitcoin take the investment portion of gold to itself. This means, some gold investors can shift to bitcoin.

When would bitcoin have replaced gold? If the market cap surpasses that of gold?
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:31:00 PM

Bitcoin can replace gold. Gold can disappear, end, etc. A bitkoyn is always in the digital space and can not disappear, it is intangible. Plus, its value is growing, it is difficult to extract. It is more convenient than gold in the end.
As the most valuable assets, i think that bitcoin has already overtaken bitcoin but in my opinion, there is no way that it can totally replace bitcoin as a whole. People will never say that Gold is in a bubble but the same cannot be said of bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: