Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SBC] StableCoin ¦¦ A new breed of cryptocurrency ¦¦ v1.2 RELEASED  (Read 102735 times)
FrenchFriesKetchup

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:31:46 AM

Dear miners,

Someone hacked our pools (username xrom) and withdrew significant amount of coins from wallets on two pools: wdc.coinmine.pl and stc.coinmine.pl. Right now we are not able to process all payments as we have huge hole in the wallets.

I've disabled manual payments on all our mines until the issue is resolved.

We are counting on your donations to fill the gap and start functioning normally.

feeleep

I was wondering why I only mined 100 coins in the past 10 hours....

I think there has to be another problem. The hack should not change your hashrate, submitted shares and so on. He only transfered more sbc from the wallet. But the database is not compromised.
MaxGen

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:58:23 AM

I sent you 20..

I told r3wt multiple times that I was out of town and don't have access to the wallet. Relax.

i went ahead and bought 50 and peonminer gave me a donation of 70. should hold me over until you can get to it.
xus

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:06:16 PM

I was mining yesterday about 5 hours with 500MH/s and did not find a single block Sad

hope i will be luckier today Wink

Are you sure you didn't mean to say 500Kh/s? lol

500Mh/s is 5x the total net hash right now for SBC

yeah of course was a typo Wink
But my luck seems to be bad. Mining for 12 hours and got 1 block so far ;(
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:12:41 PM

Dear miners,

Someone hacked our pools (username xrom) and withdrew significant amount of coins from wallets on two pools: wdc.coinmine.pl and stc.coinmine.pl. Right now we are not able to process all payments as we have huge hole in the wallets.

We are counting on your donations to fill the gap and start functioning normally.

feeleep

XROM exploited a vulnerability in one of my pools also - got a significant amount of coin out of it. I had to disable manual withdrawals also. I noticed a couple of others doing the same thing at the same time.
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:33:02 PM

Dear miners,

feeleep
Why are you not counting on fixing the hole to start functioning normally?

Who said I will not fix the hole? But if you can donate a bit then sites can work normally.

MarKusRomanus
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:54:42 PM

Hey I just wanted the stable coin community to know that I have a proportional payout per block pool for stable coin and other coins.
Block Finder also gets 5% of the block.

StableCoin  -  sbc.ub3rl33t.com

Other pools:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232156.0
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:58:34 PM

Good luck dev! If you need help with anything, just send me a PM.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:44:14 PM

Dear miners,

feeleep

Who said I will not fix the hole? But if you can donate a bit then sites can work normally.

Yeah, well, i would have but i just solo-ed a block that was accepted according to cgminer but never showed up in my wallet. :/
Never had that before. Is there  a block explorer operational for this chain?

mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:46:19 PM

Dear miners,

feeleep

Yeah, well, i would have but i just solo-ed a block that was accepted according to cgminer but never showed up in my wallet. :/

That is a stale share someone beat you to it.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:57:41 PM

Dear miners,

feeleep

What shares? I was mining solo.

brambi

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:30:55 PM

Dear miners,

feeleep

Happened to me few times on STC too, blocks found and accpeted but never arrived to the wallet. That is why i moved to the pool.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:33:04 PM

Dear miners,

feeleep

Never had that before. Is there  a block explorer operational for this chain?

Excuse me a stale block

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
niniyo

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:55:22 PM

Can anyone explain what the "UNKNOWN" address means in the coinbase transaction of some blocks?

http://coinminer.net:2750/block/60f8201e18f934b4a20137a731ac2987a5f85824613a0a2e0b3cd6ec5d543d90

Blocks I mine are showing up like this.

Thanks
revilo

Activity: 543
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:15:54 PM

Join my SBC Pool, we're finding a few blocks every hour!

www.play4.co.uk

Login:
pool.play4.co.uk:9119

Username:
Your Wallet
Password:
x

No registration required so pretty straightforward and it wont suffer the coin stealing effects of the unpatched pushpools !
LosingAlpha

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:21:09 PM

Hey feeleep, it's poor form to CC everybody in an email like that, next time please BCC us so as to not expose our email addresses to everybody on the list.

niniyo

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:10:08 PM

The main concern I have with this coin is that it doesn't seem "open" enough:

- It's based on some research (apparently extensive network testing) to determine the 40s block time - but no details were published.  Where is the white paper?  The whole crypto community should be allowed to benefit from this work, peer review it, criticise and give feedback.
- Similar to above, there was a comparison of hashing algorithms done and the conclusion was that scrypt was the safest.  A publication of this work would be appreciated.

Come see what makes StableCoin the most well planned cryptocurrency out there.

We can't see this other than trusting your word for it.

helping to grow StableCoin by working behind the scenes to develop and deploy services that will ensure success

Wouldn't it be better to be active *in the scene* rather than "behind the scenes"?  This is supposed to be an open source project.

RETHINKING CRYPTOCURRENCY FROM THE BOTTOM UP

This is really an over-the-top statement.  Stablecoin is not a bottom-up rethink of cryptocurrency.  It's a copy of the bitcoin design and source code, with minor modifications.  To keep this project stable, lets be open and honest about things.

The combination of these things just gives me a feeling as if the coin is a bit too centrally-planned and governed rather than truely open and community based.

BTW I'm looking for a discussion here, not just trying to write bad things about it.  I'm sharing my thoughts because I've been mining this coin and want to make sure it has a future.
BinaryTristar

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:22:33 AM

Keep up the great work, this is the smoothest launch ever. Oh and get that store up! Smiley
Cryptoin

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:12:53 AM

Keep up the great work, this is the smoothest launch ever. Oh and get that store up! Smiley

If this coin is going anywhere we definitely need a store, wiki/site, and exchange(s).
xus

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:01:33 PM

yeah if the store does not show up in time this coin will fail...

so get it as fast as possible Wink
ManOfKnight

Activity: 243

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:45:06 PM

I agree...as now coingas is up and running so now there are NUMEROUS coins out there with a store and stablecoin is stuck with the promise of a store.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: