Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:44:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:38:18 PM

Bitcoin is both. But until the market matures it will be used a lot more as an investment asset rather than as currency. In 5 years it will probably start shifting to being more of a currency once it has reached global adoption (6 figures). The other side of this is the technical innovations to allow it to be used as a payment platform for any amount of users are not yet in place and will likely take a few years to fully implement, so the time it takes for Bitcoin to grow into a mature asset before becoming a useful currency allows the time needed for the technical upgrades that will actually let it be used as a currency on a global scale.

Until it is mature the price will be growing exponentially, so most people see much more upside to holding it as an asset than spending it as a currency. This is why fiat currencies are inflationary, to make people want to spend money rather than hoard money. But once Bitcoin has reached mass adoption and is no longer growing exponentially people will start using it more for payments. By this time it will be accepted in most major online outlets and maybe even a good amount of brick and mortar stores.

Acting as an asset is how it gets popular which leads it to eventually being used as a currency once it has matured.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:50:35 PM

Is bitcoin an assets or currency?? Ok just for me, will when we say assets is something that you owned or should we say property and currency or should we say money...

But both of them are similar and important to us as a human being, for me its the same because they are one of the role of our life.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:13:54 PM

I think bitcoin is a property and a currency. Bitcoin is very valuable, it is a lot of buyers to hoard for the future. Like gold, if you buy more and more profits on higher bitcoin. On the other hand, btcoin is also considered as a currency, which can be used to pay for some items
yes the bitcoin is now very valuable an d the best currency it is having a lot of the value of the new age and now almost all the people are buying the bitcoin and they are holding if for the best value, it is not only the asset but it is the main source of the income for them today if you will buy one bitcoin you will see it as the highest price and the value in the future so if you are having the bitcoin you are very lucky.
specsmuluk

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:06:12 AM

if I think bitcoin is a digital currency because bitcoin is now using a lot of transactions using bitcoin. therefore I declare bitcoin is the currency ...
Tzuan_bit

Activity: 151
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:15:01 AM

Hallo all
Bitcoin is a unique form of asset and could also be a currency where in you can use it as an investment; buying ,holding,and selling it on its expensive price in order to earn a profit. It is an asset because by owning a portion of it allows us to access on different transactions through its application like paying bills,tradings etc. Its digital value is considered as currency where in you can use it as digital cash for paying bills or goods, thanks
Mobilelagitrens

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:19:57 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
If i am think Bitcoin has a currency-asset duality in nature. Bitcoin is a currency because it is made as it i and Bitcoin is an asset because it behaves that way. I believe that Bitcoin is not intentionally made to behave like an asset since Satoshi designed Bitcoin as a "digital cash". However, because of decentralization and volatility, it is inevitable to make Bitcoin behave like an asset more than like a currency. Behaving an asset is not a bad thing but it might hinder Bitcoin from going mainstream. We cannot fully eliminate the nature of Being an asset in Bitcoin but we can reduce that by using it like fiat and do not hold.
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:24:47 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
I think bitcoin is an currency where you can exchange your bitcoin into valuable things and you can used it in some transactions like paying bills and shopping on online market. In addition, some people prefer to used as an asset but I prefer to used as currency.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 08:27:37 AM

If you have a Bitcoin debit card then it is easy to sue Bitcoin as a currency as it gets converted immediately and you can purchase what you like any time anywhere. I also do believe that Bitcoin being the first digital bloclckchain currency is like Gold in the sense that it is a store of value also and holding a little Bitcoin long term might work wonders for anyone's retirement fund portfolio or generally for the future.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:58:19 AM

Bitcoins became an asset if it was own by any individual even in a very small value and its also a currency when you use it to pay for goods or any services that requires payment.  

Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 09:03:52 AM

Op, Bitcoin serves as an assets and as currency. It serve as a currency because you use it to make purchase and at the same use it to pay for services. Bitcoin serve as an assets for reason been that its value appreciate significantly over time and that makes it an assets that worth investing as compared to other  form of traditional assets.
azhariejaya

Activity: 546
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:11:32 AM

I agree if bitcoin is said to be an asset, but I do not agree to say it as currency because the value of bitcoin is unstable. bitcoin as an asset as well as gold and silver where we expect value to rise and generate profit for us as a traders.
Kizaki

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:16:06 AM

For me not. It is not a bad thing instead, it is one of its many uses because it can be used for various ways. For me, bitcoin is really an asset you get. An asset you put your time into and an asset that we invest on. As community, keeping its demand and popularity is a good thing we do to contribute. We should keep supporting bitcoin as it is the one that might change our future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:23:25 AM

I used to consider Bitcoin as a currency, when I fist entered the cryptocoin sector. But now the things have changed. The huge increase in fees has made the usage of Bitcoin as a payment medium very expensive. On the other hand, its attractiveness as an investment has risen, due to sky high returns.
jirene21

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:39:53 AM

For me bitcoin is currency but at the same time is asset

zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:45:20 AM

It's simply both.

Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. Bitcoin is also attractive as a currency because it's borderless, permissionless, and pretty fast and cheap (except when Roger Ver/Bitmain are spamming it).

So for some use cases like buying a VPN, bitcoin is the best currency.
I think Bitcoin is now an asset and Bitcoin will never be a legitimate currency or payment because the government has not received the arrival of bitcoin
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:45:49 AM

Definitely an asset for me. Price is still increasing and it would be a waste to spend it as currency for now. Will wait for when i really need the cash.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:56:12 AM

I used to consider Bitcoin as a currency, when I fist entered the cryptocoin sector. But now the things have changed. The huge increase in fees has made the usage of Bitcoin as a payment medium very expensive. On the other hand, its attractiveness as an investment has risen, due to sky high returns.
I think that bitcoin is just the both of those two. Currency and asset because with bitcoin, you can buy things online or use it as a payment for the things or items that you will buy and it is also an asset because if you will decide to just hold it then you will have a a chance to make profit by just holding because the price of bitcoin is going up as the time goes by.
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:35:10 PM

yes! It is really an asset or a currency, because in this economic environment, bitcoins are malleable to economic reforms.
And there is no baneful influences to our lifestyle in using bitcoin.

Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:40:40 PM

It is both an asset and a currency it depends on how one treats it. It can be seen as a full currency if you only use it for small or large scale procurement almost everyday and it can be an asset if you solely buy them to trade or save by taking advantage of it's volatility.
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:41:33 PM

yes! It is really an asset or a currency, because in this economic environment, bitcoins are malleable to economic reforms.
And there is no baneful influences to our lifestyle in using bitcoin.

Bitcoin's intended purpose is as a medium of exchange but it may also be used as an asset and investment. ... Whether the evidence towards investment rather than currency and thus a medium of exchange is due to the volatility of Bitcoin is a matter for future research.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: