Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 145 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving Bitcoins for your Children.  (Read 24437 times)
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:41:12 PM

Like every other investment such as real estate, stocks and other forms of investment we know that you can invest in that kind of things and then you get something like say a Certificate or a Binding Document as a proof that you are part of that investment, now that of bitcoin all you have is just your address, your password, key and seeds as proof of the ownership of the wallet.

BTC

So now if one is considering buying bitcoins and saving for his/her children in the future is there any way to do that with bitcoins apart from having to write down your details somewhere. I'm asking because with that kind of stuff if no one knows your seeds or password no one can get the coins. Huh Huh Huh
I do not care about my children's future because their future is very bright thanks to our bitcoin incomes. My bitcoins are enough to help them to create very luxurious lifestyle. Because of this, they will definitely have great life with my bitcoins..
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doclam

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:52:30 PM

hey that is really a good idea. I would start doing it from today 20 October Smiley
Lykslyks

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:59:09 PM

Like every other investment such as real estate, stocks and other forms of investment we know that you can invest in that kind of things and then you get something like say a Certificate or a Binding Document as a proof that you are part of that investment, now that of bitcoin all you have is just your address, your password, key and seeds as proof of the ownership of the wallet.

BTC

So now if one is considering buying bitcoins and saving for his/her children in the future is there any way to do that with bitcoins apart from having to write down your details somewhere. I'm asking because with that kind of stuff if no one knows your seeds or password no one can get the coins. Huh Huh Huh

It's good that you think of something that would be worthy for the future of you children, but i think you should consider their thoughts about it and they should have enough knowledge on the flow of your investment here in bitcoin. I'm not against with your decision but no one is sure of what is the future of bitcoin.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:00:38 PM

You can have shared addresses which would be used by two people something like an joint account.On;y compulsion is the other party should be very trusted.Otherwise they can use multi-escrow system.

BTC
Simple,create a dedicated wallet for your child,paper wallet the private keys and never look back at it again until the day you're handing it over to your kid.There are multiple ways to do this and it's subjective.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:02:43 PM

You should understand the difference, before when you are investing on bonds and other methods that time you are not the owner of the money they where, but now you are the 100% owner of the money you posses under you so even if someone steals your money than also it's your responsibility.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:12:19 PM

I made a paper wallet for my son and I deposit a smaller amount of Bitcoins there every month. I kept it in a secret place that only me and another person knows.
Wow. This is a great idea mate, this is good investment. This will idea will secure the future of our childrens, thanks for this and I may also try this. Let's just secure the paper wallet or any private keys of our bitcoin wallet. Even smaller amount of bitcoins every month is really a big help for the future of our family.
googlebtc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:33:19 PM

every week or month I always keep in bitcoin for my child because saving is a good thing for the child's future because I will create a secret key that I will give to my family and especially I will introduce a bit of understanding about bitcoin to my family so that my family understand about bitcoin I will make the same secret wallet so they know how to unlock the secrets I made and they can take my savings and give it to my child when I go in this world.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:36:34 PM

I think the biggest thing for people is security. If you go out and talk to a lot of people however, they dont want to be liable for their security. They want a business to keep up with the security and protect their assets. Which is why I think coinbase is going to be a very old company some day. For a lot of people that may want to invest and safe coins for their children, making a Coinbase account and securing it will be the best way for them to save the coins for their children since you just need very simple information.

Positivebetting
scipida

Activity: 195
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:41:16 PM

BTC

Its nice idea to store BTC for our future genertion but its highly risky to store amount in your wallet as one may loose his/her private key and password it turns your wallet unaccesible and you loose your amount but at the same time it it will make children aware about Bitcoin and then price of BTC will go to moon

I think this is a wonderful idea for a fantastic detective - were my parents' money and what do all these figures mean? Cool
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:41:29 PM

It's a good idea.  I have a 9-month old daughter and its kind of cool to think she may have all kinds of questions for me about being an early adapter to crypto one day.  This has potential to be huge.  Hopefully I will still have my Bitcoin and Onions by the time we have those discussions.  

I will tell her all about my DeepOnion airdrop and how fortunate I was to get in on it at an early stage and how I got my first Bitcoin (hasn't happend YET).

Is anyone here actually saving a bitcoin or more for their child's college fund?  That has the potential to be an epic college fund!  Hmm, ideas...
annbagira

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:45:46 PM

Hello all! Hello author! I just remembered such interesting project as DigiPulse is was an alternative options for the last will in the digital age for people like we all are here on bitcoin talk! I have no any idea why this project doesn't  fly to the moon yet. On my opinion Digi was high perspective and very necessary for peoples to give financial protection to our beloved  and relatives! It's very important! Hope we can see such project soon!
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:47:21 PM

Yes saving bitcoin is one of the best projects for the future of our children, and for ourselves too. This crypto currency is really promising and its price keep rising with time, so we can make good profit if we hold it for long period
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:56:35 PM

This is a very good point. Cause ones child cannot take his father's name as his own. Well for me I am still a student, I only teach my baby brother how things about bitcoin and crypto currencies are done.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:11:29 PM

every week or month I always keep in bitcoin for my child because saving is a good thing for the child's future because I will create a secret key that I will give to my family and especially I will introduce a bit of understanding about bitcoin to my family so that my family understand about bitcoin I will make the same secret wallet so they know how to unlock the secrets I made and they can take my savings and give it to my child when I go in this world.
Saving bitcoin in present time is no doubt a good decision, but i think that no one know about the future of bitcoin and no one know how bitcoin will be treated when your children will grow up. i think it will be more good, if you make money from bitcoin trading and they make some property on your children name. Because with th passage of time the importance of property is increasing and  can give you a conform profit after years or decades.
EEE14

Activity: 104

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:38:19 PM

Bitcoin is becoming increasingly popular day by day, I think in the future people will start using Bitcoin as the main money. You may know that in some countries of the world, now Bitcoin has ATM, Bank, MasterCard. There are even many shops where Bitcoin is acceptable. So I think Bitcoin needs to be saved for your children.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:41:13 PM

Holding bitcoins for 20 years as an investment for your children could give you huge returns. However, it would be risky to hold only bitcoins or crypto. I think it would be wise to diversify a little and have some fiat in a standard long term savings account for then too.
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:46:37 PM

BTC

Ive stored 10ea for both of my daughters, 20 for my wife and left the access details with a couple of my siblings.. neither my wife or kids know about it or other coins i stored in the cold. One day i will surprise them, just waiting for the write time which will probably be in a couple of years.
rjefferson

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:03:34 PM

That's a very sweet and smart gesture, but always consider your wallet you're using. And obviously to never lose the key lol. Althought I have heard of an ICO that's trying to leave "wills" of crypto for loved ones.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:09:29 PM

BTC

Saving for the future is a great way specially when it for your children.I did'nt have no wallet to save but all my earnings in bitcoin I withdraw it and save it in the bank book of my children for their educational future.I want to secure their future if anything happens to us they can easily use their savings.Bitcoin increasingly day by day it is good to know that it can helps us to earn and save every earnings we earn.
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:55:35 PM

Holding bitcoins for 20 years as an investment for your children could give you huge returns. However, it would be risky to hold only bitcoins or crypto. I think it would be wise to diversify a little and have some fiat in a standard long term savings account for then too.
We can expect that it will really give us a huge profit after 20 or 20+ years, because bitcoin is still in a very early stage and it has to cover a long destination, still very limited number of people know about bitcoin, but now their number is rapidly increasing because of the increasing interest of the people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 145 »
  Print  

Jump to: